This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 6
HISTORY OF SURGERY
S.A. SUSHKOU, YU.S. NEBYLITSIN, E.N. REUTSKAYA, A.N. RAK
DIFFICULT PATIENT. WOUND OF PYOTR IVANOVICH BAGRATION. PART I
EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”
The Republic of Belarus
In 2012 it was a 200 years anniversary of the Patriotic war of 1812. It was the bloodiest war of the XIX century. The given paper makes an attempt to show comprehensively the problems of medical aid rendering to the wounded in the Russian army during battles, having studied them on one concrete case – the wounding of a legendary general Pyotr Ivanovich Bagration. The materials reflecting the circumstances of the general’s wounding are presented in the first part of the paper and the course of the pathological process and peculiarities of the conducted treatment are described in details on the basis of evidence of the witness.
During the War of 1812 the military doctors managed to return back to front tens of thousands of soldiers and officers of the Russian army. At the same time, despite the wound of P.I. Bagration wasn’t fatal initially and the best surgeons of that time were constantly beside him, he died of the developed gaseous gangrene.
The authors of many publications completely blame the doctors who rendered the medical aid for the unfavorable outcome. But such approach seems to be simplified as the most objective estimation can be done not using the results of the isolated analysis of the conducted treatment but studying comprehensively the problem taking into account all realities of that time: the level of the medical science at the beginning of the XIX century, the state of medical service of the Russian army, the military situation of that war period, etc.
- Tarle EV. Nashestvie Napoleona na Rossiiu. 1812 god [Napoleon's invasion of Russia. 1812 year]. Moscow, RF: Voenizdat; 1992. 304 p.
- Martos AI, Titov AA. Zapiski inzhenernogo ofitsera Martosa [The notes of engineer officer Martos ]. Rus Arkhiv. 1893;2(Vyp 7-8):456–19, 449–42.
- Govorov IaI. Poslednie dni zhizni kniazia Petra Ivanovicha Bagrationa [Last days of prince Pyotr Ivanovich Bagration]. Saint-Petersburg, RF; 1815(6):33–38. Available from: http://dlib.rsl.ru/viewer.
- 1812 god. Sobytiia 7 sentiabria. Borodinskoe srazhenie. S poludnia i do okonchaniia [1812 year. Events on September 7. The Battle of Borodino. From noon until the end]. Voennyi obozrevatel'. Available from: http://warsonline.info/1812-god/7-sentyabrya-borodinskoe-srazhenie-2-chast.html.
- Anisimov EV. General Bagration. Zhizn' i voina [General Bagration. Life and war]. Available from: http://lib.rus.ec/b/345654.
- 1812 god. Sobytiia 7 sentiabria. Borodinskoe srazhenie. Khod bitvy do poludnia [1812 year. Events on September 7. The Battle of Borodino. The progress of battle up to noon]. Voennyi obozrevatel'. Available from: http://warsonline.info/1812-god/6
- Kovalevskii NF. Istoriia gosudarstva Rossiiskogo: zhizneopisaniia znamenitykh voennykh deiatelei XVIII - nachalo XX v. [History of the Russian State: biographies of famous military leaders of the XVIII - beginning of XX century]. Moscow, RF: Kn palata, 1997. 414 p.
- Zalesskii KA. Napoleonovskie voiny 1799-1815 [The Napoleonic Wars 1799-1815]. Biograficheskii entsiklopedicheskii slovar'. Izd-va: AST, Astrel': 2003. 832 p.
- Larinskii N. «…Rana byla khorosha i obeshchala spasenie…» Istoriia raneniia PI Bagrationa [The wound was good and promised salvation ..." History of PI Bagration Wound]. Available from: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com.
- Davydov M. Byla li rana smertel'noi [Was the wound mortal]. Nauka i zhizn'. 2012;(9):26–33.
- Budko A. Legkoe ranenie so smertel'nym iskhodom [Slight wound with mortal outcome]. Med Gaz. 2012 20 iiulia;(52):15.
210023, Respublika Belarus, g. Vitebsk, pr. Frunze, d. 27, UO «Vitebskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», kafedra obschey khirurgii,
Nebylitsin Yuriy Stanislavovich
Sushkov S.A. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor, vice-rector on scientific research work of EE “Vitebsk StateMedical University
Nebylitsin Yu.S. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the chair of general surgery of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”
Reutskaya E.N., a 6-year student of the medical faculty of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University
Rak A.N., a 6-year student of the medical faculty of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University
I.V. MAIBORODIN, V.V. MOROZOV, JA.V. NOVIKOVA, V.A. MATVEEVA, L.V. ARTEMYEVA, A.L. MATVEEV, S.V. HOMENIUK, S.V. MARCHUKOV
ACCELERATION OF DEVELOPMENT OF POSTOPERATIVE GRANULATIONS AFTER ADMINISTRATION OF MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS NEAR THE THROMBOSED VEIN IN EXPERIMENT
Center of Modern Medical Technology of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of Siberian branch of RAS , Novosibirsk, The Russian Federation
Objectives. To estimate the possibility of paravasal application of the autologous multipotent mesenchymal stem cells of a bone marrow origin (AMMSCBMO) for the blood flow restoration in a thrombosed vein in experiment.
Methods. The morphological results of the AMMSCBMO introduction with GFP transfected gene and DAPI cellular nuclei additionally marked with a dye near the thrombosed vein were studied by means of the fluorescence microscopy.
Results. Many vessels consisting of the specifically fluorescent cells were found out in the place of a surgical intervention performed at thrombosis modeling. The restoration of the blood flow in the thrombosed main vein is always the result of thrombolysis. The signs of AMMSCBMO embedding into the wall of thrombosed vessels haven’t been found. The recanalization of the blood clot and formation of collaterals haven’t been detected as well. At thrombosis modeling in experiment? thrombosis of the small branches occurs by introduction of thrombin and ligation of the main vein. In them restoration of blood flow occurs by involving introduced AMMSCBMO or through a blood clot recanalization or through the obliteration of thrombosed vessels and formation of new ones. Thus the restoration of the blood flow in the tissue region of the affected vein is quicker probability of development of tissue hypoxemic necroses and other complications decreases. Gradually introduced AMMSCBMO and the structures generated with their participation, are extruded by own cells an organism-recipient.
Conclusions. At introduction of AMMSCBMO in paravasal cellulose of the main thrombosed vein, they take part in restoration of the tissue blood flow in the region of the thrombosed vein, and also in development of granulations in the place of the surgical intervention performed at thrombosis modeling.
- Shevchenko IuL, Stoiko IuM, Lytkina MI. Osnovy klinicheskoi flebologii [Fundamentals of Clinical Phlebology]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina, 2005. 312 p.
- Gu Y, Qi L, Zhang J, Guo L, Li J, Zhang S, Yu H, Li X, Cui S, Chen B, Wu Y, Tong Z, Wang Z. Middle-term outcome of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells transplantation for treatment of lower limb ischemia. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2009 Mar;23(3):341–44. [Article in Chinese]
- Meng QY, Li XQ, Yu XB, Lei FR, Jiang K, Li CY. Transplantation of VEGF165-gene-transfected endothelial progenitor cells in the treatment of chronic venous thrombosis in rats. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010 Feb 20;123(4):471–77.
- Tong Z, Gu Y, Zhang J, Li J, Zhang S, Wang Z. Changes of endothelial progenitor cells in rats after bone-marrow stimulation. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2008 Oct;22(10):1218–21. [Article in Chinese]
- Chen YK, Jiang XM, Gong JP. Recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor enhanced the resolution of venous thrombi. J Vasc Surg. 2008 May;47(5):1058-65.
- Santo SD, Tepper OM, von Ballmoos MW, Diehm N, Volzmann J, Baumgartner I, Kalka C. Cell-based therapy facilitates venous thrombus resolution. Thromb Haemost. 2009 Mar;101(3):460–64.
- Wessler S, Reimer SM, Sheps MC. Biological assay of a thrombosis inducing activity in human serum. J Appl Physiol. 1959 Nov;14:943–46.
- Carmeliet P, Luttun A. The emerging role of the bone marrow-derived stem cells in (therapeutic) angiogenesis. Thromb Haemost. 2001 Jul;86(1):289–97.
- Shi Q, Wu MH, Hayashida N, Wechezak AR, Clowes AW, Sauvage LR.
- Proof of fallout endothelialization of impervious Dacron grafts in the aorta and inferior vena cava of the dog. J Vasc Surg. 1994 Oct;20(4):546–56.
- Shi Q, Rafii S, Wu MH, Wijelath ES, Yu C, Ishida A, Fujita Y, Kothari S, Mohle R, Sauvage LR, Moore MA, Storb RF, Hammond WP. Evidence for circulating bone marrow-derived endothelial cells. Blood. 1998 Jul 15;92(2):362–67.
- Maiborodin IV, Iakimova NV, Matveeva VA, Pekarev OG, Maiborodina EI, Pekareva EO, Tkachuk OK. Morfologicheskii analiz rezul'tatov vvedeniia autologichnykh stvolovykh stromal'nykh kletok kostnomozgovogo proiskhozhdeniia v rubets matki krys [Morphological analysis of implantation results of autologous bone marrow stromal stem cells in rat uterine scar]. Morfologiia. 2010;138(6):47–55
- Maiborodin IV, Iakimova NV, Matveeva VA, Pekarev OG, Maiborodina EI, Pekareva EO. Angiogenez v rubtse matki krys posle vvedeniia autologichnykh mezenkhimal'nykh stvolovykh kletok kostnomozgovogo proiskhozhdeniia [Angiogenesis in rat uterine scar after implantation of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells]. Biul Eksperim Biologii i Meditsiny. 2010;150(12):705–11.
- Maiborodin I, Yakimova N, Matveeva V, Shevela A, Maiborodina E, Pekareva, Tkachuk O. Angiogenesis in rat uterine scar after introduction of autological mesenchymal stem cells of bone marrow origin. J Biomedical Science and Engineering. 2011;4(3):164–72.
- Maiborodin IV, Kolesnikov IS, Sheplev BV, Ragimova TM, Shevela AI, Kovyntsev AN, Kolmakova IA, Pritchina IA, Kozlova EV, Voitovich AB, Kovyntsev DN. Granulematoznoe vospalenie posle primeneniia preparatov fibrina [Granulomatous inflammation after treatment of fibrin]. Morfol Vedomosti. 2007;1(3-4):116–18.
- 15. Maiborodin IV, Kolesnikov IS, Sheplev BV, Ragimova TM, Kovyntsev AN, Kovyntsev DN, Shevela AI. Morfologiia podlezhashchikh tkanei desny posle dental'noi implantatsii s primeneniem preparatov fibrina [The morphology of the underlying gingival tissues after dental implantation by fibrin preparations]. Stomatologiia. 2009;88(1):9–13.
630090, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Novosibirsk, pr. akad. Lavrenteva, d 8, Institut himicheskoy biologii i fundamentalnoy meditsinyi SO RAN, Tsentr novyih meditsinskih tehnologiy, laboratoriya stvolovoy kletki,
Maiborodin Igor Valentinovich
Maiborodin I.V. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, leading researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Morozov V.V. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, leading researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Novikova JA.V. Candidate of medical sciences, researcher of the invasive medical technologies laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Matveeva V.A. Candidate of biological sciences, senior researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Artemyeva L.V. Leading engineer of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Matveev A.L. Post-graduate student of the molecular microbiology chair of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Homeniuk S.V. Researcher of the invasive medical technologies laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
Marchukov S.V. Post-graduate student of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk
S.V. SHKODKIN 1,2, M.I. KOGAN 3, S.V. IVANOV4, J.B. IDASHKIN 2, O.I. STEPCHENKO2
ULTRASOUND ESTIMATION OF THE EXPERIMENTAL STENT EFFICACY IN COMPARISON WITH CONVENTIONALLY USED ONES
FSBEE HPE “Belgorod State National Research University” 1,
RSBME “Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital Of Saint Joasaph” 2,
FSBEE HPE “Rostov State Medical University” 3,
FSBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”4,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To estimate sonographic changes in the stented kidney depending on the type of stent used and the terms of the drainage in the experiment.
Methods. Ultrasound anatomy of the stented kidney was studied in male rabbits of Gray giant breed. In the main study group the unilateral experimental stent implantation with the external diameter of 3 Ch and length of 4 cm made of nickelide-titanium wire 100 mm in diameter and protected with the original nanostructured coat containing carbon-silver was carried out. The stents were manufactured by the laboratories of the Research institute “Belgorod State National Research University”. As a control (n=10 animals), the unilateral implantation of “White-star standart” stent of the company Urotech (Germany) of the same diameter was performed. In the pre- and postoperative period the ultrasound of the kidneys using the apparatus “Aloka 3500” with the use of linear sensor of 8 Mhz was done. The morphometric size and physiology of renal blood flow were registered.
Results. Ultrasound picture of the stented kidney in the control group of animals was characterized by the progression of retention changes in the upper urinary tract. The cause of retention changes of the upper urinary tract was vesico-ureteral reflux and the obstruction of the internal stent. Disturbance of the urine outflow from the upper urinary tract in the control group of animals was accompanied by sonographic signs of sclerotic changes in the stented kidney. In the main group no statistically significant differences in ultrasonic morphometric parameters and renal blood flow were registered in comparison with the initial data and the contralateral kidney (ð>0,05).
Conclusions. Segmental drainage of the upper urinary tract by experimental stent did not disturb physiology in the stented kidney and did not lead to the development of obstructive uropathy.
- Doronchuk DN, Trapeznikova MF, Dutov VV. Vybor metoda drenirovaniia verkhnikh mochevykh putei pri mochekamennoi bolezni [Choice of an upper urinary tract drainage method in urolithiasis]. Urologiia. 2010;(3):7–10.
- 2. Aliaev IuG, Rapoport LM, Tsarichenko DG, Stoilov SV, Bushuev VO. Stentirovanie pochek pri ureterogidronefroze u bol'nykh giperplaziei prostaty bol'shikh razmerov [Kidney stenting of patients with large prostatic hyperplasia in ureterohydronephrosis]. Andrologiia i Genital Khir. 2008;(3):43–44.
- 3. Auge BK, Sarvis JA, L'esperance JO, Preminger GM. Practice patterns of ureteral stenting after routine ureteroscopic stone surgery: a survey of practicing urologists. J Endourol. 2007 Nov;21(11):1287–91.
- 4. Goldsmith ZG, Wang AJ, Banez LL, Lipkin ME, Ferrandino MN, Preminger GM, Inman BA. Outcomes of metallic stents for malignant ureteral obstruction. J Urol. 2012 Sep;188(3):851–55.
- 5. Chew BH, Knudsen BE, Nott L, Pautler SE, Razvi H, Amann J, Denstedt JD. Pilot study of ureteral movement in stented patients: first step in understanding dynamic ureteral anatomy to improve stent comfort. J Endourol. 2007 Sep;21(9):1069–75.
- 6. Guliev BG. Palliativnoe lechenie obstruktsii mochetochnikov u onkologicheskikh bol'nykh [Palliative treatment of ureteral obstruction in oncological patients]. Vestn Sankt-Peterb gos med akad im II Mechnikova. 2006;(3):102–104.
- 7. Novikova EG, Teplov AA, Smirnova SV, Onopko VF, Rusakov IG. Striktury mochetochnikov u bol'nykh rakom sheiki matki [Ureteral stricture in patients with cervical cancer]. Ros Onkol Zhurn. 2009;(30):28–34.
- 8. Doronchuk DN, Trapeznikova MF, Dutov VV. Otsenka kachestva zhizni bol'nykh mochekamennoi bolezn'iu v zavisimosti ot metoda drenirovaniia verkhnikh mochevyvodiashchikh putei [Quality of life of patients with urolithiasis, depending on the method of drainage of the upper urinary tract]. Urologiia. 2010;(2):14–17.
- 9. Chepurov AK, Zenkov SS, Mamaev IE. Vliianie dlitel'nogo drenirovaniia verkhnikh mochevykh putei mochetochnikovymi stentami na funktsional'nye sposobnosti pochki [Influence of prolonged ureteral stent drainage of the upper urinary tract on renal functional capacity]. Andrologiia i Genit Khirurgiia. 2009;(2):172
- 10. Chepurov AK, Zenkov SS, Mamaev IE. Rol' infitsirovaniia verkhnikh mochevykh putei u bol'nykh s dlitel'nym drenirovaniem mochetochnikovymi stentami [The role of the upper urinary tract infections in patients with long-term ureteral stents drainage]. Andrologiia i Genit Khirurgiia. 2009:173.
308011, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Belgorod, ul. Nekrasova 8/9, korp. 8, FGFOU VPO «Belgorodskiy gosudarstvennyiy natsionalnyiy issledovatelskiy universitet», kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney ¹2,
Shkodkin Sergey Valentinovich
Shkodkin S.V. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the surgical diseases chair ¹2 of FSBEE HPE “Belgorod State National Research University”, urologist of the urological unit of RSBME “Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital of Saint Joasaph”.
Kogan M.I. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, Honored worker of Science of RF, head of the urology and man’s reproductive health chair with the course of children urology-andrology of FSBEE HPE “Rostov State Medical University”.
Ivanov S.V. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the surgical diseases chair ¹1 of FSBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Idashkin J.B. Urologist of the urological unit of RSBME “Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital of Saint Joasaph”.
Stepchenko O.I. Ultrasound diagnostics specialist of diagnostic center of RSBME “Belgorod Regional Clinical Hospital of Saint Joasaph”.
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
A.A. ZIANKOU1,2, U. P. OSTROVSKIJ3,4, A.P. KUTSKO1
POSSIBILITY OF THE HYBRID MYOCARDIAL REVASCULARIZATION WITH FULL ARTERIAL BYPASS GRAFTING OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE CORONARY ARTERIES AT MULTIVASCULAR AFFECTION
ME “Vitebsk Regional clinical hospital” 1,
EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”2
SE RSPC “Cardiology” 3
SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”4
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To estimate immediate results of the proposed method of the hybrid myocardial revascularization (HMR) with full arterial bypass grafting of the left ventricle coronary arteries at the multivascular affection.
Methods. 77 patients with the ischemic heart disease underwent the full minimally invasive coronary surgery (MICS) at multivascular affection from 2011 to 2012 in the cardiac surgery department of Vitebsk regional clinical hospital. The strategy of the MICS was focused on performing functionally adequate arterial revascularization of the left ventricle from the left-sided mini-thoracotomy as well as on avoidance the artificial blood circulation on the ascending aorta. In 7 (9,9%) cases hybrid approach with full arterial composite-sequential revascularization of the left ventricle was done as well as percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty of the right coronary artery (RCA) during the same hospitalization. Indications for the HMR were: inadequate visualization and positioning of the branches of the RCA with high risk of the cardiopulmonary bypass; high probability of the competitive blood flow in the RCA-system after revascularization from the left internal mammary artery. Mean age was 59,4 years, all patients were male. 3 (42,9%) patients had hemodynamically significant affection of the left coronary artery trunk.
Results. There were no lethal outcomes in the studied group as well as emergency conversions to the cardiopulmonary bypass and sternotomy. Intraoperative inotropic support was not used, 3 (42,9%) patients underwent vasopressor therapy. Immediate results of the HMR showed a low rate of the perioperative complications and are associated with short period of ICU – stay and reduced hospital length of stay.
Conclusions. Hybrid approach with full arterial revascularization of the left ventricle is feasible in patients with multivascular coronary artery affection. The proposed method broadens indications to hybrid myocardial revascularization. Its application is supposed to reduce the number of complications, to improve long-term results, to cut down cost of treatment. Further investigations are necessary to confirm these assumptions.
- Davidavicius G, Van Praet F, Mansour S, Casselman F, Bartunek J, Degrieck I, Wellens F, De Geest R, Vanermen H, Wijns W, De Bruyne B. Hybrid revascularization strategy: a pilot study on the association of robotically enhanced minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass surgery and fractional-flow-reserve-guided percutaneous coronary intervention. Circulation. 2005 Aug 30;112(9 Suppl):I317–22.
- Angelini GD, Wilde P, Salerno TA, Bosco G, Calafiore AM. Integrated left small thoracotomy and angioplasty for multivessel coronary artery revascularisation. Lancet. 1996 Mar 16;347(9003):757–58.
- Farhat F, Depuydt F, Praet FV, Coddens J, Vanermen H. Hybrid cardiac revascularization using a totally closed-chest robotic technology and a percutaneous transluminal coronary dilatation. The Heart Surgery Forum. 2000; 3(2):119–20. Available from: http://www.hsforum.com.
- Gilard M, Bezon E, Cornily JC, Mansourati J, Mondine P, Barra JA, Boschat J. Same-day combined percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery surgery. Cardiology. 2007;108(4):363–67.
- Kon ZN, Brown EN, Tran R, Joshi A, Reicher B, Grant MC, Kallam S, Burris N, Connerney I, Zimrin D, Poston RS. Simultaneous hybrid coronary revascularization reduces postoperative morbidity compared with results from conventional off-pump coronary artery bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008 Feb;135(2):367–75.
- Stahl KD, Boyd WD, Vassiliades TA, Karamanoukian HL. Hybrid robotic coronary artery surgery and angioplasty in multivessel coronary artery disease. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002 Oct;74(4):S1358–62.
- Us MH, Basaran M, Yilmaz M, Yaymaci B, Ulusoy E, Sanioglu S, Ozbek C, Arslan Y, Pocan S, Yilmaz AT. Hybrid coronary revascularization in high-risk patients. Tex Heart Inst J. 2006;33(4):458–62.
- Wittwer T, Cremer J, Boonstra P, Grandjean J, Mariani M, Mugge A, Drexler H, den Heijer P, Leitner ER, Hepp A, Wehr M, Haverich A. Myocardial "hybrid" revascularisation with minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass grafting combined with coronary angioplasty: preliminary results of a multicentre study. Heart. 2000 Jan;83(1):58–63.
- Riess FC, Bader R, Kremer P, Kuhn C, Kormann J, Mathey D, Moshar S, Tuebler T, Bleese N, Schofer J. Coronary hybrid revascularization from January 1997 to January 2001: a clinical follow-up. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002 Jun;73(6):1849–55.
210037, Respublika Belarus, g. Vitebsk, ul. Voinov-internatsionalistov, d. 37, UZ «Vitebskaya oblastnaya klinicheskaya bolnitsa», otdelenie kardiohirurgii,
e-mail: Zenkov_Al@rambler.ru, Zenkov Aleksandr Aleksandrovich
Ziankou A.A. Candidate of medical sciences, head of the cardiac surgery department of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”, associate professor of the surgery chair of the faculty of advanced training and retraining of specialists of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”.
Ostrovskij U.P. Corresponding member of NAS of RB, doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the cardiac surgery laboratory of SE RSPC “Cardiology”, head of the cardiac surgery chair of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”.
Kutsko A.P. Head of the angiography and x-ray and endovascular surgery study of EE “Vitebsk regional clinical hospital”
A.A. LYZIKOV 1, J.W. NEILSON 2, A.A. PECHENKIN 1.
EFFICIENCY OF AUTOVENOUS RECONSTRUCTIONS OF AORTO-ILIAC SEGMENT OCCLUSIVE LESIONS IN PATIENTS WITH HIGH RISK OF PURULENT-NECROTIC COMPLICATIONS
EE “Gomel State medical university1”,
The Republic of Belarus
Baylor University2, Texas,
Objectives. To analyze the efficiency of the aorto-iliac segment reconstructions using the femoral vein in patients with high risk of infectious complications.
Methods. During the period of 2010 to 2011 we performed 10 reconstructions of the femoral vein aorto-iliac segment at Gomel regional vascular surgery department. 4 patients were operated on for the late complications of vascular prosthesis, 1 patient – for the suppuration of the artificial prosthesis and presence of the enteric-prosthetic fistula, 5 patients underwent initial reconstructions for the critical ischemia with purulent-necrotic lesions.
Results. The adequate revascularization was obtained in all patients operated on for late complications. Symptoms of venous insufficiency were not observed in this group. The patient operated on for suppuration of the artificial prosthesis and presence of the enteric-prosthetic fistula died on the 8th day. We achieved the adequate revascularization in patients with critical ischemia with purulent-necrotic changes as well. In this group the postoperative period was accompanied by the marked disturbance of the lymphatic outflow during the nearest postoperative period. There were no signs of venous insufficiency in the distant period.
Conclusions. The adequate revascularization was obtained in all cases. In repeatedly operated patients the intervention didn’t cause the lymphatic outflow disturbances during the whole period of observation. In patients at the stage of the critical ischemia with purulent-necrotic lesions the postoperative wounds healed with the secondary tension with the signs of lymphatic-venous insufficiency in the nearest postoperative period. There were no disturbances of the lymphatic outflow in the distant period in all investigated groups and we may consider the use of the femoral vein to reconstruct the aorto-iliac segment in patients with high risk of purulent-necrotic complications to be effective and safe method of revascularization.
- Clagett GP, Bowers BL, Lopez-Viego MA, Rossi MB, Valentine RJ, Myers SI, Chervu A. Creation of a neo-aortoiliac system from lower extremity deep and superficial veins. Ann Surg. 1993 Sep;218(3):239–48.
- Clagett GP, Valentine RJ, Hagino RT. Autogenous aortoiliac/femoral reconstruction from superficial femoral-popliteal veins: feasibility and durability. J Vasc Surg. 1997 Feb;25(2):255–66.
- Nevelsteen A, Lacroix H, Suy R. Autogenous reconstruction with the lower extremity deep veins: an alternative treatment of prosthetic infection after reconstructive surgery for aortoiliac disease J Vasc Surg. 1995 Aug;22(2):129–34.
- Cardozo MA, Frankini AD, Bonamigo TP. Use of superficial femoral vein in the treatment of infected aortoiliofemoral prosthetic grafts. Cardiovasc Surg. 2002 Aug;10(4):304–10.
- Gordon LL, Hagino RT, Jackson MR, Modrall JG, Valentine RJ, Clagett GP.
- Complex aortofemoral prosthetic infections: the role of autogenous superficial femoropopliteal vein reconstruction. Arch Surg. 1999 Jun;134(6):615–20.
- Troitskii AV, Lysenko ER, Khabazov RI, Azarian AS, Griaznov OG, Solov'eva ED, Koziavkin VV, Kuleshova LG. Autovenoznye rekonstruktsii pri infektsii aortobedrennykh sinteticheskikh protezov [Autovenous reconstruction in infection of aortofemoral synthetic prostheses ]. Kardiologiia i Serdech-Sosud Khirurgiia. 2008;(4):46–51.
- Parsons RE, Sanchez LA, Marin ML, Holbrook KA, Faries PL, Suggs WD, Lyon RT, Lowy FD, Veith FJ. Comparison of endovascular and conventional vascular prostheses in an experimental infection model. J Vasc Surg. 1996 Dec;24(6):920–25.
- Lyzikov AA. Pozdnie oslozhneniia aorto-podvzdoshnykh rekonstruktsii [Late complications of aortoiliac reconstruction]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2010;18(5):63–68.
- Lyzikov AA, Pechenkin AA, Bontsevich DN. Gnoino-septicheskie oslozhneniia primeneniia tkanykh iskusstvennykh sosudistykh protezov pri rekonstruktsiiakh aorto-podvzdoshnogo segmenta u bol'nykh s kriticheskoi ishemiei nizhnikh konechnostei [Septic complications of woven synthetic vascular grafts for reconstruction of aortoiliac segment in patients with critical ischemia of the lower extremities]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2007;15(3):97–101.
- Lyzikov AA, Osipov VA. Mikrobnyi spektr pri gnoino-troficheskikh narusheniiakh u patsientov s patologiei sosudov [Microbial spectrum under purulent trophic disorders in patients with vascular pathology]. Vestn VGMU. 2011;10(2):76–82.
- Lyzikov AA, Voropaev EV, Osipov VA, Pechenkin AA. Modelirovanie uslovii vysokogo riska infektsionnykh oslozhnenii v eksperimente [Simulation of conditions with high risk of infectious complications in the experiment]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2011;19(3):16–20
230006, Respublika Belarus, g. Gomel, ul. Lange, d. 5 UO «Gomelskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney ¹3 s kursom serdechno-sosudistoy khirurgii,
Lyizikov Aleksey Anatolevich
Lyzikov A.A. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the surgical diseases chair ¹3 with the course of the cardiovascular surgery of EE “Gomel State Medical University”
Neilson J.W. Professor of Baylor University, Texas, USA
Pechenkin A.A. Assistant of the surgical diseases chair ¹3 with the course of the cardiovascular surgery of EE “Gomel State Medical University”.
A.V. FEDOSEEV, S.Y. MURAVYEV, I.I. USPENSKIY
OPTIMIZATION OF HERNIOPLASTY CHOICE METHOD IN PATIENTS WITH INGUINAL HERNIA IN VIEW OF THE SPERMATIC CORD BLOOD FLOW
SBEE HPE “Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov”
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To improve treatment outcomes in patients with inguinal hernias by optimizing the choice of inguinal hernioplasty methods depending on the of blood flow in the spermatic cord.
Methods. The research was conducted in two groups of patients. The control group included 28 subjects who don’t have inguinal hernias. The main group numbered 62 patients with the inguinal hernias. Depending on the method of hernioplasty patients were divided into three groups. In the first group an open preperitoneal hernioplasty was performed, in the second – Lichtenstein hernioplasty? in the third – laparoscopic hernioplasty (TAPP). A color duplex scanning of the arteries and veins of the spermatic cord was performed using the ultrasonic scanner Toshiba Nemio 580 before the surgery and 30 days afterwards.
Results. Preoperative velocity parameters of the blood flow along the spermatic cord vessels in the main group were identical with the data of the control group. During the postoperative period 30 days ofterword, in the patients who underwent an open preperitoneal hernioplasty, better blood flow in the spermatic cord was registered and, consequently, a smaller residual deficit of blood flow – 8,06%. Slightly larger deficit, 9,69%, after surgery was recorded in the 3rd subgroup of patients who had undergone TAPP. After surgical treatment, resistance index decreased to the level of the control group in the patients of the 1st and 2nd subgroups. Subgroup II patients who had undergone Liechtenstein hernioplasty, had the highest residual blood flow deficit – 15,40%, and resistance index – 0,85.
Conclusions. Preperitoneal prosthesis using an open technique as well as TAPP method is optimal for the patients with hernias as after their use a registered residual blood deficit is lower if compared with Liechtenstein hernioplasty.
Preperitoneal positioning of the implant is preferable for patients of the reproductive age to save their fertility.
- Kirillov IuB, Aristarkhov VG, Zotov IV, i dr. Vliianie pakhovoi gryzhi na morfofunktsional'noe sostoianie iaichka [Influence of inguinal hernia on testicular morphology and function]. Riazan', RF: Rus slovo; 2006. 95 p
- Protasov AV, Rutenburg GM. Vliianie razlichnykh vidov pakhovoi gernioplastiki na reproduktivnuiu funktsiiu muzhchiny [Effect of different types of inguinal hernial plasty to the male reproductive function]. Endoskop Khirurgiia. 1997;(4):124–26.
- Siziakin DV. Sostoianie spermatogeneza u muzhchin pri pakhovykh gryzhakh [Status of spermatogenesis in men with inguinal hernias]. Khirurgiia.2007(8):66–68.
- Toskin KD, Zhebrovskii VV. Gryzhi briushnoi stenki [Hernia of the abdominal wall]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1990. 272 p.
- Astrakhantsev AF, Zotov IV. Vliianie pakhovoi gryzhi na funktsional'noe sostoianie iaichka [Effect of an inguinal hernia on the testicular function]. Aktual'nye Vopr Klin Morfologii: sb nauch tr Riazan med un-ta. Ryazan, RF: RiazGMU; 2001;(Vyp 2):28–30.
- Emel'ianov SI, Protasov AV, Rutenberg GM. Endokhirurgiia pakhovykh i bedrennykh gryzh [Endosurgery inguinal and femoral hernias]. Saint-Petersburg: Mir meditsiny; 2001. 175 p.
- Zotov IV. Morfologiia iaichka pri kosykh i priamykh pakhovykh gryzhakh [Testicular morphology in oblique and direct inguinal hernias]. Voen-Med Zhurn. 2002;(4):79.
- Aydede H, Erhan Y, Sakarya A, Kara E, Ilkgul O, Can M. Effect of mesh and its localization on testicular flow and spermatogenesis in patients with groin hernia. Acta Chir Belg. 2003;103(6):607–10.
- Bailey M. Inguinal hernia – laparoscopic or open repair? The case of laparoscopic repair. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2005 2005 Jan;87(1):57–8.
- Fitzgibbons RJ Jr. Can we be sure polypropylene mesh causes infertility? Ann Surg. 2005 Apr;241(4):559–61.
390013, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Ryazan, ul. Dzerzhinskogo, d. 11, MUZ GKB BSMP, kafedra obschey khirurgii,
Muravyev Sergey Yurevich
Fedoseev A.V., Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.I. Pavlov”
Muravyev S.Y. Candidate of medical sciences, assistant of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.I. Pavlov”
Uspenskiy I.I.. Assistant of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Ryazan State Medical University named after Academician I.I. Pavlov”
A.E. SHCHERBA, L.V. KIRKOVSKY, A.M. DZYADZKO, E.L. AVDEY, A.F. MINOU, L.S. BOLONKIN, O.O. RUMO
LIVER RESECTION UNDER HYPOTHERMIC PERFUSION
ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hosptal”,
Republican Scientific Research Center of Transplantation of Organs and Tissues,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To demonstrate the experience of the liver resection applying methods of hypothermic perfusion in conditions of the total vascular exclusion at tumors and parasitic lesions localization in the hepatocaval confluence and/or inferior vena cava regions.
Methods. The treatment results of 155 patients who had undergone the liver resections (LR) were analyzed. Vascular occlusion techniques (Pringle maneuver, selective vascular isolation, total vascular exclusion (TVE)) were applied in 80 patients (51,6%). Pringle maneuver was used in 68 patients (43,8%), selective vascular isolation in 42 (27%), total vascular isolation (TVI) – in 4 (6%) and TVE with hypothermic perfusion in 5 (3,3%).
Results. The average time of LR was longer at TVI with hypothermic perfusion, 712±155 min, then at standard major LR, 280±154 min (Mann-Whitney, p=0,00001). The average blood loss at LR with TVI and hypothermic perfusion (n=9) was 2880±1948 ml and 588±478 ml at standard major LR (n=47; Mann-Whitney, p=0,00003). Hepatic failure developed in 1 of 5 LR at hypothermic perfusion (20%) and in 7 of 47 standard major LR (14,9%). Biliary complications developed in 3 of 9 (33,3%) LR with TVI and hypothermic perfusions and in 9 of 47 (19,1%) at standard major LR, but the difference was not statistically significant. There were no mortality cases after LR with TVI and LR with hypothermic perfusions. Mortality after standard major LR made up 6,3% (3 of 47; Fisher test, p=0,9).
Conclusions. Liver resection at the hypothermic conservation promotes the overcoming limitations of the thermal ischemia and brings an additional time for resection and reconstruction as well as expands the possibilities of the resection surgery and permits to avoid the liver transplantation at benign hardly accessible liver tumors.
- Richardson AJ, Laurence JM, Lam VWT. Portal triad clamping versus other methods of vascular control in liver resection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. HPB. 2012 1 June;14(6):355–64.
- Capussotti L, Polastri R. Operative risks of major hepatic resections. Hepatogastroenterology. 1998 Jan-Feb;45(19):184–90.
- Jarnagin WR, Gonen M, Fong Y, DeMatteo RP, Ben-Porat L, Little S, Corvera C, Weber S, Blumgart LH. Improvement in perioperative outcome after hepatic resection: analysis of 1,803 consecutive casesover the pastdecade. Ann Surg. 2002 Oct;236(4):397–406.
- Kooby DA, Stockman J, Ben-Porat L, Gonen M, Jarnagin WR, Dematteo RP, Tuorto S, Wuest D, Blumgart LH, Fong Y. Influence of transfusions on perioperative and long-term outcome in patients following hepatic resection for colorectal metastases. Ann Surg. 2003 Jun;237(6):860–69.
- Hoti E, Salloum C, Azoulay D. Hepatic resection with in situ hypothermic perfusion is superior to other resection techniques. Dig Surg. 2011;28(2):94–9.
- Heaney JP, Stanton WK, Halbert DS, Seidel J, Vice T. An improved technic for vascular isolation of the liver: experimental study and case reports. Ann Surg. 1966 Feb;163(2):237–41.
- Emre S, Schwartz ME, Katz E, Miller CM. Liver resection under total vascular isolation. Variations on a theme. Ann Surg. 1993 Jan;217(1):15–9.
- Huguet C, Nordlinger B, Galopin JJ, Bloch P, Gallot D. Normothermic hepatic vascular exclusion for extensive hepatectomy. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1978 Nov;147(5):689–93.
- Bismuth H, Castaing D, Garden OJ. Major hepatic resection under total vascular exclusion. Ann Surg. 1989 Jul;210(1):13–9.
- Huguet C, Gavelli A, Chieco PA, Bona S, Harb J, Joseph JM, Jobard J, Gramaglia M, Lasserre M. Liver ischemia for hepatic resection: where is the limit? Surgery. 1992 Mar;111(3):251–59.
- Mazziotti A, Cavallari A, eds. Techniques in Liver Surgery. London, UK: Grenwich Medical Media; 1997. p. 337–48.
- Fortner JG, Shiu MH, Kinne DW, Kim DK, Castro EB, Watson RC, Howland WS, Beattie EJ Jr. Major hepatic resection using vascular isolation and hypothermic perfusion. Ann Surg. 1974 Oct;180(4):644–52.
- Belzer FO, Southard JH. Principles of solid-organpreservation by cold storage. Transplantation. 1988 Apr;45(4):673–76.
- Erhard J, Lange R, Scherer R, Kox WJ, Bretschneider HJ, Gebhard MM, Eigler FW. Comparison of histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK) solutionversusUniversity of Wisconsin (UW) solution for organ preservation in humanliver transplantation. A prospective, randomizedstudy. Transpl Int. 1994 May;7(3):177–81.
- 15.Gubernatis G, Pichlmayr R, Lamesch P, Grosse H, Bornscheuer A, Meyer HJ, Ringe B, Farle M, Bretschneider HJ. HTK-solution (Bretschneider) for humanliver transplantation. First clinical experiences.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed. Langenbecks Arch Chir. 1990;375(2):66–70.
- Lamesch P, Raygrotzki S, Kehrer G, Gubernatis G, Ringe B, Evers B, Yacoub EA, Pichlmayr R. In situ Protektion der Lebermit der HTK Lîsung nachBretschneider. Langenbecks Arch Chir. 1991;376(2):85–92.
- Pichlmayr R, Grosse H, Hauss Technique and preliminary results of extracorporeal liver surgery (bench procedure) and of surgery on the in situ perfused liver.J, Gubernatis G, Lamesch P, Bretschneider HJ. Br J Surg. 1990 Jan;77(1):21–6.
- 18. Mazziotti A, Cavallari A, ed, Broelsch C, Belghiti J, Gonzalez EM, Hannoun L, Makuuchi M, Tzakis AG. Techniques in Liver Surgery. Greenwich Medical Media; 1997. 392 p.
- Hannoun L, Balladur P, Delva E, Panis Y, Camus Y, Honiger J, Levy E, Parc R. "Ex situ-in vivo" surgery of the liver: a new technique in liver surgery. Principles and preliminary results. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 1991;15(10):758–61.
- Mehrabi A, Fonouni H, Golriz M, Hofer S, Hafezi M, Rahbari NN, Weitz J, Buchler MW, Schmidt J. Hypothermic ante situm resection in tumors of the hepatocaval confluence. Dig Surg. 2011;28(2):100–8.
- Hemming AW, Reed AI, Langham MR Jr, Fujita S, Howard RJ. Combined resection of the liver and inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancy. Ann Surg. 2004 May;239(5):712–19.
- Pichlmayr R, Grosse H, Hauss J, Gubernatis G, Lamesch P, Bretschneider HJ. Technique and preliminaryresults of extracorporealliversurgery (benchprocedure) and of surgery on the in situ perfusedliver. Br J Surg. 1990 Jan;77(1):21–6.
- Oldhafer KJ, Lang H, Schlitt HJ, Hauss J, Raab R, Klempnauer J, Pichlmayr R. Long-termexperienceafterexsituliversurgery. Surgery. 2000 May;127(5):520–27.
- Hoti E, Salloum C, Azoulay D. Hepatic resection with in situ hypothermic perfusion is superior to other resection techniques. Dig Surg. 2011;28(2):94–9.
220116, Respublika Belarus, g. Minsk, ul. Semashko, d. 8, UZ «9-ya Gorodskaya klinicheskaya bolnitsa g. Minska», RNPTs Transplantatsii organov i tkaney, otdel transplantologii,
Scherba Aleksey Evgenevich
Shcherba A.E. Candidate of medical sciences, head of the transplantation department of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”
Kirkovsky L.V. Candidate of medical sciences, surgeon of the portal hypertension chair of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”, RSRC of Transplantation of organs and tissues
Dzyadzko A.M. Candidate of medical sciences, head of the anesthesiology and resuscitation department of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”
Avdey E.L., Candidate of medical sciences, head of the portal hypertension chair of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”, RSRC of Transplantation of organs and tissues
Minou A.F., head of the anesthesiology department of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”, RSRC of Transplantation of organs and tissues
Bolonkin L.S., anesthesiologist of the anesthesiology department of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”, RSRC of Transplantation of organs and tissue.
Rumo O.O. Doctor of medical sciences, deputy head physician on surgery of ME “The 9th Minsk City Clinical Hospital”, head of RSRC of Transplantation of organs and tissues.
K.M. KUBRAKOV 1, I.A. KOVALEVA 1, A.V. PAVLENKO 2, E.A.KONOPELKO 2
ETIOLOGICAL STRUCTURE AND RESISTANCE OF THE MAJOR INFECTIOUS AGENT OF THE WOUND INFECTION IN PATIENTS WITH BURN DISEASE
EE “VITEBSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY” 1,
ME “VITEBSK REGIONAL CLINICAL HOSPITAL” 2,
THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
Objectives. To study the etiological structure of the wound infection in patients with burn disease, to carry out analysis of sensitivity of the isolated microflora to antibacterial drugs.
Methods. We analyzed the results of 868 bacterial platings of the wound discharge from the burn surface of the patients who were treated at the burn department of ME “Vitebsk regional clinical hospital” in 2010. The species composition of microflora isolated in patients with burn disease was studied; the leading pathogens of suppurative-inflammatory processes were determined. Resistance to antibiotics of 718 strains included into the group of the main pathogens was established. The identification and evaluation of sensitivity of microorganisms to antimicrobial drugs was carried out with the help of test-systems on the microbiological analyzer ATB Expression.
Results. Gram-positive microorganisms identified in 63,19% of the bacteriological research dominate in the structure of the wound infection in patients with burn disease. Gram-negative microorganisms are isolated in the composition of associations in 72,34% of cases. The main agent causing suppurative-inflammatory processes in the case of burns is the S. aureus (57,57% of cases). The dominant representative among gram-negative microflora is P. aeruginosa. (19,71%). A high level of resistance of S. aureus to the antibacterial drugs has been established in relation to oxacillin, gentamycin, ciprofloxacin; and of P. aeroginosa – to ciprofloxacin, gentamycin, ofloxacin.
Conclusions. A leading role of gram-positive microorganisms in the etiology of the wound infection in patients with burn disease has been certified. Clinically most significant strains have been proved to possess a high degree of resistance in relation to the frequently applied antibiotics used at the burn department. Isolated microorganisms are resistant to oxacillinum, gentamycinum, ciprofloxacinum and this should be taken into consideration when the empirical antimicrobial therapy is administered.
- Tolstov AV. Diagnostika, klassifikatsiia, profilaktika i lechenie generalizovannoi infektsii u tiazhelo obozhzhennykh [Diagnosis, classification, prevention and treatment of generalized infection in severely burned patients ]. Aspirant Vestn Povolzh'ia. 2008;(3-4):124–27.
- Vorob'eva ON, Denisenko LI, Doshchitsina AS, Chelpanova LI, Dulepo SA. Dinamika antibiotikorezistentnosti vozbuditelei gnoino-septicheskikh protsessov u ozhogovykh bol'nykh [Dynamics of antimicrobial resistance of septic processes in burn patients ]. Biul Vostoch-Sibir Nauch Tsentra SO RAMN. 2005;(1):19–24.
- Alekseev AA, Krutikov MG, Iakovlev VP. Ozhogovaia infektsiia. Etiologiia, patogenez, diagnostika, profilaktika i lechenie [Burn infection. The etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention and treatment]. Moscow, RF: Vuz kn; 2010. 416 p.
- Wibbenmeyer L, Danks R, Faucher L, Amelon M, Latenser B, Kealey GP, Herwaldt LA. Prospective analysis of nosocomial infection rates, antibiotic use, and patterns of resistance in a burn. J Burn Care Res. 2006 Mar-Apr;27(2):152–60.
- Krutikov MG, Bobrovnikov AE. Antibiotikoprofilaktika posleoperatsionnykh infektsionnykh oslozhnenii u bol'nykh s termicheskimi porazheniiami [Antibiotic prophylaxis of postoperative infectious complications in patients with thermal injury ]. Antibiotiki i Khimioterapiia. 2002;47(1):21–25.
- Pruitt BA Jr, McManus AT, Kim SH, Goodwin CW. Burn Wound Infections: Current Status. World J Surg. 1998 Feb;22(2):135–45.
- Sharma BR. Infection in patients with severe burns: causes and prevention thereof. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2007 Sep;21(3):745-59, ix.
- D'Avignon LC, Saffle JR, Chung KK, Cancio LC. Prevention and management of infections associated with burns in the combat casualty. J Trauma. 2008 Mar;64(3 Suppl):S277–86.
- Spiridonova TG. Patogeneticheskie aspekty lecheniia ozhogovykh ran [Pathogenetic aspects of the treatment of burn wounds]. Rus Med zhurn. 2002;10(8-9):395–99.
- Krutikov MG. Kontrol' infektsii v ozhogovom statsionare [Infection control in the burn hospital]. Kombustiologiia. 2003;(14). Available from: http://www.burn.ru/all/number/show/?id=3531.
- Greenhalgh DG, Saffle JR, Holmes JH 4th, Gamelli RL, Palmieri TL, Horton JW, Tompkins RG, Traber DL, Mozingo DW, Deitch EA, Goodwin CW, Herndon DN, Gallagher JJ, Sanford AP, Jeng JC, Ahrenholz DH, Neely AN, O'Mara MS, Wolf SE, Purdue GF, Garner WL, Yowler CJ, Latenser BA. American Burn Association consensus conference to define sepsis and infection in burns. J Burn Care Res. 2007 Nov-Dec;28(6):776–90.
- Ugburo AO, Atoyebi OA, Oyeneyin JO, Sowemimo GO. An evaluation of the role of systemic antibiotic prophylaxis in the control of burn wound infection at the Lagos university teaching hospital. Burns. 2004 Feb;30(1):43–8.
- Simor AE, Lee M, Vearncombe M, Jones-Paul L, Barry C, Gomez M, Fish JS, Cartotto RC, Palmer R, Louie M. An outbreak due to multiresistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a burn unit: risk factors for acquisition and management. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002 May;23(5):261–7.
- Church D, Elsayed S, Reid O, Winston B, Lindsay R. Burn wound infections. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006 Apr;19(2):403–34.
- Beloborodova NV, Bogdanov MB, Chernen'kaia TV. Algoritmy antibiotikoterapii [Algorithms of antibiotic therapy]: ruk dlia vrachei. Moscow, RF; 1999. 144 p.
210023, Respublika Belarus, g. Vitebsk, pr. Frunze, d. 27, UO «Vitebskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», kafedra nevrologii i neyrokhirurgii,
Kubrakov Konstantin Mihaylovich
Kubrakov K.M. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the neurology and neurosurgery chair of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”
Kovaleva I.A. A 5-year student of the medical faculty of EE “Vitebsk State Medical University”
Pavlenko A.V. Head of the burn unit of ME “Vitebsk regional clinical hospital”
Konopelko E.A. Physician-bacteriologist of ME “Vitebsk regional clinical hospital”, Republican Scientific and Practical Center “Infection in surgery”.
S.V. SHAKHRAI, YU.M. GAIN, M.YU. GAIN
EXPERIMENTAL JUSTIFICATION AND FIRST CLINICAL EXPERIENCE OF TRANSPLANTATION OF CULTURE OF AUTOLOGICAL ADIPOSE TISSUE MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS IN COMPLEX SURGICAL TREATMENT OF EXTRA- AND TRANS-SPHINCTER RECTUM FISTULAS
SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”, Minsk, The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To develop the technology of minimally invasive treatment of trans- and extra-sphincter rectum fistulas with the use of semi-conductor laser radiation and transplantation of autological adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells.
Methods. The way of chronic paraproctitis modeling has been developed in experiment. Morphological changes of pararectal tissue at complex use of the laser radiation with the length of a wave 1056 nanometers and autological adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells to treat rectum fistulas have been studied. The worked out minimally invasive method of surgical treatment of high rectum fistulas has been applied in 10 patients.
Results. The designed technology includes the pretransplantation stage (biological material intake, extraction, cultivating, proliferation, differentiation of the autological adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells in the fibroblast direction with the culture selection of stem cells up to 500 thousands units in 1 ml), and the surgical stage with decontamination of the fistulous channel by the laser radiation with wave length 1560 nm, with suturing the internal opening of rectum fistula and transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells culture from adipose tissue in the fistula channel and parafistula space.
In experiment the results have been obtained testifying to high efficacy of the suggested technology with quick fibrous replacement of the fistula lumen and reduction of the inflammatory process in this zone and in parafistula tissues caused by autological mesenchymal stem cells differentiation in the cellular elements of the connective-fibrous layer, their production of biologically active factors that induce regeneration and promote the accelerated organization of the extracellular matrix.
It has been established that technology application in patients with high rectum fistulas of autotransplantation of adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells differentiated in the fibroblast direction is an effective complex method of their treatment
Conclusions. The first experience of clinical application of the developed technology allows saying that its practical use promotes efficacy increase of surgical treatment as well as expansion of the application sphere of cellular technologies in practical public health services.
- Bleier JIS, Moloo H. Current management of cryptoglandular fistula-in-ano. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17(28):3286–91.
- Dudukgian H, Abcarian H. Why do we have so much trouble treating anal fistula? World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17(28):3292–96.
- Vorob'ev GI, red. Osnovy koloproktologii [Fundamentals of Coloproctology]. Moscow, RF; 2006. p. 135–52.
- Atkin GK, Martins J, Tozer P, Ranchod P, Phillips RK. For many high anal fistulas, lay open is still a good option. Tech Coloproctol. 2011 Jun;15(2):143–50.
- El-Tawil A. Management of fistula-in-ano: an introduction. World J Gastroenterol. 2011 Jul 28;17(28):3271.
- Malik AI, Nelson RL Surgical management of anal fistulae: a systematic review. Colorectal Dis. 2008 Jun;10(5):420–30.
- Lindsey I, Smilgin-Humphreys MM, Cunningham C, Mortensen NJ, George BD. A randomized, controlled trial of fibrin glue vs. conventional treatment for anal fistula. Dis Colon Rectum. 2002 Dec;45(12):1608–15.
- Jacob TJ, Perakath B, Keighley MR. Surgical intervention for anorectal fistula. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 May 12;(5):CD006319.
- Abbas MA, Jackson CH, Haigh PI. Predictors of outcome for anal fistula surgery. Arch Surg. 2011;146(9):1011–16.
- Buchanan GN, Bartram CI, Phillips RK, Gould SW, Halligan S, Rockall TA, Sibbons P, Cohen RG. Efficacy of fibrin sealant in the management of complex anal fistula: a prospective trial. Dis Colon Rectum. 2003 Sep;46(9):1167–74.
- Christoforidis D, Etzioni DA, Goldberg SM, Madoff RD, Mellgren A. Treatment of complex anal fistulas with the collagen fistula plug. Dis Colon Rectum. 2008 Oct;51(10):1482–7.
- Chung W, Kazemi P, Ko D, Sun C, Brown CJ, Raval M, Phang T. Anal fistula plug and fibrin glue versus conventional treatment in repair of complex anal fistulas. Am J Surg. 2009 May;197(5):604–8.
- de la Portilla F, Rada R, Jimenez-Rodriguez R, Diaz-Pavon JM, Sanchez-Gil JM. Evaluation of a new synthetic plug in the treatment of anal fistulas: results of a pilot study. Dis Colon Rectum. 2011 Nov;54(11):1419–22.
- Christoforidis D, Pieh MC, Madoff RD, Mellgren AF. Treatment of transsphincteric anal fistulas by endorectal advancement flap or collagen fistula plug: a comparative study. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009 Jan;52(1):18–22.
- Johnson EK, Gaw JU, Armstrong DN. Efficacy of anal fistula plug vs. fibrin glue in closure of anorectal fistulas. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006 Mar;49(3):371–76.
- Ky AJ, Sylla P, Steinhagen R, Steinhagen E, Khaitov S, Ly EK. Collagen fistula plug for the treatment of anal fistulas. Dis Colon Rectum. 2008 Jun;51(6):838–43.
- Lenisa L, Espin-Basany E, Rusconi A, Mascheroni L, Escoll-Rufino J, Lozoya-Trujillo R, Vallribera-Valls F, Megevand J. Anal fistula plug is a valid alternative option for the treatment of complex anal fistula in the long term. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2010 Dec;25(12):1487–93.
- Safar B, Jobanputra S, Sands D, Weiss EG, Nogueras JJ, Wexner SD. Anal fistula plug: initial experience and outcomes. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009 Feb;52(2):248–52.
220013, Respublika Belarus, G. Minsk, ul. P. Brovki, d. 3, korp. 3, GUO «Belorusskaya meditsinskaya akademiya poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya», kafedra neotlozhnoy khirurgii s kursom ambulatornoy khirurgii,
Shahray Sergey Vladimirovich
Shakhrai S.V. Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the emergency surgery chair of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”.
Gain U.M. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, Vice-rector on scientific research work, professor of the emergency surgery chair of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”.
Gain M.Y. Post-graduate student of the emergency surgery chair of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of post-graduate education”.
TRAUMATOLOGY AND ORTHOPEDICS
ÑORRECTION OF THE COXOFEMORAL JOINT DEFORMITY AFTER AVASCULAR NECROSIS OF THE HIP PROXIMAL SECTION IN CHILDREN
SE “Republican Scientific-Practical Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics”, Minsk
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To establish regularities of the coxofemoral joint deformities development after the avascular necrosis of the hip bone head in children and to determine optimal ways of surgical correction for each type of deformity.
Methods. We studied X-ray patterns of 800 children with the congenital hip disjunction and subluxation in 1057 joints, which were made 12-16 years after the conservative treatment. Avascular necrosis was revealed in 148 cases (12,25%) in 106 patients.
Results. A number of regularities of the coxofemoral joint deformities development after the avascular necrosis (AN) have been established. The approaches based on the obtained data have been stated concerning the operative correction of deformity of the hip proximal section. Varus-detorsion osteotomy is an optimal intervention after the 1st and 2nd type of AN, and at the cavity dysplasia – the triple pelvis osteotomy. The posterior rotary osteotomy of the hip bone is the operation of choice at the three-plane hip proximal section deformity. One-stage correction of the pelvis and hip deviations is an optimal one after the 3rd and 4th types of AN. Triple pelvis osteotomy permits to normalize the position of the acetabulum and one of the hip bone osteotomy types – the position of the hip proximal section; in case of the three-plane deformity the operation should include the element of roration and in case of high stationary point of the greater trochanter – to normalize its position, and after the 4th type of AN – to correct varus deformity.
Conclusions. The presence of the AN particular type of the hip proximal section leads to a gradual development of similar coxofemoral joint deformities attributable only to this group. In childhood it is necessary to perform operations taking into account not only the present deviations but also those abnormalities which will unavoidably appear as the result of the continuing functioning of the damaged growth zones of the hip proximal section. Each type of deformity requires the correction of deviations typical for it including multiplane ones.
- Clarke NM, Jowett AJ, Parker L. The surgical treatment of established congenital dislocation of the hip: results of surgery after planned delayed intervention following the appearance of the capital femoral ossific nucleus. J Pediatr Orthop. 2005 Jul-Aug;25(4):434–39.
- Kim HW, Morcuende JA, Dolan LA, Weinstein SL. Acetabular development in developmental dysplasia of the hip complicated by lateral growth disturbance of the capital femoral epiphysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000 Dec;82-A(12):1692–700.
- Oh CW, Guille JT, Kumar SJ, Lipton GE, MacEwen GD. Operative treatment for type II avascular necrosis in developmental dysplasia of the hip. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005 May;(434):86–91.
- Pozdnikin IuA. Atsetabuloplastika-osteotomiia taza kak metod rekonstruktsii displasticheskoi vertluzhnoi vpadiny [Pelvic acetabuloplasty - osteotomy as a method of reconstruction of dysplastic acetabular cavity]. Ortopediia, Travmatol i Protezirovanie. 1983;(3):35–36.
- Kalamchi A, MacEwen GD. Avascular necrosis following treatment of congenital dislocation of the hip. Bone Joint Surg Am. 1980 Sep;62(6):876–88.
- Heymann CH, Herndon CH. Legg-Perthes disease; a method for the measurement of the roentgenographic. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1950 Oct;32(A:4):767–78.
- Tachdjian MO. Pediatric Orthopedics. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1990. 2405 p.
- Millis MB, Murphy SB, Poss R. Osteotomies about the hip for the prevention and treatment of osteoarthrosis. Instr Course Lect. 1996;45:209–26.
- Akhtiamov IF, Sokolovskii OA. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie displazii tazobedrennogo sustava [Surgical treatment of hip dysplasia]. Kazan', RF; 2008: Tsentr operativ pechati. 371 p.
- Maquet P. Biomechanics of hip dysplasia. Acta Orthop Belg. 1999 Sep; 65(3):302–14.
210023, Respublika Belarus, g. Minsk, ul. Kizhevatova 60/4, GU «Respublikanskiy nauchno-prakticheskiy tsentr travmatologii i ortopedii», laboratoriya travmatologii i ortopedii detskogo i podrostkovogo vozrasta,
Sokolovskiy Oleg Anatolevich
Sokolovsky O.A. Doctor of medical sciences, head of the laboratory of the childhood and adolescence traumatology and orthopedics of SE “Republican Scientific-Practical Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics”.
RATES OF REHABILITATION OF THE DISABLED AND AGGRAVATION OF DISABILITY AT VERTEBRAL AND SPINAL CORD TRAUMA IN THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
SE “Republican Scientific And Practical Center for Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation”,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To study the rates of complete and partial rehabilitation and aggravation of disability among adults caused by the spinal column and spinal cord traumas in Belarus during the period from 2002 to 20012.
Methods. Monitoring of disability at the spinal column and spinal cord traumas was carried out using the automatic monitoring system “Disability”. The rates of the partial rehabilitation of disability, the complete rehabilitation of the disabled as well as the rates of the disability aggravation were investigated.
Results. The conducted monitoring has shown that on the average 260 adults are initially registered as disabled due to vertebral and spinal cord traumas annually, it makes up 0,30 per 10,000 of the population of the Republic of Belarus. The rate value of complete and partial rehabilitation and aggravation of disability at the spinal column and spinal cord traumas are in the linear correlation depending on the presence or absence of the spinal cord trauma and have regional peculiarities. In patients with vertebral column fractures without the spinal cord damage the average rate of partial rehabilitation made 42,2%, the average rate of complete rehabilitation made up 23%, and the rate of aggravation of disability made up 5,1%; at the spinal column fractures with the spine and spinal cord trauma the rate of partial rehabilitation was 16,3%, of complete rehabilitation it was 8%, however, the rate of aggravation of disability was as low as 3,9%.
Conclusions. The rate value of complete and partial rehabilitation at the spinal column and spinal cord traumas are in the linear correlation depending on the presence or absence of the spinal cord trauma: in patients with the spine and spinal cord trauma, the rates of complete rehabilitation of the disabled and the partial rehabilitation are 2,5 times lower than at traumas of the spine. Absence of significant positive dynamics of restoring of the restricted vital activity (per 1 FC and more) was registered in 71,8% of the newly certificated disabled with the spine and spinal cord trauma.
- Ivanova GE, Krylova VV, Tsykunova MB, Poliaeva BA, red. Reabilitatsiia bol'nykh s travmaticheskoi bolezn'iu spinnogo mozga [Rehabilitation of patients with traumatic spinal cord disease]. Moscow, RF: Moskov uchebniki i Kartolitografiia; 2010. 640 p.
- Anderson KD. Targeting recovery: priorities of the spinal cord-injured population. J Neurotrauma. 2004 Oct;21(10):1371–83.
- Mezhdunarodnaia statisticheskaia klassifikatsiia boleznei i problem, sviazannykh so zdorov'em [International statistical classification of diseases and problems related with health] (Desiatyi peresmotr (MKB-10): kratkii variant. Minsk: Asar; 2001. 400 p
223027, Respublika Belarus, Minskaya obl., Minskiy r-n, p. Gorodische, GU «Respublikanskiy nauchno-prakticheskiy tsentr meditsinskoy ekspertizyi i reabilitatsii», laboratoriya meditsinskoy ekspertizyi i reabilitatsii pri ortopedo-travmatologicheskoy patologii,
Osipov Yuriy Vitalevich
Osipau YU.V. Head of the laboratory of medical expertise and rehabilitation at orthopedic and trauma pathology, SE “Republican Scientific and Practical center for Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation”.
COMPARATIVE ESTIMATION OF EFFICACY OF FEMORAL NERVE REGIONAL BLOCKAGE AND “THREE IN ONE” BLOCKAGE
ME “Mogilev Regional Hospital”
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To estimate application efficacy, safety and possibility of the femoral nerve blockage and blockage of the branches of the lumbar plexus by the inguinal access (“three in one” blockage).
Methods. Prospective randomized study of the blockage results at the lower limbs operations has been conducted. Depending on the blockage technique two groups of patients were singled out. 40 femoral nerve blockages were done in the 1st group. 40 blockages of the branches of the lumbar plexus by the inguinal access combined with the sciatic nerve blockage with electrostimulator of the peripheral nerves were carried out in the 2nd group.
Results. The amount of lidocaine used for one blockage comprised 4,5±0,3 mg/kg (37,5±5,5 ml of 1% lidocaine solution) in the 1st group; in the 2nd group – 4,5±0,4 mg/kg (38,0±4,85 ml of 1% lidocaine solution) (ð>0,05). In the 1st group skin sensitivity in the femoral nerve projection was absent in 29 cases out of 40 and was preserved in the form of touch sensation with the blunt object at the level of the thigh middle third and higher in 11 cases. Skin sensitivity in the projection of the obturator and lateral skin nerves was preserved in the form of touch sensation with the blunt object in 14 cases.
In the 2nd group skin sensitivity in the femoral nerve projection was absent in 38 out of 40 cases, in the projection of the obturator nerve – in 34 cases and in the in the projection of the lateral nerve – in 27 cases. Skin sensitivity was preserved in 2 cases out of 40, in the projection of the obturator nerve – in 4 cases and in the projection of the lateral nerve – in 11 cases. The blockage of the lumbar plexus by the inguinal access (“three in one”) was ineffective in 2 out of 40 cases according the skin sensitivity estimation.
Conclusions. Application of a simple technical procedure at “three in one” blockage increases anesthesia efficacy and expands the boundaries of the possible operation.
- Rafmell DP, Nil DM, Viskoumi KM. Regionarnaia anesteziia: Samoe neobkhodimoe v anesteziologii [Regional anesthesia: essentials of anesthesiology]: per s angl. V: Zil'ber AP, Mal'tsev VV, red. Moscow, RF: MEDpress-inform; 2007. 272 p.
- Marochkov AV, Bordilovskii AN, Evseenko AI. Effektivnost' i bezopasnost' regionarnoi anestezii perifericheskikh nervov i spletenii [The efficacy and safety of regional anesthesia and peripheral nerve plexus]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2007;15(4):96–102.
- Malroi M, Emel'ianov SI, per s angl. Mestnaia anesteziia: il prakt ruk [Local anesthesia: Illustr practical guide]. Mossow, RF: BINOM. Laboratoriia znanii; 2003. 301 p.
- Kuzin MI, Kharnas SSh. Mestnoe obezbolivanie [Local anesthesia]: monografiia. 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1993. 224 p.
- Chelly JE. Peripheral Nerve Blocks: A Color Atlas. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, US: Lippincott Williams&Wilkins; 2008. 496 p.
- Van Geffen GJ. The value of ultrasonography for performing peripheral nerve blocks: Theory, practice and clinical experience in adults and children. Rotterdam, NL: Optima GrafischeCommunicatie; 2008. 234 p.
- Diuk Dzh. Sekrety anestezii [Secrets of anesthesia]: per. s angl. Moscow, RF: MEDpress-inform, 2005. 511 p.
- Capdevila X, Biboulet Ph, Bouregda M, Barthelet Y, Rubenovitch J, d’Athis F. Comparison of the three-in-One and fascia iliacacompartment blocks in adults: clinical andradiographic analysis. Anesth Analg. 1998 May;86(5):1039–44.
- Winnie AP, Ramamurthy S, Durrani Z. The inguinal paravascular technic of lumbar plexus anesthesia: the "3-in-1 block". Anesth Analg. 1973 Nov-Dec;52(6):989–96.
- Macalou D, Trueck S, Meuret P, Heck M, Vial F, Ouologuem S, Capdevila X, Virion JM, Bouaziz H. Postoperative analgesia after total knee replacement: the effect of an obturator nerve block added to the femoral 3-in-1 nerve block. Anesth Analg. 2004 Jul;99(1):251–54.
212026, Respublika Belarus, g. Mogilev, ul. B.-Biruli, d. 12, UZ «Mogilevskaya oblastnaya bolnitsa», reanimatsionno-anesteziologicheskoe otdelenie,
Marochkov Aleksey Viktorovich
Marochkov A.V. Doctor of medical sciences, head of the anesthesiology-resuscitation department of ME “Mogilev Regional Hospital”.
MATTERS OF PERSONNEL TRAINING
ASSESSMENT OF KNOWLEDGE LEVEL OF PECULIARITIES OF BATTLE SURGICAL TRAUMA. PART II: SYNDROME OF PROLONGED COMPRESSION
EE “Belarusian State Medical University”
The Republic Of Belarus
Objectives. To evaluate the knowledge level of surgeons who work in the medical establishments of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus concerning the problems of pathogenesis and treatment of the syndrome of the prolonged compression.
Methods. The data of testing results of 270 surgeons of the establishments of Ministry of Health are presented in the article. Surgeons from various regions of the country working in polyclinics, general surgical and specialized departments of hospitals were included in the investigation. The tests included 20 questions concerning the syndrome of the prolonged compression (SPC) (10 questions present the theme “Pathogenesis of SPC” and 10 – “Treatment of SPC” with 4-5 variants of answers to choose one correct answer).
Results. Surgeons demonstrated the satisfactory knowledge level of the syndrome of the prolonged compression (Me (25%-75%) – 11 (9-12)), however, the answers concerning the theme “Treatment of SPC” testify to the certain lack of knowledge. Lower level of knowledge (statistically significant differences) were shown by the surgeons of the so-called “restricted” specialization (Mann-Whitney U-test, U=3124, ð=0,0040). While evaluating the impact of work experience on the number of correct answers, statistically significant differences between the groups were absent (Kruskal-Wallis test, H=39,04, p=0,5580). Surgeons working in polyclinics demonstrated lower knowledge level of the syndrome of the prolonged compression (Kruskal-Wallis test, H=6,27, p=0,0440).
Conclusions. To improve the system of surgeons’ training to render medical aid in case of emergencies, its thorough analysis is required.
- Musatov KhA. Khirurgiia katastrof [Surgery of disasters]: uchebnik. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1998. – 592 p.
- Bykova IIu, Efimenko NA, Gumanenko EK. Voenno-polevaia khirurgiia [Military field surgery]: nats ruk. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2009. 816 p.
- Zhidkov SA, Shnitko SN, red, Alekseev SA, Bogdan VG, Korik VE, Popchenko AL. Voenno-polevaia khirurgiia [Military field surgery]: uchebnik. Minsk, RB: BGMU, 2008. 350 p.
- Nechaev EA, Revskoi AK, Savitskii GG. Sindrom dlitel'nogo sdavleniia [Prolonged compression syndrome]: ruk dlia vrachei. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1993. 208 p.
- Garkavi AV. Sindrom dlitel'nogo sdavleniia miagkikh tkanei konechnostei [Syndrome prolonged compression of soft tissues of the extremities]. Med Pomoshch'. 2000;(2):23–25.
- Iarmagomedov AA, Kostomarova LG, Stazhadze LL. Otsenka stepeni podgotovki vrachei skoroi pomoshchi po probleme: Diagnostika i lechenie sindroma dlitel'nogo sdavleniia na dogospital'nom etape [Evaluation of ambulance physicians training on the problem: Diagnosis and treatment of the syndrome of prolonged compression at pre-hospital stage]. Meditsina Katastrof. 2000;(3):54–57.
- Galikian VO, Ovanesian RA, Sherdukalova LF. Klassifikatsiia i lechenie sindroma dlitel'nogo sdavleniia [Classification and treatment of prolonged compression syndrome]. Khirurgiia. 1999;(1):43–46.
220034, Respublika Belarus, g. Minsk, ul. Azgura, d. 4, UO «Belorusskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», voenno-meditsinskiy fakultet, kafedra voenno-polevoy khirurgii,
Trukhan Aleksey Petrovich
Trukhan A.P. Candidate of medical sciences, major of medical service, assistant of military –field surgery chair of the military medicine faculty of EE "Belarusian State Medical University."
A.G.SALMANOV1, A.K.TOLSTANOV 2, V.F.MARIEVSKI 3, V.V. BOYKO 4, I.A.TARABAN 5
EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SURVEILLANCE FOR RESISTANCE TO ANTIMICROBIAL PREPARATIONS
State sanitary-epidemiological department of the Ukraine 1 ,
Ministry of healthcare of the Ukraine 2 ,
SE “Institute of epidemiology and infectious diseases named after L.V.Gromashevsky of NAMS of the Ukraine” 3 ,
SE “Institute of general and urgent surgery of NAMS of the Ukraine” 4,
Kharkov National Medical University 5,
Increasing concern about the emergence of resistance of the clinically important pathogens has led to the establishment of a number of surveillance programmes to monitor the actual extent of resistance at the local, regional and national levels. This review describes some of the major programs of surveillance initiatives and the ways to apply the obtained data in different settings. In the hospital, surveillance data are used to monitor local antibiograms resistance and to determine infection control strategies and antibiotic usage policies. The surveillance data are used to monitor public health threats such as infectious disease outbreaks involving resistant pathogens and the effects of bioterrorism countermeasures by following the effects of prophylactic use of different antibiotics on resistance. Initially, the pharmaceutical industry sponsored surveillance programmes to monitor the susceptibility of clinical isolates to marketed antibiotic products. However, at present, in the era of burgeoning resistance, many developers of antimicrobial agents find surveillance data useful for defining new drug discovery and development strategies, in that they assist with the identification of new medical needs, allow modelling of future resistance trends, and identify high-profile isolates for screening the activity of new agents. Surveillance data also represent an integral component of regulatory submissions for new agents and, together with clinical trial data, are used to determine breakpoints. It is clear that antibiotic resistance surveillance systems will continue to provide valuable data to health care providers, university researchers, pharmaceutical companies and the government.
- Vsemirnaia Organizatsiia Zdravookhraneniia. Global'naia strategiia VOZ po sderzhivaniiu ustoichivosti k protivomikrobnym preparatam [WHO global strategy for containment of antimicrobial resistance]. 2001. rezhim dostupu: http://www.who.int/drugresistance/WHO_Global_Strategy.htm/ru/
- Salmanov AG. Kh³rurg³chn³ ³nfekts³¿ [Surgical infections]: monograf³ia. Kiev, Ukraina: Kondor; 2011. 374 p.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Boiko VV, ²offe ²V, Taraban ²A. Antib³otikorezistentn³st' v kh³rurg³¿ [Antibiotic resistance in surgery] . Khar'kov, Ukraina: NTMT. 2012. 456 p.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF. ²nfekts³inii kontrol' v kh³rurg³¿ [Infection control in surgery]: Monograf³ia. Kiev, Ukraina: N³ka-Tsentr; 2011. 269 p.
- Salmanov AG. Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Nalapko Iu². Anal³z et³olog³¿ ³ antib³otikorezistentnost³ osnovnikh zbudnik³v vnutr³shn'ol³karnianikh ³nfekts³i u kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh [Analysis of etiology and antibiotic resistance of the main pathogens of nosocomial infections in surgical hospitals]. Ukr Zhurn Ekstr Med ³m GO Mozhaºva. 2010;(3):48–55.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Doan S². Antib³otikorezistentn³st' nozokom³al'nikh shtam³v Escherichia coli v kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh Ukra¿ni v 2008 r [Antibiotic resistance of nosocomial strains of Escherichia coli in Ukrainian surgical hospitals in 2008 yr]. Kh³rurg³ia Ukra¿ni. 2010;(4):78–83.
- Salmanov AG, Lazorishchinets' VV, Mar³ºvs'kii VF. Antib³otikorezistentn³st' kl³n³chnikh shtam³v Staphylococcus aureus v kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh Ukra¿n³ v 2010 r. [Antibiotic resistance of clinical strains of Staphylococcus aureus in Ukrainian surgical hospitals in 2010 yr]. Kh³rurg³ia Ukra¿ni. 2011(3):26–31.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Doan S². Antib³otikorezistentn³st' nozokom³al'nikh shtam³v Enterococcus faecalis v kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh Ukra¿ni u 2008 r. [Antibiotic resistance of nosocomial strains of Enterococcus faecalis in Ukrainian surgical hospitals in 2008 yr]. Ukr Neirokh³rurg Zhurn. 2010. ¹4:61–67.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Doan S². Antib³otikorezistentn³st' nozokom³al'nikh shtam³v Enterobacter spp. v kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh Ukra¿n³ v 2009 r [Antibiotic resistance of nosocomial strains of Enterobacter spp in Ukrainian surgical hospitals in 2009 yr]. S³meina Meditsina. 2010;(4):95–100.
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Doan S². Antib³otikorezistentn³st' nozokom³al'nikh shtam³v Pseudomonas aeruginosa v kh³rurg³chnikh stats³onarakh Ukra¿ni v 2008 r. [Antibiotic resistance of nosocomial strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Ukrainian surgical hospitalsin 2008 yr]. Shpital'na Kh³rurg³ia. 2010(3):86–89
- Salmanov AG, Mar³ºvs'kii VF, Doan S². Antib³otikorezistentn³st' osnovnikh zbudnik³v kh³rurg³chnikh ³nfekts³i [Antibiotic resistance of major causative agents of surgical infections]. Zb³rnik naukovikh prats' golovnogo v³is'kovo-medichnogo kl³n³chnogo tsentru «GVKG» MO Ukra¿ni. Ki¿v, Ukraina; 2010(Vip 16):391–98.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Annual Epidemiological Report 2010. Stockholm, Sweden: ECDC; 2010. Available from: http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Surveillance of surgical site infections in Europe, 2008–2009. Stockholm, Sweden: ECDC; 2012. Available from: http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications.
- World Health Organization. The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance – Options for action. Geneva, Switzerland; 2012. Available from: http://www.who.int/patientsafety/implementation/amr/publication/en/.
- Masterton RG. Surveillance studies: how can they help the management of infection? J Antimicrob Chemother. 2000;46(Topic T2):53–58.
- Karlowsky JA, Sahm DF. Antibiotic resistance - is resistance detected by surveillance relevant to predicting resistance in the clinical setting? Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2002 Oct;2(5):487–92.
- Goldmann DA, Weinstein RA, Wenzel RP, Tablan OC, Duma RJ, Gaynes RP, Schlosser J, Martone WJ. Strategies to Prevent and Control the Emergence and Spread of Antimicrobial-Resistant Microorganisms in Hospitals. A challenge to hospital leadership. JAMA. 1996 Jan 17;275(3):234–40.
- Shlaes DM, Gerding DN, John JF Jr, Craig WA, Bornstein DL, Duncan RA, Eckman MR, Farrer WE, Greene WH, Lorian V, Levy S, McGowan JE Jr, Paul SM, Ruskin J, Tenover FC, Watanakunakorn C. Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America and Infectious Diseases Society of America Joint Committee on the Prevention of Antimicrobial Resistance: guidelines for the prevention of antimicrobial resistance in hospitals. Clin Infect Dis. 1997 Sep;25(3):584–99. Review.
- Schuchat A, Hilger T, Zell E, Farley MM, Reingold A, Harrison L, Lefkowitz L, Danila R, Stefonek K, Barrett N, Morse D, Pinner R. Active bacterial core surveillance of the emerging infections program network. Emerg Infect Dis. 2001 Jan-Feb;7(1):92–9.
- Felmingham D, Gruneberg RN. The Alexander Project 1996-1997: latest susceptibility data from this international study of bacterial pathogens from community-acquired lower respiratory tract infections. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2000 Feb;45(2):191–203.
- Pfaller MA, Jones RN, Biedenbach DJ. Antimicrobial resistance trends in medical centers using carbapenems: report of 1999 and 2000 results from the MYSTIC program (USA). Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2001 Dec;41(4):177–82.
- Pfaller MA, Jones RN, Doern GV, Sader HS, Messer SA, Houston A, Coffman S, Hollis RJ. Bloodstream infections due to Candida species: SENTRY antimicrobial surveillance program in North America and Latin America, 1997-1998. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000 Mar;44(3):747–51.
- Thornsberry C, Jones ME, Hickey ML, Mauriz Y, Kahn J, Sahm DF. Resistance surveillance of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis isolated in the United States, 1997-1998. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1999 Dec;44(6):749–59.
- Thornsberry C, Sahm DF, Kelly LJ, Critchley IA, Jones ME, Evangelista AT, Karlowsky JA. Regional trends in antimicrobial resistance among clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis in the United States: results from the TRUST Surveillance Program, 1999-2000. Clin Infect Dis. 2002 Mar 1;34(Suppl 1):S4–S16.
- Sefton AM. Mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance: their clinical relevance in the new millennium. Drugs. 2002;62(4):557–66.
- Whitney CG, Farley MM, Hadler J, Harrison LH, Lexau C, Reingold A, Lefkowitz L, Cieslak PR, Cetron M, Zell ER, Jorgensen JH, Schuchat A; Increasing prevalence of multidrug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States. N Engl J Med. 2000 Dec 28;343(26):1917–24.
- Hashimoto H. Drug resistance of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in Japan until 1993. Jpn J Antibiot. 1994 Jun;47(6):575–84. [Article in Japanese]
- Jones ME, Mayfield DC, Thornsberry C, Karlowsky JA, Sahm DF, Peterson D. Prevalence of oxacillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus among inpatients and outpatients in the United States during 2000. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002 Sep;46(9):3104–5.
- Tenover FC, Lancaster MV, Hill BC, Steward CD, Stocker SA, Hancock GA, O'Hara CM, McAllister SK, Clark NC, Hiramatsu K. Characterization of staphylococci with reduced susceptibilities to vancomycin and other glycopeptides. J Clin Microbiol. 1998 Apr;36(4):1020–27.
- Lipsitch M, Samore MH. Antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance: a population perspective. Emerg Infect Dis. 2002 Apr;8(4):347–54.
- Sahm DF, Karlowsky JA, Kelly LJ, Critchley IA, Jones ME, Thornsberry C, Mauriz Y, Kahn J. Need for annual surveillance of antimicrobial resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae in the United States: 2-year longitudinal analysis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001 Apr;45(4):1037–42.
01601, Ukraina, g. Kiev, ul. Grushevskogo, d. 7, Gosudarstvennaya sanitarno- epidemiologicheskaya sluzhba Ukrainyi,
Salmanov Aydyin Gurbanovich
Salmanov A.G. Candidate of medical sciences, chief specialist of the State sanitary-epidemiological department of the Ukraine
Tolstanov A.K. Doctor of medical sciences, deputy minister of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Ukraine
Marievski V.F. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, director of SE “Institute of epidemiology and infectious diseases named after L.V.Gromashevsky of NAMS of the Ukraine”
Boyko V.V. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, director of SE “Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of the Ukraine”
Taraban I.A. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, professor of the surgery chair ¹1 of Kharkov National Medical University
A.N.BOGOMOLOV 1, I.I.KANUS2
ANESTHESIA PROVISION AND POSTOPERATIVE ANALGESIA AT TOTAL ENDOPROSTHESIS OF THE KNEE JOINT
SE “RSPC of Traumatology and Orthopedics” 1,
SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-graduate education” 2,
The Republic of Belarus
The number of patients with the degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the knee joints is annually increasing throughout in the world. Conservative treatment methods provide only temporary relief and don’t restore the capacity of movements in the limbs. In recent years, the expansion of the indications for endoprosthesis of large joints has been registered as the most effective way to reduce pain, restore physical activity and improve the quality of life. Total knee endoprosthesis is one of the most traumatic interventions in surgery. The review provides detailed data on the peculiarities of anesthesia at the total knee replacement. Possible complications arising from this intervention are described. Modern aspects of anesthetic management and postoperative analgesia as well as their key role in providing early postoperative rehabilitation after the total knee replacement are shown.
- Anchuela J, Gomez-Pellico L, Ferrer-Blanco M, Slocker M, Rodriguez R. Muscular function and bone mass after knee arthroplasty. Int Orthop. 2001;25(4):253–56.
- Karptsov VI, Vorontsov SA, Epshtein GG. Preduprezhdenie i lechenie somaticheskikh oslozhnenii pri total'nom endoprotezirovanii tazobedrennogo sustava i dr. [The prevention and treatment of somatic complications of total hip replacement, etc]. Travmatol Ortoped Rossii. 1994;5:86–91.
- Iudin AM. Perioperatsionnoe vedenie bol'nykh pri operatsiiakh total'nogo endoprotezirovaniia kolennogo sustava (obzor literatury) [Perioperative management of patients during total knee replacement operations (review)]. Anesteziol i Reanimatol. 2006;(2):39–42.
- Aglietti P, Baldini A, Vena LM, Abbate R, Fedi S, Falciani M. Effect of tourniquet use on activation of coagulation in total knee replacement. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000 Feb;(371):169–77.
- Clark DI, Ahmed AB, Baxendale BR, Moran CG. Cardiac output during hemiarthroplasty of the hip. A prospective, controlled trial of cemented and uncemented prostheses. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001 Apr;83(3):414–18.
- Geerts WH, Heit JA, Clagett GP, Pineo GF, Colwell CW, Anderson FA Jr, Wheeler HB. Prevention of venous thromboembolism. Chest. 2001 Jan;119(1 Suppl):132S–175S.
- Baeshko AA. Posleoperatsionnyi tromboz glubokikh ven nizhnikh konechnostei i tromboemboliia legochnoi arterii [Postoperative deep vein thrombosis of the lower extrimities and pulmonary embolism]. Moscow, RF: Triada-Kh; 2000. 136 p.
- Kustov VM, Kornilov NV. Meditsinskoe obespechenie operatsii endoprotezirovaniia krupnykh sustavov [Medical support of large joint replacement operations]. Saint-Petersburg, RF; 2004. 253 p.
- Mironov N.P., Arzhakova N.I., Kapyrina M.V. Osobennosti vospolneniia krovopoteri pri rekonstruktivnykh operatsiiakh na krupnykh sustavakh. Reinfuziia drenazhnoi krovi kak odin iz komponentov sovremennykh krovosberegaiushchikh tekhnologii (sovremennoe sostoianie voprosa) [Features of replenish blood loss during major reconstructive operations on the joints. Reinfusion of blood drainage as one of the components of modern blood conservation technologies (the current state of the problem]. Vestn Intensiv Terapii. 2007;(3):14–21.
- Fischer LP, Morin A. Les nerfs de la cuisse et du genou. In : Bonnet F, Chevrel JP , Outrequin G, eds. Anatomie clinique. Berlin, DE: Springer-Verlag; 1991. p. 443–46.
- Kehlet H. Multimodal approach to control postoperative pathophysiology and rehabilitation. Br J Anaesth. 1997 May;78(5):606–17.
- Ferrante FM, Timoti R, Veid-Bonkor, red. Posleoperatsionnaia bol' [Postoperative pain]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1998. 619 p.
- Ovechkin AM, Gnezdilov AV, Arlazarova NM, i dr. Preduprezhdaiushchaia analgeziia: real'naia vozmozhnost' profilaktiki posleoperatsionnogo bolevogo sindroma [Preventive analgesia: a real opportunity of prophylaxis of postoperative pain]. Anesteziol i Reanimatol. 1996;(4): 35–39.
- 14. Bessonov SV, Orletskii AK, Kassil' VL. Osobennosti anesteziologicheskogo obespecheniia endoprotezirovaniia krupnykh sustavov nizhnikh konechnostei [Features of anesthetic support of endoprothesis of large joints of the lower extremities]. Vestn travmatol i ortopedii im NN Priorova. 2005;(1):85–90.
- Gnezdilov AV, Ovechkin AM, Kukushkin ML. Sovremennye printsipy mul'tidistsiplinarnogo lecheniia boli v ortopedicheskoi klinike [Modern principles of multidisciplinary pain treatment in the orthopedic clinic]. Anesteziol i Reanimatol. 1998;(5):59–63.
- Goriaev RV. Spinal'no-provodnikovaia anesteziia/anal'geziia – novyi podkhod k obezbolivaniiu ili nenuzhnaia kombinatsiia «starykh» metodov? [Spinal conduction anesthesia /analgesia – is it a new approach to pain relief or unnecessary combination of "old" methods?]. Regionar Anesteziia i Lechenie Ostroi Boli. 2011;V(4):20–29.
- Gallinger EIu, Seleznev MN, Babalian GV, Zolicheva NIu, Kriukov SP. Kombinirovannaia spinal'no-epidural'naia i epidural'naia anesteziia pri operatsiiakh na sosudakh nizhnikh konechnostei [Combined spinal-epidural and epidural anesthesia for operations on the vessels of lower extremities]. Anesteziol i Reanimatol. 1999;(5):44–48.
- Iliukevich GV, Oletskii VN. Regionarnaia anesteziia [Regional anesthesia]. Minsk, RB: Kovcheg; 2006. 164 p.
- Papagelopoulos PJ, Sim FH. Limited range of motion after total knee arthroplasty: etiology, treatment, and prognosis. Orthopedics. 1997 Nov;20(11):1061–65; quiz 1066–67.
- Munin MC, Rudy TE, Glynn NW, Crossett LS, Rubash HE. Early inpatient rehabilitation after elective hip and knee arthroplasty. JAMA. 1998 Mar 18;279(11):847–52.
- Singelyn FJ, Deyaert M, Joris D, Pendeville E, Gouverneur JM. Effects of intravenous patient-controlled analgesia with morphine, continuous epidural analgesia, and continuous three-in-one block on postoperative pain and knee rehabilitation after unilateral total knee arthroplasty. Anesth Analg. 1998 Jul;87(1):88–92.
- Minto CF, Schnider TW, Shafer SL. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of remifentanil. II. Model application. Anesthesiology. 1997 Jan;86(1):24–33.
- McGuire DA, Sanders K, Hendricks SD. Comparison of ketorolac and opioid analgesics in postoperative ACL reconstruction outpatient pain control. Arthroscopy. 1993;9(6):653–61.
- Moote CA, Newton PT. Analgesic efficacy of ketorolac vs morphine for outpatient knee arthroscopy. Anesth Analg. 1995; 80:S327.
- Delbos A, Boccard E. The morphine-sparing effect of propacetamol in orthopedic postoperative pain. J Pain Symptom Manage. 1995 May;10(4):279–86.
- Capdevila X, Barthelet Y, Biboulet P, Ryckwaert Y, Rubenovitch J, d'Athis F. Effects of perioperative analgesic technique on the surgical outcome and duration of rehabilitation after major knee surgery. Anesthesiology. 1999 Jul;91(1):8–15.
- Tarkila P. Epidural'naia anal'geziia: nuzhdaemsia li my v nei do sikh por posle obshirnykh vmeshatel'stv na kolene i tazobedrennom sustave [Epidural analgesia: do we need it up today after extensive interventions for the knee and hip joint]. Regionar Anesteziia i Lechenie Ostroi Boli. 2011;V(2):42–45.
- Adner NH, Reimer EJ, Komar WE, Moote CA. Low-dose bupivacaine does not improve epidural fentanyl analgesia in orthopedics patients. Anesth Analg. 1991;72:337–41.
- Raj PP, Knarr DC, Vigdorth E, Denson DD, Pither CE, Hartrick CT, Hopson CN, Edstrom HH. Comparison of continuous epidural infusion of a local anesthetic and administration of systemic narcotics in the management of pain after total knee replacement surgery. Anesth Analg. 1987 May;66(5):401–6.
- Turner G, Blake D, Buckland M, Chamley D, Dawson P, Goodchild C, Mezzatesta J, Scott D, Sultana A, Walker S, Hendrata M, Mooney P, Armstrong M. Continuous extradural infusion of ropivacaine for prevention of postoperative pain after major orthopaedic surgery. Br J Anaesth. 1996 May;76(5):606–10.
- Ovechkin AM, Bastrikin SIu. Protokol spinal'no-epidural'noi anestezii i posleoperatsionnoi epidural'noi anal'gezii pri operatsiiakh total'nogo endoprotezirovaniia krupnykh sustavov nizhnei konechnosti [Protocol of spinal-epidural anesthesia and postoperative epidural analgesia during total endoprothesis of large joints of the lower extremities]. Regionar Anesteziia i Lechenie Ostroi Boli. 2007;1(2):79–82.
- Vercauteren MP, Van Den Bergh L, Kartawiadi SL, Van Boxem K, Hoffmann VL. Addition of bupivacaine to sufentanil in patient-controlled epidural analgesia after lower limb surgery in young adults: effect on analgesia and micturition. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 1998 Mar-Apr;23(2):182–88.
- 33.Niemi G, Breivik H. The minimally effective concentration of adrenaline in a low-concentration thoracic epidural analgesic infusion of bupivacaine, fentanyl and adrenaline after major surgery. A randomized, double-blind, dose-finding study. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2003 Apr;47(4):439–50.
- Gorobets ES, Gariaev RV, Shin AR. Odnorazovye infuzionnye pompy sdelali real'nym shirokoe primenenie posleoperatsionnoi epidural'noi anal'gezii [Disposable infusion pumps made real a widespread use of postoperative epidural analgesia]. Regionar Anesteziia i Lechenie Ostroi Boli. 2011;V(3):14–20.
- De Leon-Casasola OA, Parker B, Lema MJ, Harrison P, Massey J. Postoperative epidural bupivacaine-morphine therapy. Experience with 4,227 surgical cancer patients. Anesthesiology. 1994 Aug;81(2):368–75.
- Scott DA, Beilby DS, McClymont C. Postoperative analgesia using epidural infusions of fentanyl with bupivacaine. A prospective analysis of 1,014 patients. Anesthesiology. 1995 Oct;83(4):727–37.
- Horlocker TT, Wedel DJ, Benzon H, Brown DL, Enneking FK, Heit JA, Mulroy MF, Rosenquist RW, Rowlingson J, Tryba M, Yuan CS. Regional anesthesia in the anticoagulated patient: defining the risks (the second ASRA Consensus Conference on Neuraxial Anesthesia and Anticoagulation) Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2003 May-Jun;28(3):172–97.
- Winnie AP, Ramamurthy S, Durrani Z. The inguinal paravascular technique of lumbar plexus anesthesia: the "3-in-1 block". Anesth Analg. 1973 Nov-Dec;52(6):989–96.
- Hanna MH, Peat SJ, D'Costa F. Lumbar plexus block: an anatomical study. Anaesthesia. 1993 Aug;48(8):675–78.
- Capdevila X, Biboulet P, Bouregba M, Barthelet Y, Rubenovitch J, d'Athis F. Comparison of the three-in-one and fascia iliaca compartment blocks in adults: clinical and radiographic analysis. Anesth Analg. 1998 May;86(5):1039–44.
- Edkin BS, Spindler KP, Flanagan JF. Femoral nerve block as an alternative to parenteral narcotics for pain control after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Arthroscopy. 1995 Aug;11(4):404–9.
- Barrington MJ, Olive D, Low K, Scott DA, Brittain J, Choong P. Continuous femoral nerve blockade or epidural analgesia after total knee replacement: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Anesth Analg. 2005 Dec;101(6):1824–29.
- Williams BA, Kentor ML, Vogt MT, Williams JP, Chelly JE, Valalik S, Harner CD, Fu FH. Femoral-sciatic nerve blocks for complex outpatient knee surgery are associated with less postoperative pain before same-day discharge: a review of 1,200 consecutive cases from the period 1996-1999. Anesthesiology. 2003 May;98(5):1206–13.
- Parkinson SK, Mueller JB, Little WL, Bailey SL. Extent of blockade with various approaches to the lumbar plexus. Anesth Analg. 1989 Mar;68(3):243–48.
- Zaric D, Boysen K, Christiansen C, Christiansen J, Stephensen S, Christensen B. A comparison of epidural analgesia with combined continuous femoral-sciatic nerve blocks after total knee replacement. Anesth Analg. 2006 Apr;102(4):1240–46.
- Kerr DR, Kohan L. Local infiltration analgesia: a technique for the control of acute postoperative pain following knee and hip surgery: a case study of 325 patients Acta Orthop. 2008 Apr;79(2):174–83.
220024, Respublika Belarus, g. Minsk, ul. Kizhevatova, d. 60, kor. 4, GU «RNPTs travmatologii i ortopedii», otdelenie anesteziologii i reanimatsii,
Bogomolov Aleksandr Nikolaevich
Bogomolov A.N. Anesthesiologist-resuscitator, the anesthesiology-resuscitation department with intensive care wards of SE “RSPC of Traumatology and Orthopedics”, Minsk
Kanus I.I. Honored Worker of Science of the Republic of Belarus, doctor of medical sciences, professor of the anesthesiology-resuscitation chair of SEE “Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education”
D.A. IONKIN, K.V. SHISHIN, S.S. ANDREENKOV, A.B. SHURAKOVA, O.I. ZHAVORONKOVA, J.A. STEPANOVA
CONGENITAL CYST OF THE ACCESSORY SPLEEN WITH INTERNAL HEMORRHAGE AND RUPTURE THREAT
FSBE “A.V.Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”, Moscow
The Russian Federation
Address for correspondence
The observation case of the complicated course of a cyst in the accessory spleen in 18-year old patient is presented in the article. The results and peculiarities of the preoperative clinical and instrumental examination are given. The technique of the performed laparoscopic removal of the accessory splenetic lobe is described.
The observation is interesting because of rarity of such affections and as a result difficulty in diagnostics. The application of modern diagnostics methods permitted to make diagnosis at the preoperative stage and to reveal the occurred hemorrhage and to prevent possible severe complication. Complicated course of the cyst of the accessory splenetic lobe determined the necessity of an adequate surgical treatment. Modern minimally invasive precise surgical technologies allow solving this problem rather quickly and simply, providing a good cosmetic effect.
There have been no presented observations in the literature up to present of cysts in the accessory splenetic lobe located in the organ port above the splenetic stem and pancreatic bottom with a complicated course.
- Meyer T, Maier M, Holler S, Fein M. Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: a differential diagnosis of pancreatic tumour. Zentralbl Chir. 2007 Feb;132(1):73–76.
- Tozbikian G, Bloomston M, Stevens R, Ellison EC, Frankel WL. Accessory spleen presenting as a mass in the tail of the pancreas. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2007 Aug;11(4):277–81.
- Miyayama S, Matsui O, Yamamoto T, Akakura Y, Nishida H, Yamamori S, Minami T, Kozaka K, Mitsui T. Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: evaluation by CT arteriography. Abdom Imaging. 2003 Nov-Dec;28(6):862–65.
- Sels JP, Wouters RM, Lamers R, Wolffenbuttel BH. Pitfall of the accessory spleen. Neth J Med. 2000 Apr;56(4):153–58.
- Izzo L, Caputo M, Galati G. Intrahepatic accessory spleen: imaging features. Liver Int. 2004 Jun;24(3):216–17.
- Orlando R, Lumachi F, Lirussi F. Congenital anomalies of the spleen mimicking hematological disorders and solid tumors: a single-center experience of 2650 consecutive diagnostic laparoscopies. Anticancer Res. 2005 Nov-Dec;25(6C):4385–88.
- Ionicheva OV, Pritulo LF, Shaevskii DV, Amet'ev ER. Perekrut dobatkovoi selezinki [Torsion of accessory spleen]. Khirurgiia ditiachogo viku. 2009;VI(2):71–2.
- Horibe Y, Murakami M, Yamao K, Imaeda Y, Tashiro K, Kasahara M. Epithelial inclusion cyst (epidermoid cyst) formation with epithelioid cell granuloma in an intrapancreatic accessory spleen. Pathol Int. 2001 Jan;51(1):50–54.
- Kanazawa H, Kamiya J, Nagino M, Uesaka K, Yuasa N, Oda K, Arai T, Nishio H, Nimura Y. Epidermoid cyst in an intrapancreatic accessory spleen: a case report. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2004;11(1):61–63.
- Kuriyama N, Sekoguchi T, Saegusa S, Yuasa H, Ido M, Ito F, Yamazaki Y. A case of an epithelial cyst arising in the intrapancreatic accessory spleen. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2006 Dec;103(12):1391–96.
- Dominguez I, Franssen-Canovas B, Uribe-Uribe N, Franco R, Campuzano M, Uscanga LF. Accessory spleen as a differential diagnosis of intrapancreatic tumors. Case report and review of the literature. Rev Gastroenterol Mex. 2007 Oct-Dec;72(4):376–78.
117997, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Moskva, ul. Bolshaya Serpuhovskaya, d. 27, FGBU «Institut hirurgii im. A.V. Vishnevskogo», otdeleniya khirurgicheskoy gepatologii i pankreatologii,
Ionkin Dmitriy Anatolevich
Ionkin D.A. Candidate of medical sciences, senior researcher of the surgical hepatology and pancreatology department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Shishin K.V. Doctor of medical sciences, senior researcher of the endoscopic surgery department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Andreenkov S.S. Post-graduate student of the surgical hepatology and pancreatology department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Shurakova A.B. Candidate of medical sciences, researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Zhavoronkova O.I. Candidate of medical sciences, senior researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Stepanova J.A. Doctor of medical sciences, senior researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”.
EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE
J.G. SHAPKIN, E.V. EFIMOV, A.V. KHOROSHKEVICH, A.J. KHROMYKH
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF DIABETIC FOOT SYNDROME COMPLICATED BY PURULENT-NECROTIC PROCESSES
State Budgetary Educational Establishment of Higher Professional Education “Saratov State Medical University named after V.I..Razumovsky”,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To summarize the experience of treating patients with diabetic foot syndrome complicated by purulent necrotic process.
Methods. This report is based on the results of examination and treatment of 160 patients with diabetic foot at the age from 45 to 80, who had developed the phenomena of purulent-necrotic process in the shin and foot. General clinical examination methods, assessment of blood coagulation, the qualitative determination of microflora (aerobic and anaerobic) by conventional methods were included in the examination complex. The patients were subjected to complex conservative and operative treatment. The analysis of the nearest treatment results was performed.
Results. 5 patients underwent finger removal with the resection of metatarsal bone heads, with a mandatory closure of wounds with soft tissue over the bone stump with the running drainage. Because of inability to save limbs in 77 patients, high amputations were done. In 27 patients, the resection of the foot according to Sharp was carried out, in 50 – at the hip level. Complications in the form of wound suppuration occurred after foot resections in 3 patients and after hip resections – in 6. Mortality rate in the operated patients with diabetic foot syndrome made up 7,8% (6 people), the overall mortality rate – 3,75%.
Conclusions. The basis of successful treatment of diabetic foot syndrome complicated by purulent-necrotic process is the correction of carbohydrate metabolism and accompanying pathology as well as additional intensive medical therapy supplemented with antibiotics of the bactericidal action. The terms of operative interventions in patients with diabetic foot depend on the severity and character of purulent-necrotic process, the degree of endotoxemia syndrome that in the number of cases demands preoperative correcting therapy.
- Bregovskii VB, Zaitsev AL, Zalevskaia AG. Porazheniia nizhnikh konechnostei pri sakharnom diabete [Lesions of the lower extremities in diabetes mellitus]. Moscow-Saint-Petersburg, RF: Dilia; 2004. 263 p.
- Dedov II, Antsiferov MB, Galstian GR, Tokmakova AIu. Sindrom diabeticheskoi stopy (Klinika, diagnostika, lechenie i profilaktika) [Diabetic foot syndrome (clinic, diagnosis, treatment and prevention)]. Moscow, RF: 1998. 143 p.
- Dedov II, Udovichenko OV, Galstian GR. Diabeticheskaia stopa [Diabetic foot]. Moscow, RF: Prakt meditsina; 2005. 197 p.
- Svetukhin AM, Zemlianoi AB, Mitish VA. Taktika khirurgicheskogo lecheniia gnoino-nekroticheskikh form diabeticheskoi stopy [Surgical treatment of necrotic forms of diabetic foot]. V: Dedov II, Antsiferov MB, Galstian GR, Tokmakova AIu. Sindrom diabeticheskoi stopy [Diabetic foot syndrome]. Moscow, RF: 1998. p. 102–30.
- Mezhdunarodnaia rabochaia gruppa po diabeticheskoi stope. [The international working group on the diabetic foot]. Moscow, RF: Bereg; 2000. 96 p.
- American Diabetes Association. Consensus Development Conference on Diabetic Foot Wound Care: 1999 Apr 7–8; Boston, Massachusetts. Diabetes Care.
410012, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Saratov, ul. Bolshaya kazachya, d. 112, GBOU VPO «Saratovskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», kafedra obschey khirurgii,
Khoroshkevich Anna Vasilevn
Shapkin J.G. Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Saratov State Medical University named after V.I.Razumovsky”
Efimov E.V. Candidate of medical sciences, assistant of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Saratov State Medical University named after V.I.Razumovsky”
Khoroshkevich A.V. Candidate of medical sciences, assistant of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Saratov State Medical University named after V.I.Razumovsky”
Khromykh A.J. A 3-year student of the medical faculty of SBEE HPE “Saratov State Medical University named after V.I.Razumovsky”.