This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 4
I.V. MAIBORODIN 1, A.A. SHEVELA 1, S.V. MARCHUKOV 1, V.V. MOROZOV 1, V.A. MATVEEVA 1, V.I. MAIBORODINA 2, A.M NOVIKOV 3, A.I. SHEVELA 1
REGENERATION OF THE BONE DEFECT AT EXPERIMENTAL APPLICATION OF EXTRACELLULAR MICROVESICLES FROM MULTIPOTENT STROMAL CELLS
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, The Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch 1,
Federal Research Center of Fundamental and Translational Medicine of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Pathomorphology 2,
JSC Medical Center “Avicenna” 3, Novosibirsk,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To study the results of application extracellular microvesicles from rat multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells of the bone marrow origin (EMV) for the regeneration of rabbit bone defects, as well as to obtain data about the EMV preservation after their introduction into tissues.
Methods. The bone defect (2 mm diameter and 4 mm depth) was created in the proximal condyles of the outbred rabbit tibia. On the left limb the bone defect was filled with saline, on the right – the 50 μg EMV were introduced into defect.
Results. By the 12th day all control rabbits had retained a defect in the bone tissue with forming bone structures and hypertrophic scar in the border with intact areas.
In the most cases after the EMV introduction, no bone damage was found; the scar was thin with ordered structures of the intercellular matrix. 12 days after the application of Vybrant® CM-Dil-labeled EMV, in the periosteum and in adjacent bone marrow, vessels of bone tissue the single, very small, dust-like objects were found fluorescent in red on the background of rhodamine filter use. Sometimes the clear red tint of inclusions was noted in large cellular elements – macrophages. By the 21st day on the right (experimental), in 4 cases out of 5, only scar structures were found at the site of the bone tissue defect, while on the left (control) – only in 2 cases out of 5.
Conclusion. The preliminary results of the EMV application for the bone regeneration defect revealed the faster healing, the frequency of successful regeneration of the damaged bone and the formation of a less rough bone callus. In rabbits EMV are present in tissues at the site of application for at least 12 days. The number of the introduced EMV was found in macrophages.
- Takeda YS, Xu Q. Neuronal differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells using exosomes derived from differentiating neuronal cells. PLoS One. 2015;10(8):e0135111. doi: 10.1371journal.pone.0135111
- Wu Y, Huang Q, Bu S. Cross talk between exosomes and pancreatic β-cells in diabetes. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2020 Jul 8:1-10. doi: 10.1080/13813455.2020.1760303. Online ahead of print.
- Kumagai Y, Murakami T, Kuwahara-Arai, Iba T, Reich J, Nagaoka I. Antimicrobial peptide LL-37 ameliorates a murine sepsis model via the induction of microvesicle release from neutrophils. Innate Immun. 2020 Jun 29:1753425920936754. doi: 10.1177/1753425920936754. Online ahead of print.
- Silachev DN, Goryunov KV, Shpilyuk MA, Beznoschenko OS, Morozova NY, Kraevaya EE, Popkov VA, Pevzner IB, Zorova LD, Evtushenko EA, Starodubtseva NL, Kononikhin AS, Bugrova AE, Evtushenko EG, Plotnikov EY, Zorov DB, Sukhikh GT. Effect of mscs and msc-derived extracellular vesicles on human blood coagulation. Cells. 2019 Mar 19;8(3). pii: E258. doi: 10.3390/cells8030258
- Lener T, Gimona M, Aigner L, Börger V, Buzas E, Camussi G, Chaput N, Chatterjee D, Court FA, Del Portillo HA, O’Driscoll L, Fais S, Falcon-Perez JM, Felderhoff-Mueser U, Fraile L, Gho YS, Görgens A, Gupta RC, Hendrix A, Hermann DM, Hill AF, Hochberg F, Horn PA, de Kleijn D, Kordelas L, Kramer BW, Krämer-Albers EM, Laner-Plamberger S, Laitinen S, Leonardi T, Lorenowicz MJ, Lim SK, Lötvall J, Maguire CA, Marcilla A, Nazarenko I, Ochiya T, Patel T, Pedersen S, Pocsfalvi G, Pluchino S, Quesenberry P, Reischl IG, Rivera FJ, Sanzenbacher R, Schallmoser K, Slaper-Cortenbach I, Strunk D, Tonn T, Vader P, van Balkom BW, Wauben M, Andaloussi SE, Théry C, Rohde E, Giebel B. Applying extracellular vesicles based therapeutics in clinical trials – an ISEV position paper. J Extracell Vesicles. Dec 31;4:30087. doi: 10.3402/jev.v4.30087. eCollection 2015.
- Narayanan R, Huang CC, Ravindran S. Hijacking the cellular mail: exosome mediated differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Int. 2016;2016:3808674. doi: 10.1155/2016/3808674
- Furuta T, Miyaki S, Ishitobi H, Ogura T, Kato Y, Kamei N, Miyado K, Higashi Y, Ochi M. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes promote fracture healing in a mouse model. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016 Dec;5(12):1620-30. doi: 10.5966/sctm.2015-0285
- Maiborodin IV, Matveeva VA, Kolesnikov IS, Drovosekov MN, Toder MS, Shevela AI. The effect of autologous mesencbymal stem cells of bone marrow origin on regeneration of damaged rat bottom jaw bone. Stomatologiia. 2012;91(1):5-9. https://www.mediasphera.ru/issues/stomatologiya/2012/1/030039-1735201211 ( In Russ.)
- Zhang S, Chu WC, Lai RC, Lim SK, Hui JH, Toh WS. Exosomes derived from human embryonic mesenchymal stem cells promote osteochondral regeneration. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016 Dec;24(12):2135-40. doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2016.06.022
- Wang KX, Xu LL, Rui YF, Huang S, Lin SE, Xiong JH, Li YH, Lee WY, Li G. The effects of secretion factors from umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells on osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 23;10(3):e0120593. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0120593. eCollection 2015.
- Torreggiani E, Perut F, Roncuzzi L, Zini N, Baglìo SR, Baldini N. Exosomes: novel effectors of human platelet lysate activity. Eur Cell Mater. 2014 Sep 22;28:137-51; discussion 151. doi: 10.22203/ecm.v028a11
- Lei L, Tzekov R, Tang S, Kaushal S. Accumulation and autofluorescence of phagocytized rod outer segment material in macrophages and microglial cells. Mol Vis. 2012;18:103-13. http://www.molvis.org/molvis/v18/a13
- Tang XD, Shi L, Monsel A, Li XY, Zhu HL, Zhu YG, Qu JM. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Microvesicles Attenuate Acute Lung Injury in Mice Partly Mediated by Ang-1 mRNA. Stem Cells. 2017 Jul;35(7):1849-59. doi: 10.1002/stem.2619
630090, Russian Federation,
Novosibirsk, pr. Acad. Lavrenteva, 8,
Institute of Chemical Biology
and Fundamental Medicine,
Center for New Medical Technologies
Maiborodin Igor V.
Maiborodin Igor V., MD, Professor, Chief Researcher, Laboratory of Health Management Technologies, the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Shevela Aleksandr A., PhD, Doctoral Student of Laboratory of Health Management Technologies, the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Marchukov Sergey V., PhD, Doctoral Student of Laboratory of Health Management Technologies, the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Morozov Vitaly V., MD, Professor, Head of Laboratory of Health Management Technologies, the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Matveeva Vera A., PhD, Senior Researcher of Laboratory of Health Management Technologies, the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Maiborodina Vitalina I., MD, Leading Researcher, Laboratory of Ultrastructural Basis of Pathology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Pathomorphology, Federal State Budget Scientific Institution “Federal Research Center of Fundamental and Translational Medicine”, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Novikov Alexey M., Gynecologist of the Department of Gynecology, JSC Medical Center “Avicenna”, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
Shevela Andrey I., MD, Professor, Head of Department the Center of New Medical Technologies, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, the Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Branch, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.
GENARAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
YU.V. BELOV 1, K.N. RYBAKOV 2, 3, I.A. GUBAREV 2, A.Z. SALEKH 2, I.A. VINOKUROV 3
IMMEDIATE TREATMENT RESULTS OF PATIENTS WITH AORTIC VALVE DISEASE IN COMBINATION WITH POSTSTENOTIC DILATION OF THE ASCENDING AORTA LESS THAN 5 CM
Russian Research Surgery Center named after Academician B.V.Petrovsky 1,
N.I. Pirogov Municipal Clinical Hospital No1 2,
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
(Sechenov University) of the Ministry of Health of Russia 3, Moscow,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To carry out a comparative evaluation of immediate results of isolated operations on the aortic valve and combined surgical intervention on the aortic valve and ascending aorta in patients with aortic valve defects in combination with poststenotic dilation of the ascending aorta less than 5 cm.
Methods. The article analyzes the results of surgical treatment of patients (n=39) with the aortic valve defects in combination with ascending aortic aneurysms. The differences were in the tactics of surgical treatment: 22 patients underwent combined surgery on the aortic valve and ascending aorta, 17 patients underwent isolated operations on the aortic valve. In each of the study groups, intraoperative data, rehabilitation period, and complications in the early postlesional period were evaluated.
Results. Statistical analysis revealed no significant difference in the rehabilitation period and complications in the early postlesional period between the main group and the comparison group except of the index of postoperative bleeding, which was significantly higher in patients who underwent combined surgery on the aortic valve and ascending aorta and recorded in 18.2% of cases (p=0.03).
Conclusion. A moderate increase in the duration of the operation and artificial blood circulation, as well as intraoperative blood loss due to the formation of an additional anastomosis in the ascending aorta in patients undergoing combined replacement of the aortic valve and ascending aorta in comparison with isolated aortic valve replacement does not significantly affect the postoperative rehabilitation period and the incidence of complications in the early postlesional period. The final decision on the feasibility of performing combined prosthetics of the aortic valve and ascending aorta in patients with aortic valve defect in combination with poststenotic dilation of the ascending aorta less than 5 cm requires additional comparative analysis of long-term results of surgical treatment of the studied groups of patients.
- Belov IuV, Stepanenko AB, Gens AP, Grigorian GR, Belov AIu. Khirurgicheskie tekhnologii v lechenii anevrizm grudnogo i torakoabdominal’nogo otdelov aorty. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2003;(2):22-27. (In Russ.)
- Isselbacher EM. Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms. Circulation. 2005 Feb 15;111(6):816-28. doi: 10.1161/01.CIR.0000154569.08857.7A
- Robicsek F. About ascending aortic dilatation during aortic valve replacement. J Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;44(2):279. https://www.minervamedica.it/en/journals/cardiovascular-surgery/article.php?cod=R37Y2003N02A0279
- Zajac P, Plewka M, Rogowski W, Kasprzak JD. Ascending aortic dilatation as a late complication after implantation of a mechanical aortic valve performed 37 years earlier. Kardiochir Torakochirurgia Pol. 2014 Dec;11(4):437-40. Published online 2014 Nov 30. doi: 10.5114/kitp.2014.47348
- Lazorishinets VV, Popov VV, Bol’shak AA. Ekzoprotezirovanie voskhodiashchei aorty pri ee poststenoticheskom rasshirenii i korrektsii aortal’nogo stenoza. Kardiologiia v Belarusi. 2016;(3):385-89. https://www.rucont.ru/efd/477774 (In Russ.)
- Andrus BW, O’Rourke DJ, Dacey LJ, Palac RT. Stability of ascending aortic dilatation following aortic valve replacement. Circulation. 2003 Sep 9;108 Suppl 1:II295-99. doi: 10.1161/01.cir.0000087385.63569.79
- Matsuyama K, Usui A, Akita T, Yoshikawa M, Murayama M, Yano T, Takenaka H, Katou W, Toyama M, Okada M, Sawaki M, Ueda Y. Natural history of a dilated ascending aorta after aortic valve replacement. Circ J. 2005 Apr;69(4):392-96. doi: 10.1253/circj.69.392
119049, Russian Federation,
Moscow, Leninsky pr., 8,
N.I. Pirogov Municipal Clinical Hospital No1,
Center for Vascular, X-ray Endovascular Surgery
and Minimally Invasive Phlebology Unit,
tel. mobile:+7 985 353 51 90,
Gubarev Igor’ Aleksandrovich
Belov Yurii V., MD, Professor, Academician of RAS, Head of the Cardio-aortic Surgery, Russian Research Surgery Center named after Academician B.V.Petrovsky, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Rybakov Kirill N., Cardiovascular Surgeon, N.I. Pirogov Municipal Clinical Hospital No1, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Gubarev Igor’ A., Aspirant, Russian Research Surgery Center named after Academician B.V.Petrovsky, Cardiovascular Surgeon, N.I. Pirogov Municipal Clinical Hospital No1, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Salekh Amro Z., PhD, Cardiovascular Surgeon, N.I. Pirogov Municipal Clinical Hospital No1, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Vinokurov Ivan A., PhD, Associate Professor of the Hospital Surgery Department, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Moscow, Russian Federation
A.R. PRUDNIKOV, A.N. SHCHUPAKOVA, G.D. KOROBOV
PREDICTING OF REPEATED CARDIOVASCULAR EVENTS WITHIN 1 YEAR AMONG PATIENTS WITH MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION AFTER CORONARY ARTERY STENTING
Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To design the model to predict the recurrent cardiovascular events within 1 year including parameters of the cytokine profile and immune system in patients with myocardial infarction after coronary artery stenting.
Methods. The patients (n=23) with the diagnosis of myocardial infarction, verified according to coronary angiography, electrocardiogram results and biochemical blood test took part in the study. The stent-application procedure of symptom-related coronary arteries was performed in all symptomatic patients. The levels of interleukins 4, 6, 8, 10 and 18, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), vascular adhesion molecule sVCAM-1, immune system parameters (T- and B- cell immunity, IgA, IgG, IgM, phagocytic number, phagocytic index of leukocytes, circulating immune complexes), activity of neutrophil elastase and BAPNA-amidase in blood serum were evaluated.
Results. Discriminant analysis with «Classification trees» revealed that age, IL-6 level and IgG could be used as parameters (reference values) for assigning patients to the group of high or low risk of recurrent cardiovascular disease. Thus, patients over 52 years old with IL-6 levels less than 1.19 pg/ml and more than 4.83 pg/ml and IgG levels more than 9.075 g/l are at high risk. An unfavorable outcome is predicted in 100% of cases, favorable – in 80% of cases, and 88.5% is the percentage of correct prognosis. Based on the obtained results of logistic regression using with subsequent ROC analysis of the studied factors, the prediction model includes the age of patients, the level of IL-6, IgG, circulating immune complexes, the number of active T-lymphocytes (CD3+CD4+HLA-DR+), and the phagocytic index of leukocytes AUC of the model (area under the curve) = 0.845 (95% CI 0.645-1.0), sensitivity – 80%, specificity – 90.9% was designed.
Conclusion. The designed model allows predicting the occurrence of recurrent cardiovascular events in patients with myocardial infarction within 1 year after coronary artery stenting.
- The top 10 causes of death 2016. [Elektronnyi resurs]. Inform Biul VOZ [data obrashcheniia: 2019 Noiab 20]. Available from: https://www.who.int/ru/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death (In Russ,)
- Belarus’ – na shestom meste po smertnosti ot serdechno-sosudistykh zabolevanii v mire [Elektronnyi resurs] [data obrashcheniia: 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://thinktanks.by/publication/2017/05/21/belarus-na-shestom-meste-po-smertnosti-ot-serdechno-sosudistyh-zabolevaniy-v-mire.html (In Russ,)
- Set’, kadry organizatsii zdravookhraneniia i zabolevaemost’ naseleniia v Respublike Belarus’ za 2018 god [Elektronnyi resurs]. Nats stat kabinet Resp Belarus’ [data obrashcheniia: 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://www.belstat.gov.by/ofitsialnaya-statistika/solialnaya-sfera/zdravoohranenie_2/publikatsii_3/index_7296/ In Russ,)
- Libby P, Pasterkamp G. Requiem for the “vulnerable plaque”. Eur Heart J. 2015 Nov 14;36(43):2984-87. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehv349
- Plechev VV, Risberg RYu, Buzaev IV, Oleinik BA., Kharasova AF. Ñomplications of percutaneous coronary interventions. Med Vestn Bashkortostana 2016;11(6):102-108. https://mvb-bsmu.ru/files/journals/6_2016.pdf (In Russ.)
- Cassese S, Byrne RA, Tada T, Pinieck S, Joner M, Ibrahim T, King LA, Fusaro M, Laugwitz KL, Kastrati A. Incidence and predictors of restenosis after coronary stenting in 10 004 patients with surveillance angiography. Heart. 2014 Jan;100(2):153-59. doi: 10.1136/heartjnl-2013-304933
- Orekhova IN, Ivanchenko DN, Dorofeeva NP, Martirosov VY, Shlyk SV. Informativeness of markers of systemic infl ammation in patients with stable ischemic heart disease: infl uence of depressive symptoms and restenosis in anamnesis. Med Vestn Iuga Rossii. 2018;9(1):70-79. doi: 10.21886/2219-8075-2018-9-1-70-79(In Russ.)
- Flego D, Liuzzo G, Weyand CM, Crea F. Adaptive immunity dysregulation in acute coronary syndromes: from cellular and molecular basis to clinical implications. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016 Nov 8;68(19):2107-17. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2016.08.036
- Peripheral arterial diseases are «a window into cardiovascular health». European Society of Cardiology. 2017 ESC Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Diseases, in collaboration with the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) – part 1 [Ýëåêòðîííûé ðåñóðñ] [äàòà îáðàùåíèÿ: 2020 Àïð 04]. Available from: https://www.escardio.org/Congresses-&-Events/ESC-Congress/Congress-resources/Congress-news/peripheral-arterial-diseases-are-a-window-into-cardiovascular-health
- Prudnikov AR, Shchupakova AN. Multifocal atherosclerosis is one of the major risk factors that accelerates the development of acute cardiovascular events. Med Akad Zhurn. 2018;18(2):29-42. doi: 10.17816/MAJ18229-42. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35664244& (In Russ.)
- Ibanez B, James S, Agewall S, Antunes MJ, Bucciarelli-Ducci Ñ, Bueno H, Caforio ALP, Crea F, Goudevenos JA, Halvorsen S, Hindricks G, Kastrati A, Lenzen MJ, Prescott E, Roffi M, Valgimigli M, Varenhorst C, Vranckx P, Widimsky P. 2017 ESC guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation. ROS Kardiol Zhurn. 2018;23(5):103-58. doi: 10.15829/1560-4071-2018-5-103-158
- Pryshchepenka VA. Blood serum enzymatic activities for the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of chronic diffuse liver diseases . Vestn VGMU. 2019;18(4):46-59. doi: 10.22263/2312-4156.2019.4.46 (In Russ.)
- Novikov DK, Novikov PD, Yanchenko VV. The methods of T and B-lymphocytes determintion using the particles coupled with monoclonal antibodies. Immunopatologiia, Allergologiia, Infektologiia. 2000;(2):31-33. http://www.immunopathology.com/ru/article.php?carticle=449 (In Russ.)
- Xu H, Zou J, Ye X, Han J, Gao L, Luo S, Wang J, Huang C, Yan X, Dai H. Impacts of clinical pharmacist intervention on the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease: a randomized controlled clinical study. Front Pharmacol. 2019 Oct 8;10:1112. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2019.01112. eCollection 2019.
- Backus BE, Six AJ, Kelder JH, Gibler WB, Moll FL, Doevendans PA. Risk scores for patients with chest pain: evaluation in the emergency department. Curr Cardiol Rev. 2011 Feb;7(1):2-8. doi: 10.2174/157340311795677662
210009, Republic of Belarus,
Vitebsk, Frunze Ave., 27,
Vitebsk State Medical University,
Department of Internal Diseases
tel. +375 029 515-80-15,
Prudnikov Alexander R.
Prudnikov Alexandår R., Assistant of the Department of Internal Diseases, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
Shchupacova Alina N., MD, Professor of the Deparnment of Internal Diseases, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
Korobov Gennadii D., PhD, Associate Professor of the Training Center for Practical Training and Simulation Training, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
E.V. MUSHENKO 1, 2, YU.V. AVDOSYEV 1, O.M. TYSHCHENKO 1, R.M. SMACHYLO 1, 2, YU.V. IVANONA 2
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF VISCERAL PSEUDOANEURYSMS
V.T. Zaycev Institute of general and urgent surgery of NAMS of Ukraine 1,
Kharkov National Medical University 2, Kharkov,
Objective. Optimization of surgical treatment of visceral pseudoaneurysms (PA) by means of using individualized treatment tactics and combined methods for their surgical treatment.
Methods. The treatment results of patients (n=35) with visceral PA are presented in the article. Localization of PA in the splenic artery was detected in 20 patients (57.2%), in the common hepatic artery – in 8 patients (22.8%), in the superior or inferior pancreatoduodenal artery – in 5 cases (14.3%), in the superior mesenteric artery – in 2 cases (5.7%). The asymptomatic course of PA was observed in 17 patients (48.6%), while the remaining 18 patients (51.4%) had a symptomatic course of the disease. Diagnostics of PA localization included traditional methods of medical visualization and angiography, which is used as a diagnostic and treatment procedure.
Results. Complete technical success after endovascular therapy was achieved in 20 patients (57.1%), partial – in 15 cases (42.9%), that required the use of combined interventions. The reasons of technical failure of X-ray operations were associated with the impossibility of intravascular access to the damaged artery or arteries or access to the neck of the PA, the doubt about the organ blood supply that the damaged artery after its endovascular occlusion supports, and with the large size of the PA. Partial success in this case was considered to be a decrease of the intensity of bleeding or temporary hemostasis, which made it possible to perform the intervention from the traditional approach. Morbidity rate was 34.3% (20 patients). Severe complications were identified in 6 patients (17.1%). Mortality rate was 11.4%.
Conclusion. Endovascular interventions should be considered as an option for the first line surgical treatment of patients with visceral PA. In case of technical failure or partial technical success, the combined surgical aid with using of X-ray endosurgical treatment and traditional surgical intervention are required to achieve acceptable results of treatment of these patients.
- Ruhnke H, Kröncke TJ. Visceral Artery Aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms: retrospective analysis of interventional endovascular therapy of 43 aneurysms. Rofo. 2017 Jul;189(7):632-39. doi: 10.1055/s-0043-107239
- Abdelgabar A, d’Archambeau O, Maes J, Van den Brande F, Cools P, Rutsaert RR. Visceral artery pseudoaneurysms: two case reports and a review of the literature. J Med Case Rep. 2017 May 4;11(1):126. doi: 10.1186/s13256-017-1291-6
- Zabicki B, Limphaibool N, Holstad MJV, Juszkat R. Endovascular management of pancreatitis-related pseudoaneurysms: A review of techniques. PLoS One. 2018 Jan 29;13(1):e0191998. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0191998 eCollection 2018
- Schatz RA, Schabel S, Rockey DC. Idiopathic splenic artery pseudoaneurysm rupture as an uncommon cause of hemorrhagic shock. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2015 Apr 13;3(2):2324709615577816. doi: 10.1177/2324709615577816. eCollection 2015 Apr-Jun.
- Awada Z, Al Moussawi H, Alsheikh M. Gastroduodenal Artery Pseudoaneurysm Rupture Post-Billroth II Surgery: Case Report. Cureus. 2019 Jan;11(1):e3833. doi: 10.7759/cureus.3833
- Gamanagatti S, Thingujam U, Garg P, Nongthombam S, Dash NR. Endoscopic ultrasound guided thrombin injection of angiographically occult pancreatitis associated visceral artery pseudoaneurysms: Case series. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2015 Sep 25;7(13):1107-13. doi: 10.4253/wjge.v7.i13.1107
- Varrassi M, Izzo A, Carducci S, Giordano AV, Masciocchi C. Acute-phase endovascular management of an uncommon bleeding peripancreatic pseudoaneurysm. J Radiol Case Rep. 2018 May 31;12(5):12-18. doi: 10.3941/jrcr.v12i5.3285 eCollection 2018 May.
- Dindo D, Demartines N, Clavien PA. Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey. Ann Surg. 2004 Aug;240(2):205-13. doi: 10.1097/01.sla.0000133083.54934.ae
- Guirgis M, Xu JH, Kaard A, Mwipatayi BP. Spontaneous superior mesenteric artery branch pseudoaneurysm: a rare case report. EJVES Short Rep. 2017 Oct 12;37:1-4. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvssr.2017.09.001. eCollection 2017.
- Eftimie MA, Stanciulea OM, David L, Lungu V, Dima S, Mosteanu I, Tirca L, Popescu I. Surgical treatment of splenic artery pseudoaneurysm with digestive tract communication – presentation of two cases. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2017 Mar-Apr;112(2):157-64. doi: 10.21614/chirurgia.112.2.157
- Hewgley WP, Webb DL, Garrett HE Jr1. Migrated embolization coil causes intestinal obstruction. J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2017 Dec 27;4(1):8-11. doi: 10.1016/j.jvscit.2017.11.001. eCollection 2018 Mar.
- Rebonato A, Maiettini D, Krokidis M, Graziosi L, Rossi M. Late migration of a covered stent into the stomach after repair of a splenic artery. J Radiol Case Rep. 2016 Feb;10(2):26-32. doi: 10.3941/jrcr.v10i2.2620
- Branchi V, Meyer C, Verrel F, Kania A, Bolke E, Semaan A, Koscielny A, Kalff JC, Matthaei H. Visceral artery aneurysms: evolving interdisciplinary management and future role of the abdominal surgeon. Eur J Med Res. 2019;24:17-26. doi: 10.1186/s40001-019-0374-9
Kharkov, Balakirev str., 1,
V.T. Zaycev Institute of General
and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine,
the Department of the Hepatic
and Bile Ducts Surgery,
Tel.: +380 67 575-63-75,
Mushenko Evgreny V.
Mushenko Evgrene V., PhD, Senior Researcher of the Department of the Hepatic and Bile Ducts Surgery, V.T. Zaycev Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine, Assistant of the Surgery Department No1, Kharkov National Medical University, Kharkov, Ukraine.
Avdosyev Yury V., MD, Head of the X-ray Surgical Department, V.T. Zaycev Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine, Kharkov, Ukraine.
Tyshchenko Olexander M., MD, Professor, Senior Researcher of the Department of the Hepatic and Bile Ducts Surgery, V.T. Zaycev Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine, Kharkov, Ukraine.
Smachylo Rostislav M., MD, Professor, Head of the Department of the Hepatic and Bile Ducts Surgery, V.T. Zaycev Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine, Professor of the Surgery Department No1, Kharkov National Medical University, Kharkov, Ukraine.
Ivanona Yulia V., MD, Professor of the Surgery Department No1, Kharkov National Medical University, Kharkov, Ukraine.
TRAUMATOLOGY AND ORTHOPEDICS
V.G. BARSUKOV 1, V.P. DEIKALO 2, A.E. GORBACHYOV 3, G.A. KOSHMAN 4
BIOMECHANICAL ANALYSIS OF VALGUS TROCHANTERIC OSTEOTOMY FOR TREATMENT TRANSCERVIAL HIP FRACTURES
Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno 1, Grodno,
Vitebsk State Medical University 2, Vitebsk,
Grodno City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Care 3, Grodno,
Grodno State Medical University 4, Grodno,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To study the influence of rotation angles of a wedge-shaped resected bone fragment of the proximal femur in valgus trochanteric osteotomy, the diameter of the femur in the zone of osteotomy achieved after resection of a bone wedge using mathematical modeling methods.
Methods. The object of the study is a surgical operation of valgus trochanteric osteotomy of the femur. The method of mathematical modeling of changes in axial loads and bending moment acting on the femoral proximal part and diaphysis, as well as the value of vertical and horizontal movements of the center of the femoral head and points of the supporting surface in valgus trochanteric osteotomy of the proximal femur has been designed and used.
Results. Using the designed methods of mathematical modeling of biomechanical aspects of the valgus trochanteric osteotomy, analytical dependences were obtained that allow calculating compressive and bending loads affecting on the proximal and diaphyseal part of the femur, as well as the magnitude of vertical and horizontal displacements of the center of the head and points of the supporting surface during valgus trochanteric osteotomy of proximal part of the femur. Changes in the force and kinematic biomechanical parameters of the femur were calculated for a wide range of rotation angles of the proximal femoral part , and the most frequently encountered in practice the values of specific dimensions (diameter of the femur, lesser-trochanter-to-center-of-femoral-head-distance) were calculated. It was shown that horizontal displacement of the center of femoral head and points of the support surface creates more favorable biomechanical conditions in the zone of unstable fracture and the femoral shaft. Unfavorable displacement of the support surface in the vertical plane, which leads to elongation of the operated limb, can be neutralized by resection of a wedge-shaped femoral fragment.
Conclusion. The designed method and the results of mathematical modeling obtained on its basis make it possible to perform rational preoperative planning of valgus trochanteric osteotomy of the hip.
- Manninger J, Bosch U, Cserháti P, Fekete K, Kazár G. Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures. An atlas. Vienna: Springer; 2007. 312 p. doi.org/10.1007/978-3-211-68585-3
- Said GZ, Farouk O, Said HG. Valgus intertrochanteric osteotomy with single-angled 130° plate fixation for fractures and non-unions of the femoral neck. Int Orthop. 2010 Dec;34(8):1291-95. doi: 10.1007/s00264-009-0885-z
- Kuzyk PRT, Angelini M, Waddell JP, McKee MD, Schemitsch EH. Surgical techniques for the management of proximal femoral fracture nonunions. Oper. Tech Orthop. 2008 Apr;18(2):114-20. doi: 10.1053/j.oto.2008.10.001
- Gavaskar AS, Srinivasan P, Jeyakumar B, Raj RV. Valgus intertrochanteric osteotomy for femur neck pseudoarthrosis: a simple solution to a complex problem that has stood the test of time. Int Orthop. 2020 Apr;44(4):635-43. doi: 10.1007/s00264-019-04353-7
- Varghese VD, Livingston A, Boopalan PR, Jepegnanam TS. Valgus osteotomy for nonunion and neglected neck of femur fractures. World J Orthop. 2016 May 18;7(5):301-7. doi: 10.5312/wjo.v7.i5.301
- Karev DB, Barsukov VG. Biomechanical analysis of òwo point asymmetric screw fiõation with implant for femoral neck fracture. Acta Mechanica et Automatica. 2012;6(4):19-22.
230015, Republic of Belarus,
Grodno, Kurchatov str., 1à ,
Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno,
Department of Technical Mechanics,
tel.: 8 (0152) 410873,
Barsukov Vladimir Georgievich
Barsukov Vladimir G., MD, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Technical Mechanics, Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, Grodno, Republic of Belarus.
Deikalo Valeriy P., MD, Professor of the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Military Field Surgery, Vitebsk State Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus.
Gorbachyov Alexander E., Orthopedic Surgeon of Higher Category of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics, Grodno City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Care, Grodno, Republic of Belarus.
Koshman Gennadiy A., PhD, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Military Field Surgery, Grodno State Medical University, Grodno, Republic of Belarus.
M.A. AKSELROV 1, 2, S.M. PANTELEEV 1, A.V. STOLYAR 2, A.V. MARGARYAN 1, L.V. VIHAREVA 1
CLINICAL ANATOMY, TYPES OF OBLIQUE CONGENITAL INGUINAL HERNIAS AND FEATURES OF LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIORRHAPHY
Tyumen State Medical University 1,
Regional Clinical Hospital No2 2, Tyumen,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To optimize the operation of the extraperitoneal laparoscopic hernia repair in children by LASSO method, using the individual approach to carrying out a ligature depending on the anatomic type of the internal inguinal ring revealed on diagnostic laparoscopy.
Methods. Case histories (n=350) of children, from January, 2018 till May, 2019 were analyzed. There were 256 boys (73,14%) and 94 girls (26,86%). The age of children varied from 1 to 204 months. The operation method in all patients was the modified LASSO technique. The point was to use the original device for implementation of an extracorporeal ligation of the internal inguinal ring. Direct intraoperative data, such as the type of an inguinal ring and duration of operation were evaluated retrospectively.
Results. 545 inguinal rings on the right and on the left (taking into account uni- and bilateral inguinal hernia) were revealed. There are five types of rings: type 1 – with slit-shaped opening, slit shaped; type 2a – with a triangle shaped opening, triangular without peritoneal folds; type 2b – triangular with peritoneal folds; type 3a – oval without peritoneal folds; type 3b – oval with peritoneal folds.
Type 3a was the most common type of ring (n=246). Type 2b (n=45) was the most rare. Implementation of the additional manipulator was carried out in 33 cases, in 22 of them the ring was of 3b type. In these 22 patients (24 inguinal rings) the reduction of mean duration of operation with 39,58±5,82 min. up to 20±5,77 min was obtained.
Conclusion. In laparoscopic treatment of inguinal hernia it is necessary to consider visual structure of an internal inguinal ring. There are five types of them in total: 1, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b. When the internal inguinal ring (3b type) is revealed, it is necessary to introduce an additional trocar for the manipulator that facilitates extra peritoneal carrying out ligature during such operation and significantly reduces intervention duration.
- Umesh AU. Some features of the treatment of inguinal hernias in children. Vestn AGIUV.2011;(2):67–69. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/nekotorye-osobennosti-lecheniya-pahovyh-gryzh-u-detey (In Russ.)
- Takehara H, Ishibashi H, Satoh H, Fukuyama T, Iwata T, Tashiro S. Laparoscopic surgery for inguinal lesions of pediatric patients. In: Proceedings of the 7th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery; Singapore, June 1-4, 2000. ð. 537-42.
- Esposito C, St Peter SD, Escolino M, Juang D, Settimi A, Holcomb GW 3rd. Laparoscopic versus open inguinal hernia repair in pediatric patients: a systematic review. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2014 Nov;24(11):811-18. doi: 10.1089/lap.2014.0194
- Draus JM, Kamel S, Seims A, Rescorla FJ. The role of laparoscopic evaluation to detect a contralateral defect at initial presentation for inguinal hernia repair. Am Surg. 2011 Nov;77(11):1463-66. doi: 10.1177/000313481107701134
- Shalaby R, Ismail M, Samaha A, Yehya A, Ibrahem R, Gouda S, Helal A, Alsamahy O. Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair; experience with 874 children. J Pediatr Surg. 2014 Mar;49(3):460-64. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2013.10.019
- Spakhi OV, Kopylov EP, Pakhol’chuk AP. Laparoskopicheskoe lechenie pakhovykh gryzh u detei. Meditsina Neotlozh Sostoianii. 2016;(1):84-87. http://www.mif-ua.com/archive/article/42349ÎÂ (In Ukr)
- Kimura T, Yamauchi K, Ihara Y, Sawai T, Kosumi T, Yonekura T. Single-site laparoscopic herniorrhaphy using needle instruments for inguinal hernias in children: a novel technique. Surg Today. 2012 Jan;42(1):100-3. doi: 10.1007/s00595-011-0020-9.
- Slalmakhovich VN. Reasonable approach to the surgical treatment of inguinal hernia in children. Sib Med Zhurn (Irkutsk) 2001;24(1):50-52. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/vybor-ratsionalnogo-sposoba-lecheniya-pahovyh-gryzh-u-detey (In Russ.)
- Kozlov YuA, Novozhilov VA, Rasputin AA, Kovalkov KA, Chubko DM, Baradieva PZh, Zvonkov DA, Timofeev AD, Ochirov ChB, Rasputina NV, Us GP, Kuznetsova NN. Treatment of inguinal hernias in children: review of laparoscopic techniques, or history of «hooks and needles». Endoskop Khirurgiia. 2017;23(1):33-43. doi: 10.17116/endoskop201723133-43 (In Russ.)
- brahim MM. Two ports laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in children. Minim Invasive Surg. 2015;2015:821680. Published online 2015 Feb 16. doi: 10.1155/2015/821680
- Helal AA. Laparoscopic single instrument closure of inguinal hernia in female children: A novel technique. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Sep;50(9):1613-16. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2015.05.003
- Li S, Li M, Wong KK, Liu L, Tam PK. Laparoscopically assisted simple suturing obliteration (LASSO) of the internal ring using an epidural needle: a handy single-port laparoscopic herniorrhaphy in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2014 Dec;49(12):1818-20. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2014.09.027
- Kozlov YuA, Novozhilov VA, Rasputin AA., Krasnov P.A. Technology of the single-incision laparoscopic surgery in the treatment of inguinal hernias in infants. Annaly Khirurgii . 2013;(6):31-37. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21474770 (In Russ.)
- Stolyar AV, Akselrov MA, Saharov SP. Congenital inguinal hernia - how to operate? Med Nauka i Obrazovanie Urala. 2016;17(2):111-15. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26283619 (In Russ.)
625027 Russian Federation,
Tyumen region, Tyumen, Melnikayte str., 75, 2
Regional Clinical Hospital No2,
Surgical Unit No1
tel.: +7 92 22 67 52 92,
Stolyar Aleksandr V.
Akselrov Mikhail A., MD, Head of the Pediatric Surgery Department, Tyumen State Medical University, Head of the Surgical Unit No1, Regional Clinical Hospital No2, Tyumen, Russian Federation.
Panteleev Sergei M., MD, Head of the Department of Human Anatomy, Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery, Tyumen State Medical University, Tyumen, Russian Federation.
Stolyar Aleksandr V., Pediatric Surgeon, the Surgical Unit No1, Regional Clinical Hospital No2, Tyumen, Russian Federation.
Margaryan Artur V., MD, Professor of the Pediatric Surgery Department, Tyumen State Medical University, Tyumen, Russian Federation.
Vikhareva Larisa V., MD, Professor of the Pediatric Surgery Department, Tyumen State Medical University, Tyumen, Russian Federation.
V.G. PIACHERSKI 1, 2, L.V. MUZYKA 1
COMPARISON OF EFFICIENCY OF SPINAL ANESTHESIA WITH BUPIVACAINE AND LEVOBUPIVACAINE FOR LOWER EXTREMITY SURGERY
Mogilev Regional Hospital 1, Mogilev,
Vitebsk State Medical University 1, 2, Vitebsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To evaluate efficiency of bupivacaine and levobupivacaine for spinal anesthesia for lower limb surgery.
Methods. Anesthesia indicates in patients undergoing operations on the hip joint, thigh, knee joint. Patients were randomly divided into two groups: in group 1 (1B) spinal anaesthesia with 0.5% bupivacaine 3 ml: (38 patients); in group 2 (2L) – 0.5% levobupivacaine 3 ml (38 patients) was performed. Intrathecal administrations were performed with “Pencil point” needle (24G or 25G caliber) into the intervertebral space L3-L4. Spinal puncture was performed in sitting position on the table. The primary endpoint was the need switching from one drug to another type of analgesia, or the need for additional use of narcotic analgesics, or the use of local anesthesia at the onset or during surgery.
Results. During surgery in 6 patients (15.7%) of group 2L, there was a need to relieve pain by narcotic analgesics (fentanyl) intraoperatively or using local anesthesia. The reliable differences between the groups regarding the need for additional intraoperative analgesia were obtained: p <0.05.
All patients in group 1B developed a complete sensory block within 4 (3; 5) min. In group 2L, the full sensory block developed in 34 patients (89.4%) within 9 (5; 14) minutes; statistically significant differences between the groups were obtained, p <0.05 (p = 0.000001).
The duration of the analgesia period between the groups did not statistically differ and amounted to 242 (212; 270) min in the 1B group, 250 (204; 288) min. in the 2L group, p>0.05.
Conclusion. The research results demonstrated that levobupivacaine has been found to be efficacious (84,3%) compared with bupivacaine in the case of intrathecal administration (equal doses and quantity of both drugs).
Further studies with a large number of patients are necessary in order to determine whether levobupivacaine has been to be equally efficacious as bupivacaine.
- Foster RH, Markham A. Levobupivacaine: a review of its pharmacology and use as a local anaesthetic. Drugs. 2000 Mar;59(3):551-79. doi: 10.2165/00003495-200059030-00013
- del-Rio-Vellosillo M, Garcia-Medina JJ, Abengochea-Cotaina A, Pinazo-Duran MD, Barbera-Alacreu M. Spinal anesthesia for knee arthroscopy using isobaric bupivacaine and levobupivacaine: anesthetic and neuroophthalmological assessment. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:349034, 7p. doi: 10.1155/2014/349034
- Glaser C, Marhofer P, Zimpfer G, Heinz MT, Sitzwohl C, Kapral S, Schindler I. Levobupivacaine versus racemic bupivacaine for spinal anesthesia. Anesth Analg. 2002 Jan;94(1):194-98, table of contents. doi: 10.1097/00000539-200201000-00037
- Alley EA, Kopacz DJ, McDonald SB, Liu SS. Hyperbaric spinal levobupivacaine: a comparison to racemic bupivacaine in volunteers. Anesth Analg. 2002 Jan;94(1):188-93, table of contents. doi: 10.1097/00000539-200201000-00036
- Burke D, Kennedy S, Bannister J. Spinal anesthesia with 0.5% S(-)-bupivacaine for elective lower limb surgery. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 1999 Nov-Dec;24(6):519-23. doi: 10.1016/s1098-7339(99)90042-1
- Fattorini F, Ricci Z, Rocco A, Romano R, Pascarella MA, Pinto G. Levobupivacaine versus racemic bupivacaine for spinal anaesthesia in orthopaedic major surgery. Minerva Anestesiol. 2006 Jul-Aug;72(7-8):637-44. https://www.minervamedica.it/en/journals/minerva-anestesiologica/article.php?cod=R02Y2006N07A0637 [Article in English, Italian]
- Gautier P, De Kock M, Huberty L, Demir T, Izydorczic M, Vanderick B. Comparison of the effects of intrathecal ropivacaine, levobupivacaine, and bupivacaine for Caesarean section. Br J Anaesth. 2003 Nov;91(5):684-89. doi: 10.1093/bja/aeg251
- Singh A, Gupta A, Datta PK, Pandey M. Intrathecal levobupivacaine versus bupivacaine for inguinal hernia surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Korean J Anesthesiol. 2018 Jun;71(3):220-25. doi: 10.4097/kja.d.18.27191
- Dizman S, Turker G, Gurbet A, Mogol EB, Turkcan S, Karakuzu Z. Comparison of two different doses of intrathecal levobupivacaine for transurethral endoscopic surgery. Eurasian J Med. 2011 Aug;43(2):103-8. doi: 10.5152/eajm.2011.23
- Attri JP, Kaur G, Kaur S, Kaur R, Mohan B, Kashyap K. Comparison of levobupivacaine and levobupivacaine with fentanyl in infraumbilical surgeries under spinal anaesthesia. Anesth Essays Res. 2015 May-Aug;9(2):178-84. doi: 10.4103/0259-1162.152148
- Şahin AS, Türker G, Bekar A, Bilgin H, Korfali G. A comparison of spinal anesthesia characteristics following intrathecal bupivacaine or levobupivacaine in lumbar disc surgery. Eur Spine J. 2014 Mar;23(3):695-700. Published online 2013 Nov 9. doi: 10.1007/s00586-013-3082-0
- Elsharkawy RA, Messeha MM, Elgeidi AA. The influence of different degrees of temperature of intrathecal levobupivacaine on spinal block characteristics in orthopedic surgeries: a prospective randomized study. Anesth Essays Res. 2019 Jul-Sep;13(3):509-14. doi: 10.4103/aer.AER_76_19
- Ngan Kee WD, Ng FF, Khaw KS, Tang SPY, Koo AGP. Dose-response curves for intrathecal bupivacaine, levobupivacaine, and ropivacaine given for labor analgesia in nulliparous women. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2017 Nov/Dec;42(6):788-792. doi: 10.1097/AAP.0000000000000657
- Lv BS, Wang W, Wang ZQ, Wang XW, Wang JH, Fang F, Mi WD. Efficacy and safety of local anesthetics bupivacaine, ropivacaine and levobupivacaine in combination with sufentanil in epidural anesthesia for labor and delivery: a meta-analysis. Curr Med Res Opin. 2014 Nov;30(11):2279-89. doi: 10.1185/03007995.2014.946127
212026, Republic of Belarus,
Mogilev, B.Biruli str, 12,
Mogilev Regional Hospital,
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit,
Piacherski Valery G.
Piacherski Valery G., PhD, Head of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Mogilev Regional Hospital, Trainee Teacher of the Branch of the Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimatology with a Course of the Advanced Training and Retraining Faculty and Surgery with a Course of the Advanced Training and Retraining Faculty, Vitebsk State Medical University, Mogilev, Republic of Belarus.
Muzyka Lidziya V., Anesthesiologist-resuscitator of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Mogilev Regional Hospital, Mogilev, Republic of Belarus.
R.E. KALININ, I.A. SUCHKOV, E.A. KLIMENTOVA, A.A. EGOROV
TO THE QUESTION OF THE ROLE OF APOPTOSIS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND RESTENOSIS OF THE RECONSTRUCTION ZONE
Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan,
The Russian Federation
Apoptosis is a model of genetically programmed cell death and the main mechanism that allows to remove the unwanted, old or damaged cells. In both physiological and pathophysiological conditions, various factors, including mechanical forces, reactive oxygen and nitrogen forms, cytokines, oxidized lipoproteins can affect vascular cell apoptosis. The signaling pathway of Fas / Fas- ligand / caspase death, the Bcl-2 / mitochondria family of proteins, the p53 tumor suppression gene, and the c-myc protooncogene can be activated in atherosclerotic lesions and mediate cell death during the development of atherosclerosis. Abnormal expression apoptosis-regulating genes and their dysfunction can weaken or accelerate apoptosis of vascular cells and affect the integrity and stability of atherosclerotic plaques. Further findings of the mechanism that regulates apoptosis can help develop a new treatment strategy for atherosclerosis and its main complication, restenosis of the reconstruction zone. At present, the role of apoptosis indicators in the development of atherosclerosis and its main complications remains unclear. Further study of this problem is required for a deeper understanding of atherosclerosis pathogenesis and restenosis of the reconstruction zone and the development of effective treatment methods.
- Papojan SA, Shhegolev AA, Radchenko AN, Gromov DG, Mutaev MM, Sazonov MJu, Ishevskij AG. Otdalennye rezul’taty jendovaskuljarnogo lechenija porazhenij poverhnostnoj bedrennoj arterii tipov S i D po klassifikacii TASC II. Angiologija i Sosud Hirurgija. 2018;24(1):73-77. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/otdalennye-rezultaty-endovaskulyarnogo-lecheniya-porazheniya-poverhnostnoy-bedrennoy-arterii ( In Russ.)
- Roh JW, Ko YG, Ahn CM, Hong SJ, Shin DH, Kim JS, Kim BK, Choi D, Hong MK, Jang Y. Risk factors for restenosis after drug-coated balloon angioplasty for complex femoropopliteal arterial occlusive disease. Ann Vasc Surg. 2019 Feb;55:45-54. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2018.06.015
- Zhou Y, Zhang Z, Lin S, Xiao J, Ai W, Wang J, Li Y, Li Q. Comparative Effectiveness of endovascular treatment modalities for de novo femoropopliteal lesions: a network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Endovasc Ther. 2020;27(1):42-59. doi: 10.1177/1526602819895996
- Choe N, Kwon DH, Shin S, Kim YS, Kim YK, Kim J, Ahn Y, Eom GH, Kook H. The microRNA miR-124 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by targeting S100 calcium-binding protein A4 (S100A4). FEBS Lett. 2017 Apr;591(7):1041-52. doi: 10.1002/1873-3468.12606
- Havinson VH, Lin’kova NS, Dudkov AV, Djatlova AS. Molekuljarnye markery kaspaza-zavisimogo i mitohondrial’nogo apoptoza: rol’ v razvitii patologii i v processah kletochnogo starenija. Uspehi Sovrem Biologii. 2018;138(2):126-37. doi: 10.7868/S0042132418020023 ( In Russ.)
- Grigor’ev MJu, Imjanitov EN, Hanson KP. Apoptoz v norme i patologii. Med Akad Zhurn. 2003;3(3):3-11. ( In Russ.)
- Varga OYu, Ryabkov VA. Apoptosis: concept. mechanisms of realization. Significance. Jekologija Cheloveka. 2006;(7):28-32. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/apoptoz-ponyatie-mehanizmy-realizatsii-znachenie. ( In Russ.)
- Wang X, Guo Z, Ding Z, Mehta JL. Inflammation, Autophagy, and Apoptosis After Myocardial Infarction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018 Apr 21;7(9). pii: e008024. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.117.008024
- Hockings C, Alsop AE, Fennell SC, Lee EF, Fairlie WD, Dewson G, Kluck RM. Mcl-1 and Bcl-xL sequestration of Bak confers differential resistance to BH3-only proteins. Cell Death Differ. 2018 Mar;25(4):721-34. doi: 10.1038/s41418-017-0010-6
- Alzate JM, Montoya-Florez LM, Pérez JE, Rocha NS, Pedraza-Ordonez FJ. The role of the multi-drug resistance 1, p53, b cell lymphoma 2, and bcl 2-associated X genes in the biologic behavior and chemotherapeutic resistance of canine transmissible venereal tumors. Vet Clin Pathol. 2019 Dec;48(4):730-39. doi: 10.1111/vcp.12805
- Ryzjov SV, Novikov VV. Molecular mechanisms of apoptotic process. Ros Bioterapevt Zhurn. 2002;1(1):27-33. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/molekulyarnye-mehanizmy-apoptoticheskih-protsessov (In Russ.)
- Weber A, Paschen SA, Heger K, Wilfling F, Frankenberg T, Bauerschmitt H, Seiffert BM, Kirschnek S, Wagner H, Häcker G. BimS-induced apoptosis requires mitochondrial localization but not interaction with anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 proteins. J Cell Biol. 2007 May 21;177(4):625-36. doi: 10.1083/jcb.200610148
- Kutuk O, Basaga H. Bcl-2 protein family: implications in vascular apoptosis and atherosclerosis. Apoptosis. 2006 Oct;11(10):1661-75. doi: 10.1007/s10495-006-9402-7
- Fitzgerald TN, Shepherd BR, Asada H, Teso D, Muto A, Fancher T, Pimiento JM, Maloney SP, Dardik A. Laminar shear stress stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis via the Akt pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2008 Aug;216(2):389-95. doi: 10.1002/jcp.21404
- Choi BM, Pae HO, Jang SI, Kim YM, Chung HT. Nitric oxide as a pro-apoptotic as well as anti-apoptotic modulator. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;35(1):116–126. doi: 10.5483/bmbrep.2002.35.1.116
- Chae IH, Park KW, Kim HS, Oh BH. Nitric oxide-induced apoptosis is mediated by Bax/Bcl-2 gene expression, transition of cytochrome c, and activation of caspase-3 in rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Clin Chim Acta. 2004 Mar;341(1-2):83-91. doi: 10.1016/j.cccn.2003.11.009
- Kockx MM, Knaapen MW. The role of apoptosis in vascular disease. J Pathol. 2000 Feb;190(3):267-80. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1096-9896(200002)190:3<267::AID-PATH523>3.0.CO;2-A
- Saxena A, McMeekin JD, Thomson DJ. Expression of Bcl-x, Bcl-2, Bax, and Bak in endarterectomy and atherectomy specimens. J Pathol. 2002 Mar;196(3):335-42. doi: 10.1002/path.1040
- Chen F, Eriksson P, Kimura T, Herzfeld I, Valen G. Apoptosis and angiogenesis are induced in the unstable coronary atherosclerotic plaque. Coron Artery Dis. 2005 May;16(3):191-97. doi: 10.1097/00019501-200505000-00009
- Vladimirskaya TE, Shved IA, Demidchik YE. Ratio of expression of the Bcl-2 and Bax proteins in the atherosclerotic coronary artery wall. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Medical series. 2015;(4):51-55. (In Russ.)
- Miyashita T, Harigai M, Hanada M, Reed JC. Identification of a p53-dependent negative response element in the bcl-2 gene. Cancer Res. 1994 Jun 15;54(12):3131-35. https://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/canres/54/12/3131.full.pdf
- Speir E, Modali R, Huang ES, Leon MB, Shawl F, Finkel T, Epstein SE. Potential role of human cytomegalovirus and p53 interaction in coronary restenosis. Science. 1994 Jul 15;265(5170):391-94. doi: 10.1126/science.8023160
- Bennett MR, Evan GI, Schwartz SM. Apoptosis of rat vascular smooth muscle cells is regulated by p53-dependent and independent pathways. Circ Res.1995;77(2):266-73. doi: 10.1161/01.res.77.2.266
- Jacob T, Hingorani A, Ascher E. p53 gene therapy modulates signal transduction in the apoptotic and cell cycle pathways downregulating neointimal hyperplasia. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2012 Jan;46(1):45-53. doi: 10.1177/1538574411422277
- Fanidi A, Harrington E, Evan G. Cooperative interaction between c -myc and bcl-2 proto-oncogenes. Nature.1992; 359:554-556. doi: 10.1038/359554a0
- De Feo M, Forte A, Onorati F, Renzulli A, Cipollaro M, Cotrufo M, Rossi F, Cascino A. Rat carotid arteriotomy: c-myc is involved in negative remodelling and apoptosis. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2006 Jan;7(1):61-67. doi: 10.2459/01.JCM.0000199779.92967.59
- Farrell KA, Withers SB, Holt CM. C-Myb function in the vessel wall. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011 Jun 1;3:968-77. doi: 10.2741/e302
- Zhu ZR, He Q, Wu WB, Chang GQ, Yao C, Zhao Y, Wang M, Wang SM. MiR-140-3p is Involved in In-Stent Restenosis by Targeting C-Myb and BCL-2 in Peripheral Artery Disease. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2018 Nov 1;25(11):1168-1181. doi: 10.5551/jat.44024
- Lambert DL, Malik N, Shepherd L, Gunn J, Francis SE, King A, Crossman DC, Cumberland DC, Holt CM. Localization of c-Myb and induction of apoptosis by antisense oligonucleotide c-Myb after angioplasty of porcine coronary arteries. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001 Nov;21(11):1727-32. doi: 10.1161/hq1101.098552
- Simons M, Edelman ER, DeKeyser JL, Langer R, Rosenberg RD. Antisense c-myb oligonucleotides inhibit intimal arterial smooth muscle cell accumulation in vivo. Nature. 1992 Sep 3;359(6390):67-70. doi: 10.1038/359067a0
- Guo X, Chen KH, Guo Y, Liao H, Tang J, Xiao RP. Mitofusin 2 triggers vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis via mitochondrial death pathway. Circ Res. 2007 Nov 26;101(11):1113-22. doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.107.157644
- Chien KR, Hoshijima M. Unravelling Ras signals in cardiovascular disease. Nat Cell Biol. 2004 Sep;6(9):807-8. doi: 10.1038/ncb0904-807
- Kalinin RE, Suchkov IA, Pshennikov AS, Slepnev AA. Jeffektivnost’ L-arginina v lechenii ateroskleroza arterij nizhnih konechnostej i profilaktike restenoza zony rekonstrukcii. Vestn Ivan Med Akad. 2013;18(2):18-21. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/effektivnost-l-arginina-v-lechenii-ateroskleroza-arteriy-nizhnih-konechnostey-i-profilaktike-restenoza-zony-rekonstruktsii (In Russ.)
- Spiguel LR, Chandiwal A, Vosicky JE, Weichselbaum RR, Skelly CL. Concomitant proliferation and caspase-3 mediated apoptosis in response to low shear stress and balloon injury. J Surg Res. 2010 Jun 1;161(1):146-55. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2008.11.001
- Kamenz J, Seibold W, Wohlfrom M, Hanke S, Heise N, Lenz C, Hanke H. Incidence of intimal proliferation and apoptosis following balloon angioplasty in an atherosclerotic rabbit model. Cardiovasc Res. 2000 Feb;45(3):766-76. doi: 10.1016/s0008-6363(99)00355-7
- Huang J, Yin H, Leng J, Yao Y, Yao R, Peng T, Li J. Evidence of apoptotic smooth muscle cells in proliferative intima of injured arteries. Chin Med J (Engl). 2000 Jan;113(1):10-13. doi: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0366-6999.2000.01.103
- Perlman H, Maillard L, Krasinski K, Walsh K. Evidence for the rapid onset of apoptosis in medial smooth muscle cells after balloon injury. Circulation. 1997;95(4):981-87. doi: 10.1161/01.cir.95.4.981
- Bauriedel G, Schluckebier S, Hutter R, Welsch U, Kandolf R, Lüderitz B, Prescott MF. Apoptosis in restenosis versus stable-angina atherosclerosis: implications for the pathogenesis of restenosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998 Jul;18(7):1132-39. doi: 10.1161/01.atv.18.7.1132
- Isner JM, Kearney M, Bortman S, Passeri J. Apoptosis in human atherosclerosis and restenosis. Circulation. 1995 Jun 1;91(11):2703-11. doi: 10.1161/01.cir.91.11.2703
- Durand E, Mallat Z, Addad F, Vilde F, Desnos M, Guérot C, Tedgui A, Lafont A. Time courses of apoptosis and cell proliferation and their relationship to arterial remodeling and restenosis after angioplasty in an atherosclerotic rabbit model. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002 May 15;39(10):1680-85. doi: 10.1016/s0735-1097(02)01831-4
- Hassan AH, Lang IM, Ignatescu M, Ullrich R, Bonderman D, Wexberg P, Weidinger F, Glogar HD. Increased intimal apoptosis in coronary atherosclerotic vessel segments lacking compensatory enlargement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Nov 1;38(5):1333-39. doi: 10.1016/s0735-1097(01)01569-8
- Duran X, Vilahur G, Badimon L. Exogenous in vivo NO-donor treatment preserves p53 levels and protects vascular cells from apoptosis. Atherosclerosis. 2009 Jul;205(1):101-6. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2008.11.016
- Toumpoulis IK, Malamou-Mitsi VD, Michalis LK, Katsouras Ñ, Gloustianou G, Galaris D, Bai M, Vardakas D, Agnantis N, Sideris DA. Apoptosis bcl-2 and nitrotyrosine expression in an angioplasty-restenosis rabbit: an experimental model. Int J Surg. 2007;5(4):260-66. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2007.01.003
- Spiguel LR, Chandiwal A, Vosicky JE, Weichselbaum RR, Skelly CL. Concomitant proliferation and caspase-3 mediated apoptosis in response to low shear stress and balloon injury. J Surg Res. 2010 Jun 1;161(1):146-55. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2008.11.001
- Shibata R, Kai H, Seki Y, Kato S, Wada Y, Hanakawa Y, Hashimoto K, Yoshimura A, Imaizumi T. Inhibition of STAT3 prevents neointima formation by inhibiting proliferation and promoting apoptosis of neointimal smooth muscle cells. Hum Gene Ther. 2003 May 1;14(7):601-10. doi: 10.1089/104303403321618128
- Zhao Z, Huang C, Wang J, Jiang H, Li J, Wang X. Effect of arsenic trioxide on inhibition of restenosis after rabbit vascular injury and its mechanism. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002 Nov;115(11):1608-14. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12609071
- Pshennikov AS, Deev RV. Morphological illustration of alterations in the arterial endothelium in ischemic and reperfusion injuries. Ros Med-Biol Vestn im Akad IP Pavlova. 2018;26(2):184-94. doi: 10.23888/PAVLOVJ2018262184-194 (In Russ.)
- Walensky LD. BCL-2 in the crosshairs: tipping the balance of life and death. Cell Death Differ. 2006 Aug;13(8):1339-50. doi: 10.1038/sj.cdd.4401992
- Shpakova VS, Gambaryan SP, Rukoyatkina NI, Krivchenko AI. High-affinity inhibitor of bcl-xl protein activates protein kinase a in platelets and blocks their activation. Ros Fiziol Zhurn im IM Sechenova. 2018;104(9):1106-15. doi: 10.7868/S0869813918090095 (In Russ.)
390026, Russian Federation, Ryazan,
Vysokovoltnaya str. 9,
Ryazan State Medical University,
the Department of Cardiovascular,
Endovascular, Operative Surgery
and Topographic Anatomy
tel. +7 4912 46-08-03,
Suchkov Igor A.
Kalinin Roman E., MD, Professor, Rector, Head of the Department of Cardiovascular, Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Suchkov Igor A., MD, Professor, Vice-Rector for Research and Innovative Development, Professor of the Departmentr of Cardiovascular, Endovascular, Operative Surgery And Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Klimentova Åmma A., Post-Graduate Student of the Department of Cardiovascular, Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Egorov Andrei A., PhD, Associate Professor of the Departmentr of cardiovascular, endovascular, operative surgery and topographic anatomy, Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
V.V. POVOROZNYUK, N.V. DEDUKH, M.A. BYSTRYTSKA
VITAMIN D IN BONE REGENERATION: FROM EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH TO CLINICAL PRACTICE
D. F. Chebotarev Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev
Vitamin D has a pleiotropic effect, affecting the organs and tissues of the body. It affects the bone tissue by controlling calcium and phosphates homeostasis, as well as by direct affect on the bone tissue cells and their metabolism. The study of bone regeneration under conditions of vitamin D deficiency is under active research. The literature review summarizes the mechanisms of vitamin D action on a bone, the features of bone regeneration and the role of vitamin D deficiency at the stages of regeneration (inflammation, the formation of soft and hard regenerates with its subsequent remodeling). It is noted that the data presented in the literature are fragmented, but make it possible to evaluate vitamin D significance in this complex process. Data from experimental animal studies indicate that in most of the studies, the addition of vitamin D to diet of the animals with experimentally modeled traumatic damage contributed to the formation of full-fledged regeneration. We examined the results of clinical trials in three aspects: the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in patients with a fracture, the role of vitamin D in prevention and the effect of vitamin D preparations on fracture healing. A high percentage of the presence of vitamin D deficiency in patients with impaired consolidation of fragments is shown; however, with regard to the prevention of fracture risk and the treatment of patients with fractures, the data are contradictory, which prompts further research in this direction.
- Marsell R, Einhorn TA. The biology of fracture healing. Injury. 2011 Jun;42(6):551-55. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2011.03.031
- Gorter EA, Hamdy NA, Appelman-Dijkstra NM, Schipper IB. The role of vitamin D in human fracture healing: a systematic review of the literature. Bone. 2014 Jul;64:288-97. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2014.04.026
- Povoroznjuk VV, Pludovski P (red). Deficit i nedostatochnost’ vitamina D: jepidemiologija, diagnostika, profilaktika i lechenie: monogr. Kiev: Izdat. Zaslavskij AJu; 2015. 262 p.(In Russ.)
- Holick MF. Vitamin D deficiency. N Engl J Med. 2007 Jul 19;357(3):266-81. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra070553
- Wacker M, Holick MF. Vitamin D - effects on skeletal and extraskeletal health and the need for supplementation. Nutrients. 2013 Jan 10;5(1):111-48. doi: 10.3390/nu5010111
- Carlberg C. Genome-wide (over)view on the actions of vitamin D. Front Physiol. 2014 Apr 29;5:167. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2014.00167. eCollection 2014.
- Pike JW. Genome-wide principles of gene regulation by the vitamin D receptor and its activating ligand. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011 Dec 5;347(1-2):3-10. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2011.05.012
- Płudowski P, Karczmarewicz E, Bayer M, Carter G, Chlebna-Sokół D, Czech-Kowalska J, Dębski R, Decsi T, Dobrzańska A, Franek E, Głuszko P, Grant WB, Holick MF, Yankovskaya L, Konstantynowicz J, Ksiazyk JB, Księzopolska-Orłowska K, Lewiński A, Litwin M, Lohner S, Lorenc RS, Lukaszkiewicz J, Marcinowska-Suchowierska E, Milewicz A, Misiorowski W, Nowicki M, Povoroznyuk V, Rozentryt P, Rudenka E, Shoenfeld Y, Socha P, Solnica B, Szalecki M, Tałałaj M, Varbiro S, Zmijewski MA. Practical guidelines for the supplementation of vitamin D and the treatment of deficits in Central Europe - recommended vitamin D intakes in the general population and groups at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Endokrynol Pol. 2013;64(4):319-27. doi: 10.5603/ep.2013.0012
- Anderson PH. Vitamin D Activity and Metabolism in Bone. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2017 Oct;15(5):443-49. doi: 10.1007/s11914-017-0394-8
- Saldaña L, Vallés G, Bensiamar F, José Mancebo F, García-Rey E, Vilaboa N. Paracrine interactions between mesenchymal stem cells and macrophages are regulated by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. Sci Rep. 06 Nov 2017, 7(1):14618. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-15217-8
- van Driel M, Koedam M, Buurman CJ, Roelse M, Weyts F, Chiba H, Uitterlinden AG, Pols HA, van Leeuwen JP. Evidence that both 1alpha, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and 24-hydroxylated D3 enhance human osteoblast differentiation and mineralization. J Cell Biochem. 2006 Oct 15;99(3):922-35. doi: 10.1002/jcb.20875
- Takahashi N, Udagawa N, Suda T. Vitamin D endocrine system and osteoclasts. Bonekey Rep. 2014 Feb 5;3:495. doi: 10.1038/bonekey.2013.229. eCollection 2014.
- Christakos S, Dhawan P, Verstuyf A, Verlinden L, Carmeliet G. Vitamin D: metabolism, molecular mechanism of action, and pleiotropic effects. Physiol Rev. 2016 Jan;96(1):365-408. doi: 10.1152/physrev.00014.2015
- Posa F, Di Benedetto A, Cavalcanti-Adam EA, Colaianni G, Porro C, Trotta T, Brunetti G, Lo Muzio L, Grano M, Mori G. Vitamin D Promotes MSC Osteogenic Differentiation Stimulating Cell Adhesion and αVβ3 Expression. Stem Cells Int. 2018 Feb 28;2018:6958713. doi: 10.1155/2018/6958713. eCollection 2018.
- Martineau C, Naja RP, Husseini A, Hamade B, Kaufmann M, Akhouayri O, Arabian A, Jones G, St-Arnaud R. Optimal bone fracture repair requires 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its effector molecule FAM57B2. J Clin Invest. 2018 Aug 1;128(8):3546-57. doi: 10.1172/JCI98093
- Gorter EA, Krijnen P, Schipper IB. Vitamin D status and adult fracture healing. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jan-Mar;8(1):34-37. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2016.09.003
- Ramos M. Vitamin D and fragility fractures. Rev Osteoporos Metab Miner. 2017;9(1 Suppl):40-44. doi: 10.4321/S1889-836X2017000200008
- de Freitas RP, Nunes FP, dos Santos LM, Weckwerth PH, Silveira EMV, Gulinell JL, Santos PL. Influence of vitamin D in bone healing. J. Oral Diag. 2017; 02:e20170014. doi: 10.5935/2525-5711.20170014
- Street J, Bao M, deGuzman L, Bunting S, Peale FV Jr, Ferrara N, Steinmetz H, Hoeffel J, Cleland JL, Daugherty A, van Bruggen N, Redmond HP, Carano RA, Filvaroff EH. Vascular endothelial growth factor stimulates bone repair by promoting angiogenesis and bone turnover. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Jul 23;99(15):9656-61. doi: 10.1073/pnas.152324099
- Hu K, Olsen BR. The roles of vascular endothelial growth factor in bone repair and regeneration. Bone. 2016 Oct;91:30-38. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2016.06.013
- Shah P, Keppler L, Rutkowski J. A review of platelet derived growth factor playing pivotal role in bone regeneration. J Oral Implantol. 2014 Jun;40(3):330-40. doi: 10.1563/AAID-JOI-D-11-00173
- Dumic-Cule I, Peric M, Kucko L, Grgurevic L, Pecina M, Vukicevic S. Bone morphogenetic proteins in fracture repair. Int Orthop. 2018 Nov;42(11):2619-26. doi: 10.1007/s00264-018-4153-y
- Eisman JA, Bouillon R. Vitamin D: direct effects of vitamin D metabolites on bone: lessons from genetically modified mice. Bonekey Rep. 2014 Feb 5;3:499. doi: 10.1038/bonekey.2013.233. eCollection 2014.
- Eschle D, Aeschlimann AG. Is supplementation of Vitamin D beneficial for fracture healing? A short review of the literature. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2011 May;2(3):90-93. doi: 10.1177/2151458511408568
- Hong HH, Chou TA, Yang JC, Chang CJ. The potential effects of cholecalciferol on bone regeneration in dogs. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012 Oct;23(10):1187-92. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0501.2011.02284.x
- Hong HH, Yen TH, Hong A, Chou TA. Association of vitamin D3 with alveolar bone regeneration in dogs. J Cell Mol Med. 2015 Jun;19(6):1208-17. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.12460
- Ray M. Vitamin D and fracture healing: an ongoing puzzle. Int J of Orth. 2019 April 28;6(2):1050-60. doi: 10.17554/j.issn.2311-5106.2019.06.302
- Gorter EA, Krijnen P, Schipper IB. Vitamin D deficiency in adult fracture patients: prevalence and risk factors. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016; 42: 369–378. Published online 2015 Jul 21. doi: 10.1007/s00068-015-0550-8
- Ramason R, Selvaganapathi N, Ismail NH, Wong WC, Rajamoney GN, Chong MS. Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency in Patients With Hip Fracture Seen in an Orthogeriatric Service in Sunny Singapore. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2014 Jun;5(2):82-86. doi: 10.1177/2151458514528952
- Ettehad H, Mirbolook A, Mohammadi F, Mousavi M, Ebrahimi H, Shirangi A. Changes in the serum level of vitamin D during healing of tibial and femoral shaft fractures. Trauma Mon. 2014 Feb;19(1):e10946. doi: 10.5812/traumamon.10946
- Fentaw Y, Woldie H, Mekonnen S, Tsegaye AT. Change in serum level of vitamin D and associated factors at early phase of bone healing among fractured adult patients at University of Gondar teaching hospital, Northwest Ethiopia: a prospective follow up study. Nutr J. 2017 Sep 5;16(1):54. doi: 10.1186/s12937-017-0277-y
- Gorter EA, Krijnen P, Schipper IB. Vitamin D status and adult fracture healing. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jan-Mar;8(1):34-37. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2016.09.003
- Maier S, Sidelnikov E, Dawson-Hughes B, Egli A, Theiler R, Platz A, Staehelin HB, Simmen HP, Meier C, Dick W, Grob D, von Eckardstein A, Bischoff-Ferrari HA. Before and after hip fracture, vitamin D deficiency may not be treated sufficiently. Osteoporos Int. 2013 Nov;24(11):2765-73. doi: 10.1007/s00198-013-2400-z
- Reid IR. Vitamin D Effect on Bone Mineral Density and Fractures. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2017 Dec;46(4):935-45. doi: 10.1016/j.ecl.2017.07.005
- Pourfeizi HH, Tabriz A, Elmi A, Aslani H. Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and secondary hyperparathyroidism in nonunion of traumatic fractures. Acta Med Iran. 2013;51(10):705-10.
- Kolb JP, Schilling AF, Bischoff J, Novo de Oliveira A, Spiro A, Hoffmann M, Amling M, Rueger JM, Lehmann W. Calcium homeostasis influences radiological fracture healing in postmenopausal women. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2013 Feb;133(2):187-92. doi: 10.1007/s00402-012-1650-0
- Doetsch AM, Faber J, Lynnerup N, Wätjen I, Bliddal H, Danneskiold-Samsøe B. The effect of calcium and vitamin D3 supplementation on the healing of the proximal humerus fracture: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Calcif Tissue Int. 2004 Sep;75(3):183-88. doi: 10.1007/s00223-004-0167-0
- Cianferotti L, Parri S, Gronchi G, Civinini R, Brandi ML. The use of cholecalciferol in patients with hip fracture. Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab. 2017 Jan-Apr;14(1):48-53. doi: 10.11138/ccmbm/2017.14.1.048
- Fischer V, Haffner-Luntzer M, Amling M, Ignatius A. Calcium and vitamin D in bone fracture healing and post-traumatic bone turnover. Eur Cell Mater. 2018 Jun 22;35:365-85. doi: 10.22203/eCM.v035a25
- Aguilar Del Rey J, Jódar Gimeno E, Brañas Baztán F, Gómez Alonso C, González Lama Y, Malouf Sierra J, Borrego RS, Segura de la Morena J, Suárez Pérez JA, Valdés Y Llorca C. Is vitamin-D supplementation not useful in patients at risk of fractures and falls? Gynecol Endocrinol. 2020 Feb;36(2):93-95. doi: 10.1080/09513590.2019.1650346
- Bolland MJ, Grey A, Avenell A. Effects of vitamin D supplementation on musculoskeletal health: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and trial sequential analysis. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2018 Nov;6(11):847-58. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(18)30265-1
- Francis R, Aspray T, Fraser W, Macdonald H, Patel S, Mavroeidi A, Schoenmakers I, Stone M. Vitamin D and bone health: a practical clinical guideline for patient management. 2018 Dec [cited 2019 Dec 19]. Available from: https://www.endocrinology.org/media/3593/nos_vitamin_d_and_bone_-health_in_adults_web.pdf
- Burt LA, Billington EO, Rose MS, Raymond DA, Hanley DA, Boyd SK. Effect of high-dose vitamin D supplementation on volumetric bone density and bone strength: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2019 Aug 27;322(8):736-45. doi: 10.1001/jama.2019.11889
- Sanders KM, Stuart AL, Williamson EJ, Simpson JA, Kotowicz MA, Young D, Nicholson GC. Annual high-dose oral vitamin D and falls and fractures in older women: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2010 May 12;303(18):1815-22. doi: 10.1001/jama.2010.594
- Bischoff-Ferrari HA, Dawson-Hughes B, Orav EJ, Staehelin HB, Meyer OW, Theiler R, Dick W, Willett WC, Egli A. Monthly High-Dose Vitamin D Treatment for the Prevention of Functional Decline: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2016 Feb;176(2):175-83. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.7148
- NOGG 2017: Clinical guideline for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis [Electronic resource]. National Osteoporosis Guideline Group. 23 June 2017. Avaiable from: https://www.guidelines.co.uk/musculoskeletal-and-joints-/nogg-osteoporosis-guideline/453250.article
- US Preventive Services Task Force, Grossman DC, Curry SJ, Owens DK, Barry MJ, Caughey AB, Davidson KW, Doubeni CA, Epling JW, Jr, Kemper AR, Krist AH, Kubik M, Landefeld S, Mangione CM, Silverstein M, Simon MA, Tseng CW. Vitamin D, calcium, or combined supplementation for the primary prevention of fractures in community-dwelling adults: us preventive services task force recommendation statement. JAMA. 2018 Apr 17;319(15):1592-99. doi: 10.1001/jama.2018.3185
- Kahwati LC, Weber RP, Pan H, Gourlay M, LeBlanc E, Coker-Schwimmer M, Viswanathan M. Vitamin D, Calcium, or Combined Supplementation for the Primary Prevention of Fractures in Community-Dwelling Adults: Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force. JAMA. 2018 Apr 17;319(15):1600-12. doi: 10.1001/jama.2017.21640
- Rizzoli R, Stevenson JC, Bauer JM, van Loon LJ, Walrand S, Kanis JA, Cooper C, Brandi ML, Diez-Perez A, Reginster JY; ESCEO Task Force. The role of dietary protein and vitamin D in maintaining musculoskeletal health in postmenopausal women: a consensus statement from the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO). Maturitas. 2014 Sep;79(1):122-32. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.07.005
Kiev, Vushgorodskaja str., 67,
D. F. Chebotarev Institute
of Gerontology of the National Academy
of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
the Department of Clinical Physiology
and Pathology of the Musculoskeletal System
tel. +380 97 664-80-65,
Dedukh Ninel Vasilyevna
Povoroznyuk Vladyslav V., MD, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Head of the Department of Clinical Physiology and Pathology of the Musculoskeletal System, D. F. Chebotarev Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine.
Dedukh Ninel V., MD, Leading Researcher of the Department of Clinical Physiology and Pathology of the Musculoskeletal System, D. F. Chebotarev Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine.
Bystrytska Maryna A., PhD, Senior Researcher of the Department of Clinical Physiology and Pathology of the Musculoskeletal System, D. F. Chebotarev Institute of Gerontology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine.
Y.V. PEROV 1, I.S. POPOVA 2, A.V. BYKOV 2
City Clinical Emergency Hospital No25 1,
Volgograd State Medical University 2, Volgograd,
The Russian Federation
Enterocele is a common problem that is usually faced in practice by gynecologists, urologists and coloproctologists. This term in the medical literature refers to one of the disorders of the pelvic floor – a pelvic hernia containing loops of the small intestine. A pelvic hernia is a protrusion of the peritoneum between the rectum and the vagina. The content of the hernia sac can be not only the loops of the small intestine, but also the sigmoid, omentum or does not contain the abdominal organs at all, but in fact only a protrusion of the perineal body. It is difficult to determine the content of the bag during physical preoperative examination, it is only possible to reliably identify the bulge of the rectum in the back wall of the vagina. Thus, «enterocele» is not the preferred terminology. Pelvic floor prolapse is a complex and multifactorial process and enterocele is always accompanied by prolapse of one or more pelvic organs. The problems of treatment of enterocele consist in the correct choice of conservative and operative methods of treatment and their combinations. The purpose of the operation is to restore the normal supporting system of the vagina with a decrease in capacity and preservation of sexual function. Understanding pelvic anatomy, the pathophysiology of the vagina and posterior pelvis, and their role in clinical symptoms is crucial in the diagnosis and treatment of this disease. There are many approaches to surgical treatment of enterocele, and the experience of the surgeon and his preferences determine the choice of treatment method.
- Bordeianou LG, Carmichael JC, Paquette IM, Wexner S, Hull TL, Bernstein M, Keller DS, Zutshi M, Varma MG, Gurland BH, Steele SR. Consensus statement of definitions for anorectal physiology testing and pelvic floor terminology (Revised). Dis Colon Rectum. 2018 Apr;61(4):421-27. doi: 10.1097/DCR.0000000000001070
- Farouk El Sayed R. The urogynecological side of pelvic floor MRI: the clinician’s needs and the radiologist’s role. Abdom Imaging. 2013 Oct;38(5):912-29. doi: 10.1007/s00261-012-9905-3
- Maglinte DD, Bartram CI, Hale DA, Park J, Kohli MD, Robb BW, Romano S, Lappas JC. Functional imaging of the pelvic floor. Radiology. 2011 Jan;258(1):23-39. doi: 10.1148/radiol.10092367
- Harmanli O, Jones K. Posterior Compartment Defects. In: Rock JA, Jones HW, Te Linde RW, eds. Te Linde’s Operative Gynecology. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015. p. 862-85. https://obgyn.lwwhealthlibrary.com/book.aspx?bookid=2242
- Çalişkan E, Özdamar Ö. Should uterus be removed at pelvic organ prolapse surgery: A reappraisal of the current propensity. Pelviperineology. 2017 Mar;36(1):24-32. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316796781_Should_uterus_be_removed_at_pelvic_organ_prolapse_surgery_A_reappraisal_of_the_current_propensity
- Wieczorek P. Magnetic Resonance Imagining. In : Santoro GA Wieczorek P, Bartram CI (eds). Disordes: imaging and multidisciplinary approach to management. Springer, Heidelberg, 2010 435-439
- Kelvin FM, Maglinte DD, Hornback JA, Benson JT. Pelvic prolapse: assessment with evacuation proctography (defecography). Radiology. 1992 Aug;184(2):547-51. doi: 10.1148/radiology.184.2.1620863
- Hock D, Lombard R, Jehaes C, Markiewicz S, Penders L, Fontaine F, Cusumano G, Nelissen G. Colpocystodefecography. Dis Colon Rectum. 1993 Nov;36(11):1015-21. doi: 10.1007/bf02047292
- El Sayed RF. Srednii otdel taza: obshchie svedeniia. V kn: Shaaban AM, Menias KO, Retsvani M, Tabei MS, Faruk el’-Saied R, Vudvord PDzh. Diagnosticheskaia vizualizatsiia v ginekologii. ruk v 3-kh tomakh t: per s angl. Moscow, RF: MEDpress-inform; 2018. Vol. 3. p. 291-293. https://www.mmbook.ru/catalog/akusherstwo-i-ginekologija/109111-detail (In Russ.)
- Karasick S, Karasick D, Karasick SR. Functional disorders of the anus and rectum: findings on defecography. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1993 Apr;160(4):777-82. doi: 10.2214/ajr.160.4.8456664
- Bump RC, Mattiasson A, Bø K, Brubaker LP, DeLancey JO, Klarskov P, Shull BL, Smith AR. The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 Jul;175(1):10-17. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9378(96)70243-0
- Richardson AC. The rectovaginal septum revisited: its relationship to rectocele and its importance in rectocele repair. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 1993 Dec;36(4):976-83. doi: 10.1097/00003081-199312000-00022
- Jorge JM, Habr-Gama A, Wexner SD. Clinical applications and techniques of cinedefecography. Am J Surg. 2001 Jul;182(1):93-101. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9610(01)00660-2
- Kulikovskii VF, Oleinik NV. Tazovyi prolaps u zhenshchin. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media;2008. 255 p. http://www.geotar.ru/lots/Q0007095.html (In Russ.)
- Nichols DH, Randalls CL. Enterocele. In: Nichols DH, Randall CL, eds. Vaginal Surgery. 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins; 1989. ð. 313-27.
- Zimmern PE, Norton PA, Haab F, Chapple CCR, eds. Vaginal surgery for incontinence and prolapse. Springer-Verlag London; 2006. 303 ð. doi: 10.1007/978-1-84628-346-8
- Roos JE, Weishaupt D, Wildermuth S, Willmann JK, Marincek B, Hilfiker PR. Experience of 4 years with open MR defecography: pictorial review of anorectal anatomy and disease. Radiographics. 2002 Jul-Aug;22(4):817-32. doi: 10.1148/radiographics.22.4.g02jl02817
- Pannu HK, Kaufman HS, Cundiff GW, Genadry R, Bluemke DA, Fishman EK. Dynamic MR imaging of pelvic organ prolapse: spectrum of abnormalities. Radiographics. 2000 Nov-Dec;20(6):1567-82. doi: 10.1148/radiographics.20.6.g00nv311567
- Morandi C, Breveglieri B, Moratti C, Verganti L, Torricelli P. Role of enterocoele in obstructed defecation syndrome: proposal of a new radiological and surgical classification. Pelviperineology. 2007;26:161-66. http://cms.galenos.com.tr/Uploads/Article_37187/Pelviperineology-26-161-En.pdf
- Beer-Gabel M, Assoulin Y, Amitai M, Bardan E. A comparison of dynamic transperineal ultrasound (DTP-US) with dynamic evacuation proctography (DEP) in the diagnosis of cul de sac hernia (enterocele) in patients with evacuatory dysfunction. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008 May;23(5):513-19. doi: 10.1007/s00384-008-0440-1
- Fenner DE. Diagnosis and assessment of sigmoidoceles. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 Dec;175(6):1438-41; discussion 1441-2. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9378(96)70087-x
- Kelvin FM, Maglinte DD, Hale DS, Benson JT. Female pelvic organ prolapse: a comparison of triphasic dynamic MR imaging and triphasic fluoroscopic cystocolpoproctography. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000 Jan;174(1):81-88. doi: 10.2214/ajr.174.1.1740081
- Lienemann A, Anthuber C, Baron A, Reiser M. Diagnosing enteroceles using dynamic magnetic resonance imaging. Dis Colon Rectum. 2000 Feb;43(2):205-12; discussion 212-3. doi: 10.1007/bf02236984
- García del Salto L, de Miguel Criado J, Aguilera del Hoyo LF, Gutiérrez Velasco L, Fraga Rivas P, Manzano Paradela M, Díez Pérez de las Vacas MI, Marco Sanz AG, Fraile Moreno E. MR imaging-based assessment of the female pelvic floor. Radiographics. 2014 Sep-Oct;34(5):1417-39. doi: 10.1148/rg.345140137
- Fielding JR. Practical MR imaging of female pelvic floor weakness. Radiographics. 2002 Mar-Apr;22(2):295-304. doi: 10.1148/radiographics.22.2.g02mr25295
- Reginelli A, Di Grezia G, Gatta G, Iacobellis F, Rossi C, Giganti M, Coppolino F, Brunese L. Role of conventional radiology and MRi defecography of pelvic floor hernias. BMC Surg. 2013;13 Suppl 2:S53. doi: 10.1186/1471-2482-13-S2-S53
- Kelvin FM, Hale DS, Maglinte DD, Patten BJ, Benson JT. Female pelvic organ prolapse: diagnostic contribution of dynamic cystoproctography and comparison with physical examination. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1999 Jul;173(1):31-37. doi: 10.2214/ajr.173.1.10397095
- Murad-Regadas SM, Regadas FS, Rodrigues LV, Fernandes GO, Buchen G, Kenmoti VT. Management of patients with rectocele, multiple pelvic floor dysfunctions and obstructed defecation syndrome. Arq Gastroenterol. 2012 Apr-Jun;49(2):135-42. doi: 10.1590/s0004-28032012000200008
- Cundiff GW, Weidner AC, Visco AG, Bump RC, Addison WA. A survey of pessary use by members of the American urogynecologic society. Obstet Gynecol. 2000 Jun;95(6 Pt 1):931-35. doi: 10.1016/s0029-7844(00)00788-2
- Baeßler K, Aigmüller T, Albrich S, Anthuber C, Finas D, Fink T, Fünfgeld C, Gabriel B, Henscher U, Hetzer FH, Hübner M, Junginger B, Jundt K, Kropshofer S, Kuhn A, Logé L, Nauman G, Peschers U, Pfiffer T, Schwandner O, Strauss A, Tunn R, Viereck V. Diagnosis and Therapy of Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Guideline of the DGGG, SGGG and OEGGG (S2e-Level, AWMF Registry Number 015/006, April 2016). Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 2016 Dec;76(12):1287-301. doi: 10.1055/s-0042-119648
- Radzinskii VE, red. Perineologiia. Moscow, RF: MIA; 2006. 336 p. (In Russ.)
- Nichols DH, Randall CL. Enterocele. In: Nichols DH, Randal CL, eds. Vaginal Surgery. 4th ed. Baltimore, MD: Williams and Wilkins; 1996. ð. 344.
- Miklos JR, Kohli N, Lucente V, Saye WB. Site-specific fascial defects in the diagnosis and surgical management of enterocele. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998 Dec;179(6 Pt 1):1418-22; discussion 1822-23. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9378(98)70004-3
- Khirsh Kh, Kezer O, Ikle F. Operativnaia ginekologiia: atlas. Moscow, RF: Geotarmed; 2004. 656 p. https://www.labirint.ru/books/399098/ (In Russ.)
- Milani R, Manodoro S, Cola A, Palmieri S, Reato C, Frigerio M. Transvaginal native-tissue repair of enterocele. Int Urogynecol J. 2018 Nov;29(11):1705-7. doi: 10.1007/s00192-018-3686-3
- Kapoor S, Sivanesan K, Robertson JA, Veerasingham M, Kapoor V. Sacrospinous hysteropexy: review and meta-analysis of outcomes. Int Urogynecol J. 2017 Sep;28(9):1285-94. doi: 10.1007/s00192-017-3291-x
- Meriwether KV, Antosh DD, Olivera CK, Kim-Fine S, Balk EM, Murphy M, Grimes CL, Sleemi A, Singh R, Dieter AA, Crisp CC, Rahn DD. Uterine preservation vs hysterectomy in pelvic organ prolapse surgery: a systematic review with meta-analysis and clinical practice guidelines. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Aug;219(2):129-46.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2018.01.018
- Shkarupa D, Kubin N, Shapovalova E, Zaytseva A. The resurrection of sacrospinous fixation: unilateral apical sling hysteropexy. Int Urogynecol J. 2020 Feb;31(2):351-57. doi: 10.1007/s00192-019-03964-3
- Zhu Q, Shu H, Du G, Dai Z. Impact of transvaginal modified sacrospinous ligament fixation with mesh for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse-before and after studies. Int J Surg. 2018 Apr;52:40-43. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2018.02.021
- Ghoniem G, Hammett J. Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery practice patterns: IUGA member survey. Int Urogynecol J. 2015 Oct;26(10):1489-94. doi: 10.1007/s00192-015-2734-5
- Slopnick EA, Petrikovets A, Sheyn D, Kim SP, Nguyen CT, Hijaz AK. Surgical trends and patient factors associated with the treatment of apical pelvic organ prolapse from a national sample. Int Urogynecol J. 2019 Apr;30(4):603-609. doi: 10.1007/s00192-018-3769-1
- Moschowitz AV. The pathogenesis, anatomy, and cure of the prolapse of the rectum. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1912;15:7-21. https://academyofpelvicsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/moschcowitz-1912.pdf
- Paraiso MF, Falcone T, Walters MD. Laparoscopic surgery for enterocele, vaginal apex prolapse and rectocele. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 1999;10(4):223-29. doi: 10.1007/s001920050050
- McCall ML. Posterior culdeplasty; surgical correction of enterocele during vaginal hysterectomy; a preliminary report. Obstet Gynecol. 1957 Dec;10(6):595-602. https://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Citation/1957/12000/Posterior_Culdeplasty__Surgical_correction_of.1.aspx
- Kong W, Cheng X, Xiong G. A Posterior approach to laparoscopic sacrospinous ligament suspension. JSLS. 2018 Apr-Jun;22(2):e2017.00105. doi: 10.4293/JSLS.2017.00105
- Spelzini F, Frigerio M, Manodoro S, Interdonato ML, Cesana MC, Verri D, Fumagalli C, Sicuri M, Nicoli E, Polizzi S, Milani R. Modified McCall culdoplasty versus Shull suspension in pelvic prolapse primary repair: a retrospective study. Int Urogynecol J. 2017 Jan;28(1):65-71. doi: 10.1007/s00192-016-3016-6
- Maher C, Feiner B, Baessler K, Schmid C. Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Apr 30;(4):CD004014. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004014.pub5
- Biler A, Ertas IE, Tosun G, Hortu I, Turkay U, Gultekin OE, Igci G. Perioperative complications and short-term outcomes of abdominal sacrocolpopexy, laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, and laparoscopic pectopexy for apical prolapse. Int Braz J Urol. 2018 Sep-Oct;44(5):996-4. doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2017.0692
- Filimonov VB, Vasin RV, Vasina IV. Pectopexie as a method of a correction of an apical prolapse of genitalia. Eksperim i Klin Urologiia. 2019;(4):130-33. doi: 10.29188/2222-8543-2019-11-4-130-133 (In Russ.)
- Astepe BS, Karsli A, KÖleli I, Aksakal OS, Terzi H, Kale A. Intermediate-term outcomes of laparoscopic pectopexy and vaginal sacrospinous fi xation: a comparative study. Int Braz J Urol. 2019 Sep-Oct;45(5):999-7. doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2019.0103
- Zbar AP, Wexner SD. Coloproctology. SpringerVerlag Specialist Surgery Series. London, UK: Springer-Verlag London Limited; 2010. 221 p.
- Strizhakov AN, Kosachenko AG, Davydov AI. Genital hernias. the current state of the problem. Vopr Ginekologii, Akusherstva i Perinatologii. 2016;15(1):58-64. doi: 10.20953/1726-1678-2016-1-58-64 (In Russ.)
400131, Russian Federation,
Volgograd, sq. Pavshikh Boytsov 1,
Volgograd State Medical University,
the Department of Surgical
Diseases and Neurosurgery,
tel. office +7 (8442) 59-55-64,
Perov Yurii V.
Perov Yurii V., PhD, Coloproctologist, City Clinical Emergency Hospital No25, Volgograd, Russian Federation
Popova Irina S., MD, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Neurosurgery, Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd, Russian Federation
Bykov Alexandr V., MD, Professor, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Neurosurgery, Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd, Russian Federation
A.V. KOLSANOV, S.E. KATORKIN, P.N. MYSHENTSEV, P.M. ZELTER, A.V. KAPISHNIKOV, K.V. ZAGIDULLINA
THE ROLE OF COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY IN PLANNING OPERATIVE TREATMENT OF A PATIENT WITH LYMPHEDEMA OF THE LOWER LIMBS
Samara State Medical University, Samara,
The Russian Federation
A 57-year-old patient was under observation; she had been suffering from the stage IV secondary lymphedema of the lower limbs for 16 years. During the examination, the clinical, laboratory studies, ultrasound scanning, computed tomography with 3D reconstruction and processing according to the “Autoplan” program were used. According to the preoperative examination, the patient underwent sequential partial dermalipofasciectomy operations.
This observation showed that the progressive course of the disease in the patient contributed to the development of a severe form of the secondary stage IV lymphedema with disfiguring deformity and significant dysfunction of the lower limbs. Computed tomography data showed that the density of soft tissues was increased almost throughout the thighs (-80, -93 HU). This indicated the complete replacement of adipose tissue with coarse connective tissue. Fibrous changes spread from the skin to the fascia and were circular. Due to the pronounced deforming edema, the volume of the right lower limb in the patient was 21576 cm3, and 23139 cm3 in the left one. During the operation, the computed tomography data processed using the “Autoplan” program provided a choice of tissue dissection method. In case of fragmented localization of fibrosis with density of -100 to -50 HU, tissue dissection was performed using a monopolar electrosurgical method. In case of widespread fibrosis with density below -50 HU, the optimal method of tissue dissection was mechanical, with consistent use of the monopolar coagulation mode. According to the results of computed tomography after the operation, not only thickness, but also density of the tissues significantly decreased with a tendency to an increase in the values of the Hounsfield index (-95, -105HU).
Qualitative and quantitative indicators obtained by computed tomography using 3D modeling and the «Autoplan» program make it possible to establish indications for surgical treatment, to determine the optimal resection volume, as well as parameters for dissection of pathologically affected tissue, and to ensure control in the postoperative period.
- The diagnosis and treatment of peripheral lymphedema: 2016 consensus document of the International Society of Lymphology. Lymphology. 2016 Dec;49(4):170-84.
- Yudin VA, Savkin ID.Treatment of lymphedema limb (review) Ros Med-Biol Vestn im Akad IP Pavlova. 2015;23(4):145-53. doi: 10.17816/PAVLOVJ20154145-153. (In Russ.)
- Fionik OV, Bubnova NA, Petrov SV, Erofeev NP, Ladozhskaja-Gapeenko EE, Semenov AJu. Limfedema nizhnih konechnostej: algoritm diagnostiki i lechenija. Novosti Khirurgii. 2009;17(4):49-64. http://www.surgery.by/pdf/full_text/2009_4_8_ft.pdf (In Russ.)
- Makarova VS, Vyrenkov YuE. Complete decongestive physiotherapy in lymphedema treatment. Vestnik Limfologii. 2014;(4):10-22. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22790683(In Russ.)
- Badtieva VA, Knyazeva TA, Apkhanova TV. Topical problems of the diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment of lymphedema of the lower extremities. Vopr Kurortologii, Fizioterapii i Lecheb Fiz Kul’tury. 2010;(4):22-24. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15271450 (In Russ.)
- Lu S, Tran TA, Jones DM, Meyer DR, Ross JS, Fisher HA, Carlson JA. Localized lymphedema (elephantiasis): a case series and review of the literature. J Cutan Pathol. 2009 Jan;36(1):1-20. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0560.2008.00990.x
- Boccardo F. An overview of the treatment of primary and secondary lymphatic diseases: the effort of the ESL to put some order. EJLRP. 2017;29(77):1-10. https://www.eurolymphology.org/JOURNAL/VOL29-N77-2017.pdf
- Malinin AA, Sergeev SYu. Radical treatment of deforming forms of elephantia by a phased method of compression and resection and plastic reduction of lymphadematous tissues. Annaly Khirurgii. 2017;22(3):181-86. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30322591(In Russ.)
- Myshentsev PN, Katorkin SE. Tactics in the treatment of lower limb secondary lymphedema. Novosti Khirurgii. 2014;22(2):239-43. doi: 10.18484/2305-0047.2014.2.239 (In Russ.)
443013, Russian Federation,
Samara, Karl Marks pr., 165b,
Samara State Medical University,
the Department and Clinic
of Hospital Surgery
Tel. +7 927 206-71-02,
Katorkin Sergei Evgenyevich
Kolsanov Alexandr V., MD, Professor of RAS, Rector, Head of the Department of Operative Surgery and Clinical Anatomy with the Course of Innovative Technologies, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
Katorkin Sergei E., MD, Associate Professor, Head of the Department and Clinic of Hospital Surgery, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
Myshentsev Pavel N., PhD, Associate Professor of the Hospital Surgery Deparment, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
Zelter Pavel M., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Radiation Diagnostics and Radiation Therapy with the Course of Medical Informatics, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
Kapishnikov Alexandr V., MD, Head of the Department of Radiation Diagnostics and Radiation Therapy with the Course of Medical Informatics, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
Zagidullina Ksenia V., Clinical Resident, the Deparment of Radiation Diagnostics and Radiation Therapy with the Course of Medical Informatics, Samara State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Samara, Russian Federation.
V.A. PODKAMENNIY 1, 2, A.A. SHARAVIN 1, Y.V. ZHELTOVSKY 1, 2, 3, A.V. VYRUPAEV 1, S.V. IMSYROV 1
SHOTGUN PELLET EMBOLISM TO THE GREAT SAPHENOUS VIEN
Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital 1,
Irkutsk Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education 2,
Irkutsk State Medical University 3, Irkutsk,
The Russian Federation
A gunshot wound is the main type of injury during combat operations. In peacetime, it is relatively rare and can be the result of criminal incidents or hunting accidents. In this clinical case, the pellet embolism due to the sacrum gunshot wound is described. The pellet from the inferior Vena cava or iliac vein retrograde under its own weight descended into the femoral and then into the large saphenous vein of the thigh, where it stopped thanks to the valves. For 21 years after the injury and embolism of the great saphenous vein of the thigh, the patient made no complaints. The presence of pellet in the vein was a godsend for mammarocoronary bypass surgery for the coronary heart disease. A fragment of the large saphenous vein of the femur on the right thigh was isolated endoscopically. When processing the vein, two pellets with obliteration of the lumen were found. Publications on intravascular embolism by pellet or bullet after gunshot trauma are rare. Embolisms can be observed in both the arterial and venous systems. According to the authors, venous embolisms are less common than arterial ones. Due to the small number of publications, this clinical case is of interest.
- Greaves N. Gunshot bullet embolus with pellet migration from the left brachiocephalic vein to the right ventricle: a case report. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2010 Jun 20;18:36. doi: 10.1186/1757-7241-18-36
- Huebner S, Ali S. Bilateral shotgun pellet pulmonary emboli. J Radiol Case Rep. 2012 Apr;6(4):1-10. doi: 10.3941/jrcr.v6i4.940
- Bakan S, Korkmazer B, Baş A, Şimşek O, Barman HA, Çebi Olgun D. Embolism of a pellet after shotgun injury: From liver to right ventricle. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2016 Jul;22(4):395-98. doi: 10.5505/tjtes.2015.32470
- Vedelago J, Dick E, Thomas R, Jones B, Kirmi O, Becker J, Alavi A, Gedroyc W. Look away: arterial and venous intravascular embolisation following shotgun injury. J Trauma Manag Outcomes. 2014 Nov 15;8:19. doi: 10.1186/1752-2897-8-19. eCollection 2014.
- Dada MA, Loftus IA, Rutherfoord GS. Shotgun pellet embolism to the brain. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 1993 Mar;14(1):58-60. doi: 10.1097/00000433-199303000-00014
- Fisk RL, Addetia A, Gelfand ET, Brooks CH, Dvorkin J. Missile migration from lung to heart with delayed systemic embolization. Chest. 1977 Oct;72(4):534-35. doi: 10.1378/chest.72.4.534
- Hussein N, Rigby J, Abid Q. Bullet embolus to the right ventricle following shotgun wound to the leg. BMJ Case Rep. 2012 Dec 14;2012. pii: bcr2012007471. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2012-007471
- Schurr M, McCord S, Croce M. Paradoxical bullet embolism: case report and literature review. J Trauma. 1996 Jun;40(6):1034-36. doi: 10.1097/00005373-199606000-00034
- Decker HR. Foreign bodies in the heart and pericardium: should they be removed? J Thorac Surg. 1939 Oct;9(1):62-79. doi: 10.1016/S0096-5588(20)32043-2
664049, Russian Federation,
Irkutsk, mcr. Yubileynyiy, 100,
Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital,
the Cardiac Surgery Unit No1,
tel. mobile: +7 950 125-63-90,
Sharavin Anatoliy A.l
Podkamenniy Vladimir A., MD, Professor of the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Cardiac Surgery Unit No1, Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Irkutsk, Russian Federation.
Sharavin Anatoliy A., Cardiovascular Surgeon, Cardiac Surgery Unit No1, Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Irkutsk, Russian Federation.
Zheltovskyi Yurii V., MD, Professor of the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Cardiac Surgery Unit No1, Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Irkutsk, Russian Federation.
Vyrupaev Alexei V., Cardiologist, Cardiac Surgery Unit No1, Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Irkutsk, Russian Federation.
Imsyrov Sergei V., Anesthesiologist, Cardiac Surgery Unit No1, Irkutsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Irkutsk, Russian Federation.
EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE
V.I. RUSIN, K.YE. RUMIANTSEV, V.V. RUSIN, V.V. MASHURA
GASTROJEJUNODUODENOSTOMY IN PROPHYLAXIS AND TREATMENT OF DUODENAL STUMP LEAKAGE AFTER PREVIOUS DISTAL GASTRECTOMY DUE TO PEPTIC ULCER
Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod,
Objective. To evaluate the clinical efficacy of gastrojejunoduodenostomy for the repair of a «difficult» or incompetent duodenal stump after gastrectomy.
Methods. The experience of gastrojejunoduodenostomy application after distal gastrectomy for peptic ulcer is represented in the paper. Gastroenoduodenostomy was performed using a small intestine loop, isolated according to Roux, on which a gastrojejunoanastomosis was first applied according to the “end-to-end” or “side-to-side” type, and then duodenojejunostomy “end of the duodenal stump-in-side Roux” was performed. 5 consequent clinical cases of the gastrojejunostomy application for the period of 2018-2019 are described. All patients were male, aged 51 to 68 years. In 3 patients gastrojejunoduodenostomy was performed after the previous operation, and in 2 patients – initially, due to the impossibility of the duodenal stump primary closure.
Results. In the early postoperative period complications occurred in 2 patients: bilateral deep vein thrombosis of the lower limbs and postoperative wound suppuration. The patient with suppuration died due to progression of chronic heart failure 27 days after surgery.
Conclusion. The positive aspects of the gastrojejunoduodenostomy are: universality – the possibility of application both in case of «difficult» stump, and in case of its incompetence treatment; simplicity – the surgeon only cuts and creates anastomoses without any plasty or cutouts, etc.; applicability for «low» and juxtapapillary ulcers – suturing of the small intestine to the stump which is possible even along 1 mm wide edge of the mucous membrane; applicability in the absence of the anterior wall of the duodenum – after previously applied Finney and Jaboulay pyloroplasty, after the Judd’ excision of the perforated ulcer; plastic properties – the use of a well-perfused loop of the small intestine to close a defect with inflamed edges is akin to a skin flap transplantion onto a wound; decompression of the duodenum; reduodenization of food passage.
- Ali BI, Park CH, Song KY. Outcomes of non-operative treatment for duodenal stump leakage after gastrectomy in patients with gastric cancer. J Gastric Cancer. 2016 Mar;16(1):28-33. doi: 10.5230/jgc.2016.16.1.28
- Cozzaglio L, Giovenzana M, Biffi R, Cobianchi L, Coniglio A, Framarini M, Gerard L, Gianotti L, Marchet A, Mazzaferro V, Morgagni P, Orsenigo E, Rausei S, Romano F, Rosa F, Rosati R, Roviello F, Sacchi M, Morenghi E, Quagliuolo V. Surgical management of duodenal stump fistula after elective gastrectomy for malignancy: an Italian retrospective multicenter study. Gastric Cancer. 2016 Jan;19(1):273-79. doi: 10.1007/s10120-014-0445-0
- Ramos MFKP, Pereira MA, Barchi LC, Yagi OK, Dias AR, Szor DJ, Zilberstein B, Ribeiro-Júnior U, Cecconello I. Duodenal fistula: The most lethal surgical complication in a case series of radical gastrectomy. Int J Surg. 2018 May;53:366-70. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2018.03.082
- Zizzo M, Ugoletti L, Manzini L, Castro Ruiz C, Nita GE, Zanelli M, De Marco L, Besutti G, Scalzone R, Sassatelli R, Annessi V, Manenti A, Pedrazzoli C. Management of duodenal stump fistula after gastrectomy for malignant disease: a systematic review of the literature. BMC Surg. 2019 May 28;19(1):55. doi: 10.1186/s12893-019-0520-x
- Vashist YK, Yekebas EF, Gebauer F, Tachezy M, Bachmann K, König A, Kutup A, Izbicki JR. Management of the difficult duodenal stump in penetrating duodenal ulcer disease: a comparative analysis of duodenojejunostomy with “classical” stump closure (Nissen-Bsteh). Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2012 Dec;397(8):1243-49. doi: 10.1007/s00423-012-0990-0
- Tarasenko SV, Zaitsev OV, Kochukov VP, Kopeikin AA, Natal’skii AA, Bogomolov AIu. Khirurgiia oslozhnennoi iazvennoi bolezni: monogr [Elektronnyi resurs]. Moscow, RF: Prospekt; 2015. 102 p. Rezhim dostupa: https://rucont.ru/efd/632802 (In Russ.)
- Burch JM, Cox CL, Feliciano DV, Richardson RJ, Martin RR. Management of the difficult duodenal stump. Am J Surg. 1991 Dec;162(6):522-26. doi: 10.1016/0002-9610(91)90102-j
- Kutlu OC, Garcia S, Dissanaike S. The successful use of simple tube duodenostomy in large duodenal perforations from varied etiologies. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2013;4(3):279-82. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2012.11.025
- Cukingnan RA Jr, Culliford AT, Worth MH Jr. Surgical correction of a lateral duodenal fistula with the Roux-Y technique: report of a case. J Trauma. 1975 Jun;15(6):519-23. doi: 10.1097/00005373-197506000-00012
- Chung RS, DenBesten L. Duodenojejunostomy in gastric operations for postbulbar duodenal ulcer. Arch Surg. 1976 Sep;111(9):955-57. doi: 10.1001/archsurg.1976.01360270027004
- Blouhos K, Boulas KA, Konstantinidou A, Salpigktidis II, Katsaouni SP, Ioannidis K, Hatzigeorgiadis A. Early rupture of an ultralow duodenal stump after extended surgery for gastric cancer with duodenal invasion managed by tube duodenostomy and cholangiostomy. Case Rep Surg. 2013;2013:430295. doi: 10.1155/2013/430295
- Wu X, Zen D, Xu S, Zhang L, Wang P. A modified surgical technique for the emergent treatment of giant ulcers concomitant with hemorrhage in the posterior wall of the duodenal bulb. Am J Surg. 2002 Jul;184(1):41-44. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9610(02)00889-9
- Isik B, Yilmaz S, Kirimlioglu V, Sogutlu G, Yilmaz M, Katz D. A life-saving but inadequately discussed procedure: tube duodenostomy. Known and unknown aspects. World J Surg. 2007 Aug;31(8):1616-24; discussion 1625-6. doi: 10.1007/s00268-007-9114-3
Kapushanskaya str., 22,
Uzhhorod National University,
The Department of Surgical Diseases.
Tel. +380 (50) 950-95-84,
Rumiantsev Kostiantyn E.
Rusyn Vasyl I., MD, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases, Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
Rumiantsev Kostiantyn E., MD, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases, Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
Rusyn Vasyl V., MD, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases, Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
Mashura Valerii V., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases, Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine.