This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 6
D.A. IONKIN, K.V. SHISHIN, S.S. ANDREENKOV, A.B. SHURAKOVA, O.I. ZHAVORONKOVA, J.A. STEPANOVA
CONGENITAL CYST OF THE ACCESSORY SPLEEN WITH INTERNAL HEMORRHAGE AND RUPTURE THREAT
FSBE “A.V.Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”, Moscow
The Russian Federation
Address for correspondence
The observation case of the complicated course of a cyst in the accessory spleen in 18-year old patient is presented in the article. The results and peculiarities of the preoperative clinical and instrumental examination are given. The technique of the performed laparoscopic removal of the accessory splenetic lobe is described.
The observation is interesting because of rarity of such affections and as a result difficulty in diagnostics. The application of modern diagnostics methods permitted to make diagnosis at the preoperative stage and to reveal the occurred hemorrhage and to prevent possible severe complication. Complicated course of the cyst of the accessory splenetic lobe determined the necessity of an adequate surgical treatment. Modern minimally invasive precise surgical technologies allow solving this problem rather quickly and simply, providing a good cosmetic effect.
There have been no presented observations in the literature up to present of cysts in the accessory splenetic lobe located in the organ port above the splenetic stem and pancreatic bottom with a complicated course.
- Meyer T, Maier M, Holler S, Fein M. Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: a differential diagnosis of pancreatic tumour. Zentralbl Chir. 2007 Feb;132(1):73–76.
- Tozbikian G, Bloomston M, Stevens R, Ellison EC, Frankel WL. Accessory spleen presenting as a mass in the tail of the pancreas. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2007 Aug;11(4):277–81.
- Miyayama S, Matsui O, Yamamoto T, Akakura Y, Nishida H, Yamamori S, Minami T, Kozaka K, Mitsui T. Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: evaluation by CT arteriography. Abdom Imaging. 2003 Nov-Dec;28(6):862–65.
- Sels JP, Wouters RM, Lamers R, Wolffenbuttel BH. Pitfall of the accessory spleen. Neth J Med. 2000 Apr;56(4):153–58.
- Izzo L, Caputo M, Galati G. Intrahepatic accessory spleen: imaging features. Liver Int. 2004 Jun;24(3):216–17.
- Orlando R, Lumachi F, Lirussi F. Congenital anomalies of the spleen mimicking hematological disorders and solid tumors: a single-center experience of 2650 consecutive diagnostic laparoscopies. Anticancer Res. 2005 Nov-Dec;25(6C):4385–88.
- Ionicheva OV, Pritulo LF, Shaevskii DV, Amet'ev ER. Perekrut dobatkovoi selezinki [Torsion of accessory spleen]. Khirurgiia ditiachogo viku. 2009;VI(2):71–2.
- Horibe Y, Murakami M, Yamao K, Imaeda Y, Tashiro K, Kasahara M. Epithelial inclusion cyst (epidermoid cyst) formation with epithelioid cell granuloma in an intrapancreatic accessory spleen. Pathol Int. 2001 Jan;51(1):50–54.
- Kanazawa H, Kamiya J, Nagino M, Uesaka K, Yuasa N, Oda K, Arai T, Nishio H, Nimura Y. Epidermoid cyst in an intrapancreatic accessory spleen: a case report. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2004;11(1):61–63.
- Kuriyama N, Sekoguchi T, Saegusa S, Yuasa H, Ido M, Ito F, Yamazaki Y. A case of an epithelial cyst arising in the intrapancreatic accessory spleen. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2006 Dec;103(12):1391–96.
- Dominguez I, Franssen-Canovas B, Uribe-Uribe N, Franco R, Campuzano M, Uscanga LF. Accessory spleen as a differential diagnosis of intrapancreatic tumors. Case report and review of the literature. Rev Gastroenterol Mex. 2007 Oct-Dec;72(4):376–78.
117997, Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, g. Moskva, ul. Bolshaya Serpuhovskaya, d. 27, FGBU «Institut hirurgii im. A.V. Vishnevskogo», otdeleniya khirurgicheskoy gepatologii i pankreatologii,
Ionkin Dmitriy Anatolevich
Ionkin D.A. Candidate of medical sciences, senior researcher of the surgical hepatology and pancreatology department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Shishin K.V. Doctor of medical sciences, senior researcher of the endoscopic surgery department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Andreenkov S.S. Post-graduate student of the surgical hepatology and pancreatology department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Shurakova A.B. Candidate of medical sciences, researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Zhavoronkova O.I. Candidate of medical sciences, senior researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”
Stepanova J.A. Doctor of medical sciences, senior researcher of the radiology diagnostics department of FSBE “A.V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery”.