This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 6
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
Ê.Ì. KURBONOV, K.R. RUZIBOYZODA, S.G. ALI-ZADE
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF PANCREATOGENIC BLEEDINGS
Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe,
The Republic of Tajikistan
Objective. To evaluate the results of providing care to patients with pancreatogenic bleeding.
Methods. The treatment results of patients (n=84) with pancreatogenic bleedings were analyzed. In 73 (86.9%) cases bleedings occurred after direct interventions on the pancreas (n=12) and purulent-septic complications of acute pancreatitis (AP) (n = 61). In 11 (13.1%) cases, bleedings occurred in chronic pancreatitis (CP) complicated by pseudocysts (PC) of the pancreas. Type A bleeding occurred in 42 (50%) cases, type B – in 26 (31%) , and type C – in 16 (19%). The results of the medical care quality were assessed depending on the type and severity of bleeding.
Results. Conservative therapy in 31 out of 42 cases with type A bleeding allowed achieving stable hemostasis. In 12 cases in pancreatogenic bleedings caused by gastric and duodenal ulcers penetrating into the pancreas, the method of the combined endoscopic hemostasis with antisecretory therapy was considered to be effective to achieve hemostasis. In the presence of intraperitoneal postoperative profuse bleedings of type B and C owing to pancreatonecrosis, relaparotomy was performed in 38 cases; the stitching of a bleeding vessel with the pancreas tamponade, sanation and drainage of the abdominal cavity was carried out in 7 cases. 18 lethal outcomes were registered. Resection of the tail pancreas with splenectomy was performed in 4 cases, in 9 cases to achieve hemostasis in bleedings from the pancreatic, the bleeding vessel was sutured with the external drainage and tamponing of the pancreatic pseuodocyst in 6 cases and longitudinal pancreatic jejunal anastomosis – in 3. Lethal outcomes were registered in 2 cases. In 2 cases, X-ray endovascular embolization of the gastroduodenal artery was performed. No morbidity and mortality were registered.
Conclusion. Bleeding accompanied by severe hemodynamic disturbances requires open surgical interventions. X-ray endovascular methods are considered to be effective in the case of bleeding due to acute and chronic pancreatitis and in the postlesional period.
- Pronin NA, Natalskiy AA, Tarasenko SV, PAvlov AV. Fedoseev VA. Surgical technique in patients with chronic pancreatitis. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2017;(12):41-44. doi: 10.17116/hirurgia20171241-45 (In Russ.)
- Evans RP, Mourad MM, Pall G, Fisher SG, Bramhall SR. Pancreatitis: Preventing catastrophic haemorrhage. World J Gastroenterol. 2017 Aug 14; 23(30):5460-68. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v23.i30.5460
- Wei AL,Guo Q, Wang MJ, Hu WM, Zhang ZD. Early complications after interventions in patients with acute pancreatitis.World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Mar 7;22(9):2828-36. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v22.i9.2828
- Kokhanenko NYu, Artem’yeva NN, Zelenin VV, Kashintsev AA, Petrik SV, Glebova AV, Ivanov AL, Vavilova OG, Aletdinov YuV. Treatment of chronic pancreatitis complicated by bleeding. Annaly Khirurgicheskoy Gepatologii = Annals of HPB Surgery. 2017;22(2):20-29. doi: 10.16931/1995-5464.2017220-29 (In Russ.)
- Barge JU, Lopera JE. Vascular Complications of Pancreatitis: Role of Interventional Therapy. Korean J Radiol. 2012 Jan-Feb; 13(Suppl 1):S45-S55. Published online 2012 Apr 23. doi: 10.3348/kjr.2012.13.S1.S45
- Mukhin AS, Otdelnov LA, Simutis IS, Kotova TG. Integrated approach to management of perioperative patients with pancreatic pseudocysts. Kursk Scientific and Practical Bulletin “Man and His Health”. 2015;(2):43-48. https://www.kursk-vestnik.ru/jour/article/view/30 (In Russ.)
- Bykova YF, Solov’ev MM, Merzlikin NV, Dambaev GT, Patkachakova KA. Surgical treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts. Annaly Hirurg Gepatologii. 2016;(4):100-107. doi: 10.16931/1995-5464.20164100-107 (In Russ.)
- DiMaio CJ. Management of complications of acute pancreatitis. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2018 Sep;34(5):336-42. doi: 10.1097/MOG.0000000000000462
- Zerem E, Hauser G, Loga-Zec S, Kunosić S, Jovanović P, Crnkić D. Minimally invasive treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts. World J Gastroenterol.2015 Jun 14;21(22):6850-60. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v21.i22.6850
- Artemjeva NN, Kokhanenko NYu, Petrik SV, Zelenin VV, Levinsky KM. Hemorrhagic complications of chronic pancreatitis. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2012;17(4):41-44. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18635802 (In Russ.)
- Aranda-Narváez JM, González-Sánchez AJ, Montiel-Casado MC, Titos-García A, Santoyo-Santoyo J. Acute necrotizing pancreatitis: Surgical indications and technical procedures. World J Clin Cases. 2014 Dec 16;2(12):840-45. doi: 10.12998/wjcc.v2.i12.840.
- Neledova LA, Mizgiriov DV, Duberman BL. Hemorrhagic complications of pancreatitis in surgical practice. Grekov’s Bulletin of Surgery. 2019;178(1):55-58. doi: 10.24884/0042-4625-2019-178-1-55-58 (n Russ.)
- Wu X, Chen G, Wu W, Zhang T, Liao Q, Dai M, Zhao Y. Management of late hemorrhage after pancreatic surgery: treatment strategy and prognosis. J Int Med Res. 2020 Jun;48(6):0300060520929127. Published online 2020 Jun 5. doi: 10.1177/0300060520929127
- Kriger AG, Gorin DS, Goev AA, Varava AB, Berelavichus SV, Akhtanin EA. Post-pancreatectomy hemorrhage. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii = Annals of HPB Surgery. 2017;22(2):36-44. doi: 10.16931/1995-5464.2017236-44 (n Russ.)
- Goltsov V.R., Savello V.E., Demko A.E., Kulagin V.I., Platonov S.A., Kiselev M.A. Treatment of pancreatic pseudocyst complicated by bleeding. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii = Annals of HPB Surgery. 2017;22(2):12-19. doi: 10.16931/1995-5464.2017212-19 (n Russ.)
- Wang BH, Xie LT, Zhao QY, Ying HJ, Jiang TA. Balloon dilator controls massive bleeding during endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage for pancreatic pseudocyst: A case report and review of literature. World J Clin Cases. 2018 Oct 6;6(11):459-65. Published online 2018 Oct 6. doi: 10.12998/wjcc.v6.i11.459
- Tyberg A, Karia K, Gabr M, Desai A, Doshi R, Gaidhane M, Sharaiha RZ, Kahaleh M. Management of pancreatic fluid collections: A comprehensive review of the literature. World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Feb 21;22(7):2256-70. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v22.i7.2256
- Varadarajulu S, Bang JY, Sutton BS, Trevino JM, Christein JD, Wilcox CM. Equal efficacy of endoscopic and surgical cystogastrostomy for pancreatic pseudocyst drainage in a randomized trial. Gastroenterology. 2013 Sep;145(3):583-90.e1. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2013.05.046
734003, Republic of Tajikistan,
Dushanbe, Rudaki Av.,139.
Avicenna Tajik State Medical University,
the Department of Surgical Diseases No1,
tel.: +992 934054404
Ruziboyzoda Kahramon R.
Kurbonov Karimêhon M., Academician of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the Republic of Tatarstan, Doctor of Medical Sciences (MD), Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases No1 of Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.
Ruziboyzoda Kahramon R., PhD, Assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases No1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.
Ali-Zade Sukhrob G, PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases No1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.