This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2010 Vol. 18 No 2
YANUSHKEVICH S.V., SREBNY A.YU., VIKMANIS U.E., YANUSHKEVICH V.YU.
THE RESULTS OF ORGAN-CONSERVING SURGERIES IN COMBINATION WITH BIOPSY OF THE SENTINEL LYMPH NODES IN THE MULTIMODAL TREATMENT OF BREAST CANCER
The multimodal treatment results of 176 patients with the primary early breast cancer (BC) patients, who underwent in 89 cases breast conserving surgery (BCS) combined with the sentinel lymph nodes biopsy (SLNB) and in 87 (control group) with the axillary lymph nodes dissection (ALND) were analyzed. For 11 (12,4%) cases with SLN metastasis and in 33 (37,1%) without them, the standard ALND was performed, but 45 (50,6%) patients with the negative SLN were treated without a standard ALND. Correlation between the tumor size and prognostic factors with the status of axillary lymph-collector was registered. Postoperative complications (wound infection, haematoma, lymph discharge, seroma formation, lymphedema and shoulder disfunction) were marked in ALND groups in 61,4% and 63,2% of patients, but after SLNB without ALND – 8,8%. Local recurrences (6,8%) detected in 5 (5,6%) cases in SLNB group and 7 (8,0%) in control group. 5-year overall survival was 93,4% in case group, but 94,8% for controls.
- McManus, F. Acute dislocation of the patella in children. The natural history / F. McManus, M. Rang,
- D. J. Heslin // Clin. Orthop. – 1979. – Vol. 139. – P. 88-91.
- Smillie, I. S. Injuries of the knee joint / I. S. Smillie. – Churchill-Livingstorne, 1978. – 360 p.
- Matthewson, M. D. Osteochondral fractures of the lateral femoral condyle: A result of indirect violence to the knee / M. D. Matthewson, D. J. Dandy // J. Bone Joint Surg. – 1978. – Vol. 60. – P. 199-200.
- Roberts, J. M. Fractures and dislocation of the knee / J. M. Roberts. – Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1984. – 954 p.
- Mink, J. H. Occult cartilage and bone injuries of the knee: detection, classification, and assessment with MR imaging / J. H. Mink, A. L. Deutsch // Radiology. – 1989. – Vol. 170. – 823 p.
- The role of computed tomography in the management of osteochondral grafts / M. Roffman [et al.] // Clin. Orthop. – 1982. – Vol. 166. – P. 112-116.
- Ziv, I. The role of arthroscopy in children / I. Ziv, N. C. Carroll // J. Pediatr. Orthop. – 1982. – Vol. 2. – P. 243-247.
- Statitski, C. L. Observations on acute knee hemarthrosis in children and adolescents / C. L. Statitski, J. C. Harvell, F. Fu // J. Pediatr. Orthop. – 1993. – Vol. 13. – P. 506-510.
- Greve, H. Refutation osteochondraler fragmente durch resorbierbare Kunststoffstifte / H. Greve, J. Holste // Aktuelle Traumatol. – 1985. – Vol. 15. – P. 145-149.
- Rockwood, C. A. J. R. Fractures in children / C. A. J. R. Rockwood, K. E. Wilcins, R. E. King. – Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1984. – 1136 p.