This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2010 Vol. 18 No 5
PRANOVICH A.A., VOSCHULA V.I., SCHAVELEVA M.V.
SICKNESS RATE DYNAMICS AND ANALYSIS OF THE MAIN TREATMENT METHODS OF BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA IN THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
Objectives. To study occurrence frequency of the benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in the Republic of Belarus and to perform the analysis of the main methods of treatment application to treat the given pathology during the period of 1997-2008 years.
Methods. Analysis of BPH occurrence frequency in the Republic of Belarus was carried out. A special protocol was worked out in which patient’s age, diagnosis, kind of operative intervention were taken into consideration.
Results. At present BPH is one of the most distributed diseases among elderly and old age men. The amount of patients with the pathology mentioned above is increasing progressively in every region in particular and in the Republic in general. The quantity of BPH operations at in-hospital departments in the Republic has increased by 24% since 1997. 3574 patients have been operated on in 1997, whereas this number has increased up to 4708 in 2008. The situation of a considerable (more than twice) increase during the analyzed period of the performed cystostomies must be regarded as a problematic one. 784 and 1582 cystostomies were done in 1997 and 2008 correspondingly at the hospitals of the country. Their part has increased from 22% (1997) to 33.6 (2008) in general operations number.
Conclusions. At present on the background of a considerable increase of frequency occurrence of BPH among the population the problem of searching for new optimal ways of BPH patients treatment still remains unsolved.
- Римашевская, Н. М. Население и глобализация / Н. М. Римашевская, В. Ф. Галецкий, А. А. Овсянников. – М.: Наука. – 2002. – 24 с.
- Здравоохранение в Республике Беларусь: офиц. стат. сб. за 1985 г. – Минск: ГУ РНМБ, 1986. – 36 с.
- Здравоохранение в Республике Беларусь: офиц. стат. сб. за 2008 г. – Минск: ГУ РНМБ, 2009. – 40 с.
- Emberton, M. BPH. A progressive disease of the ageing male / M. Emberton [et al.] // Urology. – 2003. – N 13. – P. 267-273.
- (BPH) Benign prostatic hyperplasia. A progressive disease of the ageing male / P. Boyle [et al.] // Urology. – 2003. – N 61. – P. 267-273.
- Пушкарь, Д. Ю. Современный алгоритм обследования и лечения больных аденомой предстательной железы / Д. Ю. Пушкарь, П. И. Раснер // Урология. – 2007. – № 3. – С. 87-94.
- Гориловский, Л. М. Эпидемиология, факторы риска и биологическое течение доброкачественной гиперплазии предстательной железы / Л. М. Гориловский. – М., 1999. – 12 с.
- Lower urinary tract symptoms suggestive of benign prostatic obstruction: Triumph – the role of general practice data-bases/ J. W. Logic [et al.] // Eur. Urol. – Suppl. 3. – 2001. – N 24. – P. 42-47.
- The natural history of lower urinary tract dysfunction in men: minimum 10-year urodynamic followup of transurethral resection of prostate for bladder outlet obstruction / A. W. Thomas [et al.] // J. Urol. – 2005. – N 6. – P. 91.