This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 2
V.E. KORYK 1, A.P. TRUKHAN 1, S.A. ZHIDKOV 2, D.A. KLYUYKO 1
DIRECT OXIMETRY AT EXPERIMENTAL ILEUS
EE “Belarusian State Medical University”1,
Military-Medical administration of the Ministry of defense 2, g. Minsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To study possibilities of the direct oximetry application to estimate viability of the intestinal wall at acute ileus.
Methods. The research is based on the result analysis of the direct oximetry of the small intestine afferent loop in 18 guinea pigs with the experimental ileus.
Results. Correlation between the oxygen content in the small intestine wall and distance up to the level of obstruction in case of an acute ileus was revealed. Sufficient oxygen supply with its disturbed utilization was noted on the intestine sections in the direct proximity from the mechanical obstruction during the first day of ileus development. Though, if the obstruction for the intestinal content passage remains, the given parameter quickly returns to its usual values and continues to decrease progressively, testifying to the development of rough ischemic damage of the intestinal wall. The stationary level of the partial oxygen pressure remains practically unchanged during the first two days of the disease on more distant sections from the level of obstruction; though further development of the intestinal wall ischemia occurs as the result of overdistention and exhaustion of compensatory mechanisms. On the sufficiently distant sections of the intestine stationary oxygen level didn’t change remarkably during three days from the moment of the disease development; this fact once again proves a clear correlation of changes in the intestinal wall and distance to the obstruction level and time passed from the pathological process onset.
Conclusions. Direct oximetry is an objective, non-invasive method letting estimate tissue respiration in the organs and tissues which suffer from microcirculation disturbance and hypoxia on the distance from the main pathological focus. It can be used during operations to determine the level of the intestine resection and place of anastomosis application.
1. Volkov AN. Ostraia kishechnaia neprokhodimost' [Acute intestinal obstruction]. Cheboksary, RF: Izd-vo Chuvash un-ta; 2007. 88 p.
2. Chernov VN, Belin BM. Ostraia neprokhodimost' kishechnika [Acute intestinal obstruction]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 2008. 511 p.
3. Briskin BS, Khachatrian NN, Savchenko ZI, Poliakov IA. Lechenie tiazhelykh form rasprostranennogo peritonita [Treatment of severe generalized peritonitis]. Khirurgiia. 2003;(8):56–60.
4. Eriukhin IA, Petrov VP, Khanevich MD. Kishechnaia neprokhodimost' [Intestinal obstruction ]. Saint – Petersburg, RF: Piter; 1999. 443 p.
5. Korymasov EA, Korymasov EA, Gorbunov IuV. Printsipy differentsial'noi diagnostiki i taktiki pri ostroi kishechnoi neprokhodimosti [Principles of differential diagnosis and management of acute intestinal obstruction]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2003;162(3):101–106.
6. Shuleiko ACh, Vorobei AV, Khulup GIa. Regionarnaia gemodinamika tonkoi kishki pri eksperimental'noi kishechnoi neprokhodimosti [Regional hemodynamics of the small intestine in experimental intestinal obstruction]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2008;16(1):8–16.
7. Zanoni FL, Benabou S, Greco KV, Moreno ACR, Costa CJWM, Filgueira FP, Martinez MB, Luiz FPF, Mauricio RSPS. Mesenteric microcirculatory dysfunctions and translocation of indigenous bacteria in a rat model of strangulated small bowel obstruction. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2009;64(9):911–19.
8. Miliukov VE, Sapin MR. O patogeneze posleoperatsionnogo peritonita posle ustraneniia ostroi stranguliatsionnoi kishechnoi neprokhodimosti [On the pathogenesis of postoperative peritonitis after removal of acute strangulation intestinal obstruction]. Annaly Khirurgii. 2006;(1):70–71.
9.Bordakov VN. Diagnostika i lechenie intraabdominal'noi infektsii v neotlozhnoi khirurgii [Diagnosis and treatment of intra-abdominal infection in emergency surgery]. Minsk, RB; 2008. 280 p.
10. Zhidkov SA, Korik VE, Kliuiko DA, Titovets EP. Vozmozhnosti primeneniia priamoi oksimetrii dlia otsenki sostoianiia podzheludochnoi zhelezy pri ostrom pankreatite v eksperimente [The direct oximetry to assess the state of the pancreas in experimental acute pancreatitis]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2010;18(3):9–16.
220034, Respublika Belarus', g. Minsk, ul. Azgura, 4, UO “Belorusskii gosudarstvennyi meditsinskii universitet”, voenno-meditsinskii fakul'tet, kafedra voenno-polevoi khirurgii,
Trukhan Aleksei Petrovich
Korik V.E., ñandidate of medical sciences, associate professor, colonel of medical service, a head of military field surgery chair of the military medicine faculty of EE "Belarusian State Medical University."
Trukhan A.P., candidate of medical sciences, major of medical service, an assistant of military field surgery chair of the military medicine faculty of EE "Belarusian State Medical University."
Zhidkov S.A., doctor of medical sciences, professor, colonel of medical service, the chief of military medical department of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Belarus.
Klyuyko D.A., major of medical service, graduate student of the chair of military field surgery chair of the military medicine faculty of EE "Belarusian State Medical University."