This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2012 Vol. 20 No 5
MATTERS OF PERSONNEL TRAINING
ASSESSMENT OF KNOWLEDGE LEVEL OF BATTLE SURGICAL TRAUMA PECULIARITIES
PART 1: GUNSHOT WOUNDS
EE “Belarusian State Medical University”
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To evaluate the level of knowledge of surgeons who work in the establishments of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus and deal with the problems of pathogenesis and treatment of battle surgical trauma.
Methods. Analysis data of testing results of 270 surgeons of the establishments of Ministry of Health are presented in the article.
Results. Insufficient level of knowledge on this problem among surgeons has been established in 3 cases (2-4) (Me (25%-75%)) out of 10 possible. Individual parameters of surgeons (work expe-rience, qualification category, restricted specialization, clinical residency) as well as place of employment (the level of establishment of Public health care and its location) haven’t any statistically significant impact on the knowledge level of this problem.
Conclusions. It is necessary to bring changes in the system of surgeons’ training in our country to improve the quality of medical aid rendering to victims of extreme situations.
1. Musatov KhA. Khirurgiia katastrof: uchebnik [Surgery of disasters: a textbook]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1998. 592 p.
2. Nechaev EA, red. Vzryvnye porazheniia: ruk dlia vrachei i studentov [Explosive destruction: a handbook for physicians and students]. Saint-Petersburb, RF: Foliant; 2002. 656 p.
3. Bykov IIu, Efimenko NA, Gumanenko E.K. Voenno-polevaia khirurgiia: natsional'noe rukovodstvo [Military surgery: a national guide]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2009. 816 p.
4. Bisenkov LN. Bisenkov LN, Akimov GV, Glaznikov LA. Khirurgiia minno-vzryvnykh ranenii [Surgery of mine blast wounds]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Akropol'; 1993. 320 p.
5. Tolstykh MP, Lutsevich OE, Akhmedov BA, Geinits AV, Araei AR. Ognestrel'nye raneniia konechnostei mirnogo vremeni [Gunshot wounds of the extremities in peacetime]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 2005. 80 p.
6. Trukhan AP, Zhidkov SA, Korik VE, Fedorov KA. Khirurgicheskaia pomoshch' pri postuplenii bol'shogo kolichestva postradavshikh s vzryvnymi porazheniiami. [Surgical care in entering a large number of injured persons with explosive lesions]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2012;20(3):60–64.
7. Trukhan AP, Zhidkov SA, Korik VE. Osobennosti obrashcheniia za meditsinskoi pomoshch'iu postradavshikh pri terroristicheskom akte 11 aprelia 2011 goda [The specificity of treatment of victims of a terrorist attack April 11, 2011]. Ekstr Meditsina. 2012;(2):56–62.
220034, Respublika Belarus, g. Minsk, ul. Azgura, d. 4, UO «Belorusskiy gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet», voenno-meditsinskiy fakultet, kafedra voenno-polevoy hirurgii
Truhan Aleksey Petrovich
Trukhan A.P. Candidate of Medical Sciences, Major of Medical Service, Assistant of Military –Field Surgery Chair of The Military Medicine Faculty of EE "Belarusian State Medical University."