This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 2
I.V. MAIBORODIN, A.I. SHEVELA, V.A. MATVEEVA, M.N. DROVOSEKOV, M.I. BARANNICK, I.V. KUZNETSOVA
ANGIOGENESIS IN GRANULATION TISSUE AFTER IMPLANTATION OF POLYHYDROXYALKANOATE WITH MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS
Center of Modern Medical Technology of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of Siberian branch of RAS, Novosibirsk,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To estimate the processes occurring in various tissues after implantation of polymeric films from polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) with the adsorbed autologous multipotent mesenchymal stem cells of the bone marrow origin (AMMSCBM) in experiment.
Methods. The processes occurring in the rat abdominal cavity, muscular and subcutaneous adipose tissues after implantation of PHA with the adsorbed AMMSCBM and transfected DNA of fluorescent protein GFP were studied by the methods of light microscopy.
Results. It was revealed that after implantation of PHA with AMMSCBM the increase of blood vessels number in the surrounding tissues was occurred as a result of neoangiogenesis processes. In this case AMMSCBM don’t migrate and don’t collapse in the site of administration, but form the blood vessels on account of differentiation of their structures in cells. Processes of angiogenesis in tissues around PHA in turn lead to formation of large number of blood vessels in the granulations surrounded the implanted foreign body, larger volume of granulations and thicker capsule, delimiting polymer in the future. However it is possible that formation of a thick capsule with fibrous signs after implantation of PHA with AMMSCBM is considered as the unfavorable prognostic signs indicating to high probability of various complications development afterwards. Administrated AMMSCBM are replaced eventually by their own recipient cells.
Conclusions. The implantation of PHA with AMMSCBM leads to the formation of large number of blood vessels in the granulations forming round the implanted foreign body, larger volume of granulations and thicker capsule delimiting polymer in the future.
- Kang JM, Kang SW, La WG, Yang YS, Kim BS. Enhancement of in vivo bone regeneration efficacy of osteogenically undifferentiated human cord blood mesenchymal stem cells. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010 May;93(2):666–72.
- Liu M, Xiang Z, Pei F, Huang F, Cen S, Zhong G, Fan H, Xiao Y, Sun J, Gao Y. Repairing defects of rabbit articular cartilage and subchondral bone with biphasic scaffold combined bone marrow stromal stem cells. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010 Jan;24(1):87–93.
- Xie J, Han Z, Naito M, Maeyama A, Kim SH, Kim YH, Matsuda T. Articular cartilage tissue engineering based on a mechano-active scaffold made of poly(L-lactide-co-epsilon-caprolactone): In vivo performance in adult rabbits. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2010 Jul;94(1):80–8.
- Re'em T, Tsur-Gang O, Cohen S. The effect of immobilized RGD peptide in macroporous alginate scaffolds on TGFbeta1-induced chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells. Biomaterials. 2010 Sep;31(26):6746–55.
- Shishatskaya EI, Voinova ON, Goreva AV, Mogilnya OA, Volova TG. Reaktsiia tkanei na implantatsiiu mikrochastits iz rezorbiruemykh polimerov pri vnutrimyshechnom vvedenii [Tissue reaction to intramuscular injection of resorbable polymer microparticle]. Biul Eksperim Biologii i Meditsiny. 2007; 144(12):635–39.
- Shishatskaya EI, Voinova ON, Goreva AV, Mogilnaya OA, Volova TG. Biocompatibility of polyhydroxybutyrate microspheres: in vitro and in vivo evaluation. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2008 Jun;19(6):2493–502.
- Maiborodin IV, Shevela AI, Anishchenko VV, Matveeva VA, Shevela AA, Drovosekov MN, Vlasov VV. Osobennosti reaktsii tkanei krys na vnutribriushinnye implantaty iz biodegradiruemogo poligidroksialkanoata [The peculiarities of rat tissues reactions on biodegradable olyhydroxyalkanoate intraperitoneal implants]. Morfologiia. 2011;139(2):62–6.
- Baeke JL. Breast deformity caused by anatomical or teardrop implant rotation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002 Jun;109(7):2555–64.
- Carmeliet P, Luttun A. The emerging role of the bone marrow-derived stem cells in (therapeutic) angiogenesis. Thromb Haemost. 2001 Jul;86(1):289–97.
- Shi Q, Rafii S, Wu MH, Wijelath ES, Yu C, Ishida A, Fujita Y, Kothari S, Mohle R, Sauvage LR, Moore MA, Storb RF, Hammond WP. Evidence for circulating bone marrow-derived endothelial cells. Blood. 1998 Jul 15;92(2):362–67.
- Hu X, Yu SP, Fraser JL, Lu Z, Ogle ME, Wang JA, Wei L. Transplantation of hypoxia-preconditioned mesenchymal stem cells improves infarcted heart function via enhanced survival of implanted cells and angiogenesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008 Apr;135(4):799–808.
- Maiborodin IV, Iakimova NV, Matveeva VA., Pekarev OG, Maiborodina EI, Pekareva EO. Angiogenez v rubtse matki krys posle vvedeniia autologichnykh mezenkhimal'nykh stvolovykh kletok kostnomozgovogo proiskhozhdeniia [Angiogenesis in the rat uterine scar after administration of autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells]. Biul Eksperim Biologii i Meditsiny. 2010;150(12):705–11.
- Maiborodin IV, Iakimova NV, Matveeva VA, Pekarev OG, Maiborodina EI, Pekareva EO, Tkachuk OK. Morfologicheskii analiz rezul'tatov vvedeniia autologichnykh stvolovykh stromal'nykh kletok kostnomozgovogo proiskhozhdeniia v rubets matki krys [Morphological analysis of the administration of autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in the rat uterine scar]. Morfologiia. 2010;138(6):47–55.
- Chang SH, Tung KY, Wang YJ, Tsao YP, Ni TS, Liu HK. Fabrication of vascularized bone grafts of predetermined shape with hydroxyapatite-collagen gel beads and autogenous mesenchymal stem cell composites. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 May;125(5):1393–402.
- Rouanet P, Duchene M, Quenet F. Cancer update on breast reconstruction. Bull Cancer. 2002 Jan;89(1):125–9.
630090, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Novosibirsk, pr. akad. Lavrent'eva, d. 8, Institut khimicheskoi biologii i fundamental'noi meditsiny SO RAN, Tsentr novykh meditsinskikh tekhnologii, laboratoriia stvolovoi kletki,
Maiborodin Igor' Valentinovich
Maiborodin I.V. MD, professor, leading researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.
Shevela A.I. MD, professor, Honored Doctor of RF, deputy director of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.
Matveeva V.A. PhD, a senior researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.
Drovosekov M.N. PhD, an applicant for Doctor’s degree of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.
Barannik M.I. PhD, an applicant for Doctor’s degree of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.
Kuznetsova I.V. PhD, a researcher of the stem cell laboratory of the Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of RAS, Novosibirsk.