This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 3
S.V. SHALASHOV 2, L.K. KULIKOV 1, I.A. EGOROV 2, A.L. MIKHAILOV 2, O.A. BUSLAEV 2, I.A. GORBUNOV 2, YU.V. MANN 2
Y-PLASTY AT INGUINAL HERNIAS
SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation” 1
NGHA “Railway Clinical Hospital at the Station Irkutsk-Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways” 2,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To estimate efficiency of Y-plasty at inguinal hernias.
Methods. The research covering 80 patients has been conducted. The operation by the technique of I.L. Lichtenstein was carried out in 42 patients; they made up the group of clinical comparison (GCC).Using own designed technique of Y-plasticity 38 patients who made up the main group (MG) were operated on.
Results. While performing the herniaplasty by I.L. Lichtenstein (GCC) the time of surgery was 52,5±13,3 minutes. Using our own designed surgical technique (MG) the duration of the operation made up 41,6±13,9 minutes. There was no any complications during the early postoperative period both in GCC and in MG. Within the period from 12 months up to 2 years the results of surgical treatment in 30 patients from MG and in 36 of GCC were analyzed. Recurrence of hernias and the late complications were not observed. Applying the Y-plasty technique fewer cases of the postoperative pains and discomfort in the operation zone in comparison with I.L. Lichtenstein technique has been revealed. In GCC patients unpleasant feelings (discomfort, sensation of a foreign body) and pain in the operation field were registered in 22% of cases. In MG unpleasant feelings and rare pains in the field of operation were noted in 3 (10%) the patients.
Conclusions. The Y-plasty technique at inguinal hernias has all advantages of the present “tension-free” techniques and in patients less than 50 years with hernias of II, IIIÀ, and IIIÂ types can compete in efficiency with prosthetic techniques. The “tension-free” technique at inguinal hernias is simple in use and can reliably and quickly repair inguinal hernia without the application of prosthetic material. At Y-plasty of inguinal hernias the smaller number of cases of the postoperative painful manifestations and discomfort in the intervention zone in comparison with the operation by I.L. Lichtenstein is registered.
- Kukudzhanov NI. Pakhovye gryzhi [Inguinal hernias]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1969. 440 p.
- Protasov AV, Krivtsov GA, Tabuika AV, Mikhaleva AM, Shukhtin NIu. Vliianie setchatogo implantata na reproduktivnuiu funktsiiu pri pakhovoi gernioplastike (eksperimental'noe issledovanie) [The influence of the mesh implant on reproductive function in inguinal hernia repair (experimental study)]. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2010;(8):28–32.
- Miasnikov AD, Kolesnikov SA. Gerniologiia dlia vrachei obshchekhirurgicheskikh statsionarov [Herniology for the physicians of general surgical hospitals]. Belgorod, RF; 2005. 348 p.
- Baburin AB, Fedaev AA, Loginov VI, Romanov RV, Parshikov VV. Otkrytye nenatiazhnye vmeshatel'stva po povodu pakhovykh gryzh u muzhchin molodogo vozrasta [Open tension – free interventions of inguinal hernias in young men]. Sovrem Problemy Nauki i Obrazovaniia. 2012;(5):18.
- Bendavid R. Dysejaculation. Hernia. 2009;(1):24.
- Dohle GR, van Roijen JH, Pierik FH, Vreeburg JT, Weber RF. Subtotal obstruction of the male reproductive tract. Urol Res. 2003 Mar;31(1):22–4.
- Kusnierczuk R, Lorek M. Inguinal hernia repair using own surgical technique -results of 500 operative procedures. Chirurgia Polska. 2003; 5(3):145–53.
- Mikhaleva LM, Protasov AV, Tabuika AV. Morfofunktsional'naia kharakteristika reproduktivnykh organov posle provedeniia operatsii modelirovaniia gernioplastiki v eksperimente [Morpho-functional characteristics of the reproductive organs after hernia repair in experiment]. Uspekhi Sovrem Estestvoznaniia. 2009;(7):78–79.
- Protasov A.V. Morfologicheskaia kharakteristika polovykh organov samtsov posle allotransplantatsii pri modelirovanii operatsii gernioplastiki v eksperimente [Morphological characteristics of male sex organs after allotransplantation in modeling of hernia repair]. Gerniologiia. 2009;(1):30–31.
- Hallen M, Sandblom G, Nordin P, Gunnarsson U, Kvist U, Westerdahl J. Male infertility after mesh hernia repair: A prospective study. Surgery. 2011 Feb;149(2):179–84.
- Desarda MP. Physiological repair of inguinal hernia: a new technique (study of 860 patients). Hernia. 2006;(10):143–46.
- Mitura K, Romanczuk M. Comparison between two methods of inguinal hernia surgery – Lichtenstein and Desarda. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2008; 24(143): 392–95.
- Vlasov VV, Mikitiuk SR, Greshilo OO, Zagoruiko VV. Operatsiia Desarda – sozdanie «novoi» zadnei stenki pakhovogo kanala v lechenii pakhovoi gryzhi [Operation Desarda - the creation of a "new" back wall of the inguinal canal in the treatment of inguinal hernia]. Gerniologiia. 2008;2:11–17.
- Shalashov SV, Kulikov LK, Egorov IA, Mikhailov AL, Buslaev OA. Sposob plastiki pri pakhovykh gryzhakh [Method of inguinal hernias plasty]. Patent Ros Federatsii. ¹2452405 MPK7 A61V 17/00; zaiavitel' Irkut gos med akad poslediplom obrazovaniia MZ RF. ¹2011102411/14; zaiavl. 21.01.2011; opubl. 10.06.12. Biul;(16).
- Nyhus LM. Classification of groin hernia: milestones. Hernia. 2004 May;8(2):87–8.
664013, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Irkutsk, ul. Obraztsova, d. 27, NUZ "Dorozhnaia klinicheskaia bol'nitsa na stantsii Irkutsk-Passazhirskii" OAO "RZhD",
Shalashov Sergei Vladimirovich
Shalashov S.V. PhD, a surgeon of the surgical department of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk-Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways”.
Kulikov L.K. MD, professor, a head of the surgery chair of SBEE APE “Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
Egorov I.A. A surgeon of the surgical department of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk- Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways”.
Mikhailov A.L. A surgeon of the surgical department of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk- Passenger ” of JSC “Russian Railways”.
Buslaev O.A. A head of the surgical department of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk-Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways”.
Gorbunov I.A. An anesthesiologist of the anesthesiology and intensive care unit of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk- Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways”.
Mann Yu.V. A head of the surgical department of the policlinic of NGHA “Railway clinical hospital at the station Irkutsk-Passenger” of JSC “Russian Railways”.