This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 3
A.E. MISHINA 1, S.E. GLADUN 2, G.M. ZASTAVNITSKY 2, I.V. MISHIN 2,3
ENDOMETRIOSIS IN POSTOPERATIVE SCAR
SRI of Mother and Child Health Protection 1,
State University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N. Testemitsanu 2,
National Scientific Practical Center of Emergency Medicine 3,
The Republic of Moldova
Postoperative scar endometriosis (PSE) is considered to be a rare form of extragenital endometriosis and some case reports or small case series are published in the literature. Most frequently PSE is diagnosed after cesarean sections although observations of the given pathology after transabdominal gynecological and surgical procedure are also described. The authors present the case of preoperatively diagnosed and surgically treated PSE three years after cesarean section. The diagnosis was confirmed after morphological research of the removed macropreparation. There was no PSE recurrence in the long-term follow up period. We propose the literature review regarding the etiology, pathogenesis, particularities of the clinical signs, sensitivity and specificity of the radiological methods of diagnosis, as well as the principles of PSE surgical management.
- Emre A, Akbulut S, Yilmaz M, Bozdag Z. Laparoscopic trocar port site endometriosis: a case report and brief literature review. Int Surg. 2012;97(2):135–39.
- Mert I, Semaan A, Kim S, Ali-Fehmi R, Morris RT. Clear cell carcinoma arising in the abdominal wall: two case reports and literature review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Aug;207(2):e7–9.
- Francica G. Reliable clinical and sonographic findings in the diagnosis of abdominal wall endometriosis near cesarean section scar. World J Radiol. 2012 Apr 28;4(4):135–40.
- Ozel L, Sagiroglu J, Unal A, Unal E, Gunes P, Baskent E, Aka N, Titiz MI, Tufekci EC. Abdominal wall endometriosis in the cesarean section surgical scar: a potential diagnostic pitfall. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012 Mar;38(3):526–30.
- Yan Y, Li L, Guo J, Zheng Y, Liu Q. Malignant transformation of an endometriotic lesion derived from an abdominal wall scar. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2011 Nov;115(2):202–3.
- Rueda S, Mohan R, Miller S, Iyer R, Armstrong M, Spector S. Abdominal wall reconstruction with Alloderm® in a patient with a massive endometrioma. Am Surg. 2010 Nov;76(11):E206–7.
- Bektas H, Bilsel Y, Sari YS, Ersoz F, Koc O, Deniz M, Boran B, Huq GE.
- Abdominal wall endometrioma; a 10-year experience and brief review of the literature. J Surg Res. 2010 Nov;164(1):e77–81.
- Akbulut S, Sevinc MM, Bakir S, Cakabay B, Sezgin A. Scar endometriosis in the abdominal wall: a predictable condition for experienced surgeons. Acta Chir Belg. 2010 May-Jun;110(3):303–7.
- Cziupka K, Partecke LI, Thiele A, Paul H, Schreiber A, Heidecke CD, Busemann A. Abdominal wall endometriosis as rare differential diagnosis of a soft-tissue tumor. Zentralbl Chir. 2011 Aug;136(4):394–95.
- Shelat VG, Low CH. Scar endometriosis. ANZ J Surg. 2009;79(4):311–12.
- Horton JD, Dezee KJ, Ahnfeldt EP, Wagner M. Abdominal wall endometriosis: a surgeon's perspective and review of 445 cases. Am J Surg. 2008;196(2):207–12.
- Goel P, Devi L, Tandon R, Saha PK, Dalal A. Scar endometriosis - a series of six patients. Int J Surg. 2011;9(1):39–40.
- Pechenikova VA, Kostiuchek DF. Ekstragenital'nyi endometrioz: kliniko-morfologicheskii i immunogistokhimicheskii analiz 45 nabliudenii razlichnoi organnoi lokalizatsii [Extragenital endometriosis: clinical, morphological and immunohistochemical analysis of 45 cases of various organ localization]. Zhurn Akusherstva i Zhen Boleznei. 2010;LIX(Vyp 2):69–77.
2004, Respublika Moldova, g. Kishinev, ul. Toma Chorbe, d. 1, Natsional'nyi nauchno-prakticheskii tsentr urgentnoi meditsiny,
Mishin Igor' Valentinovich
Mishina A.E. PhD, a head of the operative gynecology, SRI of mother and child health protection of the Republic of Moldova.
Gladun S.E. PhD, an assistant of the obstetrics and gynecology chair of the faculty of the Postgraduate Educational of State University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N.Testemitsanu.
Zastavnitsky G.M. PhD, a researcher of the laboratory of hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery of State University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N. Testemitsanu.
Mishin I.V. MD, a deputy director on scientific-research work of National Scientific Practical Center of Emergency Medicine, a leading researcher of the laboratory of hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery of State University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N.A. Testemitsanu.