This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 3
GENERAL AND SPECIAL SURGERY
I.S. IVANOV, V.A. LAZARENKO, S.V. IVANOV, G.N. GORYAINOVA, A.V. IVANOV, D.V. TARABRIN, M.I. LITVYAKOVA
CORRELATION OF COLLAGEN TYPE I AND III IN THE SKIN AND APONEUROSIS IN PATIENTS WITH VENTRAL HERNIAS
SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the correlation of collagen type I and III of the connective tissue in the skin and aponeurosis in patients with ventral hernias.
Methods. A comparative analysis of the content of collagen type I and III in the skin and aponeurosis in 95 patients was carried out. All examined patients were divided into 2 groups: 46 patients with the ventral hernias and 49 – with the other surgical pathology. The investigation of the collagen type I and III in the skin and aponeurosis was performed using the polarized microscopy permitting to reveal the correlation of the collagen types (CT) in patients of various groups.
Results. It was established that in patients with ventral hernias a reliably lower correlation of CT (p≤0,001) was registered both in the skin preparations and in aponeurosis in comparison with examined those without hernias. In the study of the skin structure a strong direct correlation was revealed between the ratio of collagen type (CT) of the skin connective tissue and aponeurosis of one group allowing to predict the probability of ventral hernia formation.
Conclusions. In patients with ventral hernias a reliably significant (p≤0,001) lower ratio of CT in the skin and aponeurosis has been registered. A strong direct correlation between the content of collagen different types in the skin and aponeurosis allows to reveal the systemic pathology of the connective tissue basing only according to its changes in the skin. The determination of collagen types I and III correlation in the skin and aponeurosis using the polarized microscopy is considered to be highly informative in verification of hernias.
- Zotov VA, Shtofin SG, Shestakov VV, Ovchinnikov VV. Khirurgiia gryzh briushnoi stenki s plastikoi "bez natiazheniia" [Hernia surgery of the abdominal wall with "tension-free" plasty]. Vestn Gerniologii. 2006;(Vyp 2):81–86
- Timoshin AD, Iurasov AV, Shestakov AL. Kontseptsiia khirurgicheskogo lecheniia posleoperatsionnykh gryzh perednei briushnoi stenki [The concept of surgical treatment of postoperative abdominal wall hernias]. Gerniologiia. 2004;(1):5–10.
- Borisov AE, Malkova SK, Toidze VV. Primenenie polipropilenovoi setki pri bol'shikh i gigantskikh gryzhakh perednei briushnoi stenki [The use of polypropylene mesh for large and giant hernias of the abdominal wall]. Vestn Khirurgii. 2002;(6):76–78.
- Veligotskii NN, Komarchuk VV, Komarchuk EV, Kasumba K. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie gryzh na fone displazii soedinitel'noi tkani [Surgical treatment of hernias on a background of connective tissue dysplasia]. Ukrain Zhurn Xipypgii. 2011;(3):236–39.
- Agrawal A, Avill R. Mesh migration following repair of inguinal hernia: a case report and review of literature. Hernia. 2006 Mar;10(1):79–82. Review.
- Klosterhalfen B, Karsten J, Klinge U. The lightweight and large porous mesh concept for hernia repair. Expert Review of Medical Devices. 2005 Jan;2(1):103–17.
- Godek ML, Duchsherer NL, McElwee Q, Grainger DW. Morphology and growth of murine cell lines on model biomaterials. Biomed Sci Instrum. 2004;40:7–12.
- Kakturskii LV. Poliarizatsionnaia mikroskopiia [The polarizing microscopy]. V: Mikroskop tekhnika. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1996. 116 p.
305041, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Kursk, ul. Karla Marksa, d. 3, GBOU VPO "Kurskii gosudarstvennyi meditsinskii universitet", kafedra khirurgicheskikh boleznei ¹1,
Ivanov Il'ia Sergeevich
Ivanov I.S. PhD, an associate professor of the surgical diseases chair ¹ 1 of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Lazarenko V.A. MD, professor, rector of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Ivanov S.V. MD, professor, a head of the surgical diseases chair ¹ 1 of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Goryainova G.N. PhD, an associate professor of the pathological anatomy chair of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Ivanov A.V. MD, professor, a head of histology, embryology, cytology chair of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Tarabrin D.V. A clinical intern of the of the surgical diseases chair ¹1 of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.
Litvyakova M.I. A 5-year student of the medical faculty of SBEE HPE “Kursk State Medical University”.