This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 4
V.D. LUTSENKO, A.A. MIGUNOV, T.N. TATYANENKO, E.B. SUCHALKIN, S.N. GONTAREV
APPLICATION OF BIOPOLYMERIC MATERIALS AT HOLLOW ORGAN PERFORATION IN EXPERIMENT
National Research University “Belgorod State Research University”
Objective. To study the effectiveness of biopolymer materials application in hollow organs perforation in the experiment.
Materials. Experiment is performed on 63 white mature rats. Simulation of gastric ulcers was carried out by a modified method of Okabe, to simulate the perforation a perforating puncture of gastric wall (D 0.1 cm) was made. Animals were divided into 3 groups (23, 25 and 15 animals). In the 1st group of animals the plasty of perforation is carried out by a membrane “Kollost”, in the 2nd group of animals a mesh endoprosthesis “Prolene” with coverage of omentum has been used. Animals of the 3d group are operated with application of traditional method – sutured by double-row stitches. Animals are disaffiliated with experiment on 7th, 14th, 21st, 30th, 60th, 90th and 120th days.
Results. On the 7th day it has been revealed that a connective tissue capsule of collagen fibers begins to form around the mesh. Epithelialization of ulcers is completed by the 30th day, a mess is fully encapsulated to the 60th day. Thus, in the area of perforation a positive reaction of connective tissue elements to the foreign synthetic material and minimization of adhesive process at cover of omentum have been revealed. On the 30th day the membrane “Kollost” in closing of ulcer defects promoted to the restoration of the organ wall and stimulated the scarring processes at the expense of specific protein-collagen. The density of protein structure allowed to delimit the lumen of the hollow organ from the abdominal cavity tightly. On the 60th day in suturing by double-row stitches the changes analogous to the healing of ulcers with biopolymer materials application have been revealed. In the long-term period the marked deformity and stricture formation are noted in the area of operations.
Conclusion. Application of biopolymeric materials accelerates the regenerative process of tissues in the operation zone, the tissues deformation and luminal constriction of organ are not occurred.
- Grinberg AA, red. Neotlozhnaia abdominal'naia khirurgiia [Emergency abdominal surgery]: spravochnoe posobie dlia vrachei. Moscow, RF: Triada-Kh; 2000. 378 p.
- Bisenkov LN, Zubarev PN, Trofimov VM. Neotlozhnaia khirurgiia grudi i zhivota [Emergency surgery of chest and abdomen]: ruk dlia vrachei. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Gippokrat; 2002. 511 p.
- Shalimov AA, Saenko VF. Khirurgiia pishchevaritel'nogo trakta [Surgery of the digestive tract]. Kiev: Zdorov'ia, Ukraina; 1987. 568 p.
- Tytgat GN. Duodenal ulcer disease. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1996 Aug;8(8):829–33.
- Lassen A, Hallas J, Schaffalitzky de Muckadell OB. Complicated and uncomplicated peptic ulcers in a Danish county 1993-2002: a population-based cohort study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006 May;101(5):945–53.
- Higham J, Kang JY, Majeed A. Recent trends in admission and mortality due to peptic ulcer in England: increasing frequency of haemorrage among old subjects [Electronic resource]. 2001. Avialable from: http://gut.bmj.com.
- Gilliam AD, Speake WJ, Lobo DN, Beckingham IJ. Current practice of emergency vagotomy and Helicobacter pylori eradication for complicated peptic ulcer in the United Kingdom. Br J Surg. 2003 Jan;90(1):88–90.
- Shaposhnikov AV. Iazvennaia bolezn' v zerkale statistiki [Peptic ulcer disease: seeing through Statistics]. Vestn Khirurg Gastroenterologii. 2006;(1):139.
- Kuzin MI. Aktual'nye voprosy khirurgii iazvennoi bolezni zheludka i dvenadtsatiperstnoi kishki [Actual problems of surgery of gastric and duodenal ulcers]. Khirurgiia. 2001;(1):27–32.
- Savel'ev VS. Rukovodstvo po neotlozhnoi khirurgii organov briushnoi polosti [Guidelines for emergency abdominal surgery]. Moscow, RF; 2004. p. 303–04.
- Vinnik IuS, Miller SV, Petrushko S.I, Popov DV, Balakhonov VV, Mochalov AA. Otsenka effektivnosti organosokhraniaiushchikh metodov lecheniia oslozhnennykh iazv zheludka i dvenadtsatiperstnoi kishki u bol'nykh pozhilogo i starcheskogo vozrasta [Evaluating of the effectiveness of organ-saving treat blood saving effect of tranexam ment of complicated gastric and duodenal ulcers in middle and old aged patients]. Vestn Khirurg Gastroenterologii. 2006;(1):32
- Gostishchev VK, Evseev MA, Golovin RA. Perforativnye iazvy: vzgliad na problemu [Perforated ulcer: a look at the problem]. RMZh. 2005;(25):3–7.
- Maistrenko NA, Movchan KN. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie iazvy dvenadtsatiperstnoi kishki [Surgical treatment of duodenal ulcer]. Saint-Petersburg, RF; 2000. 360 p.
- Matiashin IM, Gluzman AM. Spravochnik khirurgicheskikh operatsii (eponimy) [A manual of surgical operations (eponymous)]. Kiev, Ukraina: Zdorov’ia; 1979. 312 p.
- Dubova EA, Shchegolev AI. Kolichestvennaia kharakteristika kletochnoi reaktsii na polipropilenovye endoprotezy [Quantitative characterization of cell reaction to polypropylene implants]. Verkhnevolzh med zhurn. 2006;(spetsvyp):24–25.
- Burch JM, Franciose RJ, Moore EE, Biffl WL, Offner PJ. Single-layer continuous versus two-layer interrupted intestinal anastomosis: a prospective randomized trial. Ann Surg. 2000 Jun;231(6):832–37.
308036, Rossiiskaia Federatsiia, g. Belgorod, ul. Gubkina, 46, FGAOU VPO « Belgorodskii issledovatel'skii universitet», kafedra obshchei khirurgii meditsinskogo fakul'teta,
Lutsenko Vladimir Dmitrievich
Lutsenko V.D. MD, professor, a head of the general surgery chair with the course of topographic anatomy and operative surgery of the medical faculty of FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University".
Migunov A.A. PhD, senior lecturer of the general surgery chair with the course of topographic anatomy and operative surgery of the medical faculty of FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University ".
Tatyanenko T.N.PhD, associate professor of the general surgery chair with the course of topographic anatomy and operative surgery of the medical faculty of FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University ".
Suchalkin E.B. assistant of the general surgery chair with the course of topographic anatomy and operative surgery of the medical faculty of FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University ".
Gontarev S.N. MD, professor of the general surgery chair with the course of topographic anatomy and operative surgery of the medical faculty of FSAEE HPE "Belgorod State National Research University ".