This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 4
Y.S. VINNIK 1, A.M. PLAKHOTNIKOVA 1, A.K. KIRICHENKO 1, V.A. KUKONKOV 2, O.V. TEPLYAKOVA 1
THE APPLICATION OF DIRECTIONAL FLOW OF THE OZONE-OXYGEN GASEOUS MIXTURE TO A SANITATION OF PYOGENIC WOUNDS IN THE EXPERIMENT
SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky" 1,
DSBME "Krasnoyarsk Interregional Clinical Hospital ¹7" 2
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To evaluate the application effectiveness of directed flow of the ozone-oxygen gaseous mixture to a sanitation of pyogenic wounds in experiment.
Methods. An experimental study was conducted in 30 male rabbits of Soviet Chinchilla breed. Each individual was simulated a pyogenic wound via daily broth culture of methicillin resistant strain of Staphylococcus aureus. In the main group (n=10) within the whole diastasis preservation period the local treatment of edgar wouhds with ozone-oxygen gaseous mixture the sanitation by the original device was performed. In the comparison group (n=10) of the wounds was carried out in sealed plastic contour chambers filled with ozone-oxygen gaseous mixture. In the control group (n=10) a consistent antiseptic treatment of pyogenic wounds with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and 0,01% solution miramistin has been cleansed.
Evaluation of the treatment effectiveness was performed clinically and histologically on the 1st, 7th, 30th days of the experiment.
Results. In the clinical evaluation of the local status prior to treatment, the wounds consisted of soft tissue defects with specific signs of inflammation and purulent discharge. The relevant intergroup differences of biopsy results of purulent wounds histologically after the simulation also haven’t been revealed. On the 7th day in the control group preparations pronounced signs of inflammation preserved, while in the main group preparations the transition to the proliferative phase was registered. On the 30th day the shaped scar was determined clinically at the site of the wound defect in animals of all groups. Histological assessment of biopsies of scarring in the wound treatment groups with the ozone-oxygen gaseous mixture the dense connective tissue without any signs of the inflammatory response has been revealed, while in the control one the loose connective tissue with inflammatory infiltration was visualized.
Conclusion. In using the directed flow of the ozone-oxygen gaseous mixture to sanitation of pyogenic wounds in experiment, the earlier cleansing and healing with the formation of connective tissue scar without any signs of inflammatory response have been registered.
- Gul'man MI, Vinnik IS, Iakimov SV, Miller SV, Anishina OV, Karapetian GE, Dunaevskaia SV. Primenenie ozona v khirurgicheskoi klinike [The use of ozone in the surgical clinic]. Sibir Med Obozrenie. 2003;(4):84-86.
- Kim HS, Noh SU, Han YW, Kim KM, Kang H, Kim HO, Park YM. Therapeutic effects of topical application of ozone on acute cutaneous wound healing. J Korean Med Sci. 2009 Jun;24(3):368-74. doi: 10.3346/jkms.2009.24.3.368.
- Valacchi G, Lim Y, Belmonte G, Miracco C, Zanardi I, Bocci V, Travagli V. Ozonated sesame oil enhances cutaneous wound healing in SKH1 mice. Wound Repair Regen. 2011 Jan-Feb;19(1):107-15. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-475X.2010.00649.x.
- Sagai M, Bocci V.Mechanisms of Action Involved in Ozone Therapy: Is healing induced via a mild oxidative stress? Med Gas Res. 2011 Dec 20;1:29. doi: 10.1186/2045-9912-1-29.
- Zhang J, Guan M, Xie C, Luo X, Zhang Q, Xue Y. Increased growth factors play a role in wound healing promoted by noninvasive oxygen-ozone therapy in diabetic patients with foot ulcers. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2014;2014:273475. doi: 10.1155/2014/273475.
- Kaptan F, Güven EP, Topcuoglu N, Yazici M, Külekçi G. In vitro assessment of the recurrent doses of topical gaseous ozone in the removal of Enterococcus faecalis biofilms in root canals. Niger J Clin Pract. 2014 Sep-Oct;17(5):573-8. doi: 10.4103/1119-3077.141421.
- Travagli V, Zanardi I, Valacchi G, Bocci V. Ozone and ozonated oils in skin diseases: a review. Mediators Inflamm. 2010;2010:610418. doi: 10.1155/2010/610418.
- Vinnik IS, Trusov IN, Bezrukikh EG, Chetvergov NV, Il'inov AV, Plakhotnikova AN. Ustroistvo dlia lokal'noi obrabotki biologicheskikh tkanei ozono-kislorodnoi smes'iu pechatnaia [The device for the local treatment of biological tissue with a mixture of ozone and oxygen circuit]. Patent ¹ 151779 RF, MPK: A61M37/00. ¹ 2014124812/14. 20.04.15. Ofits Biul. 2015. ¹ 11151779.
- Kabanova AA, Plotnikov FV, Khodos IuV, Golubtsov VV, Veremei EI. Morfologicheskie kharakteristiki eksperimental'nykh gnoinykh ran miagkikh tkanei [Morphological characteristics of experimental purulent wounds of soft tissues]. Perm Med Zhurn. 2015;32(1):78-83.
- Grigor'ian AIu, Bezhin AI, Pankrusheva TA, Ivanov AV, Zhiliaeva L.V, Kobzareva EV. Lechenie gnoinykh ran s primeneniem mnogokomponentnykh mazei na osnove enterosgelia [Treatment of festering wounds with ointments based on multicomponent enterosgels]. Nauchn Vedomosti Belgorod Gos Uni-ta. Seriia: Meditsina. Farmatsiia. 2011;16(111):205-11.
- Zatolokin VD, Khalilov MA. Moshkin AS, Iudina OA. Opyt primeneniia novoi metodiki lecheniia gnoinykh ran v eksperimental'nykh usloviiakh [Experience in the use of new methods of treatment of purulent wounds in the experimental conditions].Uchen Zap OGU. Ser Estestv Tekhn i Med Nauki. 2010;(2):160-62
660022, Russian Federation, g. Krasnoyarsk,
ul. Partizana Zheleznyaka, d. 1,
GBOU VPO "Krasnoyarskiy gosudarstvennyiy
meditsinskiy universitet imeni professora
V.F. Voyno-Yasenetskogo", kafedra
obschey khirurgii im. prof. M.I. Gulmana,
Vinnik Yuriy Semenovich
Vinnik Y.S. MD, an Honored Worker of Science of RF, an Honored Physician of Russia, a Head of the general surgery chair named after M.I.Gulman of SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky".
Plakhotnikova A.M. A competitor of the general surgery chair named after M.I.Gulman of SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky".
Kirichenko A.K. MD, a head of the pathologic anatomy chair named after P.G. Podzolkov of SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky".
Kukonkov V.A. PhD, a head of the surgical department ¹2 of the district state budgetary medical establishment "Krasnoyarsk Interregional Clinical Hospital ¹7".
Teplyakova O.V. PhD, an associate professor of the general surgery chair named after M.I.Gulman of SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky".