This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 4
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
I.V. MAKAROV, R.A. GALKIN, A.V. LUKASHOVA
THE COMPREHENSIVE NON-PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMENT OF OBLITERATING ATHEROSCLEROSIS (STAGE II) BY COMBINED APPLICATION OF OZONE AND GRAVITATIONAL THERAPY. A RANDOMIZED STUDY
SBEE HPE "Samara State Medical University",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. Optimization of comprehensive treatment of patients with obliterating atherosclerosis (II stage) by combined application of ozone and gravitational therapy.
Methods. A prospective randomized controlled study in three parallel groups in 139 patients has been performed. The first group (n=57) received standard medical therapy in combination with ozone therapy; the group was divided into two subgroups: in the subgroup 1a (n=28) the patients were given intravenous ozonated saline solution (OSS), in the subgroup 1b (n=29) – major ozonated autohemotherapy (MOAT). The patients of the second group (n=62) underwent the comprehensive treatment, including gravitational therapy (GT) in addition to medical ozone. In this group two subgroups were also identified: subgroup 2a (n=31) – the patients received standard medical therapy in combination with OSS and GT, subgroup 2b (n=31) – in combination with MOAT and GT. The third group, the control one (n=20), included patients received only standard medical therapy. The results were evaluated immediately prior and after the treatment according to pain-free walking distance, ankle-brachial index, lipid metabolism and lipid peroxidation processes.
Results. The highest efficiency was observed in the subgroup 2a. A statistically significant increase of pain-free walking distance by 116,5%, ankle-brachial index – by 49,2% have been registered. The most pronounced positive dynamics of lipid metabolism has been observed: reduction of total cholesterol by 21,3%, low density lipoprotein – by 25,4%, very low density lipoprotein – by 24,2%, triglycerides – by 18,5%. The tendency towards normalization of lipid peroxidation was established: malondialdehyde decreased by 29,28%, the total antioxidant activity increased by 20,36%.
Conclusion. Combined application of ozonated physiological solution and gravity in the treatment of patients with obliterating atherosclerosis (stage II) contributes to a significant increase of pain-free walking distance and ankle-brachial index; as will as a significant correction of violations of lipid metabolism and lipid peroxidation process.
- Poliakov PI, Gorelik SG, Zheleznova EA. Obliteriruiushchii ateroskleroz nizhnikh konechnostei u lits starcheskogo vozrasta [Atherosclerosis of the lower limbs in the elderly]. Vestn Novykh Med Tekhnologii. 2013;20(1):98-101.
- Kazantsev AV, Korymasov EA. Diagnostika progressiruiushchego techeniia obliteriruiushchego ateroskleroza bedrenno-podkolenno-bertsovoi lokalizatsii [Diagnosis of progressive course of atherosclerotic lesions of the femoropopliteal, tibial localization]. Fund Issledovaniia. 2011;(1):62-67.
- Andozhskaia IuS, Solntsev VN. Sostoianie lipidnogo obmena u bol'nykh s aterosklerozom v zavisimosti ot fokal'nosti porazheniia i tiazhesti ishemii nizhnikh konechnostei [Lipid metabolism in patients with atherosclerosis depending on focal lesions and severity of ischemia of the lower limbs]. Vestnik SPbGU. 2011;11(3):85-90.
- Kytikova OI, Novgorodtsev AD, Gvozdenko TA. Meditsinskii ozon – kak redoks-okislitel' gormetin v geriatrii [Medical ozone - as a redox oxidant gormetin in geriatrics]. Nauka i Praktika. 2014;55(1):26-30.
- Diagnostika i korrektsiia narushenii lipidnogo obmena s tsel'iu profilaktiki i lecheniia ateroskleroza [Diagnostics and correction of lipid disorders for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis]. Ross Rekomendatsii. Ross Kardio Zhurn. 2012;4(96, 1):32.
- Pokrovskii AV, Kharazov AV, Sapelkin SV. Konservativnoe lechenie patsientov s peremezhaiushcheisia khromotoi [Conservative treatment of patients with intermittent claudication]. Angiologiia i Sosud Khirurgiia. 2014;(1):172-80.
- Galkin RA, Makarov IV. Gravitatsionnaia terapiia v lechenii bol'nykh obliteriruiushchimi zabolevaniiami arterii nizhnikh konechnostei [Gravitational therapy in the treatment of patients with obliterating diseases of arteries of the lower extremities]: monografiia. Samara: Ofort; GOUVPO SamGMU. 2006. 200 p.
- Alekhina SP, Shcherbatiuk TG. Ozonoterapiia: klinicheskie i eksperimental'nye aspekty [Ozone: some clinical and experimental aspects]. N.Novgorod, RF: Litera. 2003. 240 p.
- Kostiuchenko AL. Efferentnaia terapiia [Efferent therapy]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Foliant. 2003. 432 p.
443099, Russian Federation,
Samara, ul. Chapaevskaya, d. 89,
GBOU VPO "Samarskiy gosudarstvennyiy
kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney ¹1,
tel. office: 8 (846) 994-08-50,
Lukashova Anna Vladimirovna
Makarov I.V. MD, professor, a head of the surgical diseases chair ¹1 of SBEE HPE "Samara State Medical University".
Galkin R.A. MD, professor of the surgical diseases chair ¹1 of SBEE HPE "Samara State Medical University".
Lukashova A.V. A senior laboratory assistant of the surgical diseases chair ¹1 of SBEE HPE "Samara State Medical University".