This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 6
V.V. BESCHASNOV 1, S.G. IZMAYLOV1, M.V. BAGRYANTSEV 1, N.Y. ORLINSKAYA 1, Å.Å. LUKOYANYCHEV 1, À.À. MIRONOV 1,2
ACTIVITY OF REPARATIVE REGENERATIVE PROCESSES IN TERMS OF LOCAL PERIWOUND CIRCULATORY HYPOXIA
SBEE HPE "Nizny Novgorod State Medical Academy" 1,
FSAEE HE "Nizhy Novgorod State University Named after N.I. Lobachevsky" 2,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the impact of local circulatory compensated hypoxia, occurring in the extensible flap in skin extension on the activity of the reparative regenerative processes in the area surrounding the wound.
Methods. The experiment was carried out on 18 white outbred rats. An oval skin wound was made in the upper part of the animals’ back. In the study group the skin of periwound area was being stretched by means of special device during 5 days; in the control group all wounds were well healed with no case of any external factors. The condition of the skin edges in the extension area was controlled by laser Doppler flowmetry: microcirculation index was reduced by no more than 50% from the original one. Activity of tissue regeneration was monitored by immunohistochemical studies of the granulation tissue from the expetrimental wound and extensible skin.
Results. An increased proliferative activity of the cells was registered in the granulation tissue in the primary defect zone in the skin extension of the periwound area compared to the control: after 3 days of skin stretching the percent of Ki-67-immunopositive cells was 57% (51; 60), and in the control group – 34% (30; 42) (p=0,016) in the granulation tissue of the wound defect of the study group. On the 5th day of modeling of local circulatory hypoxia the statistically significant differences remained on the basis of this criterion – 61% (55; 66) in the study group, compared to 42% (39; 50) in the control group (p=0,032). The statistically significant differences between the activity of regenerative hypertrophic processes have been revealed in the immunohistochemical analysis of tissue samples of the extensible flap in the study and control groups.
Conclusion. Local compensated hypoxia of the periwound area stimulates proliferative processes not only in the extensible flap, but also in the area of the primary wound defect. The obtained new data essentially specify effect of hypoxia on the body contributing the search of methods to control the degree of hypoxia in the extensible flap and new surgical methods affected on the process of regenerative hypertrophy.
- Hunt TK, Twomey P, Zederfeldt B, Dunphy JE. Respiratory gas tensions and pH in healing wounds. American Journal of Surgery. 1967 August;114(2):302-307.
- Yıldırım AO, Eryılmaz M, Kaldırıım U, Eyi YE, Tuncer SK, Eroğlu M, Durusu M, Topal T, Kurt B, Dilmen S, Bilgiç S, Serdar M. Effectiveness of hyperbaric oxygen and ozone applications in tissue healing in generated soft tissue trauma model in rats: an experimental study. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2014 May;20(3):167-75. doi: 10.5505/tjtes.2014.09465.
- Lokmic Z, Musyoka J, Hewitson TD, Darby IA. Hypoxia and hypoxia signaling in tissue repair and fibrosis. International review of cell and molecular biology. 2012;(296):139-85. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-394307-1.00003-5.
- Krock BL, Skuli N, Simon MC. Hypoxia-induced angiogenesis: good and evil Hypoxia-induced angiogenesis: good and evil. Cancer 2011 Dec;2(12):1117-33.
- Asmis R, Qiao M, Zhao Q.Low flow oxygenation of full-excisional skin wounds on diabetic mice improves wound healing by accelerating wound closure and reepithelialization. Int Wound J. 2010 Oct;7(5):349-57. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-481X.2010.00716.x.
- Rusakov VI. Reguliatsiia vospaleniia i regeneratsii v khirurgii [Regulation of inflammation and regeneration in Surgery]. Tashkent, Uzbekistan: Meditsinazh; 1970. 376 p.
- Sano H, Ichioka S, Sekiya N. Influence of oxygen on wound healing dynamics: assessment in a novel wound mouse model under a variable oxygen environment. PLoS ONE 7(11): e50212. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0050212.
- Semenza GL, Wang GL. A nuclear factor induced by hypoxia via de novo protein synthesis binds to the human erythropoietin gene enhancer at a site required for transcriptional activation. J of mol cell biology. 1992; (12)12:5447-54.
- Ruas JL, Lendahl U, Poellinger L. Modulation of vascular gene expression by hypoxia. Current Opinion in Lipidology. 2007Oct;18(5):508-14.
- Pokrovskii AV, Chupin AV. Opredelenie stepeni narusheniia regional'noi mikrotsirkuliatsii nizhnikh konechnostei [Determination of the degree of regional microcirculation disturbances of the lower extremities]. Vrach. 1994;(1):28.
- Stupin VA, Goriunov SV, Prividentsev AI. Metabolicheskaia terapiia pri sindrome diabeticheskoi stopy [Metabolic therapy for diabetic foot syndrome]. Khirurgiia. 2013;(10):25-31.
603093, Russian Federation,
Nizhniy Novgorod, ul. Rodionova, d. 167,
GBOU VPO "Nizhegorodskaya gosudarstvennaya
kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney,
tel. 790 43-90-56-82,
Beschastnov Vladimir Viktorovich
Beschastnov V.V. MD, an associate professor of the chair of surgical diseases of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy".
Izmaylov S.G. MD, professor of the chair of surgical diseases of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy".
Bagryantsev M.V. A post-graduate student of the chair of surgical diseases of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy".
Orlinskaya N.Y. MD, professor of the pathological anatomy chair of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy".
Lukoyanychev E.E. PhD, a lecturer of surgical diseases of SBEE HPE "Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy".
Mironov A.A. PhD, an associate professor of the chair of nanotechnologies of the Institute of biology and biomedicine of FSAEE HE "Nizhny Novgorod State University named after N.I. Lobachevsky", a senior researcher of the department of neurophysiology and experimental modeling of Central Scientific Research Laboratory.