This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 1
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
S.V. SHALASHOV 1, L.K. KULIKOV 2, Y.A. PRIVALOV 2, A.L. MIKHAYLOV1
IC-PLASTY OF POSTOPERATIVE VENTRAL HERNIAS
NME "Railway Clinical Hospital in Irkutsk-Passenger Station" of JSC "Russian Railways"1,
SBEE APE "Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education" 2,
The Russian Federation
Methods. The study enrolled patients with postoperative ventral hernias (n=157). Standard IC-plasty was performed in 81 patients, comprising the group of clinical comparison (CCG). The advanced version of the mentioned afore surgery was performed in 76 patients. These patients formed the main group (MG).
Results. It was established that in early terms the postoperative complications occurred after the operation in 7 (8,6%) patients in the CCG. Seromas formed in 2 (2,6%) patients from MG which were accessible for puncture. A single case of suppuration was registered in CCG. Thus, the using of less traumatic version of IC-plasty is claimed to be associated with less recurrence and complication rate. In early terms more extensive and long pain manifestations had been registered after the surgery in CCG in comparing with MG. In 5 cases the specific pain was registered in the sites of strips conducting formed at the edges of a polypropylene mesh through the muscle-aponeurotic tissues in CCG. There were no similar cases and fatal outcomes in MG. In terms from 1-3,5 years period surgery outcomes were studied in 73 (MG) and in 75 (CCG) patients. One recurrence in CCG without any delayed complications was observed. In later periods after the intervention no recurrences and complications were registered.
Conclusion. IC-plasty being an effective treatment method in case of postoperative ventral hernia has been evolved over the period of years. Technological advances of IC-plasty have been demonstrated to be favorably affected on the outcomes of the operation and the incisional period. To reduce the number of foreign material inserted into the human body in comparision with standard IC-plasty is also important.
- Bringman S, Conze J, Cuccurullo D, Deprest J, Junge K, Klosterhalfen B, et al. Hernia repair: the search for ideal meshes. Hernia. 2010 Feb; 14(1): 81-87. doi: 10.1007/s10029-009-0587-x.
- Parshikov VV, Petrov VV, Khodak VA, Samsonov AA, Romanov RV, Gradusov VP, i dr. Sovremennye tekhnologii v khirurgii gryzh perednei briushnoi stenki [Current technologies in surgery of hernias of anterior abdominal wall]. Sovrem Tekhnologii v Meditsine. 2009;(1):32-38.
- Parshikov VV, Petrov VV, Romanov RV, i dr. Kachestvo zhizni patsientov posle gernioplastiki [The quality of life of patients after hernioplasty]. Med Al'm. 2009;(1):100-103.
- Klinge U, Binnebösel M, Rosch R, Mertens P. Hernia recurrence as a problem of biology and collagen. J Minim Access Surg. 2006 Sep;2(3):151-54.
- Vichová B, Oravský M, Schnorrer M. Scar hernia repairs using a mesh–the sublay technique. Rozhl Chir. 2008 Mar;87(3):138-40. [Article in Slovak].
- Schumpelick V, Junge K, Rosch R, Klinge U, Stumpf M. Retromuscular mesh repair for ventral incision hernia in Germany. Chirurg. 2002 Sep;73(9):888-94. [Article in German].
- Schumpelick V, Klinge U, Rosch R, Junge K. Light weight meshes in incisional hernia repair. J Minim Access Surg. 2006 Sep;2(3):117-23.
- Schumpelick V, Klinge U, Junge K, Stumpf M. Incisional abdominal hernia: the open mesh repair. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2004 Feb;389(1):1-5.
- Kurzer M, Kark A, Selouk S, Belsham P. Open mesh repair of incisional hernia using a sublay technique: long-term follow-up. World J Surg. 2008 Jan;32(1):31-6; discussion 37.
- Shalashov SV, Mikhailov AL, Usol'tsev IuK, Egorov IA. Sposob plastiki pri posleoperatsionnykh vantral'nykh gryzhakh [Method of plastics in postoperative ventral hernias]. Patent Ros. Federatsii ¹2366367. 10.09.2009.
- Kulikov LK, Buslaev OA, Mikhalevich MI, Shalashov SV, Privalov IuA,, Sobotovich VF, i dr. Kachestvo zhizni u patsientov, operirovannykh po povodu posleoperatsionnykh ventral'nykh gryzh [Quality of life in patients operated on for postoperative ventral hernias]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2014;22(3):286-95.
- Kulikov LK, Buslaev OA, Shalashov SV, Smirnov AA, Mikhailov AL, Egorov IA, i dr. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie obshirnykh i gigantskikh posleoperatsionnykh ventral'nykh gryzh [Surgical treatment of large and giant postoperative ventral hernias]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2013;21(2):37-44.
- Petri A, Sebin K, red. Nagliadnaia statistika v meditsine [Transparent statistics in medicine]. Leonov VP, per. s angl. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-MED; 2003. 144 p.
- Korenkov M, Paul A, Sauerland S, Neugebauer E, Arndt M, Chevrel JP, et al. Classification and surgical treatment of incisional hernia. Results of an experts' meeting. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001 Feb;386(1):65-73.
664013, Russian Federation,
Irkutsk, ul. Obraztsova, d. 27,
NUZ ''Dorozhnaya klinicheskaya bolnitsa na st. Irkutsk-Passazhirskiy''
OAO'' RZhD'', khirurgicheskoe otdelenie.
tel. mob.: 7(950) 069-35-67,
Shalashov Sergey Vladimirovich
Shalashov S.V. PhD, a surgeon of the surgery unit of NME ''Railway Clinical Hospital in Irkutsk-Passenger Station'' of JSC '' Russian Railways''.
Kulikov L.K. MD, professor of the surgery chair of SBEE APE ''Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education''.
Privalov Y.A. MD, an associate professor, a head of the surgery chair of SBEE APE ''Irkutsk State Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education''.
Mikhaylov A.L. A surgeon of the surgery unit of NME ''Railway Clinical Hospital in Irkutsk-Passenger Station'' of JSC ''Russian Railways''.