This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 3
T.G. GULMURADOV, O.N. SADRIEV, Z.Z. ABDURAKHIMOV, R.S. AMINOV
SUCCESSFUL SURGICAL TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ECHINOCOCCOSIS OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE AND LIVER
Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery
The Republic of Tajikistan
The article presents the case of the successful treatment of a female with concomitant left ventricular and liver hydatid disease. Peculiarities of instrumental diagnosis and the chosen surgical approach are given. The patient was carried out step by step echinococcectomy from the left heart ventricle with swabbing of the residual cavity by the omentum on the vascular pedicle, derived through an incision in the diaphragm and echinococcectomy from the liver without capitonnage of the residual cavity. Echinococcectomy was performed on a beating heart, without capitonnage of the intracardiac portion of the fibrous capsule for the myocardial wall plasty that is of great interest to this clinical case. To prevent the development of the left ventricular aneurysm, the residual cavity was swabbed by the omentum strand on the vascular pedicle, derived through the incision in the diaphragm. During the control ECG and echocardiography in the postoperative period, a positive trend towards the disappearance of ischemic lesion was observed as well as increasing the contractility of the left ventricle. Echinococcectomy of the VIII liver segment was performed after 6 months by laparotomy with good immediate and remote results. In the observed period no signs of disease recurrence were revealed.
- Ivanov VA, Podchasov DA, Evseev EP, Domnin VV, Popov SO, Iarygin IV. Uspeshnoe khirurgicheskoe lechenie ekhinokokkoza serdtsa [Successful surgical treatment of echinococcosis of heart]. Kardiologiia i Serdech-Sosud Khirurgiia. 2011;(4):89-92.
- Gundogdu F, Arslan S, Kantarci AM. Intramyocardial echinonocal cyst demonstrated by multislice computed tomography. Heart. 2006 Oct;92(Is 10): 1479.
- Gaibov AD, Kamolov AN, Mirzoev SA, Kalmykov EL, Aminov RS. Emboliia bifurkatsii aorty, vyzvannaia razorvavsheisia ekhinokokkovoi kistoi serdtsa [Embolism bifurcation of the aorta caused by a ruptured hydatid cyst of the heart]. Kardiologiia i Serdech-Sosud Khirurgiia. 2009;(5):89-92.
- Il'inov VN, Kozlov BN, Kuznetsov MS, Panfilov DS, Nasrashvili GG, Lelik EV, i dr. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie bol'noi s ekhinokokkovoi kistoi verkhushki levogo zheludochka serdtsa [Surgical treatment of patients with hydatid cyst of the apex of the left ventricle]. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2014;(11):70-72.
- Birincioğlu CL, Tarcan O, Bardakci H, Saritaş A, Taşdemir O. Off-pump technique for the treatment of ventricular myocardial echinococcosis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2003 Apr;75(4):1232-37.
- Thameur H, Abdelmoula S, Chenik S, Bey M, Ziadi M, Mestiri T, et al. Cardiopericardial hydatid cysts. World J Surg. 2001 Jan;25(1):58-67.
- Yan F, Huo Q, Abudureheman M, Qiao J, Ma S, Wen H. Surgical treatment and outcome of cardiac cystic echinococcosis. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2015 Jun;47(6):1053-8. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezu323.
- Dasbaksi K, Haldar S, Mukherjee K, Mukherjee P. A rare combination of hepatic and pericardial hydatid cyst and review of literature. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2015;10:52-55. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2015.02.052.
- Parvizi R, Namdar H, Bilehjani E, Bayat A, Sheikhalizadeh M. Simultaneous operation of hydatid cyst of the heart and liver: a case report. J Cardiovasc Thorac Res. 2013;5(3):127-28. doi: 10.5681/jcvtr.2013.027.
734003, Republic of Tadzhikistan,
Dushanbe, prospekt Rudaki, d. 139,
meditsinskiy universitet imeni Abuali ibni Sino,
kafedra khirurgicheskih bolezney №2.
tel. office : 992 915 25 00 55;
Sadriev Okildzhon Nemadzhonovich
Gulmuradov T.G. A Corresponding Member of the academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, MD, professor, supervisor of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery.
Sadriev O.N. A leading researcher of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery.
Abdurakhimov Z.Z. MD, professor of the heart surgery department of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery.
Aminov R.S. PhD, a physician of the heart surgery department of the Republican Scientific Center of Cardiovascular Surgery.