This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 3
V.D. LUCENKO1, A.A. SHAPOSHNIKOV1, U.A. KRUT1, G. F. MAGOLIN1, E.M. LUHANINA2 , K.N. IVANCHIKOVA1, T.S. SHEVCHENKO1
PATHOGENETIC SUBSTANTIATION OF USING BIOACTIVE SORPTION GEL FORMULATIONS FOR TREATMENT OF PYOGENIC WOUNDS
FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University"1,
Municipal City Hospital ¹1 2
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To assess dynamics of the wound healing process in white Wistar rats using bioactive sorption-gel formulations.
Methods. The experimental animals were divided into five groups in according to the performed treatment. In the first group 0,9% NaCl was used for wound cleansing. In the second group the water extract of Thymus serpylum was used. In the third group the complex treatment scheme was applied: in the first stage of wound healing the rats were treated by the powder of purified clay containing montmorillonite (MCC); in the second stage – by gel of MCC. In the fourth group the complex scheme of dressing was the following: in the first phase – a dry form of MCC modified by the extract of Thymus serpylum (phytomineral sorbent), in the second phase – gel form of phytomineral sorbent (PMS). In the fifth group the wound dressings were carried with gel form of PMS, throughout the whole period of wound healing process.
Results. The performed studies established that in rats of the III, IV and V groups wound healing was more intensive and treatment terms were 7 days less. In animals of the III and IV groups scrap from healthy tissues got off easily, granulation and epithelialization of the wound surface developed. In the group of rats, where dressings were carried out with the gel PMS throughout the period, less noticeable scar formed. By the 13th days it should be noted that the surface of the wound area in rats of groups III and IV significantly decreased by 73,2 and 81,7%, respectively, indicating the active regeneration of tissues.
Conclusion. The performed research has proved the effectiveness of the application of pyoinflammatory in the complex treatment wounds with PMS: in the first phase – with a dry form, in second phase – with the gel form of MCC.
- Cesca TG, Faqueti LG, Rocha LW, Meira NA, Meyre-Silva C, de Souza MM, et al. Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and wound healing features in animal models treated with a semisolid herbal medicine based on Aleurites moluccana L. Willd. Euforbiaceae standardized leaf extract: semisolid herbal. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Aug 30;143(1):355-62. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2012.06.051.
- Zuo HY, Chen Y. Retinervus luffae fructus (RLF): a novel material for use in negative pressure wound therapy. J Wound Care. 2014 Feb;23(2):81, 84, 86-87.
- Edwards JV, Castro NJ, Condon B, Costable C, Goheen SC. Chromatographic and traditional albumin isotherms on cellulose: a model for wound protein adsorption on modified cotton. J Biomater Appl. 2012 May;26(8):939-61. doi: 10.1177/0885328210390542.
- Tomskikh NN, Bogomolov NI, Kriukova VV, Panichev AM. Prirodnye sorbenty v lechenii gnoinykh ran [Natural sorbents in treatment of purulent wounds]. Biul VSNS SO RAMN. 2007;(4):180.
- Lieder R, Petersen PH, Sigurjónsson óE. Endotoxins-the invisible companion in biomaterials research. Tissue Eng Part B Rev. 2013 Oct;19(5):391-402. doi: 10.1089/ten.TEB.2012.0636.
- Vezentsev AI, Korol'kova SV, Bukhanov VD. Teksturnye kharakteristiki i sorbtsionnye svoistva prirodnoi i magnii-zameshchennoi montmorillonit soderzhashchei gliny [Textural characteristics and sorption properties of natural and magnesium-containing substituted montmorillonite clay]. Nauch Vedomosti BelGU. Ser Estestv Nauki. 2010;9 (11):119-23.
- Bukhanov VD, Vezentsev AI, Ponomareva NF, Kozubova LA, Korol'kova SV, Volovicheva NA, i dr. Antibakterial'nye svoistva montmorillonit soderzhashchikh sorbentov [The antibacterial properties of montmorillonite containing sorbents]. Nauch Vedomosti BelG. Cer Estestv nauki. 2011;17(21):57-63.
- Bukhanov VD, Shaposhnikov AA, Vezentsev AI. Sravnitel'nyi analiz biokhimicheskikh i morfologicheskikh pokazatelei krovi krys na tret'ei stadii protsessa ranozazhivleniia pri lechenii fitomineralosorbentami [Comparative analysis of biochemical and morphological indices of rat blood in the third stage of the process of wound healing by phytomineralosorbents]. Nauch Vedomosti BelGU. Cer Meditsina Farmatsiia. 2014; 26(11):177-80.
- Gavriliuk BK, Gavriliuk VB. Cposob polucheniia sredstva dlia ustraneniia defektov kozhi i lecheniia ran v vide gelia na osnove vodorastvorimykh polisakharidov rastitel'nogo proiskhozhdeniia [A method of producing a medications of reducing skin defects and treatment of wounds in gel form, based on water-soluble polysaccharides of vegetable origin]: patent RF ¹ 2454242. 27.06.2012.
- Shapovalov SG. Sovremennye ranevye pokrytiia. Moscow, RF: Farmindeks-Praktik; 2005. 46 p.
- Dário GM, da Silva GG, Gonçalves DL, Silveira P, Junior AT, Angioletto E, et al. Evaluation of the healing activity of therapeutic clay in rat skin wounds. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Oct;43:109-16. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2014.06.024.
- Gaskell EE, Hamilton AR. Antimicrobial clay-based materials for wound care. Future Med Chem. 2014 Apr;6(6):641-55. doi: 10.4155/fmc.14.17.
- Shameli K, Ahmad MB, Yunus WM ZW, Rustaiyan A, Ibrahim NA, Zargar M, et al. Green synthesis of silver/montmorillonite/chitosan bionanocomposites using the UV irradiation method and evaluation of antibacterial activity. J Nanomedicine. 2010;5:877-87. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S13632.
- Kasanov KN, Popov VA, Uspenskaia MV, Solov'ev VS, Makin DN, Vezentsev AI, i dr. Razrabotka montmorillonitsoderzhashchei matritsy bioaktivnogo sorbiruiushchego ranevogo pokrytiia [Development of montmorillonite containing the active matrix organic sorbent wound coverage]. Nauch Vedomosti BelGU. Ser Estestv Nauki. 2011;14(3):168-73.
308015, Russian Federation,
Belgorod, ul. Pobedyi, d. 85,
FGAO VO "Belgorodskiy natsionalnyiy issledovatelskiy universitet",
tel. 7 (4722) 30-21-35,
Krut Ulyana Aleksandrovna
Lucenko V.D. MD, professor, a head of the general surgery chair with the course of operative surgery and topographic anatomy of FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University".
Shaposhnikov A.A. BD, professor, a head of biochemistry chair of FSAE HE “Belgorod National Research University”.
Krut U.A. A post-graduate student, an assistant of biochemistry chair of FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University".
Magolin G.F. A technician of the general surgery chair with the course of operative surgery and topographic anatomy of FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University".
Luhanina E.M. A physician, head of the clinical-diagnostic laboratory of the Municipal City Clinical Hospital ¹1.
Ivanchikova K.N. A student of the medical and pediatrics faculty of FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University".
Shevchenko T.S. PhD of biological sciences, senior lecturer of biochemistry chair of FSAE HE "Belgorod National Research University".