This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 4
MILITARY FIELD & SURGERY
V.V. MASLYAKOV, V.G. BARSUKOV, K.G. KURKIN
DIRECT TREATMENT RESULTS OF CHEST GUNSHOT WOUNDS IN CIVILIAN TRAUMA PATIENTS UNDER CONDITIONS OF LOCAL MILITARY CONFLICTS
The branch of PIEE HE "Medical University "Reaviz",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To analyze the treatment results of the chest gunshot wounds among the civilian trauma patients under the local military conflict.
Methods. The results of medical aid rendering to 106 patients were analyzed. The victims were divided into two groups: group A – 62 (58,5%) of wounded patients evacuated to hospitals within 1 hour after the chest injured, group B – 44 (41.5%) – admitted within more than 1 hour after chest injury.
Results. Penetrating wounds in the group A were diagnosed in 38 (61,3%) patients; non-penetrating – in 24 (38,7%). Visceral injuries were revealed in 39 (62,9%) cases. Penetrating wounds in the group B occured in 21 patients (44,7%), non-penetrating – in 23 (52,3%) cases. Injuries of the internal organs were detected in 21 (44,7%) cases.
The patients (group A) were subjected to the following operative interventions: the primary surgical procedure (PSP) of wound of the chest in 50 (80,6%) victims, the emergency thoracotomy was carried out at once in 12 (19,4%) cases. Non-penetrating chest wound was diagnosed during PSP in 24 (38,7%) cases The rest 26 (41,9%) patients were performed thoracotomy after PST. The patients (group B) underwent the following interventions: PSP of the wound was performed in 39 (88,6%) cases; the emergency thoracotomy was carried out at once in 5 (11,4%) victims. The wound was found out to be non-penetrating during PSP in 23 (52,3%). Thoracotomy was carried out after PSP in the rest 16 (36,4%) patients.
In the immediate postoperative period, 30 complications were registered in the group A, 21 complications - in group B. Total mortality in the group A was 12 (19,4%), in the group B – 20 (45,5%).
Conclusion. The breast gunshot wounds of patients among the civilian population, resulting in a local military conflicts, characterized by high morbidity and mortality, the number of which depends on the time of delivery of the injured patients.
- Bedin VV, Radionov IA. Sovremennye podkhody k khirurgicheskomu lecheniiu travmaticheskikh povrezhdenii pecheni [Current approaches to surgical treatment of traumatic lesions of the liver]. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2007;12(3):248-49.
- Gaidarov GM, Alekseeva NIu, Kuz'mina VV. Kontseptual'nye podkhody k organizatsii deiatel'nosti otdeleniia intensivnoi terapii, anesteziologii i reanimatsii v sovremennykh usloviiakh [Conceptual approaches to the organization of intensive care, anesthesiology and intensive care in modern conditions]. Zam Gl Vracha. 2008;(3):22-30.
- Kerimov AZ, Gromov MS. Khirurgicheskaia taktika pri ognestrel'nykh raneniiakh zhivota v usloviiakh regional'nogo konflikta [Surgical Management of gunshot wounds abdomen in a regional conflict]. Sarat Nauch-Med Zhurn. 2010;6(2):460-62.
- Borisov AE, Kuiuachev KE, Muskudinov ND, Turdyev MS. Diagnostika i khirurgicheskaia taktika pri izolirovannoi i sochetannoi travme pecheni [Diagnosis and surgical tactics in isolated and combined liver injury]. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2007;12(3):250.
- Briusov PG, Urazovskii NIu. Novye tekhnologii pri khirurgicheskom lechenii ognestrel'nykh pronikaiushchikh ranenii grudi [New technologies in the surgical treatment of gunshot wounds penetrating the chest]. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2001;(3):46-51.
- Gumanenko EK, Samokhvalov IM, Trusov AA, Badalov VI. Organizatsiia i soderzhanie spetsializirovannoi khirurgicheskoi pomoshchi v mnogoprofil'nykh voennykh gospitaliakh 1-go eshelona vo vremia kontrterroristicheskikh operatsii na Severnom Kavkaze [Organization and maintenance of specialized surgical care in a multidisciplinary military hospitals of the 1st tier during counter-terrorist operations in the North Caucasus] (Soobshch 5). Voen- Med Zhurn. 2006;327(3):7-18.
- Masliakov VV, Voinovskii AE, Lysov NA, Gromov MS, Dadaev AIa, Kerimov A3, i dr. Rezul'taty lecheniia ranenii grudi sredi grazhdanskogo naseleniia v lokal'nom voennom konflikte [Results of treatment of chest injuries among the civilian population on a local military conflict]. Med Nauka i Obrazovanie Urala. 2014;(2):96-100.
410012, Russian Federation, Saratov, Upper market, 10. Branch of PEE HE "Medical University" Reaviz "Saratov, chair of surgical diseases.
Tel: 8 (8452) 74-27-21
Maslyakov Vladimir Vladimirovich
Maslyakov V.V. MD, professor, Vice Rector (science work and public relations), PEE HE "Saratov Medical University "Reaviz".
Barsukov V.G. PhD, Associate professor, PEE HE "Saratov Medical University "Reaviz", chair of surgical diseases.
Kurkin K.G. Post-graduate student, PEE HE "Saratov Medical University "Reaviz", chair of surgical diseases.