This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 4
V.V. KUDLA 1, I.G. ZHUK 2, R.I. KRAVCHUK 1, M.A. KURBAT 1, R.R. ZHMAILIK 3
ULTRAMICROSCOPIC COMPARATIVE EVALUATION OF THE LIVER TISSUE REACTION TO THE CLOSURE OF ITS WOUND SURFACE BY THE OMENTUM AND FLUOROPLASTIC
EE "Grodno State Medical University"1,
Grodno Regional Council of Deputies2,
ME "City Clinical Emergency Hospital"3
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To carry out a comparative evaluation of the liver tissue reaction at the ultrastructural level to closure of its wound surface by the omentum and fluoroplastic.
Methods. In the experiment on white rats the marginal resection of the left liver lobe was performed. In the 1st group the wound was peritonized by the strand on the vascular pedicle of omentum fixed to the capsule with koralen 7/0 single interrupted sutures. In the 2nd group the wound defect was closed by a fibrous-porous fluoroplastic flap (2 mm thickness). On the 21st day 5 animals from each group were withdrawn from the experiment. At a distance of 5 mm in depth from the wound surface the samples of material were taken to produce the electron-microscopic preparations. The complex of digital camera Olympus Mega View III and the program for image processing iTEM were used. The morphometric evaluation of quantitative and qualitative parameters of hepatocyte mitochondria with further statistical analysis of the obtained material was performed.
Results. It has been found out that in closure of the liver wound by the omentum and fluoroplastic the similar reversible changes including activation of reparative processes in response to injury after surgery are developed at the ultrastructural level. However, the use of polymer fluoroplastic for plastic closure also causes increased secretory processes with moderate cellular response of the mononuclear phagocyte system. In addition, in the second group the number of lipid inclusions in hepatocytes being an additional source of energy production is increased. At the same time, the signs of active collagen production and therefore fibrosis at the subcellular level are not determined.
Conclusion. The use of the fluoroplastic for the plastic closure of the liver wounds in the experiment is justified due to evoking the same ultrastructural changes in the liver tissue so as using the greater omentum for this purpose.
- Vishnevskii VA, Kubyshkin VA, Chzhao AV, Ikramov RZ. Operatsii na pecheni [Operations on the liver: A guide for Surgery ]: ruk dlia khirurgov. Moscow, RF: Miklosh; 2003. 158 p.
- Lau WY, Lai EC. Classification of iatrogenic bile duct injury. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2007 Oct;6(5):459-63.
- Antonenkova NN, Averkin IuI, Belotserkovskii IV, Zalutskii IV, red. Onkologiia [Oncology]: ucheb posobie. Minsk, RB: Vysh shk; 2007. 703 p.
- Kroez M, Lang W, Dickneite G. Wound healing and degradation of the fibrin sealant Beriplast P following partial liver resection in rabbits. Wound Repair Regen. 2005 May-Jun;13(3):318-23.
- Koshelev VN, Chalyk IuV, Koshelev VN. Prichiny letal'nosti pri povrezhdeniiakh pecheni i selezenki [Causes of mortality in liver and spleen damage]. Vest Khirurgii im II Grekova. 1996;(2):51-53.
- Bondarevskii IIa, Bychkovskikh VA. Rezektsiia pecheni i pochki: tekhnicheskoe obespechenie operatsii i plasticheskie materialy [Resection of the liver and kidneys: logistics operations and plastic materials]. Vestn IuUrGU. 2011;(26):67-70.
- Gal'perin EI, Dederer IuM. Nestandartnye situatsii pri operatsiiakh na pecheni i zhelchnykh putiakh [Non-standard situations during operations on the liver and biliary tract]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1987. 336 p.
- Kovanov VV, Shekhter AB, red. Kollagenoplastika v meditsine [Collagen plastic medicine]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1978. 256 p.
- Grakovich PN, Ivanov LF, Kalinin LA, Riabchenko IL, Tolstopiatov EM, Krasovskii AM. Lazernaia abliatsiia politetraftoretilena [Laser ablation polytetrafluoroethylene]. Ros Khim Zhurn. 2008;LII(3):97-105.
- Tsydik IS, Zhuk IG, Morozov VL. Eksperimental'noe obosnovanie primeneniia otechestvennogo voloknisto-poristogo ftoroplasta-4 (PTFE) dlia plastiki defektov miagkikh tkanei [Experimental substantiation of application of native fiber-porous PTFE-4 (PTFE) plastic for soft tissue defects]. Zhurn GrGMU. 2005;(2):83-85.
- Sudakov NP, Nikiforov SB, Konstantinov IuM, Lepekhova SA. Rol' mitokhondrii v realizatsii mekhanizmov programmirovannoi gibeli kletki [Role of mitochondria in the realization of programmed cell death mechanisms]. Biul VSNTs SO RAMN. 2007;53(1):103-107.
- Gazizov IM, Kaligin MS, Andreeva DI, Iylmaz TS, Gumerova AA, Kiiasov AP. Izmeneniia mikrostruktury pecheni posle chastichnoi gepatektomii u krys [Changes microstructure liver after partial hepatectomy in rats]. Geny i Kletki. 2013;(3):101-105.
Газизов ИМ, Калигин МС, Андреева ДИ, Йылмаз ТС, Гумерова АА, Киясов АП. Изменения микроструктуры печени после частичной гепатэктомии у крыс. Гены и Клетки. 2013;(3):101-105.
- Lyzikov AN, Skuratov AG, Osipov BB. Mekhanizmy regeneratsii pecheni v norme i pri patologii [Mechanisms liver regeneration in norm and at pathology]. Problemy Zdorov'ia i Ekologii. 2015;(1):4-9.
- Roberts RA, Ganey PE, Ju C, Kamendulis LM, Rusyn I, Klaunig JE. Role of the Kupffer cell in mediating hepatic toxicity and carcinogenesis. Toxicol Sci. 2007 Mar;96(1):2-15.
- Sidorova VF, Riabinina ZA, Leikina ZM. Regeneratsiia pecheni u mlekopitaiushchikh [Liver regeneration in mammals]. Leningrad, USSR: Meditsina; 1966. 237 p.
230025, Republic of Belarus, Grodno, Sverdlov st, 3,
EE "Grodno State Medical University", chair of operative surgery and topographic anatomy.
Tel: + 375 152 72-11-72 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kudla Viktor Valentinovich
Kudla V.V. Senior lecturer, EE "Grodno State Medical University", chair of operative surgery and topographic anatomy.
Zhuk I.G. MD, Professor, Chairman, Grodno Regional Council of Deputies.
Kravchuk R.I. PhD (B), Senior researcher, "Grodno State Medical University", research department.
Kurbat M.A. PhD, Ass. Professor, Head, EE "Grodno State Medical University", research department.
Zhmailik R.R. Surgeon-intern, ME "Grodno Clinical Emergency Hospital".