This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 4
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
Y.S. VINNIK, S.S. DUNAEVSKAYA, D.A. ANTUFRIEVA
LIFE QUALITY STUDY OF PATIENTS WITH OBLITERATING ATHEROSCLEROSIS OF THE VESSELS IN THE LOWER EXTREMITIES
SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To estimate life quality of patients with obliterating atherosclerosis of the vessels in the lower extremities against the background of a combined application of lyophilisate alprostadil and a systemic ozone therapy.
Methods. The patients were distributed among four groups depending on the conducted therapy. The standard treatment regimen was applied in the control group. The lyophilisate alprostadil was included in the complex therapy for patients of the first group. The systemic ozone therapy together with a basic therapy was applied in the second group. The lyophilisate alprostadil and ozone therapy were included in the complex treatment regimen for patients of the third group. To study the life quality of patients the questionnaire SF-36 was used before and after a therapy (6 months afterwards).
Results. Low rates of physical functioning and role-physical functioning as well as pain intensiveness were found out to be present in patients with atherosclerosis on admission. Low rates in all groups testified the pain considerably limits the activity of the studied patients. General health, vitality level, social and role-physical functioning were evaluated as average ones. Thus, the indices in all groups had no significant differences and were comparable. Six months afterwards, the indices of "physical functioning" for patients treated with lyophilisate alprostadil and ozone therapy together with the complex treatment regimen were higher than in the control, first and second groups. In 6 months the reduction of "a health psychological component" caused by progression of the main disease was noted in the control group.
Conclusion. The conducted study has verified that a combined application of lyophilisate alprostadil and a systemic ozone therapy reliably reduces pain during walking, thus improving physical and emotional health of patients.
- Nazarova ES, Marchenko AV. Otdalennye rezul'taty konservativnogo lecheniia bol'nykh s obliteriruiushchim aterosklerozom sosudov nizhnikh konechnostei [Long-term results of conservative treatment of patients with atherosclerosis obliterans of the lower limbs]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2006;165(4):74-76.
- Fattakhov VV. Obliteriruiushchii ateroskleroz nizhnikh konechnostei v praktike poliklinicheskogo khirurga [Atherosclerosis of the lower extremities in outpatient practice surgeon]. Prakt Meditsina. 2010; (2):126-30.
- Lambert MA, Belch JJ. Medical management of critical limb ischaemia: where do we stand today? J Intern Med. 2013 Oct;274(4):295-307. doi: 10.1111/joim.12102.
- Sukovatykh BS, Kniazev VV. Vliianie razlichnykh sposobov nepriamoi revaskuliarizatsii na kachestvo zhizni bol'nykh s kriticheskoi ishemiei nizhnikh konechnostei [Effect of different methods of indirect revascularization of the quality of life of patients with critical limb ischemia]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2008;(2):44-47.
- Lagutchev VV, Shchupakova AN. Osobennosti kholesterinovogo profilia syvorotki krovi u patsientov s obliteriruiushchim aterosklerozom arterii nizhnikh konechnostei v sochetanii s klinicheskoi manifestatsiei ateroskleroza mozgovykh, koronarnykh i mezenterial'nykh arterii [Features of cholesterol profile of blood serum in patients with obliterating atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities in conjunction with the clinical manifestation of cerebral atherosclerosis, coronary and mesenteric arteries]. Vestn VGMU. 2010;9(3):35-43.
- Gul'man MI, Vinnik IuS, Iakimov SV, Anishina OV, Karapetian GE, Dunaevskaia SS. Primenenie ozona v khirurgicheskoi praktike [The use of ozone in surgical practice]. Sib Med Obozrenie. 2003;29(4):84-86.
- Ware J E. Measuring patients' views: the optimum outcome measure. BMJ. 1993 May 29; 306(6890): 1429-30.
- Novik AA, Ionova TI, Kaind P. Kontseptsiia issledovaniia kachestva zhizni v meditsine [Concept of quality of life research in medicine]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Elbi; 1999. 140 p.
- Koshkin VM, Sergeeva NA, Kuznetsov MR, Nastavsheva OD. Konservativnaia terapiia u bol'nykh khronicheskimi obliteriruiushchimi zabolevaniiami arterii nizhnikh konechnostei [Conservative therapy in patients with chronic obliterating diseases of lower limb arteries. Current ideas]. Sovremennye predstavleniia. Med Sovet. 2015;(8):6-9.
- Okrut IE, Kontorshchikova KN, Shakerova DA. Ozonoterapiia i produktsiia endotelial'nykh markerov NO i VEGF pri ateroskleroze [Ozone products and markers of endothelial NO and VEGF in atherosclerosis]. Med Al'm. 2013;(3):136-37.
660077, Russian Federation, Krasnoyarsk, Partizan Zheleznyak, 1, Medical University "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named by Professor VF Voyno-Yasenetsky ", chair of general surgery named by Professor MI Gulman.
Vinnik Y.S. MD, Professor, Head, SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky", chair of general surgery named after Professor M.I. Gulman.
Dunaevskaya S.S. MD, Ass. Professor, SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky", Professor, chair of general surgery named after Professor M.I. Gulman.
Antufrieva D.A. Post-graduate student, SBEE HPE "Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky", chair of general surgery named after Professor M.I. Gulman.