This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 5
T.O. PAVLUT 1, T.B. MELIK-KASUMOV 1, I.P. ZHAVORONOK 1, O.A. ANTIPOVA 1, E.I. PEHTEREVA 1, S.A. NOVAKOVSKAYA 1, A.I. VASILKEVICH 2, M.A. KISEL 2, A.Y. MOLCHANOVA 1
THE EFFECT OF N-PALMITOYLETHANOLAMINE AND N-STEAROYLETHANOLAMINE IN LIPOSOMES ON THE HEALING OF EXPERIMENTAL SKIN WOUNDS
SRE " Institute of Physiology, NAS of Belarus"1,
SRE "Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry", NAS of Belarus"2,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To study wound-healing properties of N-palmitoylethanolamine and N-stearoylethanolamine in liposomes and to compare their action with the drug has also proven to be effective and safe.
Methods. The wound-healing effects of N-palmitoylethanolamine and N-stearoylethanolamine were studied on white male rats (n=214) with three types of skin wounds: incision, excision and burn wounds. To study each type of wounds the animals were divided into groups: control (untreated wounds), negative control (or solvent), positive control (Methyluracil ointment), N-palmitoylethanolamine and N-stearoylethanolamine. The general state of animals was monitored daily; all wounds were photographed and then treated with tested substances. In wound model treatment was continued till the complete healing with registration of the date of healing. Conclusion was made according to visual observation, computer planimetry and morphological studies data.
Results. The application of both of N-acylethanolamines has not reduced the healing time of incision wounds which lasted during 8-10 days. Excision wound completely healed (in control group) within 21-25 days and 22-25 days in treating with N-stearoylethanolamine. In contrast, daily application of palmitoylethanolamine on the surface of excision wound has shorten the healing up to 18-19 days (p<0,05). Thermal burns of IIIA degree healed in control rats within 30-32 days. Use of both of N-acylethanolamines reduced this period up to 27-28 days, as for N-stearoylethanolamine the changes were statistically reliable (p<0,05).
Conclusion. N-palmitoylethanolamine and N-stearoylethanolamine in liposomes stimulate the regeneration of experimental skin wounds. Palmitoylethanolamine accelerates excision skin wounds healing whereas N-stearoylethanolamine healing of burns. N-acylethanolamines seems to be promising as a base for wound-healing agents. Further research in this direction could be a scientific background for new drugs development.
- Molchanova AIu. Endokannabinoidnaia sistema: fiziologiia, patofiziologiia, terapevticheskii potentsial [Endocannabinoid system: physiology, pathophysiology, therapeutic potential]. Minsk, RB: Bel Navuka; 2015. 211 p.
- Kaliuzhnaia LD, Gorbenko AV. Agonisty kannabinoidnykh retseptorov v dermatologii – novaia tekhnologiia korrektsii zuda i vospaleniia v kozhe [Agonists of cannabinoid receptor in dermatology - new technology of correction of skin itchy and inflammation]. Ukr Zhurn Dermatolog³¿ Venerolog³¿ Kosmetolog³¿. 2011;4(43):17-27.
- Tromza VE, Nikiforova IN. Farmakologicheskie svoistva kannabinoidov. Izv Nats Akad Nauk Belarusi [The pharmacological properties of cannabinoids]. Ser Med Nauk. 2010;(1):112-19.
- Bíró T, Tóth BI, Haskó G, Paus R, Pacher Pál. The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009 Aug;30(8):411-20. doi: 10.1016/j.tips.2009.05.004.
- Lambert DM, Vandevoorde S, Jonsson KO, Fowler CJ. The palmitoylethanolamide family: a new class of anti-inflammatory agents? Curr Med Chem. 2002 Mar;9(6):663-74. doi: 10.2174/0929867023370707.
- Berdyshev AG, Gulaia NM, Chumak AA, Kindruk NL. Vliianie N-stearoiletanolamina na soderzhanie svobodnykh aminokislot v krovi i pecheni krys pri eksperimental'nom ozhoge [Effect of N-stearoylethanolamine on the concentration of free amino acids in the blood and liver of rats with experimental burns]. Biomed Khimiia. 2011;57(4):446-54. doi: 10.18097/pbmc20115704446.
- Zhukov OD, Berdishev AG, Kosiakova GV, Kl³mashevs'kii VM, Gor³d'ko TM, Meged' OF, i dr. Vpliv N-stearo¿letanolam³na na r³ven' 11-oksikortikostero¿d³v, tsitok³n³v IL-1β, IL-6 i TNFα v shchur³v za nespetsif³chnogo zapalennia, pri term³chnomu op³ku shk³ri. [Effect of N-stearoylethanolamine on the level of 11 glucocorticoids, cytokines IL-1β, IL-6 and TNFα in rats with non-specific inflammation in thermal skin burns]. Ukr Biochem J [Elektronnyi resurs]. 2014 [data dostupa: 26.02.2016];86(3):88-97. Rezhim dostupa: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/BioChem_2014_86_3_12.
- Allen TM, Cullis PR. Liposomal drug delivery systems: from concept to clinical applications. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2013 Jan;65(1):36-48. doi: 10.1016/j.addr.2012.09.037.
- Pattni BS, Chupin VV, Torchilin VP. New developments in liposomal drug delivery. Chem Rev. 2015;115(19):10938-966. doi: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.5b00046.
- Frolova NI, Mel'nikova TI, Buriakina AV, Vishnevskaia EK, Avenirova EL, Sivak KV, i dr. Metodicheskie podkhody k eksperimental'nomu izucheniiu dermatotropnykh sredstv [Methodological approaches to the experimental study of dermotropic drugs]. Eksperim i Klin Farmakologiia. 2009;72(5):56-60.
- Kumar V, Khan AA, Nagarajan K. Animal models evaluation of wound healing activity. Int Bul Drug Res. 2013;3(5):93-107.
- Eliseev VG, Subbotin MIa, Afanas'ev IuA, Kotovskii EF. Osnovy gistologii i gistologicheskoi tekhniki [Fundamentals of histology and histological techniques]. 2 izd. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1967. 268 p.
- Nesterova IuV, Povet'eva TN, Nagorniak IuG, Perova AV, Andreeva TI, Rosliakova EP, i dr. Mekhanizmy vliianiia kompleksnykh i vydelennykh veshchestv iz zhivokosti vysokoi na reparativnuiu aktivnost' tkanei v eksperimente [Mechanisms of influence of complex and isolated compounds from larkspur high on reparative tissue activity in the experiment] Eksperim i Klin Farmakologiia. 2009;72(3):40-43.
- Plecheva DV, Alekhin EK. Stimuliatsiia reparativnoi regeneratsii kozhi krys oksimetiluratsilom [Stimulation of reparative regeneration of the skin of rats by oxymetiluratsilom]. Eksperim i Klin Farmakologiia. 2004;67(5):63-66.
220072, Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Akademicheskaia st., 28,
Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
laboratory of modulation of
Phone: +375 29 568-33-82
Pavlut Tatjana Olegovna
Pavlut T.O. Researcher, laboratory of modulation of the body functions. "Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus".
Melik-Kasumov T.B. PhD (Physiology), Senior Researcher, laboratory of modulation of the body functions, "Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus".
Zhavoronok I.P. PhD (Physiology), Researcher, laboratory of modulation of the body functions, "Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus.
Antipova O.A. Junior researcher, laboratory of modulation of the body functions", Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus.
Pehtereva E.I. Junior researcher, laboratory of modulation of the body functions" Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus.
Novakovskaya S.A. PhD (Morphology), Head of laboratory "Center of light and electronic microscopy", "Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus. Vasilkevich A.I. Researcher, laboratory of lipids chemistry, "Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry", NAS of Belarus.
Kisel M.A. Dr.Sci. (Chemistry), professor, Head of laboratory of lipids chemistry, "Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry", NAS of Belarus
Molchanova A.Yu. PhD (Physiology), Head of laboratory of modulation of the body functions, "Institute of Physiology", NAS of Belarus".