This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 5
E.P. KULIKOV1, Y.D. KAMINSKY1,2, I.I. VINOGRADOV2, M. Y. HOLCHEV2, S.V. KLEVTSOVA1
POSSIBILITIES OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF RECURRENT RETROPERITONEAL LIPOSARCOMAS
SPEE HPE "Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov"1
SBE "Ryazan Regional Clinical Oncologic Center"2,
The Russian Federation
The case report of the recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcoma is presented as well as the tactics of management patients with this pathology by the example of a certain clinical situation.The peculiarity of the clinical example of the presented patient is a long anamnesis of liposarcoma with the multiple recurrent course. At the time of admission to Ryazan Regional Clinical Oncology Center, the patient had the fifth recurrence of liposarcoma. During the period from 2009 to 2015 the patient underwent five operations on the primary tumor and its recurrences and 11 courses of chemotherapy. In July, 2015 the patient underwent the 6th operation to remove the recurrent tumors of the retroperitoneal space and the course of adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy with cisplatin. The patient was discharged from the hospital to be dynamically observed. The next control examination (10 months later) showed no signs of disease recurrence according to clinical and ultrasound criteria.
There is no consensus regarding management of patients with recurrent retroperitoneal non-organic tumors and they classified as the patients for whom today clearly defined treatment has not been established. However, the surgery remains the most successful treatment method of patients with recurrent retroperitoneal tumors and the presented clinical example demonstrates that the complete surgical resection is the only potential curative treatment modality (with maximal degree of cytoreduction).
- Babaian LA. Neorgannye zabriushinnye opukholi. Izbrannye lektsii po klinicheskoi onkologii [Non-organic retroperitoneal tumor. Selected lectures in clinical oncology] Chissov VI, Dar'ialova SL, red. Moscow, RF; 2000. 735 p.
- Klimenkov AA, Gubina GI. Neorgannye zabriushinnye opukholi: osnovnye printsipy diagnostiki i khirurgicheskoi taktiki [Non-organic retroperitoneal tumor: the basic principles of diagnostics and surgical tactics]. Prakt Onkologiia. 2004;5(4):285-90.
- Kulikov EP, Riazantsev ME, Zubareva TP, Sudakov IB, Kaminskii IuD, Sudakov AI, i dr. Dinamika zabolevaemosti i smertnosti ot zlokachestvennykh novoobrazovanii v Riazanskoi oblasti v 2004-2014 godakh [Dynamics of morbidity and mortality from cancer in the Ryazan region in 2004-2014 years]. Ros Med-Biol Vestn im Akad IP Pavlova. 2015;(4):109-15.
- Mytsik IuO. Rol' diffuzno-vzveshennoi vizualizatsii magnitno-rezonansnoi tomografii v differentsial'noi diagnostike zlokachestvennykh novoobrazovanii pochki [The role of diffusion-weighted imaging MRI in the differential diagnosis of malignant kidney tumors]. Nauka Molodykh. 2014;(4):121-27.
- Chissov VI, Davydov MI. Onkologiia [Oncology]: nats ruk. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2008. 1072 p.
- Stoliarov VI, Gorzov PP. Kombinirovannye operatsii pri neorgannykh opukholiakh zabriushinnogo prostranstva [Combined surgery for non-organic retroperitoneal tumors]. Vopr Onkologii. 1996; 42(1):103-105.
- Stilidi IS, Gubina GI, Nered SN, Klimenkov AA, Sel'chuk VIu, Tiurin IE, i dr. Neposredstvennye rezul'taty khirurgicheskogo lecheniia neorgannykh zabriushinnykh opukholei [The immediate results of surgical treatment of non-organic retroperitoneal tumors]. Ros Onkol Zhurn. 2007;(1):25-28.
- Nered SN, Stilidi IS, Klimenkov AA, Bolotskii VI, Anurova OA. Kliniko-morfologicheskie osobennosti i rezul'taty khirurgicheskogo lecheniia zabriushinnykh neorgannykh liposarkom [Clinico-morphological features and results of surgical treatment of non-organic retroperitoneal liposarcomas]. Vopr Onkologii. 2012;58(1):94-100.
- Barnes L, Tse LLY, Hunt JL, Michaels L. Ch 8: Tumours of the Paraganglionic System: introduction. In: Barnes L, Eveson JW, Reichart P, Sidransky D, eds. Pathology and genetics of head and neck tumors. Lyon: IARC Press; 2005. p. 362-70.
- Gronchi A, Casali PG, Fiore M, Mariani L, Lo Vullo S, Bertulli R, et al. Retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcomas: patterns of recurrence in 167 patients treated at a single institution. Cancer. 2004 Jun 1;100(11):2448-55.
- Lehnert T, Cardona S, Hinz U, Willeke F, Mechtersheimer G, Treiber M, et al. Primary and locally recurrent retroperitoneal soft-tissue sarcoma: local control and survival. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009 Sep;35(9):986-93. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2008.11.003.
- van Dalen T, Hoekstra HJ, van Geel AN, van Coevorden F, Albus-Lutter C, Slootweg PJ, et al. Locoregional recurrence of retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma: second chance of cure for selected patients. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2001 Sep;27(6):564-68.
390046, Russian Federation, Ryazan, Sport st., 13,
Ryazan Regional Clinical Oncology Center,
Department of Oncology with a course of radiation diagnosis FADE.
Tel: (4912) 44-88-25
Klevtsova Svetlana Vladimirovna
Kulikov E.P. MD, Professor, Honored physician of RF, Head of department of oncology with the course of radiation diagnostics FADE., SPEE HPE
"Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov".
Kaminsky Y.D. PhD, Ass. Professor of department of oncology with the course of radiation diagnostics FADE, SPEE HPE "Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov".
Vinogradov I.I. PhD, Assistant of department of pathologic anatomy with the course of forensic medicine, SPEE HPE "Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov", pathologist of SBE "Ryazan Regional Clinical Oncologic Center".
Holchev M.Y. Physician of X-ray unit, SBE "Ryazan Regional Clinical Oncologic Center".
Klevtsova S.V. Intern, SPEE HPE "Ryazan State Medical University named after academician I.P. Pavlov", department of oncology with the course of radiation diagnostics FADE.