This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 5
S.V. IVANOV, 1 V.A. LAZARENKO1, I.S. IVANOV1, A.V. IVANOV1, A.V. TSUKANOV1, Y.P. ROZBERG1 , L.P. POPOVA2, D.V. TARABRIN1, Y.G. OBYEDKOV1
MORPHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF PARAPROSTHESIS CAPSULE DURING IMPLANTATION OF POLYPROPYLENE AND COMPOSITE ENDOPROSTHESIS AGAINST OROTIC ACID USE IN THE EXPERIMENT
SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University" Russian Ministry of Health,
BME "Kursk Regional Clinical Hospital",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To compare dynamics of connective tissue capsule formation around the polypropylene endoprosthesis and self-expandable prosthesis on the background of the drug stimulating collagen synthesis in experiment.
Methods. The experimental study was performed on mature syngeneic albino mice, (n=185, average weight 45-50 g.). All the animals were divided into 4 series, depending on the application of the endoprosthesis and orotic acid. The number of fibroblast cells, lymphocytes, macrophages and neutrophils was counted in the studied histological preparations of abdominal wall with a fragment of the endoprosthesis, stained with hematoxylin and eosin. The regenerative processes and the capsule paraprotesis formation were evaluated on the basis of the ratio of the cells.
Results. In addition of orotic acid to the animal feed ration the relative amount of fibroblasts was higher in 1,43 and 1,06 fold after implantation of polypropylene and the composite endoprosthesis compared with series without drug application. Dynamics of relative increase of mechanocytes amount in a capsule in implantation of the composite endoprosthesis within 30, 60 and 90 days, was greater than the values in a studied similar series with a polypropylene graft in 1,03, 1,14 and 1,10 fold, respectively.
The obtained findings testified about better biocompatibility of the composite endopropthesis consisting of a polypropylene and polylactic acid, manifested by early proliferation.
Conclusion. The application of a new synthetic composite endoprosthesis consisting of polypropylene and polylactic acid in combination with orotic acid is considered to reduce the intensity of aseptic inflammation in the site of implantation and to optimize collagenogenesis of paraprotesis capsule.
- Grigoriuk AA, Kovalev VA, Gorelik MZ. Plastika posleoperatsionnykh ventral'nykh gryzh polipropilenovym implantatom: eksperimental'noe i klinicheskoe issledovanie [Plastic of postoperative ventral hernias by polypropylene implants: an experimental and clinical study]. Tikhookean Med Zhurn. 2006; (1):46-48.
- Rutenburg GM, Bogdanov DIu, Chistiakov AA, Omel"cheiko VA. Vozmozhnosti primeneniia razlichnykh variantov khirurgicheskogo lecheniia posleoperatsionnykh ventral'nykh gryzh [Possibilities of application of various variants of surgical treatment of postoperative ventral hernias]. Gerniologiia. 2005;(4):3-8.
- Veligotskii NN, Komarchuk VV, Komarchuk EV, Kasumba K. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie gryzh na fone displazii soedinitel'noi tkani [Surgical treatment of hernias in the background of connective tissue dysplasia]. Ukr Zhurn Xipypgii. 2011;(3):236-39.
- Henriksen NA, Yadete DH, Sorensen LT, Agren MS, Jorgensen LN. Connective tissue alteration in abdominal wall hernia. Br J Surg. 2011 Feb;98(2):210-9. doi: 10.1002/bjs.7339.
- Moger CJ, Arkill KP, Barrett R, Bleuet P, Ellis RE, Green EM, et al. Cartilage collagen matrix reorientation and displacement in response to surface loading. J Biomech Eng. 2009 Mar;131(3):031008. doi: 10.1115/1.3049478.
- Galimov OV, Musin RZ. Primenenie “stimuliatora regeneratsii” pri khirurgicheskom lechenii posleoperatsionnykh ventral'nykh gryzh [The use of "stimulator of regeneration" in the surgical treatment of postoperative ventral hernias]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2001;160(4):84-86.
- Wess TJ, Orgel JP. Changes in collagen structure: drying, dehydrothermal treatment and relation to long term deterioration. Thermochim Acta. 2000 Dec;365(1-2):119-28. doi: 10.1016/S0040-6031(00)00619-5.
- Smirnova ED, Protasov AV, Shukhtin NIu, Titarov DL, Navid MN. Allogernioplastika s ispol'zovaniem bezfiksatsionnogo implanta Parietene ProGrip [Alloherniaplasty with fixation-free implant Parietene ProGrip]. Izv Tul gos un-ta Estestv nauki. 2011;(1):265-72.
- Gromova OA, Torshin IIu, Kalacheva AG, Fedotova LE, Gromov AN, Rudakov KV. Khemoinformatsionnyi analiz molekuly orotovoi kisloty ukazyvaet na protivovospalitel'nye, neiroprotektornye i kardioprotektornye svoistva liganda magniia [Chemoinformation analysis orotic acid molecule indicates the anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and cardioprotective properties of magnesium ligand]. Farmateka. 2013;(13):95-104.
- Korzhevskii DE, Giliarov AV. Osnovy gistologicheskoi tekhniki [Basics of histologic techniques]. S-Petersburg, RF: SpetsLit; 2010. 96 p.
- Avtandilov GG. Meditsinskaia morfometriia [Medical morphometry]: ruk. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1990. 384 p.
305041, Russian Federation, Kursk,
Karl Marx st., 3, Kursk State Medical University,
department N1of surgical diseases.
Tel: +7 (4742) 35-36-90
Ivanov Ilya Sergeevich
Ivanov S.V. MD, Professor, Head of department N1 of surgical diseases, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Lazarenko V.A. MD, Professor, Rector, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Ivanov I.S. MD, Professor of department N1 of surgical diseases, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Ivanov A.V. MD, Professor, Head of department of histology, cytology and embryology, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Tsukanov A.V. PhD, Ass. Professor of department N1of surgical diseases, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Rozberg E.P. MD, Ass. Professor of department N1 of surgical diseases, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Popova L.P. Physician-cytologist, BME "Kursk Regional Clinical Hospital".
Tarabarin D.V. Assistant of department N1 of surgical diseases, SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".
Obyedkov E.G. Assistant of department N1 of surgical diseases.SBEE HPE "Kursk State Medical University".