This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 5
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
S.M. SMOTRIN 1, A.I. ASLAUSKI 1, V.D. MELAMED 1, P.V. GRAKOVICH 2
SORPTION-DRAINAGE DEVICES IN COMPLEX TREATMENT OF PURULENT WOUNDS AND SOFT TISSUE ABSCESSES OF SOFT TISSUES
EE "Grodno State Medical University"1
SNE "V.A. Belyi Metal Polymer Research Institute"2,
of Sciences of Belarus,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To evaluate the efficacy of sorption-drainage devices based on carbon fiber sorbent "Karbopon-B-Aktive" in the complex treatment of purulent wounds and soft tissue abscesses.
Methods. The study included the patients (n=218) with soft tissue abscesses and purulent wounds. The control group consisted of 103 patients, and the experimental group – of 115. Two subgroups were formed in the control group – "Control-1" and "Control-2". The subgroup "Control-1" consisted of 62 patients. The abscess cavity was drained with wet-drying gauzes. The subgroup "Control-2" included 41 patients. In those patients purulent cavities were drained by PVC-tubes.
74 patients of the experimental group ("Experience-1") with the size of a purulent cavity up to 30 cm³ drainage was carried out by the sorption-drainage device (CDD), and in 41 patients with the size of purulent cavity more than 30 cm³ ("Experience-2") the sorption-active drainage system (SADS ) was applied. The groups were comparable in age, gender, form and severity of the disease. Efficacy of treatment was assessed according to clinical, laboratory and microbiological studied materials.
Results. In the groups “Experience-1" and "Experience-2" on the 3rd day of studies, scant purulent exudate was observed in 98,4% and 60% of patients, respectively, and in "Control-1" and "Control 2" groups- in only 13,2% and 2,5% of patients. On the day 7th day of the studies the purulent exudate from the wounds in the patients of "Experience-1" and "Experience-2" was not registered. In the control groups purulent exudate from the wound remained. At the same time in both experimental groups more rapid positive dynamics of clinical indices of blood, LII, LIS, characterizing the severity of the inflammatory process was observed.
Conclusion. The sorption-drainage device (CDD) and sorption-active drainage system (SADS) facilitate the rapid purification of wounds from pus, reduce the intoxication syndrome and shorten the hospitalization period.
- Savel'ev VS, red. Hirurgicheskie infekcii kozhi i mjagkih tkanej. Rossijskie nacional'nye rekomendacii [Surgical infections of skin and soft tissue. Russian national recommendations]. Moscow, RF; 2009. 90 p.
- Kozlov RS, Krechikova OI, Ivanchik NV, et al. Etiology of nosocomial bacterial infections in Russia. Proceedings of the 48th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 2008 Oct 25–28; Washington, DC, USA; p. 572, abst. K-4108.
- Abaev JuK. Hirurgicheskaja povjazka [Surgical dressing]. Minsk, RF: Belarus'; 2005. 150 p.
- Leaper D. Evidence-based wound care in the UK. Int Wounds J. 2009 Apr;6(2):89-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-481X.2009.00581.x.
- Browne A, Dow G, Sibbald RG. Infected wounds: definitions and controversies. In: Falanga V, ed. Cutaneous wound healing. London, UK: Martin Dunitz; 2001. ð. 203-19.
- Lacci KM, Dardik A. Platelet-rich plasma: support for its use in wound healing. Yale J Biol Med. 2010 Mar; 83(1):1-9.
- Oslavskij AI, Smotrin SM, Prokopchik NI, Zhmakin AI. Vlijanie uglevoloknistyh sorbentov na zazhivlenie jeksperimental'nyh ran [Effect of carbon fiber sorbents on the healing of experimental wounds]. Zhurn Grodn gos med un-ta. 2013;(1):73-79.
- Smotrin SM, Oslavskij AI, Grakovich PN, Kuznecov AG. Sorbcionno-drenazhnoe ustrojstvo dlja gnojnyh ran i polostej [Sorption-drainage device for septic wounds and cavities]. Patent ¹ 7187 Resp Belarus', MPK A61M27/00. 2011 Apr 30.
- Oslavskij AI, Melamed VD, Bychkovskij PM, Homenkov VG. Sorbcionno-aktivnaja drenazhnaja sistema dlja gnojnyh ran i polostej [Sorption-active drainage for septic wounds and cavities]. Patent ¹ 9616 Resp Belarus', MPK A61M27/00. 2013 Okt 30.
- Ostrovskij VK, Mashhenko AV, Jangolenko DV. Pokazateli krovi i lejkocitarnogo indeksa intoksikacii pri vospalitel'nyh, gnojnyh ignojno-destruktivnyh zabolevanijah [Indices of blood and leukocyte index of intoxication in inflammatory, purulent-destructive diseases]. Klin Lab Diagnostika. 2006;(6):50-53.
- Modificirovannaja licevaja shkala boli (FPS-R) [Modified facial pain scale (FPS-R)] [Jelektronnyjresurs]. Mode of access: live.com.ua/health/shkaly-ocenki-boli-u-vzroslyh_80316i15959.html.
230009, Republic of Belarus,
Grodno, Gorky st., 80,
Grodno State Medical University,
department N2 of surgical diseases.
Tel:+ 375 29 781-00-78
Smotrin Sergei Mikhailovich
Smotrin S.M. MD, Professor of department N2 of surgical diseases, Grodno State Medical University,
Aslausli A.I. Assistant department N2 of surgical diseases, Grodno State Medical University,
Melamed V.D. PhD, Ass. Professor of department N2 of surgical diseases, Grodno State Medical University,
Grakovich P.N. PhD, Leading Researcher, V.A. Belyi Metal Polymer Research Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.