This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2016 Vol. 24 No 6
M.V. OLIZAROVICH 1,2, P.S. REMOV1,2
MICROSURGICAL INTERVENTION ON THE SPINE USING COMPUTER CALCULATION AND GRAPHIC VISUALIZATION
E "Gomel Regional Clinical Hospital"1,
EE "Gomel State Medical University"2
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. Identification of the factors that determine the volume of resection of the posterior supportive complex bone structures, and evaluation of the effectiveness of microsurgical interventions on the lumbosacral part of spine conducted according to a pre-surgical computer calculation and graphical visualization.
Methods. Microsurgical interventions for dystrophic pathology of the spine had been performed in 43 patients.Resection of the bone and ligament structures was carried out according to the preoperative computer calculations. The type of bone resection in the dependence on the level of intervention and compressing factor, parameters of the interarch spaces have been analyzed. Quality-of-life considerations in patients undergoing surgical treatment was evaluated in the late postoperative period.
Results. The effect of compressing factor type and parameters of interarchspace on the resection volume of bone structures of the posterior supportive complex was established during the study. Interlaminectomy was performed reliably more often (p<0,05) at the level of LV-SI well as in cases of intervertebral disc hernias (IVD) without sequestration. Partial hemilaminectomy of both arches (above- and underlying vertebrum), supplemented by the medial facetectomy prevailed (p<0,05) at LIV-LV level, as well as in cases of the central segmental spinal canal stenosis. According to the calculations, the length of the bone window in cases of IVD hernias without sequestration was significantly less in comparison with the cases of sequestered hernias (p<0,01) and the central spinal canal stenosis (p<0,01). Analysis of the parameters of the interarch spaces has shown that in the segments of LIV-LV level, the interarch space on both sides is narrower (p<0,0001) and shorter (p<0,0001) compared to the segments of LV-SI level.
Conclusion. Technical aspects, laid down in the computer calculation algorithm, permitted to improve significantly the life quality of patients 6 months after the intervention (p <0,01). The developed methodology for the preoperative planning was carried out by means of the available software and didn’t require bulky, expensive equipment.
- Shchedrenok VV, Sebelev KI, Anikeev NV, Tiul'kin ON, Kaurova TA, Moguchaia OV. Izmeneniia dugootrostchatykh sustavov pri travme i degenerativno-distroficheskikh zabolevaniiakh poiasnichnogo otdela pozvonochnika [Changes facet joints in trauma and degenerative diseases of the lumbar spine.]. Travmatologiia i Ortopediia Rossii. 2011;(60):114-17.
- Chernorotov VA, Kradinov VA, Kradinova EA. Definition of forecast development of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and its role in choosing the tactics of the sanatorium rehabilitation. Journal of Health Sciences. 2014;(1):171-78.
- Akshulakov SK, Kerimbaev TT, Aleinikov VG, Urunbaev EA, Kisaev EV, Sansyzbaev AB, i dr. Sovremennye problemy khirurgicheskogo lecheniia degenerativno-distroficheskikh zabolevanii pozvonochnika [Current problems in the surgical treatment of degenerative diseases of the spine]. Neirokhirurgiia i Nevrologiia Kazakhstana. 2013;(30):7-16.
- Khanaev AL. Predoperatsionnoe planirovanie protiazhennosti dorsal'nogo spondilodeza pri vrozhdennykh skolioticheskikh deformatsiiakh pozvonochnika [Preoperative planning the length of the dorsal spinal fusion for congenital scoliotic spine deformations]. Khirurgiia Pozvonochnika. 2004;(2):24-30.
- Shchadenko SV, Gorbacheva AS, Arslanova AR, Tolmachev IV. 3D-vizualizatsiia dlia planirovaniia operatsii i vypolneniia khirurgicheskogo vmeshatel'stva (CAS-tekhnologii) [3D-visualization for operational planning and execution of surgery (CASE-technology]. Biul Sib Meditsiny. 2011;13(4):165-72.
- Kariev MKh, Norov AU. Rol' komp'iuternoi tomografii v diagnostike gryzh mezhpozvonkovykh diskov i degenerativnogo stenoza pozvonochnogo kanala u bol'nykh poiasnichnym osteokhondrozom [The role of computed tomography in the diagnosis of herniated discs and degenerative spinal canal stenosis in patients with lumbar osteochondrosis]. Ukr Neirokhirurg Zhurn. 2001;(4):126-28.
- Paholpak P, Wang Z, Sakakibara T, Kasai Y. An increase in height of spinous process is associated with decreased heights of intervertebral disc and vertebral body in the degenerative process of lumbar spine. Eur Spine J. 2013 Sep;22(9):2030-34. doi: 10.1007/s00586-013-2764-y.
- Ogura H, Miyamoto K, Fukuta S, Naganawa T, Shimizu K. Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography-myelography for quantitative evaluation of lumbar intracanalar cross-section. Yonsei Med J. 2011 Jan;52(1):137-44. doi: 10.3349/ymj.2011.52.1.137.
- Holly LT, Foley KT. Intraoperative spinal navigation. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003 Aug 1;28(15 Suppl):S54-61.
- Mezger U, Jendrewski C, Bartels M. Navigation in surgery. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2013 Apr;398(4):501-14. doi: 10.1007/s00423-013-1059-4.
- Mannion AF, Denzler R, Dvorak J, Grob D. Five-year outcome of surgical decompression of the lumbar spine without fusion. Eur Spine J. 2010 Nov;19(11):1883-91. doi: 10.1007/s00586-010-1535-2.
- Polishchuk NE, Slyn'ko EI, Muravskii AV, Brinkach IS. Osobennosti tekhniki mikrodiskektomii nizhnepoiasnichnykh diskov v zavisimosti ot ikh topografo-anatomicheskikh variantov [Features of microdiscectomy technique of lower lumbar disc based on their topographic and anatomical variants]. Ukr Neirokhirurg Zhurn. 2011;(3):44-51.
246000, Republic of Belarus,
Gomel, Lange st., 5,
UO "Gomel State
Department of neurology and neurosurgery.
Tel. mob: +375 44 748 43 72
Tel.: 8 0232 40-76-01
Olizarovich Mikhail Vladimirovich
Olizarovich M.V. PhD, Ass. Professor of the neurology and neurosurgery department, EE "Gomel State Medical University", neurosurgeon of the neurosurgical unit N1 of "Gomel Regional Clinical Hospital".
Remov P.S. Assistant of the neurology and neurosurgery department, EE "Gomel State Medical University", neurosurgeon of the neurosurgical unit N1, E "Gomel Regional Clinical Hospital".