This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2018 Vol. 26 No 1
A.A. NAZARCHUK, S.V. VERNYGORODSKYI, V.G. PALII, G.G. NAZARCHUK
EXPERIMENTAL RESEACH OF EFFECTIVENESS OF ANTIMICROBIAL SURGICAL MATHERIALS CONTAINING DECAMETHOXINUM
National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, Ukraine
Objective. To study the properties of antimicrobial surgical materials containing decamethoxinum.
Methods. In the experimental model of the wound primary infected by Staphylococcus (60 white mongrel male rats), the antimicrobial effectiveness of dressings (medical coarse calico) and suture (silk) materials, impregnated with antiseptic decamethoxinum (with 1,10-Decamethylene-bis-(N,N-dimethylmethoxycarbonylmethyl) ammonium dichloride), in comparison with topical wound management with chlorhexidine was researched. The effectiveness of wound healing was studied experimentally by standard microbiological and morphological methods (3rd, 7th, 14th days).
Results. The decrease of S. aureus colonization in wounds (6.47±0.11 CFU/ml) was registered on the 3rd day after administration of antimicrobial silk and medical coarse calico with decamethoxinum. The use of materials, impregnated with decamethoxinum was proved to have advantages in reduction of S. aureus colonization (in 1.3-1.4 times) after 7 days. Complete reduction of S. aureus from wounds was registered on the 14th day. But at the same time, in the comparison group microbial colonization was higher than 106 CFU/ml (p<0.01).
In comparison group the pathomorphological changes of skin were noted such as a significant inflammation response, purulent inflammation extension in the derma (3rd day). While using antimicrobial silk and dressings with decamethoxinum, the depression of inflammatory reaction more than in 1.5 times was registered (p<0.05); exudation and purulent character of the inflammatory process was specified in the form of the expressed activation of leucocytes and macrophages in the first 7 days. In comparison group a long-lasting purulent inflammation was observed as well as progression of necrotic and dystrophic disorders (7th day). After using of surgical material, impregnated with decamethoxinum, the acceleration of reparation, more active wound healing were registered (7th, 14th day), than in comparison group (ð<0.05).
Conclusions. The use of antimicrobial surgical materials, impregnated with decamethoxinum provides effective antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous action; synchronizes cell interaction in healing of purulent wounds; creates the balance between maturation and resorption of granulations and scar tissue.
- Sood A, Granick MS, Tomaselli NL. Wound dressings and comparative effectiveness data. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle). 2014 Aug 1;3(8):511-29. doi: 10.1089/wound.2012.0401.
- Kong M, Chen XG, Xing K, Park HJ. Antimicrobial properties of chitosan and mode of action: a state of the art review. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010 Nov 15;144(1):51-63. doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2010.09.012.
- Maksimenia GG. The kliniko-farmakologichesky characteristic of preparations for processing of wounds. Voen Meditsina. 2014;(2):105-14. (in Russ.)
- Percival SL, Finnegan S, Donelli G, Vuotto C, Rimmer S, Lipsky BA. Antiseptics for treating infected wounds: Efficacy on biofilms and effect of pH. Crit Rev Microbiol. 2016;42(2):293-309. doi: 10.3109/1040841X.2014.940495.
- Afinogenov GE, Lebedeva IK, Darovskaya EN, Afinogenova AG, Zaitseva MIu, Moldaver BL, Balaev TA, Bogdanova TIa. A new natural antiseptic «Galenophyllipt» for the treatment of staphylococcal skinmuscle wound infection in white mice. Klin Mikrobiologiia Antimikrob Khimioterapiia. 2010;12(2):170-76. (in Russ.)
- Avtandilov GG. Osnovy patologoanatomicheskoi praktiki: ruk. 3 izd, dop. Moscow, RF: RosMAPO; 2007. 480 p. (in Russ.)
- Obermeier A, Schneider J, Wehner S, Matl FD, Schieker M, von Eisenhart-Rothe R, Stemberger A, Burgkart R. Novel high efficient coatings for anti-microbial surgical sutures using chlorhexidine in fatty acid slow-release carrier systems. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 1;9(7):e101426. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101426. eCollection 2014.
- Popov VA, red. Ranevoi protsess: nanobiotekhnologii optimizatsii. S-Petersburg, RF: SpetsLit, 2013. 199 p. (in Russ.)
- Menke NB, Ward KR, Witten TM, Bonchev DG, Diegelmann RF. Impaired wound healing. Clin Dermatol. 2007 Jan-Feb;25(1):19-25. doi: 10.1016/j.clindermatol.2006.12.005.
Vinnytsya, Pirogov str., 56,
Vinnytsya National Pirogov
Memorial Medical University,
Department of Microbiology
Nazarchuk Alexander A.
Nazarchuk Aleksandr A., PhD, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Microbiology, Vinnytsya National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, Ukraine.
Vernygorodskyi Sergii V., MD, Professor, Professor of the Department of Pathological Anatomy, Forensic Medicine and Law, Vinnytsya National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, Ukraine.
Palii Viktor G., MD, Professor, Professor of the General Surgery Department, Vinnytsya National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, Ukraine.
Nazarchuk Galina G., PhD, Assistant of the Eye Diseases Department, Vinnytsya National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, Ukraine.