This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2019 Vol. 27 No 1
O.YA. POPADYUK 1, O.S. MALYSHEVSKA 1, L.YA. ROPYAK 2, V.S. VYTVYTSKYI 2, M.М. DRONIAK 1
STUDY OF NANO-CONTAINING BIOPOLYMER FILMS THERAPEUTIC AND PHYSICAL-MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University1,
Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas2,
Objective. To investigate the influence of component composition and technological parameters of the formation of nano-containing biopolymer films on their therapeutic and physico-mechanical properties.
Methods. The authors studied nano-containing biopolymer films for wound treatment, which had contained gelatin, polyvinyl alcohol, glycerol, lactic acid, distilled water and zinc nano oxide with various technological mode manufactured. The studied options were as follows: elasticity, degradation time, vapor permeability of biopolymer films. Therapeutic properties of biopolymer films were evaluated based on the results of measuring the protective action diameter.
Results. The biopolymer film treatment properties are directly related to the diameter of the protective action. It has been defined that protective effect diameter of films containing zinc nanooxide increases both with an increase in the ratio of the concentrations of the components of the mixture and with an increase in the content of zinc nanooxide, reaching a maximum protective action diameter of 20.5 mm with its content of 197 mg.
Thermostat exposition period increasing leads to protective action diameter decreasing reaching a minimum, and in the future slightly increases. The increase in the heating temperature adversely affects the therapeutic properties of the film, which is due to the compaction of its structure. The film degradation time increases with increase of component concentration ratio, the zinc nanooxide concentration and the mixture heating temperature. Component composition and biopolymer film obtaining regimes and their influence on elasticity, degradation time and vapor permeability were studied. Introduction of zinc nanooxide into the composition of the film increases firstly its vapor permeability, which, after reaching the maximum, decreases. Biopolymer film is environmentally safe, water and carbon dioxide are released in its destruction. Nano-oxide of zinc is a weakly toxic, non-aggressive component, present in the products of destruction of the film in the bound state and insignificant amount.
Conclusions. Carried out studies have shown that the treatment properties of biodegradable polymeric materials depend on zinc nanooxide concentration, and their degradation properties provide metered delivery of the medicament to the lesion area.
- Boateng SJ, Matthews HK, Stevens HN, Eccleston MG. Wound healing dressings and drug delivery systems: a review. J Pharm Sci. 2008 Aug, 8(97):2892-23. doi: 10.1002/jps.21210
- Karakurkchi A, Sakhnenko M, Ved M. Study of the influence of oxidizing parameters on the composition and morphology of Al2O3•CoOx coatings on AL25 alloy. EEJET. 2018;2:11-19. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2018.128457
- Gnedenkov SV, Sharkeev YP, Sinebryukhov SL, Sinebryukhov SL, Khrisanfova OA, Legostaeva EV, Zavidnaya AG, Puz’ AV, Khlusov IA, Opra DP. Functional coatings formed on the titanium and magnesium alloys as implant materials by plasma electrolytic oxidation technology: Fundamental principles and synthesis conditions (Review). Corros Rev. 2016 Mar; 34(1-2):65-83. doi: 10.1515/corrrev-2015-0069
- Buketov AV, Dolgov NA, Sapronov AA, Nigalatiin VD, Babich V. Mechanical characteristics of epoxy nanocomposite coatings with ultradisperse diamond particles. Strength Mater. 2017 May;49(3):464-71. doi: 10.1007/s11223-017-9888-y
- Ropyak LYa, Shatskyi IP, Makoviichuk MV. Influence of the oxide-layer thickness on the ceramic-aluminium coating resistance to indentation. Metallofiz Nov Tekh. 2017;39(4):517-24. doi: 10.15407/mfint.39.04.0517
- Shatskyi IP. Ropyak LY, Makoviichuk MV. Strength optimization of a two-layer coating for the particular local loading conditions. Strength Mater. 2016 Sep;48(5):726-30. doi: 10.1007/s11223-016-9817-5
- Yasniy O, Vuherer T, Yasniy V, Sobchak A, Sorochak A. Mechanical behaviour of material of thermal power plant steam superheater collector after exploitation.. Eng Fail Anal. 2013;27(1):262-71. doi: 10.1016/j.engfailanal.2012.06.010
- Yasniy V, Maruschak P, Yasniy O, Lapusta Y. On thermally induced multiple cracking of a surface: an experimental study. Int J Fracture. 2013;181(2): 293-300. doi: 10.1007/s10704-013-9826-3
- Shats’kyi IP, Makoviichuk MV. Contact interaction of the crack edges in the case of bending of a plate with elastic support. Mater Sci. 2003;39(3):371-76. doi: 10.1023/B:MASC.0000010742.15838.44
- Shats’kyi IP. Limiting equilibrium of a plate with partially healed crack. Mater Sci. 2015 Nov;51(3):322-30. doi: 10.1007/s11003-015-9845-5
- Chowdhary K, Rathore SPS. Biopolymers for wound healing. Res Reinf. 2015 May-Oct; 2015;3(1):1-8. http://www.researchreinforcement.com/issue4/1.pdf
- Torchilin V. Multifunctional and stimuli-sensitive pharmaceutical nanocarriers. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009 Mar;71(3):431-44. doi: 10.1016/j.ejpb.2008.09.026
- Vicentini DS, Smania JrA, Laranjeira MCM. Chitosan polyvinyl alcohol films containing ZnO nanoparticles and plasticizers. Mater Sci Eng. 2010;30(1):503-508. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2009.01.026
- Volova TG. Degradable polyhydroxyalkanoates of microbial origin as a technical analog of non-degradable polyolefines. SibFU Journal. 2015;8(2):131-51. doi: 10.17516/1997-1389-2015-8-2-131-151
- Popadyuk O.Y. Assessment of degradable and mechanical properties of nano-containing wound healing polymer materials. Novosti Khirurgii. 2017;25(5):454-58. doi: 10.18484/2305-0047.2017.5.454 (Russ.)
Ivano-Frankivsk, Galickaya Str., 2,
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University,
Department of General Surgery.
Tel.: +380 34 252-82-32,
Oleg Y. Popadyuk
Popadyuk Oleg Y., PhD., Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of General Surgery, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
Malyshevska Olga S., PhD., Associate Professor of the Department of Hygiene and Ecology, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
Ropyak Lubomyr Y., PhD., Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Engineering, Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
Vytvytskyi Vasyl S., Postgraduate Student of the Department of Machine Mechanics, Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
Droniak Mykola M., PhD, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Surgery and Cardiac Surgery, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.