This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2019 Vol. 27 No 3
YU.V. SLABADZIN, E.A. ADUTCKEVICH, S.A. SIDOROV
LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY OF COLORECTAL CANCER UNDER THE CONDITIONS OF ADHESIVE PROCESS OF THE ABDOMINAL CAVITY ORGANS
Republican Clinical Medical Center of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk,
The Republic of Belarus
Objective. To assess safety and radicality of laparoscopic surgery of colorectal cancer in conditions of adhesive process of the abdominal organs.
Methods. 124 patients took part in the retrospective study, 41 of them were performed against the background of the existing adhesive process of the abdominal organs. Patients were divided into 2 groups: the main group (41 patients) – patients operated on for colorectal cancer on the background of the adhesive process of the abdominal cavity and control group (comparison group) – 83 patients operated on for colorectal cancer and not having any adhesive process in the abdominal cavity. In order to assess the severity of the adhesive process, as well as the places of fixing the intestinal loops to the anterior abdominal wall, to determine the point of possible installation of the first trocar, preoperative ultrasound examination was performed. Places through which it is possible to introduce trocars were marked. The severity of the adhesive process was assessed intraoperatively according to the scale of the peritoneal adhesion index.
Results. When installing the first 10 mm trocar or Veress needle, there was no damage to the internal organs in any case. The duration of surgical interventions was 40-50 minutes longer in the main group, this time was required for adhesiolysis. Mean hemorrhage in the first and the second group was minimal. Adhesive process of the abdominal cavity and laparoscopic method of surgical intervention did not violate the necessary lymph dissection. In the main and control groups in remote macroparts the proximal and distal margins of the resection were negative from the tumor process, which indicates the correct volume of resection and the possibility of performing laparoscopically in conditions of the adhesive process of the abdominal cavity.
Conclusions. Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity at the preoperative stage allows choosing the right points of the trocar entrance into the abdominal cavity. Execution of adhesions by laparoscopic method increases the visualization of the operation area and the quality of the conducted adhesiolysis, which increases the safety of the performed surgical intervention.
- Global Burden of Disease Cancer Collaboration, Fitzmaurice C, Allen C, Barber RM, Barregard L, Bhutta ZA, Brenner H, Dicker DJ, Chimed-Orchir O, Dandona R, Dandona L, Fleming T, Forouzanfar MH, Hancock J, Hay RJ, Hunter-Merrill R, Huynh C, Hosgood HD, Johnson CO, Jonas JB, Khubchandani J, Kumar GA, Kutz M, Lan Q, Larson HJ, Liang X, Lim SS, Lopez AD, MacIntyre MF, Marczak L, Marquez N, Mokdad AH, Pinho C, Pourmalek F, Salomon JA, Sanabria JR, Sandar L, Sartorius B, Schwartz SM, Shackelford KA, Shibuya K, Stanaway J, Steiner C, Sun J, Takahashi K, Vollset SE, Vos T, Wagner JA, Wang H, Westerman R, Zeeb H, Zoeckler L, Abd-Allah F, Ahmed MB, Alabed S, Alam NK, Aldhahri SF, Alem G, Alemayohu MA, Ali R, Al-Raddadi R, Amare A, Amoako Y, Artaman A, Asayesh H, Atnafu N, Awasthi A, Saleem HB, Barac A, Bedi N, Bensenor I, Berhane A, Bernabé E, Betsu B, Binagwaho A, Boneya D, Campos-Nonato I, Castañeda-Orjuela C, CatalÁ-López F, Chiang P, Chibueze C, Chitheer A, Choi JY, Cowie B, Damtew S, das Neves J, Dey S, Dharmaratne S, Dhillon P, Ding E, Driscoll T, Ekwueme D, Endries AY, Farvid M, Farzadfar F, Fernandes J, Fischer F, G/Hiwot TT, Gebru A, Gopalani S, Hailu A, Horino M, Horita N, Husseini A, Huybrechts I, Inoue M, Islami F, Jakovljevic M, James S, Javanbakht M, Jee SH, Kasaeian A, Kedir MS, Khader YS, Khang YH, Kim D, Leigh J, Linn S, Lunevicius R, El Razek HMA, Malekzadeh R, Malta DC, Marcenes W, Markos D, Melaku YA, Meles KG, Mendoza W, Mengiste DT, Meretoja TJ, Miller TR, Mohammad KA, Mohammadi A, Mohammed S, Moradi-Lakeh M, Nagel G, Nand D, Le Nguyen Q, Nolte S, Ogbo FA, Oladimeji KE, Oren E, Pa M, Park EK, Pereira DM, Plass D, Qorbani M, Radfar A, Rafay A, Rahman M, Rana SM, Søreide K, Satpathy M, Sawhney M, Sepanlou SG, Shaikh MA, She J, Shiue I, Shore HR, Shrime MG, So S, Soneji S, Stathopoulou V, Stroumpoulis K, Sufiyan MB, Sykes BL, Tabarés-Seisdedos R, Tadese F, Tedla BA, Tessema GA, Thakur JS, Tran BX, Ukwaja KN, Uzochukwu BSC, Vlassov VV, Weiderpass E, Wubshet Terefe M, Yebyo HG, Yimam HH, Yonemoto N, Younis MZ, Yu C, Zaidi Z, Zaki MES, Zenebe ZM, Murray CJL, Naghavi M. Global, regional, and national cancer incidence, mortality, years of life lost, years lived with disability, and disability-adjusted life-years for 32 cancer groups, 1990 to 2015: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study. JAMA Oncol. 2017 Apr 1;3(4):524-48. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2016.5688
- Jemal A, Ward EM, Johnson CJ, Cronin KA, Ma J, Ryerson B, Mariotto A, Lake AJ, Wilson R, Sherman RL, Anderson RN, Henley SJ, Kohler BA, Penberthy L, Feuer EJ, Weir HK. Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975-2014, Featuring Survival. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017 Sep 1;109(9). doi: 10.1093/jnci/djx030
- Axel EM. Gastrointestinal cancer statistics. ÑSib Onkol Zhurn. 2017;16(3):5-11. doi: 10.21294/1814-4861-2017-3-5-11
- Okeanov AE, Moiseev PI, Levin LF, Sukonko OG (red). Statistika onkologicheskikh zabolevanii v Respublike Belarus’ (2005-2014). Minsk, RB; 2015. 204 p. (in Russ.)
- Roscio F, Boni L, Clerici F, Frattini P, Cassinotti E, Scandroglio I. Is laparoscopic surgery really effective for the treatment of colon and rectal cancer in very elderly over 80 years old? A prospective multicentric case-control assessment. Surg Endosc. 2016 Oct;30(10):4372-82. doi: 10.1007/s00464-016-4755-7
- Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program (SCOAP) Collaborative, Kwon S, Billingham R, Farrokhi E, Florence M, Herzig D, Horvath K, Rogers T, Steele S, Symons R, Thirlby R, Whiteford M, Flum DR. Adoption of laparoscopy for elective colorectal resection: a report from the Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program. J Am Coll Surg. 2012 Jun;214(6):909-18.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2012.03.010
- Pascual M, Salvans S, Pera M. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery: Current status and implementation of the latest technological innovations. World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Jan 14;22(2):704-17. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v22.i2.704
- Zaevskaya EV. Prognosis of the complicacy of the laparoscopy in the patients with the adhesive disease of the abdominal cavity. Tavr Med-Biol Vestn. 2009;12(3):134-35. http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/25301/33-Zaevskaya.pdf?sequence=1 (in Russ.)
223028, The Republic of Belarus,
Minsk region, Zhdanovichi, 81/5,
Republican Clinical Medical Center
Of the Presidential Administration
of the Republic of Belarus,
Tel. mobile.: +375 29 230-66-84,
Sergey A. Sidorov
Slabadzin Yury V., PhD, Surgeon, Deputy Chief Physician for Surgery, Republican Clinical Medical Center of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Àdutñkevich Ekaterina A., Oncologist, Republican Clinical Medical Center of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
Sidorov Sergey A., Surgeon, Republican Clinical Medical Center of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.