This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2020 Vol. 28 No 6
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
SH.M. ALIEV 1, L.A. NAZIROVA 1, SH.A. ISLAMBEKOVA 1, G.L. PAHOMOV 2
PREDICTING THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT DURING SURGICAL CORRECTION OF SEPTIC ENDOCARDITIS
Republican Specialized Center of Surgery named after academician V. Vakhidov
Objective. To identify the risk factors for the development of acute renal failure in patients with septic endocarditis.
Methods. A single-center prospective non-randomized and retrospective study was conducted in patients (n=107) with septic endocarditis. There were 60 men (56%) and 47 women (44%) with an average age of 42.4±11.3 years (M±ϭ). Patients were divided into two groups: in group 1 (n=23) blood ultrafiltration (UF) during cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) was performed; in group 2 (n=84) blood ultrafiltration was not used. 125 factors were included (age, sex, body surface area and clinical and biochemical parameters) for the prognosis of acute kidney injury (AKI). Factors showing a statistically significant association with AKI were included in the analysis to construct a multiple linear regression equation. The construction of the mathematical model was carried out by the method of least squares, with the calculation of Pearson correlation paired coefficients.
Results. There was no reliable difference in the duration of CPB and the duration of myocardial ischemia in the groups (p=0.326, p=0.464). In group 1 a linear relationship was found between the parameters of AKI and with the number of leukocytes according to Nechiporenko (r=0.95), the amount of cryoprecipitate (r=0.69), fresh frozen plasma (r=0.58), the volume of ultrafiltration (r=0.68), proteinuria (r=0.66) ànd blood creatinine (r=0.67). Group 2 showed a linear relationship between AKI and the left ventricular end-diastolic volume (r=0.69), glomerular filtration rate (r=0.51), blood creatinine (r=0.52), CPB temperature (r=0.42) and CPB time (r=0.59). One patient in the group 2 developed AKI after surgery.
Conclusion. Hyperthermia during CPB and an elevation in CPB time increase the risk of AKI in patients with septic endocarditis
- Picichè M, Ranocchi F, Fiorani B, Bergonzini M, Feccia M, Montalto A, D’ Alessandro C, Cottini M, Gherli R, Mariani B, Paris G, Casali G, Luzi G, Pergolini A, Ferretti E, Giacopin F, Cattolica SL, Madaro L, Musumeci F. Surgical Treatment of Valvular Infective Endocarditis Complicated by An Abscess: A Single Center’s Experience. Interv Cardiol J. 2017;3:1. doi: 10.21767/2471-8157.100045
- Maksudova AN, Halfina TN, Fahrutdinova OJu, Islamova GM. Features of renal damage in infective endocarditis Nefrologija. Prakt Medicina. 2014;1(4):69-71. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osobennosti-porazheniya-pochek-pri-infektsionnom-endokardite (In Russ.)
- Ford MK, Beattie WS, Wijeysundera DN. Systematic review: prediction of perioperative cardiac complications and mortality by the revised cardiac risk index. Ann Intern Med. 2010 Jan 5;152(1):26-35. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-152-1-201001050-00007
- Friedrich MG, Bougioukas I, Kolle J, Bireta C, Jebran FA, Placzek M, Tirilomis T. NGAL expression during cardiopulmonary bypass does not predict severity of postoperative acute kidney injury. BMC Nephrol. 2017 Feb 21;18(1):73. doi: 10.1186/s12882-017-0479-8
- Gatti G, Benussi B, Gripshi F, Della Mattia A, Proclemer A, Cannatà A, Dreas L, Luzzati R, Sinagra G, Pappalardo A. A risk factor analysis for in-hospital mortality after surgery for infective endocarditis and a proposal of a new predictive scoring system. Infection. 2017 Aug;45(4):413-23. doi: 10.1007/s15010-016-0977-9
- Yi Q, Li K, Jian Z, Xiao YB, Chen L, Zhang Y, Ma RY. Risk factors for acute kidney injury after cardiovascular surgery: evidence from 2,157 cases and 49,777 controls – a meta-analysis. Cardiorenal Med. 2016 May;6(3):237-50. doi: 10.1159/000444094
- Mongero L, Stammers A, Tesdahl E, Stasko A, Weinstein S. The effect of ultrafiltration on end-cardiopulmonary bypass hematocrit during cardiac surgery. Perfusion. 2018 Jul;33(5):367-74. doi: 10.1177/0267659117747046
- Matata BM, Scawn N, Morgan M, Shirley S, Kemp I, Richards S, Lane S, Wilson K, Stables R, Jackson M, Haycox A, Mediratta N. A Single-Center Randomized Trial of Intraoperative Zero-Balanced Ultrafiltration During Cardiopulmonary Bypass for Patients With Impaired Kidney Function Undergoing Cardiac Surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015 Oct;29(5):1236-47. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2015.02.020
- Kumar AB, Suneja M, Bayman EO, Weide GD, Tarasi M. Association between postoperative acute kidney injury and duration of cardiopulmonary bypass: a meta-analysis. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012 Feb;26(1):64-9. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2011.07.007
- Karkouti K, Rao V, Chan CT, Wijeysundera DN; TACS Investigators. Early rise in postoperative creatinine for identification of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery. Can J Anaesth. 2017 Aug;64(8):801-809. doi: 10.1007/s12630-017-0899-8
- Benedetto U, Luciani R, Goracci M, Capuano F, Refice S, Angeloni E, Roscitano A, Sinatra R. Miniaturized cardiopulmonary bypass and acute kidney injury in coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009 Aug;88(2):529-35. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2009.03.072
- Damman K, Masson S, Hillege HL, Voors AA, van Veldhuisen DJ, Rossignol P, Proietti G, Barbuzzi S, Nicolosi GL, Tavazzi L, Maggioni AP, Latini R. Tubular damage and worsening renal function in chronic heart failure. JACC Heart Fail. 2013 Oct;1(5):417-24. doi: 10.1016/j.jchf.2013.05.007
- Sigitova ON, Bogdanova AR. Predicton of risk acute kidney injury in coronary heart disease patients. Vestn Sovrem Klin Mediciny. 2013;6(5):18-23.
http://vskmjournal.org/images/Files/Issues_Archive/2013/Issue_5/VSKM_2013_N_5.pdf (In Russ.)
- Iskenderov BG, Sysina ON, Budagovskaja ZM. The risk of acute renal lesions and its prognostic significance in patients with chronic renal disease undergoing surgical intervention. Klin Medicina. 2015;93(2):52-57. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/risk-razvitiya-ostrogo-povrezhdeniya-pochek-i-ego-prognosticheskoe-znachenie-u-bolnyh-s-hronicheskoy-boleznyu-pochek-podvergshihsya (In Russ.)
- Newland RF, Baker RA, Mazzone AL, Quinn SS, Chew DP, Newland RF, Baker RA, Mazzone AL, Quinn SS, Chew DP. Rewarming temperature during cardiopulmonary bypass and acute kidney injury: a multicenter analysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016 May;101(5):1655-62. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2016.01.086
- Schopka S, Diez C, Camboni D, Floerchinger B, Schmid C, Hilker M. Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on acute kidney injury following coronary artery bypass grafting: a matched pair analysis. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014 Jan 18;9:20. doi: 10.1186/1749-8090-9-20
100115, Republic of Uzbekistan,
Tashkent, Chilanzarsky district,
Kichik Khalkayuli str., 10,
Republican Specialized Research Medical Center
of Surgery Named after Academician V. Vakhidov, the Department “Cardiopulmonary Bypass”,
tel.mobile: +99893 5147235,
Islambekova Shakhida A.
Aliev Sherzod M., MD, Chief Cardiac Surgeon of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Head of the Department of Combined Heart Disease, Republican Specialized Research Medical Center of Surgery Named after Academician V. Vakhidov, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan.
Nazirova Lyudmila A., PhD., Head of the Department of Anesthesiology, Republican Specialized Center of Surgery Named after Academician V. Vakhidov https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0303-4110
Islambekova Shakhida A., Perfusionist, the Department of «Cardiopulmonary Bypass», Republican Specialized Research Medical Center of Surgery Named after Academician V. Vakhidov, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan.
Pahomov Georgy L., PhD, Thoracic Surgeon, Associate Professor of the Hospital Surgery Department, Tashkent Medical Academy, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan.