This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2022 Vol. 30 No 1
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
R.E. KALININ 1, I.A. SUCHKOV 1, N.D. MZHAVANADZE 1, V.O. POVAROV 1, E.A. KLIMENTOVA 1, O.N. ZHURINA 1, G.A. PUCHKOVA 2
PROGNOSTIC MARKERS OF RESTENOSIS IN PATIENTS WITH PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE AFTER ENDOVASCULAR PROCEDURES
I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation 1,
Physician of Ultrasound Diagnostics, Ryazan Regional Clinical Cardiologic Dispensary 2, Ryazan,
Objective. To study the role of hemostatic parameters as potential markers of restenosis in patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD) after endovascular procedures.
Methods. An open prospective study involved 55 PAD patients aged 63 (57; 69) with the stage IIb-IV Fontaine chronic lower limb ischemia; 48 (87.3%) subjects were male; 18 (32.73%) patients had type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D). Before angioplasty or stenting of the arteries of the lower extremities, the activity of protein C (PrC), the levels of soluble endothelial receptors for protein C (sEPCR), the activity of coagulation factors FVIII, FIX, FXI were determined in the peripheral blood. Within a year every three months Duplex ultrasound or angiography for follow-up examination have been performed to detect restenosis.
Results. Within one year restenosis was detected in 13 (23.6%) patients. Binary regression analysis revealed T2D, FVIII activity and sEPCR as prognostic markers of restenosis. sEPCR level lower than 46.8 ng/ml was associated with a 4.263 higher risk for restenosis after endovascular procedures (odds ratio 4.263, CI 95% 1.509-12.042); absolute risk 47±11% (CI 95% 25-69 %). The patients with T2D had a 2.6 higher risk for restenosis as compared to subjects without diabetes mellitus (odds ratio 2.6, CI 95% 1.031-6.599); absolute risk 41.18±12% (CI 95% 17.78-64.58%). The probability of developing restenosis was inversely related to the initial indicators of FVIII activity and the level of sEPCR: the lower the absolute values of FVIII and sEPCR, the higher the likelihood of developing restenosis in the postoperative period.
Conclusion. Patients with diabetes mellitus (type 2), reduced activity of coagulation factor FVIII and level of soluble endothelial protein C receptors are at particularly high risk for restenosis
- Katelnitskiy II, Katelnitskiy IgI, Livadnyaya ES. Advantages of modern methods of prevention of thrombotic complications in patients with critical ischemia of lower limbs after reconstructive operations. Ros Med-Biol Vestn im Akad IP Pavlova. 2019;27(4):487-94. doi: 10.23888/PAVLOVJ2019274487-494 Katelnitskiy II, (In Russ.)
- Kalinin RE, Suchkov IA. Mzhavanadze ND, Demikhov VG, Zhurina ON, Klimentova EA. Hemostatic changes in patients with peripheral artery disease before and after bypass surgery. Khirurgiia. Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2018;(8):46-49. doi: 10.17116/hirurgia2018846, (In Russ.)
- Strel’nikova EA, Trushkina PIu, Surov IIu, Korotkova NV, Mzhavanadze ND, Deev RV. Endothelium in vivo and in vitro. Part 1: histogenesis, structure, cytophysiology and key markers. Nauka molodykh (Eruditio Juvenium). 2019;7(3):450-65. doi: 10.23888/HMJ201973450-465, (In Russ.)
- Godo S, Shimokawa H. Endothelial Functions. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017 Sep;37(9):e108-e14. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309813
- Fukudome K, Esmon CT. Molecular cloning and expression of murine and bovine endothelial cell protein C/activated protein C receptor (EPCR). The structural and functional conservation in human, bovine, and murine EPCR. J Biol Chem. 1995 Mar 10;270(10):5571-77. doi: 10.1074/jbc.270.10.5571
- Lattenist L, Ochodnický P, Ahdi M, Claessen N, Leemans JC, Satchell SC, Florquin S, Gerdes VE, Roelofs JJ. Renal endothelial protein C receptor expression and shedding during diabetic nephropathy. J Thromb Haemost. 2016 Jun;14(6):1171-82. doi: 10.1111/jth.13315
- Barmore W, Bajma T, Burns B. Biochemistry, Clotting Factors. [Last Update: May 23, 2020.]. In: StatPearls [Electronic resource]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan [äàòà îáðàùåíèÿ: 2021 ßíâ 06]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507850/
- Gailani D, Gruber A. Factor XI as a Therapeutic Target. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016 Jul;36(7):1316-22. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.116.306925
- Everett LA, Cleuren AC, Khoriaty RN, Ginsburg D. Murine coagulation factor VIII is synthesized in endothelial cells. Blood. 2014 Jun 12;123(24):3697-705. doi: 10.1182/blood-2014-02-554501
- Kamikubo Y, Mendolicchio GL, Zampolli A, Marchese P, Rothmeier AS, Orje JN, Gale AJ, Krishnaswamy S, Gruber A, Østergaard H, Petersen LC, Ruf W, Ruggeri ZM. Selective factor VIII activation by the tissue factor-factor VIIa-factor Xa complex. Blood. 2017 Oct 5;130(14):1661-70. doi: 10.1182/blood-2017-02-767079
- Yazdani-Biuki B, Krippl P, Brickmann K, Fuerst F, Langsenlehner U, Paulweber B, Pilger E, Wascher TC, Brezinschek HP, Renner W. The functional promoter polymorphism of the coagulation factor XII gene is not associated with peripheral arterial disease. Angiology. 2010 Feb;61(2):211-15. doi: 10.1177/0003319709337305
- Vértes M, Juhász IZ, Nguyen DT, Nemes B, Hüttl K, Dósa E. Long aortic part of the stents as a new predictor for in-stent restenosis after kissing stenting of the aortoiliac arteries. EJVES. Book of Abstracts – The European Society for Vascular Surgery 32nd Annual Meeting 2018. 2019;58(Is 6 Suppl 2):e323-e324. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2019.06.938
- Chen N, Chen L, Jiang S, Wang Z, Liu T. Predictive value of P-selectin and endothelin-1 for vascular restenosis after interventional procedures for peripheral artery disease. Exp Ther Med. 2019 May;17(5):3907-12. doi: 10.3892/etm.2019.7407
- Lee S, Hoberstorfer T, Wadowski PP, Kopp CW, Panzer S, Gremmel T. Platelet-to-lymphocyte and neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratios predict target vessel restenosis after infrainguinal angioplasty with stent implantation. J Clin Med. 2020 Jun 3;9(6):1729. doi: 10.3390/jcm9061729
- Armstrong EJ, Waltenberger J, Rogers JH. Percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with diabetes: current concepts and future directions. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2014 May;8(3):581-89. doi: 10.1177/1932296813517058
- Bilgic MA, Yilmaz H, Bozkurt A, Celik HT, Bilgic IC, Gurel OM, Kirbas I, Bavbek N, Akcay A. Relationship of late arteriovenous fistula stenosis with soluble E-selectin and soluble EPCR in chronic hemodialysis patients with arteriovenous fistula. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2015 Feb;19(1):133-39. doi: 10.1007/s10157-014-0955-4
- Meijers JC, Tekelenburg WL, Bouma BN, Bertina RM, Rosendaal FR. High levels of coagulation factor XI as a risk factor for venous thrombosis. N Engl J Med. 2000 Mar 9;342(10):696-701. doi: 10.1056/NEJM200003093421004
- Zamzam A, Syed MH, Rand ML, Singh K, Hussain MA, Jain S, Khan H, Verma S, Al-Omran M, Abdin R, Qadura M. Altered coagulation profile in peripheral artery disease patients. Vascular. 2020 Aug;28(4):368-77. doi: 10.1177/1708538120915997
390026, Russian Federation,
Ryazan, Vysokovoltnaya Str., 9,
I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University,
the Department of Cardiovascular,
Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics,
tel. +7 903 836 24 17,
Suchkov Igor A.
Kalinin Roman E., MD, Professor, Head of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Suchkov Igor A., MD, Professor of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Mzhavanadze Nina D., PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Povarov Vladislav O., PhD, applicant of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Klimentova Emma A., PhD, applicant of the Department of Cardiovascular, X-ray Endovascular, Operative Surgery and Radiation Diagnostics, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Zhurina Olga N., PhD, Researcher, Scientific and Clinical Center of Hematology, Oncology and Immunology, I.P. Pavlov Ryazan State Medical University, Ryazan, Russian Federation.
Puchkova Galina A., Physician of Ultrasound Diagnostics, Ryazan Regional Clinical Cardiologic Dispensary, Ryazan, Russian Federation.