This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2013 Vol. 21 No 3
Y.S. VINNIK, L.À. SHESTAKOVA, O.V. TEPLYAKOVA, N.I. CEDRICK, O.V. PERYANOVA, A.G. GITLINA, S.V. YAKIMOV, A.M. PLAHOTNIKOVA
EXPERIMENTAL MODEL OF PRIMARY INFECTED PANCREATIC NECROSIS
SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”,
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the possibilities of A. baumannii clinical strain in modeling of the primary infected pancreatic necrosis in laboratory rabbits as well as to evaluate the capability of reproduction and validity of the improved experimental model.
Methods. The research was carried out on 10 Chinchilla rabbits breed (males) aging 4-5 months. The improved technique provided the middle laparotomy, the puncture of the gallbladder with aspiration of 0,6 ml of bile. The pancreatic necrosis induction was performed with a mechanical pressure of pancreatic tissue in three standard points with Bilrot’s clips and the following intraparenchymatous injection of 0,2 ml autobile and suspension of A. baumannii clinical strain.
Results. On the second and third days after modeling the clinical symptoms of the system inflammation reaction such as tachypnea, tachycardia and hyperthermia have been registered. During relaparotomy performed 72 hours after the pancreatic necrosis induction a cloudy exudate with the presence of fibrin strands was determined in the abdominal cavity; dilatation of the stomach and small intestine was noted. The pancreas was not clearly seen on the background of small intestines mesentery and looked like a homogenous mass consisted of the confluent steatonecrosis focuses. Hystologically lysis of the acinar and glandular parenchyma was determined in the pancreas biopsies of the animals. While liver sample examining the signs of secondary acute hepatitis were detected.
The kidneys characterized by the interstitial nephritis, the signs of interstitial myocarditis were observed in myocardium. The evidence of bronchopneumonia and obstructive emphysema with formation of bullas was revealed in the lungs.
A. baumannii was identified in the amount of 5,0×107 CFU/g taken from pancreatic biopsy specimens and in the amount of 107 CFU/ml – from the peritoneal exudate. A. baumannii combined with enterobacteria and Entercoccus spp. has been detected in peritoneal exudates (4 animals).
Conclusions. The use of the improved method allowed to simulate the infected pancreatic necrosis in all the animals with clinical and morphological symptoms of the systemic inflammation reaction as well as with the generalization of bacterial peritonitis and level of superinfection of 40,0% within 72 hours from the moment of modeling.
- Tarasenko VS, Kubyshkin VS, Demin DB, Volkov DV, Smoliagin AI, Chukina OV. Immunologicheskie narusheniia pri pankreonekroze i ikh korrektsiia [Immunological disorders of pancreatic necrosis and their correction]. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2013;(1):88–95.
- Litvin AA, Khokha VM. Sovremennye tendentsii v khirurgicheskom lechenii ostrogo nekrotiziruiushchego pankreatita i infitsirovannogo pankreonekroza [Current trends in the surgical treatment of acute necrotizing pancreatitis and infected pancreatic necrosis]. Vestn Kluba Pankreatologov. 2012;(2):31–35.
- Miller SV, Vinnik IuS, Tepliakova OV. Lechenie bol'nykh ostrym destruktivnym pankreatitom [Treatment of patients with acute destructive pancreatitis]. Khirurgiia Zhurn im NI Pirogova. 2012;(5):24–30.
- Zinenko DIu, Sukhina TV. Izmeneniia struktury podzheludochnoi zhelezy v usloviiakh modelirovaniia eksperimental'nogo ostrogo pankreatita [Changes in the pancretic structure of the experimental model at acute pancreatitis]. Morfologiia. 2010;4(1):17–21.
- Hartwig W, Schimmel E, Hackert T, Fortunato F, Bergmann F, Baczako A, Strobel O, Buchler MW, Werner J. A novel animal model of severe pancreatitis in mice and its differences to the rat. Surgery. 2008 Sep;144(3):394–403.
- Wan MH, Huang W, Latawiec D, Jiang K, Booth DM, Elliott V, Mukherjee R, Xia Q. Review of experimental animal models of biliary acute pancreatitis and recent advances in basic research. HPB (Oxford). 2012 Feb;14(2):73–81.
- Liu ZH, Peng JS, Li CJ, Yang ZL, Xiang J, Song H, Wu XB, Chen JR, Diao DC. A simple taurocholate-induced model of severe acute pancreatitis in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2009 Dec 7;15(45):5732–39.
- Su KH, Cuthbertson C, Christophi C. Review of experimental animal models of acute pancreatitis. HPB (Oxford). 2006;8(4):264–86.
- Tolstoi AD, Panov VP, Krasnorogov VB, Vashetko RV, Skorodumov AV. Parapankreatit. Etiologiia, patogenez, diagnostika, lechenie [Parapankreatit. The etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment]. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Iasnyi Svet; 2003. 256 p.
- Doroshkevich SV, Doroshkevich EIu. Eksperimental'noe modelirovanie ostrogo pankreatita [An experimental model of acute pancreatitis]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2008;16(2):14–21.
- Ushkevich AL, Zhandarov KN, Prokopchik NI. Modelirovanie ostrogo destruktivnogo pankreatita, parapankreatita v eksperimente [Simulation of acute destructive pancreatitis, parapancreatitis in experiment]. Novosti Khirurgii. 2010;18(2):8–14.
- Petrova EV, Alekseeva NT, Korol'kov AIu. Vliianie gospital'noi infektsii na techenie destruktivnogo pankreatita [Influence of nosocomial infection on a destructive pancreatitis]. Vrach. 2008;(4):68–70.
- Wu BU, Johannes RS, Kurtz S, Banks PA. The impact of hospital-acquired infection on outcome in acute pancreatitis. Gastroenterology. 2008 Sep;135(3):816–20.
- Miller SV, Vinnik IuS, Tepliakova OV, Per'ianova OV. Dinamika etiologicheskoi struktury i antibiotikochuvstvitel'nosti mikroflory infitsirovannogo pankreonekroza [The dynamics of the etiological structure and flora antibiotic susceptibility of infected pancreatic necrosis]. Annaly Khirurgii. 2011;(5):54–61.
- Per'ianova OV, Mal'tseva OE, Osipova NP, Tepliakova OV, Kublitskaia LI, Kapustina EA, Smotrov SV, Kurchitskii AA. Antibiotikochuvstvitel'nost' mikroflory pri destruktivnykh formakh ostrogo pankreatita [Antibiotic sensitivity of microflora in destructive forms of acute pancreatitis]. Sib Med Zhurn. 2006;62(4):22–25.
- Dent LL, Marshall DR, Pratap S, Hulette RB. Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: a descriptive study in a city hospital. BMC Infect Dis. 2010 Jul 7;10:196.
- Sheina EA, Stadnikov BA, Tret'iakov AA. Reparativnye potentsii tkanei podzheludochnoi zhelezy pri eksperimental'nom infitsirovannom pankreonekroze [Reparative potency of pancreatic tissue in experimental infected pancreatic necrosis]. Morfologiia. 2008;134(5):29–32.
660022, g. Krasnoiarsk, ul. Partizana Zhelezniaka, d. 1, GBOU VPO "Krasnoiarskii gosudarstvennyi meditsinskii universitet imeni professora V.F. Voino-Iasenetskogo" kafedra obshchei khirurgii,
Teplyakova Olga Valerevna
Vinnik Y.S. A Honored Worker of Science of Russia, MD, professor, a head of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino -Yasenetsky”.
Shestakova O.V. PhD, an associate professor, a head of the pathologic anatomy chair named after professor P.G. Podzolkov of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”.
Teplyakova O.V. PhD, an applicant for Doctor’s degree of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”.
Cedrick N.I. An assistant of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”. Peryanova O.V. PhD, an associate professor, a head of microbiology chair named after B.M. Zelmanovich of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”.
Gitlina A.G. A senior researcher of CSRL of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”.
Yakimov S.V. MD, professor of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F.Voino-Yasenetsky”.
Plahotnikova A.M. A 6-year student of SBEE HPE “Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after professor V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky”.