This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2018 Vol. 26 No 1
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
Y.S. VINNIK1, R.A. PAKHOMOVA1, L.V. KOCHETOVA1, V.V. KOZLOV2
CHEMILUMINESCENT ACTIVITY AND CYTOARCHITECTONICS OF NEUTROPHILIC GRANULOCYTES IN PATIENTS WITH MECHANICAL JAUNDICE
Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky1 ,Krasnoyarsk
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) 2, Moscow,
The Russian Federation
Objective. To study the functional activity and cytoarchitectonics of neutrophilic granulocytes by the atomic force microscopy technique in the patients with mechanical jaundice of benign genesis of varying severity.
Methods. The subject of the study were 92 patients aged from 47 to 69 years undergoing the in-patient treatment in the surgical departments of medical institutions in Krasnoyarsk with the diagnosis of mechanical jaundice of benign genesis. The control group consisted of 60 donors, comparable in sex and age with the main group. Depending on the severity of mechanical jaundice, luminol-dependent chemiluminescence of neutrophils was investigated and atomic-force microscopy of neurophilic granulocytes was performed to determine the shape, membrane state, geometric dimensions and adhesion forces of the blood neutrophils.
Results. In patients with mechanical jaundice, the intensity of spontaneous chemiluminescence depends on the severity of mechanical jaundice. The kinetics of the chemiluminescent response of the peripheral blood neutrophils indicates an increase in the compensatory functional capacity of this cell population in case of mild degree of mechanical jaundice severity with their depletion in parallel with the increase in the severity of mechanical jaundice.
Atomic force microscopy revealed violations of the structural organization of the neutrophil granulocyte. With increasing severity of mechanical jaundice, neutrophil became convex in shape, the number of segments of the nucleus increased, the cell membrane became irregular, the neutrophil volume reached 62.20 + 5.94 μm3. The magnitude of the adhesion forces of neutrophils decreased by 25% in patients with class B severity of mechanical jaundice and by 31% with class C severity of mechanical jaundice.
Conclusions. Based on the analysis of the chemiluminescent activity of neutrophilic granulocytes and their cytoarchitectonics, we concluded that the functional capabilities of neutrophilic granulocytes in mechanical jaundice are depleted in parallel with the increase in the severity of mechanical jaundice. Dysfunctions of neutrophils in mechanical jaundice are caused by the change in its cytoarchitectonics and by the decrease in adhesion forces.
- Gal’perin EI. Klassifikatsiia tiazhesti mekhanicheskoi zheltukhi. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2012;17(2):26-33. (in Russ.)
- Welniak LA, Sun R, Murphy WJ. The role of growth hormone in T-cell development and reconstitution. J Leukoc Biol. 2002 Mar;71(3):381-87.
- Datsenko BM, Borisenko VB. Mechanical jaundice, acute cholangitis, biliary sepsis: pathogenic relationship and principles of differential diagnostics. Novosti Khirurgii. 2013;21;(5):31-39. doi: 10.18484/2305-0047.2013.5.31. (in Russ.)
- Smirnova ÎV, Titova NM, Manchuk VT, Elmanova NG, Kochetova LV, Pakhomova RÀ. Cellular immunity features in patients with benign origin obstructive jaundice depending on bilirubin. Fundam Issledovaniia. 2015;(2-10):2174-79. (in Russ.)
- Liu G, Yang H, Chen X, Wang X, Chu Y. Modulation of neutrophil development and homeostasis. Curr Mol Med. 2013 Sep;13(8):1270-83.
- Strydom N, Rankin SM. Regulation of circulating neutrophil numbers under homeostasis and in disease. J Innate Immun. 2013;5(4):304-14. doi: 10.1159/000350282.
- Stupin VA, Laptev VV, Tskaev AYu, Givirovskaya NE. Immune System in Benign Obstructive Jaundice Patients. Annaly Khirurg Gepatologii. 2008;13(2):69-75. (in Russ.)
- Kurtasova LM, Semenov EV, Zukov RA, Shkapova EA. Changes in parameters of luminol-dependent and lucigenin-dependent chemiluminescence of peripheral blood neutrophils in patients with bladder cancer in the disease dynamics. Med Immunologiia. 2015;17(2):173-78. (in Russ.)
- Savchenko AA, Dresvjankina LV, Grinshtejn YuI, Aristov AI. Features of chemiluminescent activity of blood neutrophils and sputum of patients with community-acquired pneumonia during the treatment. Sib Med Obozrenie. 2014;(5):52-56. (in Russ.)
660022, The Russian Federation,
Krasnoyarsk, P.Zheleznyak Str., 1,
Krasnoyarsk State Medical University
named after Professor
V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky,
General Surgery Department,
Tel. mobile +79029423912,
Pakhomova Regina A.
Vinnik Yurij S., MD, Professor, Head of the General Surgery Department named after Professor M.I. Gulman, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation.
Pakhomova Regina A., PhD, Assistant of the General Surgery Department named after Professor M.I. Gulman, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation.
Kochetova Lyudmila V., PhD, Associate Professor of the General Surgery Department named after Professor M.I. Gulman, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation.
Kozlov Vasiliy V., PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Public Health and Health Care, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University), Moscow, Russian Federation.