This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2011 Vol. 19 No 3
KOCHOYAN T.M., KOMOV D.V., MATVEEV V.B., KOMAROV I.G., KERIMOV R.A., LOGACHEV A.V.
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF KIDNEY TUMORS WITH ENDOSCOPIC TECHNIQUES
Objectives. To carry out the comparative analysis of the distant survival of patients with the kidney tumor depending on the access: the open or the endoscopic methods.
Methods: 214 patients with the kidney cancer were included into the investigation (90 males and 124 females) in whom nephrectomy was performed. All the patients were divided into two groups. 164 patients with the clinical diagnosis of the kidney cancer Т1-3N0M0 who underwent laparoscopic nephrectomy composed the main group. In the control group 50 patients were retrospectively selected in whom radical nephrectomy by the laparotomy access because of the localized kidney cancer was carried out.
Results. General survival of the patients with the renal-cell cancer after the laparoscopic nephrectomy made up 100%. 4-year survival without recurrences of the radically operated patients composed 94, 4%. General 1-year and 4-year survival of the patients who underwent the open nephrectomy composed 98, 9% and 96, 45, without recurrences 100% and 96,2% respectively.
Conclusions. Laparoscopic access for nephrectomy performing in patients with early kidney cancer stages is an acceptable one from the oncologic positions as well as less traumatic and safe in comparison with open surgeries.
- Аксель, Е. М. Злокачественные новообразования в России и странах СНГ в 2002 г. / Е. М. Аксель, М. И. Давыдов. – М., 2004. – 281 с.
- Renal cell carcinoma: prognostic significance of incidentally detected tumors / K. H. Tsui [et al.] // J. Urol. – 2000. – Vol. 162, N 2. – P. 436-441.
- Матвеев, В. Б. Лапароскопическая хирургия в онкоурологии / В. Б. Матвеев, И. Г. Комаров, М. И. Волкова // Материалы Х Рос. онколог. конгр. – М., 2006. – С. 42-46.
- Lymphadenectomy in renal cell carcinoma / J. P. Siminovitch, J. E. Montie, R. A. Straffon // J. Urol. – 1992. – Vol. 127, N 6. – P. 1090-1091.
- Tan, A. V. Transperitoneal Radical Nephrectomy / A. V. Tan, A. D. Joice // Laparoscopic Urologic. Surgery in Malignances / Eds. J. Rosette, I. Gill. – Berlin: Springer, New York: Hiedelberg, 2005. – P. 19-28.
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy: cancer control f or renal cell carcinoma / D. Y. Chan [et al.] // J. Urol. – 2001. – Vol. 166. – P. 2095-2100.
- Long-term follow-up after laparoscopic radical nephrectomy / J. A. Portis [et al.] // J. Urol. – 2002. – Vol. 167, N 3. – P. 1257-1262.