This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2015 Vol. 23 No 4
GENERAL & SPECIAL SURGERY
Y.V. STRUCHKOV, A. S. VOROTYNCEV, A.G. KURMANBAEV
THE CHANGE OF BACTERIAL FLORA IN LOCAL THERAPY WITH OZONATED PHYSIOLOGICAL SOLUTION IN PATIENTS WITH OBSTRUCTIVE JAUNDICE AFTER PERFORMANCE OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE INTERVENTIONS
SBEE HPE "I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University",
The Russian Federation
Objectives. To study the effectiveness of local application of ozonated physiological solution on the bacterial microflora of the biliary tract in patients with obstructive jaundice.
Methods. The drainage of the biliary tract by retrograde or antegrade method was performed to patients with complicated jaundice (different degrees) under sonographic and fluoroscopic guidance. The intake of bile through the fixed biliary drainage (nasobiliary drainage, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiostomy (PTCS) was carried out for inoculation on the medium immediately after drainage of the biliary tract as well as to control bacteriological sowing of bile on the third and seventh days. This study was performed to determine the spectrum of bacterial flora of the biliary tract and to control the conducted local therapy with physiological solution with ozone at concentration of 5 mg/L, saline (1000 ml.) are to be done daily .
Results. On the third day after drainage of the bile ducts (BD) the bacteriological composition has been changed. The incidence of detection of Klebsiella spp. significantly reduces from 21 cases to 6 and Escherichia coli from 22 to 10 cases. The number of Pseudomona aeruginosa increases from 8 to 18 cases and Enterococcus spp – from 6 to 24 cases. The titre of microbial bodies Enterococcus spp raises from 3,77 to 4,86±0,12 of colony forming units (CFU)/ml. Daily sanitation (5 mg/l, (1000 ml) of BD with ozonated physiological solution promotes to reduce all types of microorganisms with a realiable reduction detection incidence of Pseudomona aeruginosa and Enterococcus spp up to 6 cases and a decrease of the titre of microbial cells up to 4,1±0,17 and 3,2±0,58, respectively.
Conclusion. In the hospital the number of conditionally pathogenic microflora has reduced reliably and the number of nosocomial infections increased. The conducted study has confirmed the efficacy of ozonated physiological solution for the prevention and treatment of infectious complications in patients with cholestasis.
- Patiutko IuI, Kotel'nikov AG. Khirurgiia raka organov biliopankreatoduodenal'noi zony [Cancer surgery of biliopancreatoduodenal area]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina, 2007. 446 p.
- Kotovskii AE, Glebov KG. Endoskopicheskoe lechenie papillostenoza [Endoscopic treatment of papillostenosis]. Annaly Khir Gepatologii. 2010;(1):34-36.
- Mutignani M Shah SK, Foschia F, Pandolfi M, Perri V, Costamagna G. Transnasal extraction of residual biliary stones by Seldinger technique and nasobiliary drain. Gastrointest Endosc. 2002 Aug;56(2):233-38.
- Briggs CD, Irving GR, Cresswell A, Peck R, Lee F, Peterson M, Cameron IC.Percutaneous transhepatic insertion of self-expanding short metal stents for biliary obstruction before resection of pancreatic or duodenal malignancy proves to be safe and effective. Surg Endosc. 2010 Mar;24(3):567-71. doi: 10.1007/s00464-009-0598-9.
- Kim HM, Park JY, Kim KS, Park MS, Kim MJ, Park YN, Bang S, Song SY, Chung JB, Park SW. Intraductal ultrasonography combined with percutaneous transhepatic cholangioscopy for the preoperative evaluation of longitudinal tumor extent in hilar cholangiocarcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Feb;25(2):286-92. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1746.2009.05944.x.
- Kloek JJ, van der Gaag NA, Aziz Y, Rauws EA, van Delden OM, Lameris JS, Busch OR, Gouma DJ, van Gulik TM. Endoscopic and percutaneous preoperative biliary drainage in patients with suspected hilar cholangiocarcinoma. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010 Jan;14(1):119-25. doi: 10.1007/s11605-009-1009-1.
- Salminen P, Laine S, Gullichsen R.Severe and fatal complications after ERCP: analysis of 2555 procedures in a single experienced center. Surg Endosc. 2008 Sep;22(9):1965-70.
- Beliaev SA, Beliaev AN, Kozlov SA. Vnutriportal'nye infuzii ozonirovannogo fiziologicheskogo rastvora v korrektsii okislitel'nogo stressa pri mekhanicheskoi zheltukhe [Intraportal infusions of ozonated saline solution in the correction of oxidative stress in obstructive jaundice]. Izvestiia Vysshikh Uch Zavedenii. Povolzhskii Region. Med Nauki. 2011;18(2):74-81.
- Korabel'nikov AI, Andreev GN, Men'shikova IL. Vliianie ozona na viazkost' zhelchi pri ostrom gnoinom kholangite [Influence of ozone on the viscosity of bile in acute purulent cholangitis]. Annaly Khir Gepatol 1999;(4)2:107-108.
- Parkhisenko IuA, Rudoi VT, Filiptsova LA, Aristov AI. Lechenie i profilaktika kholangitov ozonom pri retrogradnoi kholangiopankreatografii [Treatment and prevention of cholangitis by ozone during retrograde cholangiopancreatography]. Annaly Khir Gepatol. 1999;4(2):123.
- Lelianov AD, Beinarovich KV, Chelombit'ko MA, Nesterov AA. Pervyi opyt ispol'zovaniia oksida azota i ozona v kompleksnom lechenii rasprostranennogo peritonita [The first experience of the use of nitrogen oxide and ozone in treatment of diffuse peritonitis]. GEOU VPO Smolensk Gos Med Akademiia. Med Al'manakh. 2013;3(27):112-13.
109240, Russian Federation,
Moscow, ul. Yauzskaya d. 11. str. 1,
GKB im. I.V. Davyidovskogo,
GBOU VPO "Pervyiy moskovskiy
gosudarstvennyiy meditsinskiy universitet
imeni I.M. Sechenova",
kafedra obschey khirurgii,
Kurmanbaev Azamat Gultashyirovich
Struchkov Y.V. MD, professor, a senior researcher of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE "I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University".
Vorotyncev A.S. PhD, an associate professor of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE "I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University".
Kurmanbaev A.G. A post-graduate student of the general surgery chair of SBEE HPE "I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University".