This journal is
indexed in Scopus
Year 2017 Vol. 25 No 3
E.V. BARANOV1, A.V. BURAVSKY1, Z.B. KVACHEVA2, A.V. BUTENKO2, D.S. TRETYAK3, N.K. YURKSHTOVICH4, L.V. CEDIK5, S.I. TRETYAK1, I.D. VOLOTOVSKY2
POTENTIAL OF USING CULTIVATED DERMAL FIBROBLASTS ON THE BIODEGRADABLE POLYMERIC MATRICES FOR TREATING SKIN DAMAGES IN THE EXPERIMENT
EE "Belarusian State Medical University"1,
SRE "Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering of NAS of Belarus"2,
SE "The 432nd Chief Military Clinical Medical Center of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus" 3,
EE "Belarusian State University"4,
SNE "Powder Metallurgy Institute"5,
The Republic of Belarus
Objectives. To evaluate the possibility of using of cultivated dermal fibroblasts on the biodegradable polymeric matrices for treating skin damages in the experiment.
Methods. The study was performed on 90 rats of Wistar line (180-200 g weight) with pure wounds (D-2,5cm). Six groups were formed, 15 animals per each group. The culture of dermal fibroblasts was isolated from the skin of newborn rats; to accumulate the required biomass of cells subpassage was carried out.
The cellular biological products were not applied in group 1 (control). Biodegradable matrices (dextran phosphate or polylactide) were used for treating wounds in the groups 2-6 as matrices without cellular biological product and matrices with cultured fibroblasts (250×103 to 700×103 cells per wound). Conclusion about the impact of biodegradable polymeric matrices with dermal fibroblasts on the wound healing was made on the basis of a comparative analysis of the results of digital planimetry and morphological studies.
Results. At all stages (7, 14, 21, 28 days) minimal rate of healing was registered in the first group. The sixth group, where polylactide containing 700×103 cells was added in the wound, is characterized by the biggest values of the healing rate – with respect to other groups. Complete epithelization of the wound defects in the micropreparations of the sixth group was marked by the 21st day of the experiment. The strong direct correlation between the number of transplanted cells and wound rate healing was detected on the 7th day (ρ=0,923), the 14th day (ρ=0,924), and the 21st day of the experiment (ρ=0,914).
Conclusion. In the experiment it has been found out, that local application of the cultivated dermal fibroblasts on biodegradable polymer matrices (dextran phosphate and polylactide) results in a significant reduction of terms of the wound epithelization.
- Uchkin IG, Bagdasarian AG. Sovremennye podkhody k lecheniiu venoznykh troficheskikh iazv [Current approaches to the treatment of venous trophic ulcers]. RMZh. Khirurgiia. 2005;21(15):810-14.
- Abaev IuK. Rasstroistvo zazhivleniia ran i metody ikh korrektsii [Disorder of wound healing and methods of their correction]. Vestn khirurgii im II Grekova. 2005;164(1):111-13.
- Ehrlich HP. Understanding experimental biology of skin equivalent: from laboratory to clinical use in patients with burns and chronic wounds. Am J Surg. 2004 May;187(5A):29S-33S.
- Babaeva AG. Regeneratsiia – fakty i perspektivy [Regeneration - facts and perspectives]. Moscow, RF: RAMN; 2009. 334 p.
- Blinova MI, Kalmykova NV, Iudintseva NM, Kukhareva LV, Pinaev GP, Lapin AIu, i dr. Ispol'zovanie kul'tiviruemykh kletok kozhi cheloveka dlia lecheniia troficheskikh iazv [The use of cultured human skin cells for the treatment of trophic ulcers]. Kletochnye Kul'tury: inform biul. 2006;(21):33-44.
- Zorin VL, Cherkasov VR, Zorina AM, Deev RV. Kharakteristika mirovogo rynka kletochnykh tekhnologii [Characteristics of the world market of cellular technologies]. Kletochnaia Transplantologiia i Tkanevaia Inzheneriia. 2010;5(3):96-15.
- Pinaev GP, Bogdanova MS, Kol'tsova AM, red. Kletochnye tekhnologii dlia regenerativnoi meditsiny [Cellular technologies for regenerative medicine]. S-Petersburg, RF: Izd-vo Politekhn un-ta; 2011. 332 p.
- Baranov EV, Tret'iak SI, Vasilevich IB, Lobanok ES, Volotovskii ID. Klinicheskie vozmozhnosti primeneniia autogennykh mul'tipotentnykh mezenkhimnykh stromal'nykh kletok zhirovoi tkani pri lechenii patsientov s troficheskimi iazvami nizhnikh konechnostei [Clinical possibilities of using autogenic multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells of adipose tissue in the treatment of patients with trophic ulcers of lower extremities]. Kletochnaia Transplantologiia i Tkanevaia Inzheneriia. 2013;8(2):79-84.
- Sedov VM, Andreev DIu, Smirnova TD, Paramonov BA, En'kina TN, Sominina AA, i dr. Kletochnaia terapiia v lechenii troficheskikh iazv nizhnikh konechnostei [Cell therapy in the treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower extremities]. Vestn Khirurgii im II Grekova. 2006;165(2):90-94.
- Shablin DV, Pavlenko SG, Evglevskii AA, Bondarenko PP, Khuranov AA. Sovremennye ranevye pokrytiia v mestnom lechenii ran razlichnogo geneza [Modern wound covers in the local treatment of wounds of various origins ]. Fundam Issledovaniia. 2013;(12-2):361-65.
- Chunmeng S, Tianmin C, Yongping S, Xinze R, Yue M, Jifu Q, et al. Effects of dermal multipotent cell transplantation on skin wound healing. J Surg Res. 2004 Sep;121(1):13-19.
- Shved IuA, Kukhareva LV, Zorin IM, Blinova MI, Bilibin AIu, Pinaev GP. Vzaimodeistvie kul'tiviruemykh kletok kozhi s raznymi strukturnymi formami kollagena, nanesennogo na polilaktidnuiu matritsu [Interaction of cultured skin cells with different structural forms of collagen deposited on a polylactide matrix]. Tsitologiia. 2007;49(1):32-39.
- Badiavas EV, Abedi M, Butmarc J, Falanga V, Quesenberry P. Participation of bone marrow derived cells in cutaneous wound healing. J Cell Physiol. 2003 Aug;196(2):245-50.
- Tabata Y. Biomaterial technology for tissue engineering applications. J R Soc Interface. 2009 Jun 6;6(Suppl 3):S311-S24. doi: 10.1098/rsif.2008.0448.focus.
- Shtil'man MI. Polimery mediko-biologicheskogo naznacheniia [Polymers of biomedical application]. Moscow, RF: Akademkniga; 2006. 400 p.
220116, Republic of Belarus, Minsk,
83, Dzerzhinskiyi Ave., Belarusian
State Medical University,
Department N2 of Surgical Diseases,
Tel.: 375 29 623-99-83
Evgeniy V. Baranov
Baranov E.V. PhD, Ass. Professor of department of surgical diseases N2, EE "Belarusian State Medical University".
Buravsky A.V. PhD, Ass. Professor of department N2 of surgical diseases, EE "Belarusian State Medical University".
Kvacheva Z.B. PhD (Biology), leading researcher of Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology , SRE "Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering of NAS of Belarus".
Butenko A.V. Junior researcher of the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, SRE "Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering of NAS of Belarus".
Tretyak D.S. PhD, Major of medical service, senior resident of medical troop, SE "Main Clinical Military Medical Centre 432 of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus"
Yurkshtovich N.K. PhD (chemical sciences), leading researcher of the Research Institute for Physical Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University
Cedik L.V. Researcher of SNE "Powder Metallurgy Institute".
Tretyak S.I. Corresponding Member of NAS of Belarus, MD, Professor, Head of department of surgical diseases N2, EE "Belarusian State Medical University".
Volotovsky I.D. BD (Biology), Academician of NAS of Belarus, Head of the Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, SRE "Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering , NAS of Belarus".